• Mike Tyson Fights Again in EA SPORTS UFC 2

The mystery pre-order fighter has been announced for EA SPORTS UFC 2 and as many in the sports gaming community corrected guessed, it is former boxing champion Mike Tyson.

Users who pre-order the standard edition of the game will have instant access to "Iron" Mike Tyson, modeled and based upon the boxer in the 1980s. Those who pre-order the Deluxe Edition will receive both “Iron” Mike as well as “Legacy” Mike Tyson, which is based upon the end of his boxing career. Both versions can also be unlocked by progressing in the game.

Mike Tyson has quite the video game legacy. He has appeared in the following franchises: Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!, Mike Tyson Boxing, Fight Night Round 4, Mike Tyson: Main Event, WWE '13, and now EA SPORTS UFC 2.

Continue on to see the press release and video courtesy EA SPORTS.

One of the most iconic athletes of all time is coming to EA SPORTS™ UFC® 2. Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) announced today that Mike Tyson will make his mixed martial arts debut as an unlockable fighter when the game comes out starting March 15, 2016. Fans who pre-order EA SPORTS UFC 2 will get instant day-one access to Tyson, and all players can unlock him by progressing in the game and making it to the Hall of Fame in Career Mode. The former undisputed heavyweight boxing champion of the world packs the strongest punching power of any fighter in the game and will fight across two different weight classes: light heavyweight and heavyweight. For a first look at the former champ in EA SPORTS UFC 2, watch the Mike Tyson reveal video.

Two versions of Tyson are coming to the game: “Iron” Mike Tyson based on his climb to stardom and string of invincible fights in the eighties; and “Legacy” Mike Tyson, developed with the end of his illustrious career in mind. Fans who pre-order the standard edition of EA SPORTS UFC 2 will get day-one access to “Iron” Mike Tyson. Those who opt for the Deluxe Edition will receive both “Iron” Mike as well as “Legacy” Mike Tyson. Both versions are available to unlock by progressing in the game.

“As a huge fan, I’m honored to be part of EA SPORTS and explore the world of mixed martial arts,” said Mike Tyson. “I follow UFC very closely and it’s going to be very cool to see how I would stack up against these amazing MMA athletes.”
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Mike Tyson Makes His Octagon® Debut in EA SPORTS UFC 2 started by cdj View original post
    Comments 5 Comments
      CLW -
      LMAO - can you say gimmick?
      JBHuskers -
      Nah, I think it's cool to play the what-if game with Tyson in the UFC.
      cdj -
      He also fits in well with the new Knockout Mode. It's definitely a nice marketing ploy, but he fits in more than, say, the Terminator in WWE 2K. The bigger question is how they rate him and if he'll be overused in online play.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      He also fits in well with the new Knockout Mode. It's definitely a nice marketing ploy, but he fits in more than, say, the Terminator in WWE 2K. The bigger question is how they rate him and if he'll be overused in online play.
      Anything is better than the Terminator for 2K. That was dumb.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
      skipwondah33 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Nah, I think it's cool to play the what-if game with Tyson in the UFC.
      Was thinking the same actually.

Though not sure if I'll buy the game, that is pretty cool.

It's funny because in the first version of the game my created player was pretty much the Mike Tyson version of the UFC. I wasn't going for that but now thinking back that is what he ended up being. All my skill stuff went to boxing related attributes.