PDA

View Full Version : Wallet Busting Month - October 2010

JBHuskers
09-23-2010, 02:46 PM
Next month is going to hurt the wallet because there are a TON of great games coming:

(in order of release)

John Daly Pro Stroke Golf (heard it uses the Move technology really well) - 10/5
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - 10/5
NBA 2K11 - 10/5
Def Jam Rapstar - 10/5
NBA Elite 11 - 10/5
Borderlands GOTY Edition - 10/12
Medal of Honor - 10/12
Fallout: New Vegas - 10/19
EA Sports MMA - 10/19
DJ Hero 2 - 10/19
Saw 2 - 10/19
The Sims 3 - 10/26
Rock Band 3 - 10/26
Raw v. Smackdown 2011 - 10/26
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 - 10/26
Fable 3 - 10/26

Then don't forget at the beginning of November with Kinect, COD: Black Ops, and Gran Turismo 5.

gschwendt
09-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Fallout New Vegas is definitely on my list... aside from that, maybe NBA Elite 11 but only for NBA Jam.

JBHuskers
09-23-2010, 03:03 PM
For me, day one purchases will be EA MMA, NBA Elite 11, Fallout: New Vegas, Sims 3, and Smackdown vs. Raw (I think VGReleases.com put it in wrong LOL). Down the road purchases will be Rock Band 3, Castlevania, Def Jam Rapstar, DJ Hero 2, Fable 3...the last two being after I get through the last of those games. Star Wars also way down the road, probably when it's $10 or $15 like it was when I got the first one.

CLW
09-23-2010, 03:38 PM
Several GameFly worthy titles for me but nothing I'm going to spend $60 on without trying it out first. I think GameFly has really replaced my want/need to buy allot of these titles. Rent them; play them for a few months; mail back; rinse/repeat.

I OU a Beatn
09-23-2010, 03:47 PM
NBA 2K11 - 10/5
Borderlands GOTY Edition - 10/12
Medal of Honor - 10/12
Fallout: New Vegas - 10/19
Fable 3 - 10/26.

Those are the ones I'll be getting on release day. I'm also pretty sure Dragon Age: Game of the Year Edition comes out sometime in October as well. Dead Rising 2 also comes out on Tuesday which is a definite buy.

JBHuskers
09-23-2010, 04:02 PM
Those are the ones I'll be getting on release day. I'm also pretty sure Dragon Age: Game of the Year Edition comes out sometime in October as well. Dead Rising 2 also comes out on Tuesday which is a definite buy.

Yeah I'm definitely interested in Dead Rising 2...didn't play the first one though.

I OU a Beatn
09-23-2010, 04:28 PM
First on was terrible, but Case Zero has really turned me on towards DR2. It's so much better down than the first one.

JBHuskers
09-23-2010, 06:44 PM
First on was terrible, but Case Zero has really turned me on towards DR2. It's so much better down than the first one.

IGN gave it an 8.0 has a few flaws but overall very enjoyable.

JeffHCross
09-23-2010, 10:29 PM
Next month is going to hurt the wallet because there are a TON of great games coming:There are only 3 games on that list that I will even consider ... and only one of which I'm thinking I'm likely to buy.

UGA14
09-24-2010, 01:19 PM
Yeah I'm only going to get Medal of Honor. Then GT5 in November and possibly COD.

NatureBoy
09-26-2010, 08:37 PM
Man, you are so right JB. I don't have the time or $ to get everything I want so i'm trying to decide what games I want. I know getting NBA 2K11. After that, it's a tossup.

I really wanted NBA Elite 11 to get NBA Jam but since I played the demo, that game is off my list. I guess it's between SvR 11 and EA MMA.

;) Enjoy being single JB. I remember I used to have the time and $ for all the games on your list. Getting married and having a baby changed all that and then some.

JeffHCross
09-26-2010, 09:16 PM
Hell, I couldn't possibly be more single and I don't have time for anything on this list, unless I gave up NCAA.

oweb26
10-13-2010, 10:47 PM
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is just an awesome button masher (as I like to call them) really huge as well game is two disc with 12 chapters avering three sections in each chapter. Chapter two has something like 10 sections.

The Star Wars Demo has me salivating a little bit I loved the first one, and this one is actually better from what I can tell. Seemingly you can still spam your force lighting but its the demo so maybe it gets harder later.

I am also going to get the Arcania Gothic 4, game has some pretty shitty graphics, but I want an RPG just not the commitment fallout requires of you and I like the medieval time period on my RPG's for some reason. The button Layout is pretty shittacular also, hopefully it can be changed in the final game.

So for this month alone I have purchased Medal of Honor, DeadRising 2 and all of the ones mentioned beforehand. Glad I have pretty much convinced myself to not get COD this year.

JeffHCross
10-14-2010, 10:58 PM
I still do not understand, and this confuses me year in and out, why THQ doesn't release an SvR demo. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

oweb26
10-15-2010, 12:42 PM
They want to loyal people to go out and buy it just in case it sucks anyway. lol

psuexv
10-15-2010, 02:42 PM
The Star Wars Demo has me salivating a little bit I loved the first one, and this one is actually better from what I can tell. Seemingly you can still spam your force lighting but its the demo so maybe it gets harder later.

Definitely will be purchasing this one. From the trailers it looks much better than the 1st and the 1st one was really good.

JeffHCross
10-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Definitely will be purchasing this one. From the trailers it looks much better than the 1st and the 1st one was really good.The first one was really disappointing, you mean. ;)

I wanted to enjoy it, but ugh.

oweb26
10-15-2010, 08:43 PM
I actually like the first one, I didnt buy the DLC for it though, 800 points for all the DLC, which equaled about an extra 40/50 dollars, I just couldn't do it.

JeffHCross
10-15-2010, 10:19 PM
I talked with my co-worker about it, and I think we determined that I didn't enjoy it because I'm a huge Star Wars fan. If I'd just been playing it for the enjoyment of the gameplay (i.e. how I played InFamous), I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more.

psuexv
10-18-2010, 08:31 AM
I talked with my co-worker about it, and I think we determined that I didn't enjoy it because I'm a huge Star Wars fan. If I'd just been playing it for the enjoyment of the gameplay (i.e. how I played InFamous), I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more.

See I'd have to disagree. The gameplay was decent but the story line was what really got me into it. I hate when they try to make games or books that are off target on the true storyline of movies. Now having said that, I'm a little worried about the storyline for the 2nd one. I just don't know what they are going to do. Of course Yoda is in it so it's got to be good.....

JBHuskers
10-21-2010, 12:35 PM
I never got through the first one, but loved playing it. There are quite a few games I need to pick back up. Unfortunately with both InFamous and SWTFU I have to start over with having to get a new PS3.

oweb26
10-21-2010, 01:45 PM
didnt you just sell your broke one and went and bought a new one?

JBHuskers
10-21-2010, 02:31 PM
didnt you just sell your broke one and went and bought a new one?

Yeah but since I had the YLOD on the old system, I couldn't get my saved files, so now I have to start over on games I started with the old system. The new system automatically formats the HD when you put it in.

JeffHCross
10-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Still the most confusing decision Sony made with the PS3.

I OU a Beatn
10-21-2010, 11:41 PM
Yeah, they need some kind of cloud storage or something. I've lost all my data 3 times now. Thanks, Sony!

JBHuskers
10-22-2010, 11:04 AM
I just bought Def Jam Rapstar :D

JeffHCross
10-22-2010, 06:48 PM
Yeah, they need some kind of cloud storage or something. I've lost all my data 3 times now. Thanks, Sony!Eh, I wouldn't go that far. Cloud storage is pretty pointless for them to offer ... and particularly would have been when the PS3 first went on sale, since "cloud computing" wasn't even a buzzword then.

But I still cannot come up with a legitimate reason for not allowing people to take one hard drive and plug it into another PS3. I can see not allowing it to be used that way with an external connection ... but a hard drive swap isn't a DRM concern, as far as I can think of.