• Does the NCAA Football franchise have a pulse? (Update: No.)

In their first Facebook post since July 29, 2014 the EA SPORTS NCAA Football Facebook page has posted a very cryptic video of a heartbeat on an EKG machine.

Could this be a tease of the franchise returning? Was the page hacked? Or on the threshold of the National Championship Game, is this a reminder of the franchise and the many fans who want it to return?

We will update this story if any additional news or information is acquired.

UPDATE - Per Owen Good:
    “No news, sorry to get your hopes up.” EA Sports rep to me re: that Facebook heartbeat video. It’s about tonight’s nat’l championship game.

This article was originally published in forum thread: Does NCAA Football franchise have a pulse? started by cdj View original post
    Comments 46 Comments
      baseballplyrmvp -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      There are only 2 problems with that

1) online play now
      2) online dynasty

They both need a universal roster to start
      Online dynasty has always started with the commissioner's roster file being uploaded.

Online play now... I'll think about
      baseballplyrmvp -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      There are only 2 problems with that

1) online play now
      2) online dynasty

They both need a universal roster to start
      Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
      Online dynasty has always started with the commissioner's roster file being uploaded.

Online play now... I'll think about
      Pretty much the only way I think it could work, would be (since the position groups are rated on 1-10 stars and have personality traits) to create a random temporary file for the 2 teams just for that one game.
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by PAcMAnSTEw View Post
      They could easily create a game with fictional conference names, teams, and generic rosters with the ability to go online and customize all names, like they did with team creation.
      They could, and it wouldn't sell at all. Or, worse, they'd get threatened with lawsuits the second that those customization abilities would allow you to create any team that really existed, and they might have to nerf those abilities to customize teams. That's (part) of what killed the Backbreaker franchise, they promised all these amazing customization options, that they had to pull because of the legal threats.
      baseballplyrmvp -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      They could, and it wouldn't sell at all. Or, worse, they'd get threatened with lawsuits the second that those customization abilities would allow you to create any team that really existed, and they might have to nerf those abilities to customize teams. That's (part) of what killed the Backbreaker franchise, they promised all these amazing customization options, that they had to pull because of the legal threats.
      Ya, your run of the mill generic roster, where no team is close to where they should be rated, but is fully customizable, won't sell very well.
      OLATHExSOONER -
      I guess the best we can do is hope that Madden adds teambuilder in Madden 17. That's as good as it's gonna get, but I don't even know if they'll add it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      OLATHExSOONER -
      I think the NCAA Football Twitter accounted updated their header photo...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk