• NBA Live 16 Shows Off Visuals in Latest Blog

EA SPORTS has released a new blog detailing improvements to lighting and animations coming to NBA Live 16.

The blog recaps some of the known processes such as face-scanning, but adds that Live 16 has focused on improving player facial animations, lighting, and player texture, tones, and even sweat. The screenshots also provide a look at the LA Clippers new road uniform.

The company has increased early marketing and social media efforts for the title as compared to the past, regularly sharing new screenshots from the game.

The next major feature reveal for the title is expected to come in early August, coinciding with GameCom.

This article was originally published in forum thread: NBA Live 16 Shows Off Visuals in Latest Blog started by cdj View original post
    Comments 25 Comments
      JBHuskers -
      bdoughty -
      I am actually buying Live 16 this year to give it a shot. Tired of 2K basketball and want nothing to do with a Spike Lee production.
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
      I am actually buying Live 16 this year to give it a shot. Tired of 2K basketball and want nothing to do with a Spike Lee Joint.
      Fixed.
      cdj -
      First look at the Hawks' new uniform:

JBHuskers -
      I'm confused. Why was Kaepernick's tattoo such a big deal for Madden when they're on everyone in NBA Live?
      cdj -
      I think partly NFL, also partly concerns over licensing with the tattoos. In Madden, EA needs the tattoo artist to sign off that the work is theirs and can be used.

Some tattoos in Live have been edited. For example, Shaq's 'Man of Steel' Superman tattoo has been changed to 'Man of Metal.'

You're right, though - it doesn't make sense how one can be so liberal, the other so stingy/strict.
      cdj -
      cdj -
      The Hickory Pacers uniforms are in the game.

jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      I think partly NFL, also partly concerns over licensing with the tattoos. In Madden, EA needs the tattoo artist to sign off that the work is theirs and can be used.

Some tattoos in Live have been edited. For example, Shaq's 'Man of Steel' Superman tattoo has been changed to 'Man of Metal.'

You're right, though - it doesn't make sense how one can be so liberal, the other so stingy/strict.
      Rule #1 of the NFL AND VIDEOGAMES... "thall shalt have no power over creativity and fun."
      cdj -
      Rudy -
      I'm assuming we will get a demo for Live but no demo for Madden on ps4.
      cdj -
      cdj -
      cdj -
      cdj -
      Pretty cool way to do the 'Press Any Button' screen in NBA LIVE 16. Better than the standard, boring text methodology.

cdj -
      cdj -
      cdj -
      Rudy -
      That isn't a good pic of Kobe imo.
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      That isn't a good pic of Kobe imo.
      What if I told you that was based off a hand-made sculpt and not a facescan? Would that change your opinion at all?

I agree that it's not quite Kobe, but for how they had to do it I don't think it is bad IMO.