• Madden NFL 16 Adds 'Draft Champions'

During Monday's EA E3 press conference, Madden NFL Producer Seann Graddy (with the help of ESPN's Robert Flores) revealed a new feature coming to Madden NFL 16: Draft Champions.

Designed to be Madden NFL's answer to Fantasy Football, the mode allows users to quickly draft a team of players to improve their low-rated base roster that they can then compete with online or solo (offline). If they can win the necessary number of games (four online, three solo), they will be considered a Draft Champion. This brief length is designed to allow the entire mode to be completed in one sitting.

Early community feedback on the mode has centered on how Draft Champions will co-exist (if not compete) with Madden Ultimate Team. With some similarities, will users be able to placate their desire to play MUT with the (presumably) 'free' Draft Champions? Perhaps this mode is not meant to compete with MUT, but rather (as Graddy alludes to the opening) be a mode to entice Madden Mobile fans to make the move to console.

Continue on to see the Draft Champions reveal by Graddy and Flores at E3 2015.

This article was originally published in forum thread: Madden NFL 16 Feature Deep Dive: Draft Champions started by cdj View original post
    Comments 8 Comments
      CLW -
      So..... how much $ is this going to cost me to play?
      steelerfan -
      Yawn.
      jaymo76 -
      Never done a fantasy draft in madden... this year won't change that.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      So..... how much $ is this going to cost me to play?
      This. It sounds interesting, just because it'd be a change for the same old same old, but no doubt they will have found someway to work money into the equation.
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      This. It sounds interesting, just because it'd be a change for the same old same old, but no doubt they will have found someway to work money into the equation.
      That was along the lines of my thoughts on this mode. Doesn't this cut into MUT or do they view it as MUT-lite? Perhaps it is tough to get a really good team and they hope people will move over to MUT? Maybe they figure the draft process is something users will only do once or twice before getting tired of it and that this is more of a gateway drug to MUT?

I really don't know what to think of this mode based on a blog alone. (Twitch stream went down during this segment, so I missed anything there.)
      JeffHCross -
      This actually would appeal to me more than MUT, to be honest.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      This actually would appeal to me more than MUT, to be honest.
      Agreed. I have never cared about MUT or FUT or HUT or Diamond Dynasty or any of those modes. But this actually appeals to me because I love the draft portions of the various sports franchises, plus the draft was my favorite part of NFL Coach. So it appeals to me. Only question is what will it cost, as EA has never shied away from trying to get every nickel and dime they can.
      cdj -