• 16-hour Madden Livestream - 8/19

Leading up to the release of Madden NFL 16 for EA Access subscribers, EA SPORTS is hosting a 16-hour livestream with game developers to showcase Madden NFL 16, Madden Ultimate Team, and Madden Mobile.

Continue on to watch the livestream right here at TGT and discuss all things Madden in our game sub-forum.

This article was originally published in forum thread: 16-hour Madden Livestream - 8/19 started by cdj View original post
    Comments 88 Comments
      CLW -
      just started the stream - always "interesting" to see devs play (they usually BLOW and/or are cheesers)
      CLW -
      these guys have ZERO personaility (and the mics keep scratching) - so far just opening up MUT packs
      CLW -
      CFM 2-4 EST
      CLW -
      just watched the 1st MUT game:

the guys playing are not very good but the passing defense was awful - guys were wide open on every play

streaks were just money - every time a guy called all streaks it was a completed deep bomb

game appears to be tweaked slightly but more of the same from Madden this year (gameplay wise)
      CLW -
      Nice little additions in MUT - (1) from your items you can just click and see what each card is currently going for on the auction block (2) you can block quick sell all those crappy cards (up to 100)
      CLW -
      these little challenges for MUT are nice - just redid the last super bowl one
      CLW -
      draft champions is interesting
      CLW -
      just opening packs over and over and over - cannot believe people actually care about who someone gets in a random pack opening
      skipwondah33 -
      Haha yeah that is the feeling I got as well. That happened last Madden release too. People take this mode serious!

Wonder how much people spent that got MUT rewards?
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
      Haha yeah that is the feeling I got as well. That happened last Madden release too. People take this mode serious!

Wonder how much people spent that got MUT rewards?
      Yeah I just play it for the trophies but its OBVIOUS packs are NOT the way to go - better to build your team through the auction block for people who way underprice items.
      CLW -
      Another game allot of deep throws/aggressive catches - seems overpowered IMO and defense is going to be "problematic"
      jaymo76 -
      People are just ripping this game. Everyone is saying it looks identical to Madden 15. Clearly these people are casuals or don't follow closely or they would know CFM got no attention other than the draft and presentation was almost 100% untouched.

I appreciate the WR/DB interactions. They are awesome. The penalties are a nice touch too. However, the rest of the game is so dissapointing (CFM). Madden has a huge development team. What did they do???
      JBHuskers -
      Or they're 2K fanboys who can't get out of 2004.
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Or they're 2K fanboys who can't get out of 2004.
      That's EA's fault as much as anything - they bought the exclusive rights - thus people are going to critique this game to death because EA eliminated the consumer's ability to choose an alternative product.
      jaymo76 -
      I suspect Madden 16 will win a lot of awards and people will love the gameplay. Then within 2-3 weeks the backlash will come as all of the most likely unfixed CFM flaws become largely known and the repetitive nature of the game and lack of immersion is felt by gamers.

In my ea access I will sim a season and do a draft then check out the draft picks equipment, how they are announced, etc. I have heard nothing about changes AFTER the 1st season.
      jaymo76 -
      Comment on sliders.... "yes sliders work. You can turn them way up. Yes."
      souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      That's EA's fault as much as anything - they bought the exclusive rights - thus people are going to critique this game to death because EA eliminated the consumer's ability to choose an alternative product.
      The exclusive rights were up for sale. They would've been idiots to decline.
      CLW -
      maybe the devs just suck (and they def don't play sim) but the pass defense AI looks really bad
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      The exclusive rights were up for sale. They would've been idiots to decline.
      If you buy exclusivity - expect people to pick your game apart and demand perfection - its just the way it works - i'm sure EA is making more $ because of it - more importantly they can go with this small incremental approach with no fears of getting blown out - however this had led a significant % of the sports gaming public to hate the company/game for it bc they feel that if 2K was still in the picture they would have a better product
      jaymo76 -
      Unbelievable... they have a section on presentation and then cut it and skip the halftime show to advertise what is upcoming.... TRANSLATION... no changes have been made. That is horrible EA! People in the stream were waiting for that.