• Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Adds the Night Club Challenge

Coming to Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR is a new feature taking advantage of the game's fantasy elements, the Night Club Challenge.

Set at night, the mode features hundreds of challenges that will test the user's skill while also unlocking fantasy golfers, courses, and rare apparel. The mode appears to borrow some basic elements from the Tiger Challenge in previous versions of the franchise, but have been amplified with adding arcade and fun elements.

Players will earn points for everything they do and will need to rack up a big score in order to achieve the maximum three stars for each particular challenge. One star is necessary to advance past the challenge to the next. Three courses host the Night Club Challenge: Wolf Creek, Paracel Storm, and Coyote Falls. Boosts can also be unlocked to help complete the challenges.

Continue on to see the official trailer for the Night Club Challenge.

This article was originally published in forum thread: EA SPORTS Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR: Night Club Challenge started by cdj View original post
    Comments 12 Comments
      steelerfan -
      Did someone say night club?

gigemaggs99 -
      This may not be real sim golf but this looks fun as hell. I'll play this mode!

I really liked on one of the older versions of TW you could play as a young Tiger playing in the back yard chipping out of the sand box and all sorts of neat challenges.
      JBHuskers -
      I got the okay to talk about this.

While some may shoot it down as unnecessary, it is actually a fun and challenging mode with a lot of challenges to completely finish it.

The neon outline of each part of the course is a nice touch too.
      skipwondah33 -
      I mean it's an extra mode for fun.

Then again it will likely get slammed lol.

I don't anticipate playing unless one of those board nights messing around but the theme looks cool
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
      I mean it's an extra mode for fun.

Then again it will likely get slammed lol.
      That's exactly right!

I liked the Tiger Challenge in previous versions and this seems like a fleshed out version of that. Like skip said though, this mode will be the scapegoat for anything missing. "They didn't add X, so they could add in the Night Club Challenge! Boo!"
      bdoughty -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      That's exactly right!

I liked the Tiger Challenge in previous versions and this seems like a fleshed out version of that. Like skip said though, this mode will be the scapegoat for anything missing. "They didn't add X, so they could add in the Night Club Challenge! Boo!"
      While I have played all the Tiger Challenges, just as I plan to play this mode, one could reasonably argue that more time should have been set aside to get more courses in the game. My main mode is and always will be the Tour Mode. Playing it with 9 courses will be a touch repetitive. One also has to hope that any DLC courses created will be useable in the tour mode. Seems like a no-brainer but I am pretty sure some of the early last gen TW games did not allow it.
      SmoothPancakes -
      And as others have said, I'm sure EA having people working on the Night Club Challenge did not have any effect on how many courses they could add to the game this year. They do have more than one or two people working on the game. They can work on both at the same time without it affecting the other.
      skipwondah33 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
      While I have played all the Tiger Challenges, just as I plan to play this mode, one could reasonably argue that more time should have been set aside to get more courses in the game. My main mode is and always will be the Tour Mode. Playing it with 9 courses will be a touch repetitive. One also has to hope that any DLC courses created will be useable in the tour mode. Seems like a no-brainer but I am pretty sure some of the early last gen TW games did not allow it.
      If I am not mistaken you could sub in/out courses that you did not own in DLC last 2 versions of TW, Maybe more than that.

So I'd expect that to be the case again
      bdoughty -
      Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
      If I am not mistaken you could sub in/out courses that you did not own in DLC last 2 versions of TW, Maybe more than that.

So I'd expect that to be the case again
      If this was not their first next gen game, then I would be more confident. Pretty sure many NHL fans were confident that numerous things would be available in NHL 15. Things that had been in the series for many years.
      gigemaggs99 -
      Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
      If this was not their first next gen game, then I would be more confident. Pretty sure many NHL fans were confident that numerous things would be available in NHL 15. Things that had been in the series for many years.
      Your positive chi leads me to this line of thinking....

JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      And as others have said, I'm sure EA having people working on the Night Club Challenge did not have any effect on how many courses they could add to the game this year. They do have more than one or two people working on the game. They can work on both at the same time without it affecting the other.
      Exactly. Just like Mascot Mode didn't take away from doing things with Dynasty.

From what I played with this, it's not going to be a quick play through. There are a ton of challenges and some are really tricky, but fun.
      SCClassof93 -
      Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
      Your positive chi leads me to this line of thinking....