PDA

View Full Version : Game of the Week Preview: Alabama vs. Arkansas

cdj
09-23-2010, 02:08 PM
You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?275-Game-of-the-Week-Preview-Alabama-vs.-Arkansas

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/images/NCAA11/Arkansas.jpg

The latest Game of the Week Preview highligts the defending National Champion Alabama Crimson Tide traveling to Fayetteville, AR to face the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The Razorbacks relied on the hot hand of QB Ryan Mallett in a big road win at Georgia last week, while Alabama welcomed back Heisman Trophy winner RB Mark Ingram as they routed Duke. An Arkansas win may vault Mallett towards the top of the Heisman Trophy list and put the Razorbacks as the SEC front-runner. Should Alabama win this hostile road game, they may strengthen their already strong hold on the #1 spot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHhp9_PkX-E

Click 'Show' for full game result and recap.
Alabama 38, Arkansas 30

Player of the Game:
CB Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama – 5 total tackles, 5 solo, 1 TFL, 1 sack, 1 INT, 3 pass deflections, 1 TD

Leaders:

Passing
QB Greg McElroy, Alabama – 16 of 25, 171 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
QB Ryan Mallett, Arkansas – 20 of 38, 310 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT

Rushing
HB Trent Richardson, Alabama – 14 carries, 99 yards, 1 TD
HB Ronnie Wingo, Jr., Arkansas – 20 carries, 131 yards, 1 TD

Receiving
WR Julius Jones, Alabama – 3 receptions, 39 yards
WR Jarius Wright, Arkansas – 4 receptions, 69 yards, 1 TD

Scoring Summary

1st Quarter
5:13 TD Ark: D. Williams, 4 yard pass from R. Mallett (Z. Hocker kick)
1:13 TD Ark: J. Wright, 15 yard pass from R. Mallett (Z. Hocker)

2nd Quarter
3:59 TD Bama: M. Maze, 14 yard pass from G. McElroy (J. Shelley kick)

3rd Quarter
3:32 TD Bama: G. McElroy, 4 yard run (J. Shelley kick)
2:12 TD Bama: D. Kirkpatrick, returned interception 42 yards (J. Shelley kick)

4th Quarter
5:26 FG Ark: Z. Hocker, 53 yard FG
3:16 TD Bama: D. Menzie, returned interception 63 yards (J. Shelley kick)
1:38 TD Ark: J. Adams, 1 yard pass from R. Mallett (Z. Hocker kick)
1:28 TD Bama: T. Richardson, 35 yard run (J. Shelley kick)
1:13 TD Ark: R. Wingo Jr, 79 yard run (Z. Hocker kick)
0:54 FG Bama: J. Shelley, 45 yard FG

cdj
09-23-2010, 02:08 PM
Poll added.

Who will prevail:

- Alabama
- Arkansas

JBHuskers
09-23-2010, 02:25 PM
If Bama would have struggled with an improved Duke team, I would have gone Arkansas, but with the ass whooping they handed out, gotta go with the Tide.

CLW
09-23-2010, 03:34 PM
If Bama would have struggled with an improved Duke team, I would have gone Arkansas, but with the ass whooping they handed out, gotta go with the Tide.

:(

:nod:

morsdraconis
09-23-2010, 06:09 PM
I don't think Arkansas keeps it close at all.

SmoothPancakes
09-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Agreed with everyone. The margin of victory is going to be bigger than 8 points. Alabama is just scary good. And even with Mallet under center, I don't see Arkansas keeping up with them.

JeffHCross
09-24-2010, 08:42 PM
cdj, it's interesting seeing these vids. Back in 2003, I tried to press for the Ohio State student TV station to make a deal with EA Sports to use the NCAA series to simulate the upcoming weekend's Ohio State game. So it's cool seeing a similar concept on TGT.

cdj
09-25-2010, 03:02 PM
I've noticed several games this year using NCAA 11 to showcase players. Interestingly enough, the Vandy-Ole Miss game from last week showed Masoli in the game highlights so someone created him for that highlight package since he didn't join Ole Miss until after the game went gold.

JeffHCross
09-25-2010, 03:27 PM
ESPN has used a lot of NCAA 11 going in and out of commercial breaks.

Rudy
09-26-2010, 04:58 AM
It's funny that the sim had Arkansas jumping out early, particularly after a McElroy INT. McElroy's two INTs helped Arkansas to a 17-7 halftime lead yesterday. I was only able to watch the second half of the game yesterday but Bama owned Arkansas in the second half. They ran all over them, McElroy had all kinds of time and the defense played well. Arkansas couldn't run well and Mallett made some poor decisions. I do think he was just throwing the ball away on that last throw and he had to be in shock that it was picked off.

steelerfan
09-29-2010, 04:51 AM
TGT GotW YTD:

SU: 3-1
ATS: 3-1
O/U: 2-2

Rough week for TGT sim engine, the only win here was SU.

Counting Week 2's "Other Simulations", TGT is 6-2 against the number.