PDA

View Full Version : TKO27 Heisman Sliders

tko27
09-20-2010, 10:40 AM
Alright guys, just so everybody doesn't write my sliders off thinking that I'm a rookie, let me quickly explain myself first. I have owned every copy of NCAA Football since '99 and am an AVID player. I have logged way too many hours into this game, more than is good for me that is, and yet I keep coming back for more. I consider myself a very good player, although I rarely play against other people online unless in an OD. I look for realism over everything else. I don't expect to beat Ohio State with Ohio, nor should I. I like to see things happen as they should in real life (getting run on for 200 yds against a superior running team) etc. These sliders were created after the most recent tuner pack and update (#3/4) and have worked pretty well for me so far.

After the new updates were released all old slider packs were suddenly extremely messed up. Rather than try to fix an existing slider set, I set all of my sliders to default and started over. What I found was that the game played very well with default settings (50/50 on most fields) with just a few adjustments being needed. Anyway, this is what I have settled on for now, but I am always tweaking them until they are just right. I feel good about them, and the other players and friends in my OD agree that they feel pretty good as well. Please feel free to try them out and give me some feedback.

Skill - Heisman
Quarter Length - 8 minutes
Game Speed - Slow
Player Speed Threshold - 5

Auto-Subs
QB Out - 25
QB In - 75
RB Out - 79
RB In - 80
WR Out - 79
WR In - 85
FB/TE Out - 50
FB/TE In - 70
OL Out - 50
OL In - 70

DT Out - 75
DT In - 80
DE Out - 75
DE In - 80
LB Out - 60
LB In - 80
CB Out - 35
CB In - 75
S Out - 35
S In - 75

Penalties
Offsides - 100
False Start - 100
Holding - 55
Facemask - 50
Offensive Pass Interference - 100
Defensive Pass Interference - 100
KR/PR Interference - 100
Clipping - 50
Intentional Grounding - 100
Roughing the Passer - 55
Roughing the Kicker - 65

QB Accuracy - 25/40
Pass Blocking - 50/60
WR Catching - 55/60
RB Ability - 45/55
Run Blocking - 50/55
Pass Coverage - 40/100
Pass Rush - 45/45
Interceptions - 40/50
Rush Defense - 10/0
Tackling -55/75
FG Power - 45/20
FG Accuracy - 20/60
Punt Power - 45/60
Punt Accuracy - 10/100
Kickoff Power - 55/60

Please test these out if you have some time and let me know what you think.

AustinWolv
09-20-2010, 01:03 PM
Thanks for posting 'em; it'll save me time reworking the ones I was using since time is limited these days (newborn joined the family).

gigemaggs99
09-20-2010, 01:41 PM
Going to try these out. Thank you for posting.

Do you have any auto-sub suggestions?

tko27
09-20-2010, 03:26 PM
Thanks for posting 'em; it'll save me time reworking the ones I was using since time is limited these days (newborn joined the family).

Congrats on the new one. I have a 10-month-old little girl. It is still hard to find time to play with her roaming the house, but those first few weeks/months were very hard. Kids are great though, before you blink they'll be smoking you in NCAA Football 2025 lol.

tko27
09-20-2010, 03:36 PM
Going to try these out. Thank you for posting.

Do you have any auto-sub suggestions?

Yeah, sorry I didn't post them. They are as follows(I'll add to my original post above):

QB Out - 25
QB In - 75
RB Out - 79
RB In - 80
WR Out - 79
WR In - 85
FB/TE Out - 50
FB/TE In - 70
OL Out - 50
OL In - 70

DT Out - 75
DT In - 80
DE Out - 75
DE In - 80
LB Out - 60
LB In - 80
CB Out - 35
CB In - 75
S Out - 35
S In - 75

Please post any thoughts, stats, reaction, whatever. Feedback will be used/appreciated.

AustinWolv
09-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Congrats on the new one. I have a 10-month-old little girl. It is still hard to find time to play with her roaming the house, but those first few weeks/months were very hard. Kids are great though, before you blink they'll be smoking you in NCAA Football 2025 lol.
Yeah, got a soon-to-be 3 year old also, so the about the only time I can play is after she and wife go to bed. With the newborn too, it is about the same although a bit more tired and games get paused a lot to help out wife. LOL.

tko27
09-21-2010, 09:48 AM
All right guys, after playing with Ohio last night at home vs FCS SE, I have decided I need to lower CPU Run Block down to 50. I love a challenge, and I love a realistic experience, but the running game seems a bit too strong for the CPU. Michigan State ran for over 300 on me, and FCS last night ran for almost 200. I like to see the CPU around or over 100 yards and I am definitely not opposed to giving up big rushing games, but it feels a little too overpowering. The adjustment has been made to the original post (CPU Run Block down from 55 to 50). Changes are in bold.

Roy38
09-21-2010, 01:34 PM
I might take a look at these tonight. I'm in the same boat as you guys (4 year old and soon to be 2 year old)

I'm the commissioner of a four member online dynasty. When we started, we all selected 3* teams from different conferences (Stanford, Texas Tech, Arkansas, and Southern Miss). Now, season #3 is upon us and we've all improved to 5* schools (which doesn't require a monumental effort). As our schools have improved, so has our recruiting which means the settings we're using now are slowly becoming obsolete (currently All-American level with slider tweaks).

Quick question: I've liked how my penalty sliders are set up on All-American. I have everything maxed except for Holding, Clipping, and Facemask which are all set at 55. This allows for some realistic penalties (well, at least for the ones that are called) stats. If I wanted to replicate that at Heisman, would your sliders provide that?

tko27
09-21-2010, 04:57 PM
Quick question: I've liked how my penalty sliders are set up on All-American. I have everything maxed except for Holding, Clipping, and Facemask which are all set at 55. This allows for some realistic penalties (well, at least for the ones that are called) stats. If I wanted to replicate that at Heisman, would your sliders provide that?

The issue I have with penalties on Heisman is the Holding and Face Mask flags. When they are adjusted away from 50, the game suddenly freaks out and they get called at an unrealistically high level. Even at 55, you will see 5+ of each flag per game which in my opinion is too many. When I play with the penalties where I have them, I see usually between 1 and 5 holding calls, and usually 1 or 2 clipping calls per game. False Start, Offsides, and others happen at a realistic level as well. These settings are about as accurate as I can get without the game going overboard.

The only issue I'm having with my sliders at this point is the CPU rushing. As I have stated multiple times, I love to play a realistic game with each game/win coming with some effort. I don't like to play games where I hold the CPU to 20 yds rushing, it takes away a whole dimension of the game. With that being said, the settings right now seem to almost guarantee any running team (take out the teams that run agressive spread no-huddle that rarely run the ball) 100 yards rushing. This to me is good. I feel like I have to be aware of the run at all times, and call run blitzes on rushing downs. But I'm afraid the CPU rushing may be a little too powerful. I have been lit up for 300+ in one game (Western Mich vs Mich State, I was WMU) and 180 (Ohio vs FCS SE, I was Ohio). I made one adjustment today but haven't yet had a chance to test it out. Please post your reaction to these settings when you play. Remember, these settings are tough. Games won't be easy. You will be able to win if you play smart, but games will not be handed to you. With that in mind, try and act like a coach. Call run blitzes on run downs. Watch for draw plays. If they catch you in a cover 3, they are going to pick up a good gain on the ground. Anyway, let me know what you think.

tko27
09-21-2010, 04:59 PM
To add to this Roy, if you like your penalty settings where they are at then feel free to keep them. They shouldn't affect the way the gameplay sliders work. Do what you feel is best for the type of game you like to play. That being said, I have had a lot of people tell me they like my penalty settings. That is all up to you.

Roy38
09-22-2010, 01:40 PM
I don't feel having Holding, Clipping, and Facemask set at 55 creates a huge problem. This creates more risk/reward when setting your gameplan to "Aggressive" on Holding, Impact Blocks, and Strip Ball (especially the latter). After two online dynasty seasons, all user teams are within the least penalized teams in the country. I feel having these set at this level provides more realism as a big play can be overturned by penalty for both the user and CPU teams. Also, these work better in user games as it forces the user to use the Aggressive gameplan settings on a more limited basis which improves head-to-head match-ups by keeping the game balanced. The Holding and Impact Block settings can be overpowered to point of frustration. There is nothing worse than watching your entire DL get driven into the ground each play and watching the opposing teams RB get a free 5 yards at will.

From my past experience, changing the difficulty level alters the frequency of penalties. It may just be me, but I'd like to stay within an acceptable limit.

morsdraconis
09-22-2010, 01:48 PM
I don't feel having Holding, Clipping, and Facemask set at 55 creates a huge problem. This creates more risk/reward when setting your gameplan to "Aggressive" on Holding, Impact Blocks, and Strip Ball (especially the latter). After two online dynasty seasons, all user teams are within the least penalized teams in the country. I feel having these set at this level provides more realism as a big play can be overturned by penalty for both the user and CPU teams. Also, these work better in user games as it forces the user to use the Aggressive gameplan settings on a more limited basis which improves head-to-head match-ups by keeping the game balanced. The Holding and Impact Block settings can be overpowered to point of frustration. There is nothing worse than watching your entire DL get driven into the ground each play and watching the opposing teams RB get a free 5 yards at will.

From my past experience, changing the difficulty level alters the frequency of penalties. It may just be me, but I'd like to stay within an acceptable limit.

I agree. I like the penalties set at 55 for the above three as well. Teams should average 5-10 penalties a game, no matter the team. Even the best team in the nation at being least penalized (Navy) averages 3-4 penalties a game.

tko27
09-22-2010, 04:23 PM
Also, these work better in user games as it forces the user to use the Aggressive gameplan settings on a more limited basis which improves head-to-head match-ups by keeping the game balanced. The Holding and Impact Block settings can be overpowered to point of frustration. There is nothing worse than watching your entire DL get driven into the ground each play and watching the opposing teams RB get a free 5 yards at will.

I like the sound of that. I never thought of the impact on user vs user games and the penalties associated with gameplanning but I agree with you. That is a HUGE part of the game. I think I will adjust my settings tonight and see how it goes at 55. I will post tomorrow with my reactions.

Has anybody played a game with my sliders yet? Any reaction? Please post.

Roy38
09-22-2010, 09:26 PM
I like the sound of that. I never thought of the impact on user vs user games and the penalties associated with gameplanning but I agree with you. That is a HUGE part of the game. I think I will adjust my settings tonight and see how it goes at 55. I will post tomorrow with my reactions.

Has anybody played a game with my sliders yet? Any reaction? Please post.

Suggestion: Concentrate on playing a full game first and disregard what transpires over the course of the game. You may notice several penalties early on and get worried the entire game is going to be a flag fest. There will be penalties, but not a large abundance. You should expect 10-12 penalties combined from both teams or less. It really adds some realism to the mix. I can't count how many times I've seen a CPU touchdown wiped out due to a penalty (often saving me), only to see the same thing happen to me. You'll have some "Damn that was close!" moments and "Oh, shit!" moments at the same time.

Haven't had a chance to play with your sliders yet. Hope to get a game in this evening.

tko27
09-23-2010, 09:56 AM
I played a game last night and took your advice on penalties. I used my existing penalty settings (see above) but increased both Holding and Face Mask from 50 to 55. You are right, there were a couple of holding penalties very early in the game and I was worried for a bit, but over the course of the game it felt perfect. It definitely didn't feel as out-of-control as it has in the past.

As for the Face Mask penalty, there were a LOT more called, but only because I have gotten in the habit of stripping the ball on just about every play. It has become such second nature that I didn't realize how often I did it. As a result, my fumble stats were always pretty high because I would typically strip the CPU at least 1-2 times a game. With the Face Mask penalties increased even by just 5 points, I can no longer use this as a cheap trick to get the ball back. I loved it. I will update the settings above in bold.

Also, after playing another game last night, I have decided to make another couple of minor changes. As before, these will be in BOLD.

Please post your reactions after you get a game in with these sliders. I'm interested in some criticism/reaction to them other than what I get from my buddies.

tko27
09-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Major changes to my sliders. While the sliders were working, after about 10 games it became clear that they just weren't where they needed to be. I have updated the sliders in my original post. These fell a lot better now. If somebody tries them please post reaction here. Thanks.