• Vote For NCAA Football 14 to be Backwards Compatible on Xbox One

During E3 2015, Microsoft announced backwards compatibility would be coming to the Xbox One in a gradual process with more titles being added over time. To help gauge interest on which titles should receive priority, Microsoft has established a nomination/voting system. Many NCAA Football fans have indicated a desire to play the title on a next-gen console. This is the opportunity to do so.

Head over to this site and search then vote for 'NCAA Football 14.'

It is currently unknown if the franchise could be added due to its status in limbo due to lawsuits, but this opportunity should be taken to show EA, the NCAA, CLC, and universities that there is a strong demand for the product to return in some fashion.

Please spread the word to all of your NCAA Football playing friends!

Other college titles we recommend voting for include: NCAA Basketball 10 and College Hoops 2K8.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Vote For Backwards Compatible Games on XBOX One started by JBHuskers View original post
    Comments 98 Comments
      baseballplyrmvp -
      The game would still be a hit even with random rosters. They need to start planning a return for this game on xb1 and ps4. The amount of added depth and immersion would bring the game to levels never seen before.
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
      The amount of added depth and immersion would bring the game to levels never seen before.
      Don't be so sure. No sports franchise is worlds better on the current gen. It's the same recycled trash (or treasure, depending on the franchise) with better graphics.
      Rudy -
      It's true that Madden has major leadership changes every three years. Ben was always involved with NCAA. I also think the large size of the Madden team leads to too many roosters in the hen house. And the left hand doesn't always know what the right hand is doing leading to even more bugs possibly.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      I just beat the Aggies with Oregon 21-0 (late TD to rub it in). The demo felt nice. I like the control of the players/movement a bit more than Madden. I don't feel the game slides as much. The graphics aren't that bad either. I really like the clean and simple feel of the game. Madden has so many stinking buttons anymore with the LT/L2 modifier, DL moves and catch buttons and outside the catch buttons (which the cpu will do for you) the game doesn't suffer from not having those options at all. The presentation in some ways is better (college music, intro). I really like the defensive play calling better. The ability to change formations and find sub formations quickly is a lot better. Why Madden switched their play call box two years ago is beyond me. NCAA 14 is superior. The Madden team needs to go back and play some NCAA 14. The WR/DB interaction and contested balls is very nice in M16 though.
      Amen! There is a reason why I'm sitting at the beginning of my 14th season and am approaching 100 pages in my NCAA dynasty season, and yet other than my copy of Madden 16 that I won, I haven't really played Madden in the last three or four years. I somehow ended up with free digital copies of Madden 13 and Madden 25, but I haven't played them, nor had them installed on my Xbox One in years.
      jaymo76 -
      Apparently NCAA 14 had the 5th highest amount of votes this week. Snoop Dog (Lion?) is even pushing hard for the game. This one site (forgot the link) is adamant that Microsoft wants to approve the game but that the final decision rests with EA.
      jaymo76 -
      Also, I went to marketplace tonight and tried to see if I could theoretically buy the game. It looked for my account and spun and spun but never went further. Maybe with no 360 you cannot purchase?
      SmoothPancakes -
      Hmm. I sort of tried to test it this morning while I was at work. I have an alternate Microsoft login, not tied to any console. I was able to get to the purchase screen, but as I have no payment methods linked to that account, that was as far as I could go. I wasn't going to add my card onto a throwaway account that I don't have any security activated on.
      baseballplyrmvp -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      Don't be so sure. No sports franchise is worlds better on the current gen. It's the same recycled trash (or treasure, depending on the franchise) with better graphics.
      NCAA 14 was really close to being a great game. They just need to add a few little things more onto the existing features to really hit a home run. Our wish list tournament offered them a good idea as to what we'd like. Maybe if it's confirmed to make a comeback for NCAA 17 or whatever, we could redo the tournament and then for our top 4 features, we try to come up with exactly how we want those features.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
      NCAA 14 was really close to being a great game. They just need to add a few little things more onto the existing features to really hit a home run. Our wish list tournament offered them a good idea as to what we'd like. Maybe if it's confirmed to make a comeback for NCAA 17 or whatever, we could redo the tournament and then for our top 4 features, we try to come up with exactly how we want those features.
      Hell, use 14 as a base. Try and replicate the same gameplay and exact same features in one of the new next-gen game engines. Then try and add some of the top highly requested features on top of that.

And honestly, I'd wait. If they ever make NCAA again, don't rush to get it out. Take two years, hell three years if needed, and get it back to where it was and improve it from there. Don't try this ship a half assed game and spend the next decade building from the ground up BS.
      steelerfan -
      I'm all for the return of NCAA. I just would be careful about how great I would expect it to be. There's no evidence that sports games are making any great strides on the new consoles.
      SmoothPancakes -
      The wait continues. No NCAA on the initial list of 104 BC games for Xbox One.
      GatorfanStovy -
      The first intitial games on this list is crap except a very few IMO. I"ll replay/finish south park stick of truth . maybe try cod bo1 I dunno. Don't care for other games on this list. Was disappointed in the list really? Every halo game , come on ?
      SmoothPancakes -
      Umm, are you looking at the right list? Halo Reach and Halo Wars (not available until December) doesn't come close to qualifying as "every Halo game".
      bdoughty -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      Umm, are you looking at the right list? Halo Reach and Halo Wars (not available until December) doesn't come close to qualifying as "every Halo game".
      He just missed it by a few.

Halo 3
      Halo 3: ODST
      Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
      Halo 4

Ton's of people still own the discs. Not everyone wants to pay for The Master Chief Collection. Although I am sure MS would prefer it.
      JBHuskers -
      It didn't prompt me to update. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
      JBHuskers -
      Never mind. Figured it out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
      GatorfanStovy -
      Not a big halo fan. Rather seem some cod but everyone all over the halo nuts. Gears will be fun tho.
      SmoothPancakes -
      I'm still trying to figure out how two Halo games (out of, what, 7 or 8?), that won't even be backwards compatible until next month, qualifies as being "all over the Halo nuts".