PDA

View Full Version : Do we have any IT admin's here?

Coachdenz
09-27-2010, 10:42 AM
do we have any IT admin's here? I'm the "acting IT admin" and Im lost

skipwondah33
09-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Just now seeing this man, I assume by now your not lost anymore

JeffHCross
09-27-2010, 08:16 PM
Either that, or the server room burnt down.

steelerfan
09-27-2010, 09:04 PM

:D:D:D

Coachdenz
09-29-2010, 09:11 PM

very close, old Admin just got pissed off and walked out ( and the guy had it made) and would not tell anyone (in our department) the server passwords and what not, damn life at work has sucked the last few weeks.

but yeah Skip I'm still lost, that's the main reason I stopped playing in our golf league. if anyone has in knowledge of

Lotus notes domino administrator (or some training group)
Kaspersky
DansGuardian (guess I can go to that website and contact them)
Stormberg

I know the old admin is sitting at home laughing his ass off for the last 3 weeks, but I will be damn if I let this stuff slow down my company's users.

JeffHCross
09-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Kaspersky is just antivirus ... shouldn't be much more complex than any other AV software.

Lotus Notes ... ew. Just ew.

Coachdenz
09-29-2010, 09:55 PM
Lotus Notes ... ew. Just ew.

Bingo! I keep telling my boss we need to get a consultant group in here to maybe help train or something.

JeffHCross
09-29-2010, 09:58 PM
Here's IBM's training page for Lotus. I'd start there. Looks like there's some free info. http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/lotus/training/

UGA14
09-29-2010, 10:48 PM
Welcome. Fun times you've got there. I'm a Systems Engineer for the school system. The fact that the guy rolled out like that is INCREDIBLY shitty.

skipwondah33
09-30-2010, 11:28 AM
very close, old Admin just got pissed off and walked out ( and the guy had it made) and would not tell anyone (in our department) the server passwords and what not, damn life at work has sucked the last few weeks.

but yeah Skip I'm still lost, that's the main reason I stopped playing in our golf league. if anyone has in knowledge of

Lotus notes domino administrator (or some training group)
Kaspersky
DansGuardian (guess I can go to that website and contact them)
Stormberg

I know the old admin is sitting at home laughing his ass off for the last 3 weeks, but I will be damn if I let this stuff slow down my company's users.

That sucks, I only find it funny because there are a few times I get the urge to do the same but after taking a quick breather in the server room, I decide not to :D

Anyway I'm guessing he didn't have paperwork around or any type of documentation for programs/passwords etc? I'm certain you can call tech support and get all the information you need for all of the software/hardware you have.

Can you access any of your servers? Just not the passwords correct? You may need to invest in a password recovery program.

Kaspersky I would think wouldn't be all that difficult, I'm sure there is an active policy already in place for your company so you won't need to change/configure anything. So that will give you time to play around with it to gain more knowledge about it. Are you trying to specifically do something?

I dont have any knowledge on Lotus Notes.

DansGuardian, you should be able to contact them and provide them any information they need to atleast help you reset the password. This is another program I'm not familiar with.

Technically couldn't your company press charges on this guy for purposely not providing them with vital information about the company network?

Coachdenz
09-30-2010, 04:54 PM
Technically couldn't your company press charges on this guy for purposely not providing them with vital information about the company network?

***Edit***

update for today, I have access to almost everything now, my main problem today is the email filter, and I believe it's running on fedora linux...but other than that, it's been a better day.

thanks all for help

steelerfan
09-30-2010, 05:44 PM
...if you know what I mean.

I get it. I live in Texas. :nod: