• NBA LIVE Companion App Now Available

The NBA LIVE Companion App is now available in the Google Play Store and App Store.

Faces scanned with the app will be imported into the demo (available September 15) and the full version of the game (available September 29) and will be used in LIVE Pro-Am and Rising Star modes. After you scan yourself, share the resulting pic with the community here at TGT.

Continue on to see videos from NBA LIVE community members with tips on how to use the app and GameFaceHD in action.

EA SPORTS

cdj

AzureEffect

FLIGHT

TicoisTocory

QJB

Kspadetheprospect

AntoDaBoss

Shakedown2012
    This article was originally published in forum thread: NBA LIVE Companion App Now Available started by cdj View original post
    Comments 21 Comments
      JBHuskers -
      Got mine to work pretty easily! Just don't turn your head too fast.

Rudy -
      Can't get the app since my tablet is only 4.2.
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Got mine to work pretty easily! Just don't turn your head too fast.

You wearing a rug, bro?
      JBHuskers -
      Yes. An EA generated one because my hair doesn't get scanned. Just my face
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Yes. An EA generated one because my hair doesn't get scanned. Just my face
      Looks good.
      JBHuskers -
      Updated the hair and beard.

cdj -
      That's scary close, JB.
      skipwondah33 -
      Been trying to get this to work. After getting face lined up...now says insufficient lighting. Not a damn place in my house has sufficient lighting haha

Going to try at work under 15 florescent bulb lights lol
      cdj -
      Natural light works too so maybe go out side and try it. (Just pretend you are taking a selfie.)
      skipwondah33 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      (Just pretend you are taking a selfie.)
      Ahh now I don't even want to try

cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
      Ahh now I don't even want to try
      I was kidding on the selfie part. Natural light with no shadows is best. However, it should work just fine indoors too - get a solid cast of light on your face with no shadows and avoid any light sources from behind you getting picked up by the camera.
      skipwondah33 -
      Going to try here soon this morning. Under alot of lights in office.
      skipwondah33 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      Natural light with no shadows is best.
      Nailed it

It was really easy once I went outside even with it being cloudy and rainy. Some of my scans were horrendous but I was holding the camera too high up on those. Not too bad but could be better just didn't feel like messing with it anymore. Face looks small and suctioned in.

JBHuskers -
      Yeah my first one was like that too with the face scruntched, I was able to adjust the phone and get it to look better.
      skipwondah33 -
      Yeah I'll try again. I had a mean look on my face too tho lol
      JBHuskers -
      I think I put the phone level to my nose and a little further away to get it to look right.
      cdj -
      Also, don't feel like your face shape has to fit exactly in the circle on the screen. Focus on getting your facial features in that circle - your face can (should?) be outside of it.

The scans/faces look much better in-game than via the app, so you might want to see how you look in-game before you scan again. It may end up being perfect as is.
      skipwondah33 -
      Thanks CDJ. Will try that

I was so focused on making it inside of the circle so naturally it was relatively close to my face

Going to try out the game when I get home!!
      cdj -
      If I am thinking correctly, you will want to have your phone even closer to your face so your features (eyes, nose, mouth) are more prominent in the circle. Your face can (should?) be on the outside of the circle.