• NBA 2K16 Presents: Livin’ Da Dream, A Spike Lee Joint

2K Sports has released the first full-length trailer for the Spike Lee Joint 'Livin' Da Dream' in NBA 2K16. In the basketball title's MyCareer mode, the Spike Lee written & directed feature will set the stage for the created player from high school through finally landing in the NBA.

The clip features the protagonist 'Frequency Vibrations' with (presumably) his agent and family, getting drafted, etc. while audio of an upset character play in the background, likely indicating the drama that will unfold within the storyline.

Continue on to see the 'Livin' Da Dream' trailer.

This article was originally published in forum thread: NBA 2K16 Presents: Livin’ Da Dream, A Spike Lee Joint started by cdj View original post
    Comments 3 Comments
      cdj -
      Still confused on this.

First rumors said you play as "Frequency Vibrations" (FV), then 2K comes out and says you do not - you will use your created player. Then one of the 2K streams says you will play as FV and this video shows your created player being referenced (even in voice-acting!) as FV. Then I read somewhere that no, you are your created player.

Are they just not being clear about this and that you use the visuals of your created player but have no say over the name? Am I dense (more than usual) or are they the ones confusing people since they can't seem to just state what is going on?
      souljahbill -
      Maybe your created character's nickname is Frequency Vibrations
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      Maybe your created character's nickname is Frequency Vibrations
      Maybe, that would make sense.

It could also be that the user is to pretend they are in a Spike Lee movie....but I don't get why 2K didn't get in front of this early and just be clear about it. To be fair, they might have explained it finally in this week's 2K stream - I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.