• Madden NFL 16 Title Update #2 Now Available

The second Madden NFL 16 title update is now available. Included are improvements and fixes to Madden NFL 16 gameplay, Connected Franchise, Madden Ultimate Team, and more.

Continue on to read the detailed list of fixes and improvements in this game update.

GAMEPLAY

• Addressed issue where if a team called a time out on the safety punt, they would then be able to kick a regular kickoff
    • Addressed issue where sometimes a defender would have a poor pursuit angle toward the ball carrier if the ball carrier was breaking a tackle during a catch
    • Addressed issue where sometimes defensive linemen would freeze for the remainder of the play after being knocked to the ground
    • Addressed issue where the defense would not adjust alignment if the CPU controlled offensive team enacted a concept audible
    • Updated Individual Coverage adjustments to not only affect the pre-snap shading but also the post play leverage technique
    • Addressed issue where adjusting the ZONE shading would have an effect on the defenders drop location instead of just the leverage technique
    • Addressed issue where cancelling a PA Fake would allow for a 1-step drop on certain plays
    • Addressed issue where the game clock would be restarted of a declined penalty after an incomplete pass
    • Addressed issue where safeties in Cover 4 Deep assignments were reacting to run too quickly

CONNECTED FRANCHISE

• Addressed issue where defensive holding slider would reset when exiting the screen
    • Addressed issue where accelerated clock would not work in H2H CFM games
    • Addressed issue where visual feedback settings were pulling from the user’s profile instead of league settings
    • Addressed issue where some settings would carry back to the FE after playing a CFM game
    • Addressed issue where the CPU would retain an empty roster spot when simming to the regular season when there is a player on Injured Reserve (note: changes aren’t reflected until after your current season is finished)
    • Addressed issue where the user could not sort player while in the Fantasy draft board
    • Removed Kick Return as a scoutable trait (note: changes won’t be reflected until after your current season is finished)

CFM Trade tuning

• Addressed issue in CFM H2H where uniforms would change back to default home/away even after changing them in the team select screen
    • Addressed a rare issue that caused some Franchise files to be corrupted, preventing players from accessing their CFM (note: this won’t repair already corrupted files, and only prevents future occurrences)

MADDEN ULTIMATE TEAM

• MUT Play a Friend quarter length boosted to four minutes from two minutes
    • In MUT H2H Seasons and Draft Champions H2H Draft, terminating the game during the load screen will give the quitter a loss and the opponent a win. In MUT, Contracts will still be removed.

OTHER

• Play Now games were using regular season overtime rules rather than playoff overtime rules (removed possibility for ties)
    • Addressed issue in online games where the defensive timer would run out during a pause causing the game to auto pick the defensive play
    • Addressed over 100 general bug and stability issues

This article was originally published in forum thread: Madden NFL 16 Title Update #2 Now Available started by cdj View original post
    Comments 21 Comments
      Rudy -
      I've been so busy the last two weeks I haven't played much. After this weekend I will have more time to check things out.
      jaymo76 -
      I suspect that will be it for CFM patches. That being said, it does not appear to have fixed the regression issues. It's too bad that the game too so many steps forward with gameplay but stood still or maybe even slightly regressed in CFM.
      jaymo76 -
      update: Rex tweeted that they are aware of the players not re-signing in CFM issue ad they will try to patch it in future. Well when will that be exactly? It is a huge game killer for me. I cannot re-sgin my top players... if I get to the offseason I will most likely lose them all.
      Rudy -
      How does EA not know and/or fix some of these issues? Despite the best gameplay in years I find myself annoyed with the game due to the franchise problems. To think I almost paid for faster shipping with Amazon. Game has been released for over a month and still some serious issues. Might as well hang a sign up and say don't buy me for two months until I patch out all the errors.

I really dislike how XP and RPG driven franchise has become and that's where a lot of errors are coming from. So much of that was due to merging of my player and franchise too. I didn't like the merge when they announced that 3 years ago and it's still hurting the game. No other sports game merges those modes. And many bugs are a result of it.
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      How does EA not know and/or fix some of these issues? Despite the best gameplay in years I find myself annoyed with the game due to the franchise problems. To think I almost paid for faster shipping with Amazon. Game has been released for over a month and still some serious issues. Might as well hang a sign up and say don't buy me for two months until I patch out all the errors.

I really dislike how XP and RPG driven franchise has become and that's where a lot of errors are coming from. So much of that was due to merging of my player and franchise too. I didn't like the merge when they announced that 3 years ago and it's still hurting the game. No other sports game merges those modes. And many bugs are a result of it.
      I've come to the conclusion that most/many of these issues have to be caught during QA testing and that either: (1) EA doesn't have the talent/man power to fix them and/or (2) they do not care b/c they have no competition and they know the game is going to sell no matter what condition they put it out in.
      bdoughty -
      Not to defend EA but that has been par for the course this whole gen for most developers and games. Buy a game on release day and expect a big day one patch that does not come close to fixing most of a games problems.
      steelerfan -
      SUCKS!!!
      Rudy -
      WAY too many things are blamed on QA. That's fine for minor bugs but major features not working properly are completely on the Dev team. Things like confidence, progression and Sim stats is 100% developer error. They need to personally check and verify those. I wish I could pass off my mistakes in coding on to QA. Child please. They are not responsible for major feature errors. They need to be far more diligent and sometimes that just involves actually playing the mode and checking things out! Madden clearly needs a beta testing stage.
      bdoughty -
      Child please.
      skipwondah33 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
      Not to defend EA but that has been par for the course this whole gen for most developers and games. Buy a game on release day and expect a big day one patch that does not come close to fixing most of a games problems.
      Pretty much, even the great NBA 2K had it's release day issues..but that seemingly slid under the rug I suppose.

Literally every game seems to come with a first day or soon after patch
      SmoothPancakes -
      NBA 2K slides under the rug on a lot of things. They basically get free passes for almost anything, even though in the past they have had some major issues. Or for instance, this year, the whole paying for wins thing online. Some people are rightly bashing it, but others are praising it like some genius idea. Imagine if EA did that with NBA Live. They would still be burning the internet with torches and pitchforks and crying about EA being the "worst company EVAH!"

Now, Madden does have a plethora of issues. I'm not even attempting to start a CFM until some this crap gets fixed. Hopefully they actually fix this stuff and do it before Christmas.
      gigemaggs99 -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      SUCKS!!!
      SUCKS!

I made the mistake of trading in Madden 15 for credit towards 16 (on both machines) did 15 have this many issues? I never played CFM that much, I did play a lot PLAY NOW with my kids and it seemed like a good game.

I might go back and be a part of the problem by, re-buying Madden 15.

My biggest complaint is, this new WR DB interaction it seems like a joke. I play vs my son, he's 7 he likes to throw the ball deep, it's a simple game for him, CHUNK IT DEEP, well on Madden 15 I could play Dime or Nickel or Quarter and just bat his passes down. He'd have to punt a lot or be forced to try something else and towards the end of us playing 15 he was running the ball a lot more and mixing up his play calls.

Now on Madden 16 he's gone back to chunking it deep. It's silly how I will bat the pass down on 1st, 2nd down I'll sack him and he'll be left with 3rd and 20, he chunks it deep only to have his WR make an Odell Beckham Jr one-handed catch to save him and he's back to 1st and 10. I throw my hands up, I can double team his WR, I can play cover 4, 6, anything! He'll make the 1 handed catch with 4 guys on him. The hard part is trying to teach him that it's not going to work, when in fact it does work 75% of the time. Since the last turner and patch we pretty much play shoot out games, there is 0 defense. It's the last person to score wins. I like being able to play defense, I miss that part of the game.

SUCKS!
      steelerfan -
      SUCKS!!!
      PAcMAnSTEw -
      Does anybody know if you have to reset your connected franchise for the patches to be applied.
      Rudy -
      You generally never have to restart. The only thing that won't change is your rookie draft class.
      skipwondah33 -
      Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
      SUCKS!

I made the mistake of trading in Madden 15 for credit towards 16 (on both machines) did 15 have this many issues? I never played CFM that much, I did play a lot PLAY NOW with my kids and it seemed like a good game.

I might go back and be a part of the problem by, re-buying Madden 15.

My biggest complaint is, this new WR DB interaction it seems like a joke. I play vs my son, he's 7 he likes to throw the ball deep, it's a simple game for him, CHUNK IT DEEP, well on Madden 15 I could play Dime or Nickel or Quarter and just bat his passes down. He'd have to punt a lot or be forced to try something else and towards the end of us playing 15 he was running the ball a lot more and mixing up his play calls.

Now on Madden 16 he's gone back to chunking it deep. It's silly how I will bat the pass down on 1st, 2nd down I'll sack him and he'll be left with 3rd and 20, he chunks it deep only to have his WR make an Odell Beckham Jr one-handed catch to save him and he's back to 1st and 10. I throw my hands up, I can double team his WR, I can play cover 4, 6, anything! He'll make the 1 handed catch with 4 guys on him. The hard part is trying to teach him that it's not going to work, when in fact it does work 75% of the time. Since the last turner and patch we pretty much play shoot out games, there is 0 defense. It's the last person to score wins. I like being able to play defense, I miss that part of the game.

SUCKS!
      I love when people try to throw up deep passes on me...especially when I am expecting it...good ole Swat button.

Defense is always my favorite to play every version, it's why I only post Defensive plays...don't care much for Offense. I spend alot of time every version detailing it and working on it.
      jaymo76 -
      So what happened to the penalties? Since the last update I have played two games and had a total of one holding call?
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      So what happened to the penalties? Since the last update I have played two games and had a total of one holding call?
      "Penalties are not fun."

jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      "Penalties are not fun."

Must be coinfidence related? All of my players are 99 in confidence...
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      Must be coinfidence related? All of my players are 99 in confidence...
      Hmm.

Yeah, that's a logical possibility.