• Madden NFL 16 Update 1.06 Available, Adds Ranked Draft Champions

Madden NFL 16 game update 1.06 is now available and comes in at over 1 GB in size.

The update addresses a significant number of improvements and additions to gameplay, CFM, MUT, presentation, and adds ranked play to Draft Champions.

In order to play Draft Champions Ranked, users will need to 'buy' tickets which can be done with in-game coins (MUT) or through solo challenges. The mode will last until the user wins six games or loses two. Users will receive a MUT pack based on the number of wins earned.

Continue on to see the list of improvements coming to Madden NFL 16 via this game update.

The latest Madden NFL 16 Patch (1.06) is now available. Included are improvements and fixes to gameplay, Connected Franchise, Madden Ultimate Team, and an all-new way to compete in the hottest new mode – Draft Champions Ranked.

MADDEN ULTIMATE TEAM

• Addressed issue where user could only use Enhanced play call settings in Solo Challenges.
    • The Item Binder filters will retain after searching the Auction House from the Item Binder.
    • Users can now quick sell, auction, or trade items that are in their lineup; this will remove that item from the user’s lineup.
    • Turning off the Camera Toggle setting will now correctly allow you to use Strategy Pad controls in Solo Challenges.

DRAFT CHAMPIONS

• Ranked Draft Champions mode added.

STABILITY

• Multiple general stability fixes.
    • Fixed a softlock that could occur when viewing manual instant replay after a questionable call.

GAMEPLAY

• Addressed a gameplay exploit where user could flip a run play and audible to a new run play resulting in an unintended ball carrier taking the handoff.
    • Addressed an issue where elite defenders were causing lower rated receivers to have 0% chance of catching during two-man interactions.
    • Fixed an exploit where users could hot route PA End Around after they would audible and reset the play.
    • Addressed an exploit with HB auto-motion vs man coverage.
    • Increased the effectiveness of AI pass rushers.
    • Eliminated the ability to “route swap” offensive plays.
    • Fixed the issue where users could not use custom defensive playbooks in online play a friend matches.
    • Increased the chances for elite defenders to intercept the ball during two-man interactions.
    • Increased pass breakup chances when using the Play Receiver mechanic in a two-man Aggressive Catch situation.
    • Addressed exploit where the safety in deep zone would misplay the ball when a receiver streaked down the seam.
    • Addressed an issue where the user would be penalized with an “On the Run” throw type when the QB’s feet were still planted and user was trying to pass lead.
    • Addressed an issue where kickers could shank field goals despite keeping the accuracy inside the cone.
    • Fixed a rare issue where the ball carrier could freeze in place after interacting with other offensive players.
    • Fixed an issue where safeties playing the outside deep zone could still get beat deep defending vertical routes.
    • Fixed an issue where preplay mechanics for DL and LB shifts would not function after pressing or backing off the secondary.
    • Addressed an exploit where motioning a WR half a step inside would give the WR a speed burst upon snapping the ball.
    • Addressed an issue where the WR would not make the proper cut after being pressed at the line of scrimmage.
    • Addressed an issue where the AI team would kick a field goal before 4th down in OT instead of attempting to score a TD.
    • Addressed an issue where outside receivers that are aligned tight to the formation are able to get behind deep third defenders consistently.
    • addressed an exploit where the MLB could come through unblocked on FG attempts and block the kick.
    • Overall improvements to AI pass blocking and bug fixes.
    • Addressed an issue where the half would end even if a defensive penalty occurred on the last play. There will now be an untimed down.
    • Fixed an issue where tapping LT during pre-play caused users to challenge a play they did not want to challenge. Users can now quick challenge by clicking in Rstick during pre-play.
    • Improved the hit stick when a user holds it down rather than flicking it.
    • Fixed an issue where FG kickers were sometimes kicking the ball wildly inaccurate when user slightly misses outside the kick meter cone.
    • Fixed an issue where Users could regain ability to Hot Route and quick hike on PA End Around by audibling to PA End Around during huddle break.
    • Decreased inaccurate passes on short throws for elite QB’s who are not under pressure with their feet set.
    • Fixed an issue where the Center does not snap the ball to the Quarterback, instead immediately engaging the Defensive/Nose Tackle, leaving the Quarterback frozen for the whole play.
    • Fixed an exploit on kickoffs where users on the return team could spam audibles until their opponent is forced to kick an inaccurate kick.

CFM

• Added XP sliders to new online CFM’s.
    • Note: This feature will only work for new Online leagues only – available 11/18.
    • Fixed a bug in CFM preseason and regular season where a last second field goal in OT by the team who received the ball first and is on their first possession would not end the game.
    • Fixed an issue where generated rookies were only wearing Revolution Speed helmets.
    • Note: This fix will work for existing offline that don’t already have that season’s rookie draft class created; fix already applied to online leagues.
    • Tuned Confidence so that it’s not as easy to earn for offline franchise.
    • Note: This fix will work for existing offline leagues; fix already applied to online leagues.
    • Addressed an issue where users could not edit the Depth Chart during the Preseason.
    • Note: This fix will work for existing offline leagues; fix already applied to online leagues.
    • Addressed an issue where a Low Back Strain would result in an unrealistic injury length.
    • Purchasing the “Increased Experience – Increase Player Weekly Goal XP” upgrade will now function correctly.
    • Tuned generated rookie safeties’ speed to better align with the rest of the game.
    • Note: This fix will work for existing offline leagues that don’t already have that season’s rookie draft class created; fix already applied to online leagues.
    • Addressed an issue where interception season goals were not be being tracked correctly in some instances.
    • Tuned generated rookie wide receivers’ speed to better align with the rest of the game.
    • Note: This fix will work for existing offline leagues that don’t already have that season’s rookie draft class created; fix already applied to online leagues.
    • Tuned generated rookie cornerbacks’ speed to better align with the rest of the game.
    • Note: This fix will work for existing offline that don’t already have that season’s rookie draft class created; fix already applied to online leagues.
    • Fixed an issue where users could have players get traded from their team without their consent when trade type was set to Enable All.
    • Fixed an issue where users could only re-sign two players before the rest would stay in a “negotiating” state.
    • Addressed an issue when Progress Player was set to On, the user’s Coach XP would also be spent as well according to the league’s Player Progression Frequency.

GRAPHICS

• Added Ann Mara patch to Giants default home and away uniforms.
    • Added William Clay Ford patch to Lions default home and away uniforms.
    • Falcons 50 Seasons patch is added to default Home/Away uniforms.
    • Addressed issues with Bears 1985 Blue Jersey.
    • Addressed errors with the Kansas City Chiefs Official Away Jersey
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Madden NFL 16 Game Update 1.06 Now Available started by cdj View original post
    Comments 10 Comments
      skipwondah33 -
      Some nice things in there

Definitely needed were the

* inaccurate short passes
      * Safety in Deep Zone/Seam issue

Some of the others hadn't ran into before or seen.
      CLW -
      Seems to be allot for CFM but who knows if it actually works and makes CFM playable.
      Rudy -
      The kick shank issue is nice but without splitting the special teams sliders it doesn't help franchise mode. I may check it out but I've largely moved on from Madden. At this point I can't see my paying full price for Madden 17. It's stale to me right now. I need better cpu ai.
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      The kick shank issue is nice but without splitting the special teams sliders it doesn't help franchise mode. I may check it out but I've largely moved on from Madden. At this point I can't see my paying full price for Madden 17. It's stale to me right now. I need better cpu ai.
      Why pay full price when CFM is not playable until Thanksgiving (if even then)?
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      You shouldn't after this year's absolute debacle with CFM - Madden is a week rental whore out the and send it back to GameFly. I'm done with EA and their Pay to Win mode priority
      Rudy -
      Totally agree. Waiting for patches just kills it. Might as well wait two months to get the game cheaper and less bugs. This year was especially bad.
      GatorfanStovy -
      MUT 16 ( Madden 16) Have been shit all year. This patch have helped in game play . I noticed before the patch the kicking arrowed wouldn't work right in onside kicks and fg's , now it seems to be working like ti should I just wish we could kick bounce the ball in the game .. But we probably wont ever see it. People are saying Nano's are stil in h2h play so I dunno. I'm still trying to grind all the offline stuff for mut master. h2h will come last for me . gonna be a tough .

As far as mut stuff , promo been shit MF and TG been just been shitty . pack odds meh. Also cards are high priced this year its tough to buy 'em. they haven't even touched CFM in like years so meh. Luckily I"ll have MLB the show 17 next year. At least do work .

I'll be skipping 17 not buying it all next year.
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
      MUT 16 ( Madden 16) Have been shit all year. This patch have helped in game play . I noticed before the patch the kicking arrowed wouldn't work right in onside kicks and fg's , now it seems to be working like ti should I just wish we could kick bounce the ball in the game .. But we probably wont ever see it. People are saying Nano's are stil in h2h play so I dunno. I'm still trying to grind all the offline stuff for mut master. h2h will come last for me . gonna be a tough .

As far as mut stuff , promo been shit MF and TG been just been shitty . pack odds meh. Also cards are high priced this year its tough to buy 'em. they haven't even touched CFM in like years so meh. Luckily I"ll have MLB the show 17 next year. At least do work .

I'll be skipping 17 not buying it all next year.
      Wat?
      SmoothPancakes -
      Wat?
      steelerfan -