PDA

View Full Version : Week 14, 2011

Oneback
09-26-2010, 08:09 PM
=============== #13 Oklahoma Sooners (9-2) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma won 52-38 against Texas A&M (5-6).
This week, the Sooners will host Oklahoma State (4-7).
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) RT Shannon Parks has committed to Maryland
- (***) RT Marcus Romero has committed to BYU
- (***) FS Travis Johnson has committed to Connecticut
- (*) FB Robert Williams has committed to Rutgers
- (***) CB Freddie Ingram has committed to Oklahoma
- (*) FB Josh McCarthy has committed to Georgia Tech
- (****) WR J.J. McLaughlin has committed to TCU
- (*****) WR Erik Richardson has committed to Oklahoma

=============== #19 Clemson Tigers (9-3) ===============
Last week, Clemson won 20-10 against South Carolina (6-4).
This week, the Tigers are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) CB Trent Cruz has committed to Clemson

=============== #6 Florida State Seminoles (11-1) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 56-0 against Florida (7-4).
This week, the Seminoles are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) FS Thomas Hawthorne has committed to Florida State

=============== #2 Miami Hurricanes (12-0) ===============
Last week, Miami won 42-3 against Virginia (3-8).
This week, the Hurricanes are idle.

=============== #14 Michigan Wolverines (10-2) ===============
Last week, Michigan lost 35-21 against Ohio State (10-2).
This week, the Wolverines are idle.

=============== #9 Ohio State Buckeyes (10-2) ===============
Last week, Ohio State won 35-21 against Michigan (10-2).
This week, the Buckeyes are idle.

=============== #1 Penn State Nittany Lions (12-0) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 65-7 against Michigan State (8-4).
This week, the Nittany Lions are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:

=============== Texas Tech Red Raiders (4-7) ===============
Last week, Texas Tech lost 47-31 against Notre Dame (3-7).
This week, the Red Raiders travel to Berkeley to face the Cal Golden Bears (4-6).
In recruiting news, the following Texas Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) SS Adam Dawson has committed to Oklahoma State
- (**) RG David Cooper has committed to Texas Tech

=============== #11 USC Trojans (8-3) ===============
Last week, USC won 42-0 against Oregon (4-7).
This week, the Trojans travel to Pasadena to face the UCLA Bruins (6-5).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) RG Jeremy Reid has committed to USC
- (***) CB Kyle Oliver has committed to USC

=============== #16 Virginia Tech Hokies (9-3) ===============
Last week the Hokies were idle.
This week, the Hokies are idle.

=============== #7 Texas Longhorns (10-1) ===============
Last week, Texas won 65-6 against UCLA (6-5).
This week, the Longhorns travel to College Station to face the Texas A&M Aggies (5-6).

=============== #5 Wisconsin Badgers (11-1) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin won 58-19 against Illinois (7-5).
This week, the Badgers are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) CB Chris Howard has committed to Wisconsin
- (****) LG Jerome Chandler has committed to Florida

JeffHCross
09-26-2010, 08:20 PM
Top 10!!!!! w00t!

I am Ready to Advance, lol.

Oneback
09-26-2010, 08:29 PM
Yeah, it upsets me that I have lost to the #5 and #9 team and am ranked below the #11 team which I beat and which has one more loss than me.

Ready to advance as well.

Oneback
09-26-2010, 08:30 PM
We are only waiting on Texas, USC and Oklahoma to play their games. I believe Papa was logging in to play right now.

Papa LoneStar
09-26-2010, 09:08 PM
The Longhorns slap the Aggies around 62-0 at Kyle Field in College Station.
Texas offense: 54 carries for 380 yards and 8 rushing TDs
RB Chris Whaley, Jr: 29 car 198 yards 6 TDs (ties Barry Sanders 23 year old NCAA record for 37 TDs in the regular season; strains back....out for 3 weeks)
RB Fozzy Whittaker, Sr: 10 car 113 yards
Longhorn defense: 78 offensive yards allowed, 3 forced turnovers, forced 7 punts
OLB Keenan Robinson, Sr: 5 solo tackles (2 TFL), 1 sack
Next up: BCS Bowl Game....TBA

JeffHCross
09-26-2010, 09:11 PM
Yeah, it upsets me that I have lost to the #5 and #9 team and am ranked below the #11 team which I beat and which has one more loss than me.On the other hand, though, that's pretty par for the course for the real polls. Late losses kill you, and wins over people below you don't matter worth beans. So at least EA's simulation is semi-accurate.

Iron Dragon
09-26-2010, 09:19 PM
I won't be getting my game in until tomorrow afternoon. Should be done before 5 Eastern though, I'd hope.

gschwendt
09-26-2010, 09:23 PM
Fucking kidding me!!! Clay was leading the Heisman race last week, then after a 13 carry, 99 yard, 1 touchdown performance he drops off completely! It's not likely he's technically "out for the season", it's 10 weeks or whatever it is. Regardless though, he deserved that award whether he was injured or not... that is utter horseshit.

psuexv
09-26-2010, 09:25 PM
I'll get my game in know so we can advance when OB gets home tomorrow.

Oneback
09-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Fucking kidding me!!! Clay was leading the Heisman race last week, then after a 13 carry, 99 yard, 1 touchdown performance he drops off completely! It's not likely he's technically "out for the season", it's 10 weeks or whatever it is. Regardless though, he deserved that award whether he was injured or not... that is utter horseshit.

I agree with this. You break the rushing record which even in a video game is tough to break and was challenging for the TD record then get shafted. It will be interesting to see what happens to Whaley now that he is hurt as well.

Papa LoneStar
09-26-2010, 09:32 PM

I definitely agree....when I checked to see if Whaley had made the top 5....I was shocked when I didn't see Clay on there....especially when he's still the clear #1 for the Maxwell, Walter Camp, and Doak Walker awards. Hopefully Whaley's 1777 rushing yards and 37 TDs is enough for the Heisman....I'm rooting for a 4 INTs by Josh Harris....but I'm still rooting for the U to win the ACC title so we can have a user vs user national championship.

JeffHCross
09-26-2010, 09:41 PM
I've seen other injured players stay on the Heisman race ... that's extremely weird.

Oneback
09-26-2010, 09:56 PM
I've seen other injured players stay on the Heisman race ... that's extremely weird.

It's the curse of the Barry Sanders TD record...Clay and Whaley get hurt and Clay gets dropped from the Heisman.

psuexv
09-26-2010, 10:51 PM
USC throttles UCLA to claim the Pac 10 title and Rose Bowl berth 63-6. USC cruised early and took a 28-6 half time lead. After that the backups got some PT and didn't disappoint. Starting RB Tyler ran for 119 and 2 TDs and backups Morgan and Baxter ran for 156, 3 TDs and 127, 2 TDs respectively.

The D also stepped up again giving up 211 yards of total offense with 4 yards coming on the ground. They also forced 4 turnovers all picks.

Heck of a season for the Trojans who had a rough start losing to Penn State and Michigan early in the year.

texacotea
09-27-2010, 07:16 AM
I'm rooting for a 4 INTs by Josh Harris....but I'm still rooting for the U to win the ACC title so we can have a user vs user national championship.

Who is Josh Harris? and Thanks for the backing Papa. Going to need it, it will be tough to beat FSU twice in one year.

Miami is ready to advance

psuexv
09-27-2010, 08:48 AM
USC defense leads team through tough stretch to Pac 10 title. In the last 4 games of the year, 2 of which was against top 10 teams the defense stepped up and lead the way with 19 turnovers in those 4 games. 8 fumble recoveries and 11 interceptions.

psuexv
09-27-2010, 09:48 AM
It looks like nobody has any games in Week 15, so just recruiting. The ACC title game getting played tonight?

texacotea
09-27-2010, 10:43 AM
It looks like nobody has any games in Week 15, so just recruiting. The ACC title game getting played tonight?

Im free tonight, could possibly do it. Whats it look like for you FSU?

psuexv
09-27-2010, 12:45 PM
So what's the line on the Championship game? Word out of Vegas is since Miami pulled off the first it's Miami -3 with the over/under set at 57.

fsuprime
09-27-2010, 12:59 PM
i can play any time tonight

psusnoop
09-27-2010, 01:35 PM
I owe Tex a little something after getting slammed in the SBCOL game, so I too am pulling for Miami.

Canes by 4, and I'll take the over.

Papa LoneStar
09-27-2010, 02:06 PM
Who is Josh Harris? and Thanks for the backing Papa. Going to need it, it will be tough to beat FSU twice in one year.

Miami is ready to advance

Haha....my fault....there was a running back from Duncanville HS a few years ago that signed with Wake Forest to play football ('bout to google him now to see what he's doing and if he's still there)....got 'em confused.

fsuprime
09-27-2010, 02:14 PM
he is still there, played vs FSU, according to the announces on the tape delay i watched last night he is thought of as their best running back, but needs more experience in their offensive system.

texacotea
09-27-2010, 02:38 PM
I owe Tex a little something after getting slammed in the SBCOL game, so I too am pulling for Miami.

Canes by 4, and I'll take the over.

LOL...dotn know if I like everyone taking me. kinda putting a jinx on me

psuexv
09-27-2010, 02:40 PM
LOL...dotn know if I like everyone taking me. kinda putting a jinx on me

I just posted the line... haven't placed my wager yet. :)

psusnoop
09-27-2010, 02:53 PM
I hear Prime has his whole inside of his gamer room posted with these comments.

texacotea
09-27-2010, 03:01 PM
:(

Iron Dragon
09-27-2010, 03:33 PM
Despite terrible passing and crazy tipped passes, #13 Oklahoma survives Cowboys on Senior Day, 45-35

We were 15-for-45 passing through three QBs. Landry Jones was a god-awful 6 for 26 passing with 99 yards and 2 INTs. Blake Bell threw a TD pass to Ryan Broyles and Drew Allen found Dejuan Miller for one.

Jermie Calhoun was the star of the game with 25 carries for 187 yards and 3 TDs. Senior Brandon Crow had a TD run. Oklahoma improves to a 10-2 record on the year.