• NHL 16 at E3: Trailer & Interviews

To help kick off E3 2015, NHL 16 has released a new game trailer. As part of the event, producers and developers also engaged in interviews with media outlets and other attendees.

In addition to the trailer and interviews, fans can find significant game info and details in the Ask NHL portal and this game features blog from GM Dean Richards.

Continue on to see the NHL 16 trailer from E3 2015 as well as more from E3.

This article was originally published in forum thread: NHL 16 E3 Trailer started by CLW View original post
    Comments 7 Comments
      steelerfan -
      Very cool video!

I just don't think NHL is for me this year. I'm going to have to be blown away by something over the next few weeks to consider it.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      Very cool video!

I just don't think NHL is for me this year. I'm going to have to be blown away by something over the next few weeks to consider it.
      Yeah especially after the mode we played 99% of the game on isn't there any more.
      Hank -
      Somewhat disappointed with the lack of media and information for NHL out of E3.
      FIFA, Madden, PES, etc all have nearly full games of gameplay to show off. Why not NHL?

The NHL series used to be 'must buy' for me from NHLPA hockey all the way till about NHL12. The last few years, I wait till it's on sale or don't buy at all.

This is a series that really should be an every-other-year release (which producer Rammer said they're leaning towards).
      Get the engine and the gameplay right, then release DLC and updates/patches throughout the year.

My biggest gripe with this game isn't lack of modes, it's the lack of proper player separation or and team identity.
      Every player plays the same as do the teams.

I've actually done experiments playing with a team for 10 games. The first 5 I give the bottom feeders 1st line minutes. The next 5, I go back to using the top guys appropriately.
      I've done that twice with NHL15 and in both cases (with Islanders and Flyers), the point totals are almost identical. My 4th line centre will be within 1 or 2 points of a Giroux or Tavares. In one case, Rinaldo outscored Voracek.

If a dangler like Patty Kane is on the ice, he should be noticed not just with skating, but with his deking and hands.
      Just like I should know immediately when Steve Downie is on the ice by the way he's throwing his body around and struggling to control passes or dekes.
      I should also want to have my top d-pairing on the ice against the other teams top line when the game is on the line. As it stands, it really doesn't matter who I have out there.

From my understanding, nearly all of EA's games have this issue; Fifa, Madden (QB's particularily) and NHL. I've even heard it's the same case with UFC.
      So it's almost like it's an EA mandate to keep everyone equal. The only explanation is that Fratboy Jim will have a temper tantrum if he can't be a superstar with everyone on the field or ice.
      steelerfan -
      FIFA has pretty good player rating separation.

I've wondered home much the PAs have a say in this. "Don't you dare make Cleveland Brown X a 35 OVR." Or "You want us to renew the PA's licensing??? Half of our players have filed a grievance against you because their ratings are embarrassingly low!"
      jaymo76 -
      The NHL series needs a kick in the pants like they got back in the 2k days. Then the NHL series had competition and invented the skill stick as a result. Innovation is sorely lacking in this series...
      cdj -
      The first post has been updated with two interview clips from E3.
      Hank -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      The NHL series needs a kick in the pants like they got back in the 2k days. Then the NHL series had competition and invented the skill stick as a result. Innovation is sorely lacking in this series...
      I agree, EA seems to mail it in if there's no competition.
      They're working their butts off to make Live competitive again and due to PES, their FIFA series has been forced to adapt.

I loved the Skill Stick when it was first introduced but now I don't like it so much.
      Don't get me wrong, it's the only way I like to play now, but what bothers me about it is that your players are only as good as your stick skills.
      I really, really suck at games so even if I'm controlling an all-star they still suck because I suck at the controls.

In previous games - especially the 2K series - I felt like a star when controlling a great player because all the actions were based heavily on attributes and player types.
      If I was controlling Forsberg, he could thread passes. If I was Brett Hull, I could snipe.

But in EA's series, unless you're very good with the skill stick, it's almost like your handcuffed with your weak lack of thumb dexterity.

And that's why this series needs to make a very WIDE destinction when it comes to things like stick handling, passing, agility, hitting and shot blocking.
      Watching a video on Youtube, John Scott can deke and stickhandle just as good as Crosby. That should never happen.
      When I take control of a Load like John Scott, it should feel like I'm trying to manipulate an 18-wheeler on ice. If I pass off to Crosby, it should feel like an Indy car with it's speed and precision.

Maybe one day 2K or someone else will come along and make a new hockey game and force EA to be more innovative.

My fear is that now that EA has this game built on the new consoles, all they'll do until the PS5/XB2 come out is add new features or build on current ones like HUT, EASHL, etc.
      Gameplay and AI tweaks will be minute upgrades from year to year.