PDA

View Full Version : Madden 17 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

jaymo76
08-27-2016, 06:45 PM
I figured we needed a franchise only discussion thread. Use this thread to post thoughts, observations, likes and dislikes as well your experiences, highlights (and lowlights) of your own franchise.

jaymo76
08-27-2016, 06:56 PM
So I decided to jump right in and experience a little bit of franchise. I figured a team that could be unique and challenging is a team that frankly I really dislike. Therefore, I am now head coach of...

:Chicago_Bears:

I created myself as a head coach and the first thing I noticed is there is a little more customization to creating coaches. Also I do better like the Twitter feed. I just wish it wasn't buried in the menus. I opted out of being an owner as frankly the mode is yet again untouched and it's pretty boring IMO.

I tried for a half hour to move Cutler but with no luck. Several teams are interested but are offering nothing. I refuse to start the season with him so I may take the best draft pick I can get...

In the first preseason I lost 20-10 to the Broncos. I used the new key moments sim. Frankly.... I hate it! You have no real control. It's great in the Show but not in Madden.

Also, I switched to a 4-3 from a 3-4 and yet again...sloppy Madden. When you go to schemes you are still set as what your previous coach had (eg. 2 mlb and 2 NT) rather than a 4-3 scheme. This issue has never been addressed in the several years of CFM.

jaymo76
08-27-2016, 07:06 PM
With the decision to try and move Cutler and having Hoyer and Fales as QB's on the roster, I decided to sign Jeff Tuel, former WSU Cougar. Tuel will battle it out for a roster spot.

Tuel was actually decent vs. The Broncos going 19/30 for 186 yards 1 td and 1 int. The Bears are not a strong team and he didn't get much help. It was cool to hear the announcers say "this guy was on the couch last week and now he's running the two minute offence."

steelerfan
08-27-2016, 07:15 PM
Hmm. I like the Play the Moments (is that what it's calls?) feature. I won't use it, I don't believe, but I think it is done well. One side bonus to using the feature: OL injuries!

jaymo76
08-27-2016, 07:51 PM
Hmm. I like the Play the Moments (is that what it's calls?) feature. I won't use it, I don't believe, but I think it is done well. One side bonus to using the feature: OL injuries!

I think the intent is good but the execution is lacking. For example in my last game I played six plays in the first half and five were on D. The one offensive play I completed a 3rd and long to get into Bronco territory and then the drive was over for me.

souljahbill
08-28-2016, 12:09 AM
2 questions:

Can you play in Coach Mode in a coach franchise?

Can you set the games to CPU vs. CPU in owner mode and just do the GM stuff?

morsdraconis
08-28-2016, 12:15 AM
2 questions:

Can you play in Coach Mode in a coach franchise?

Can you set the games to CPU vs. CPU in owner mode and just do the GM stuff?

You can sim everything, while watching, (meaning the CPU plays everything and you're watching the play in real time) in a franchise. You have to manually change it every game, but it is MOST DEFINITELY doable, which is really damn cool.

souljahbill
08-28-2016, 12:22 AM
You can sim everything, while watching, (meaning the CPU plays everything and you're watching the play in real time) in a franchise. You have to manually change it every game, but it is MOST DEFINITELY doable, which is really damn cool.

When you say sim everything, do you mean watching the bar graphs or watching the actual game play out after putting the controllers in the neutral slot before the game?

Edit: I see you edited your post so my post makes less sense. My apologies.

morsdraconis
08-28-2016, 12:26 AM
When you say sim everything, do you mean watching the bar graphs or watching the actual game play out after putting the controllers in the neutral slot before the game?

Edit: I see you edited your post so my post makes less sense. My apologies.

No problem, but to clarify, yeah, it's basically coach mode. You can set it to where the QB will throw the ball and such as long as you don't touch the controller. You can either have it where you call the plays, like actual coach mode or you can just have it sim games while watching the actual action like you'd be watching an actual game of football.

souljahbill
08-28-2016, 09:56 AM
No problem, but to clarify, yeah, it's basically coach mode. You can set it to where the QB will throw the ball and such as long as you don't touch the controller. You can either have it where you call the plays, like actual coach mode or you can just have it sim games while watching the actual action like you'd be watching an actual game of football.

I'm really interested in doing an Owner Mode franchise where I do all the owner/GM stuff and not play the actual game. I know that may sound weird to buy a game to not play but I've always been able to win Super Bowls or BCS championships easily after awhile due to "stick skillz" compensating for team weaknesses but I'd think it would be cool to earn a championship through decision-making alone.

Rudy
08-28-2016, 10:10 AM
Will start one of these soon. Trade AI isn't good so people shouldn't try to rape the CPU. I guess it was pretty easy to try and get deals for Aaron Rodgers. Also, free agents really want their desired length of contract and may not sign for ANY money if you try to drop it.

morsdraconis
08-28-2016, 10:26 AM
I'm really interested in doing an Owner Mode franchise where I do all the owner/GM stuff and not play the actual game. I know that may sound weird to buy a game to not play but I've always been able to win Super Bowls or BCS championships easily after awhile due to "stick skillz" compensating for team weaknesses but I'd think it would be cool to earn a championship through decision-making alone.

Totally understand. That's always been my issue too, but, at the same time, I hate the demoralization of getting annihilated every game on settings that are too hard for me or feel cheaty because the CPU feels psychic.

morsdraconis
08-28-2016, 10:28 AM
Apparently there's an issue with Connected Franchises online where the CPU makes a bunch of crazy roster moves with the CPU controlled teams at the very beginning of the season before the very first preseason game and there's no way to stop them from doing it. You end up having to just reverse them all if any of the changes were made on a team that was going to be human controlled. It's pretty crappy.

jaymo76
08-28-2016, 11:06 AM
Apparently certain players (eg. Will Hill) automatically get injured in the 1st week of preseason. In my chise he's out for 29 weeks.

Rudy
08-28-2016, 12:17 PM
That's why I'm not going with Miami and using an unknown team I can live with issues easier. Need to start my Rams franchise soon.

Rudy
08-28-2016, 06:59 PM
Started a Ram franchise and am losing 21-0 at half to the 49ers.ive thrown three ints (two bad ones) and Goff has low confidence missing a couple easy passes. Goff also fumbled once.

I have always hated the merger of franchise and my player. The stupid goals and drive goals and XP drive me nuts. I don't even want to see it. I hate the menus. The "quick" depth chart sucks. At least I realized I can use a sub menu to find the real depth chart. Didn't look for formation subs but they aren't available in- game. Must be somewhere under manage team and only in franchise. Not sure.

I loved the twitter feed when it was added a few years ago but now it's buried under news and feels static. It used to scroll with news like a ticker iirc and now it's as though they might as well get rid of it. Signing free agents looks odd too because the Madden team is obsessed with huge graphic boxes rather than simple lists which are easier to read and use. I'm sure I will get used to it but all the menus and submenus are annoying.

I had my injury slider set at 60 for playing in game. Well do NOT use that in franchise. I think it affects the Sim numbers because after swimming two preseason games I had almost ten guys hurt. My roster is bleaker than normal. I put it back down to 50. I hate how EA removes my injured players from my depth chart. Don't touch! Especially on a team that I don't know well I know I'm going to forget to put someone back in. I set cpu control to off so don't touch! I'm not sure if I have control over putting a guy on IR either. Some of those guys I would like to. Help?

In many ways I think it would be nice to just have a season mode with a draft at the end. I do like scouting and the off season stuff (haven't tried that yet) but there is too much filler for me with some stuff. I'd like to be able to remove some things and just have them auto simmed all the time and never show up in my menu again.

I did like the ability in cut down days to move a player to my practice squad. It isnt very realistic since you shouldn't be able to do that until after the final cut but it's nice to have a practice squad I guess.

Rudy
08-28-2016, 07:22 PM
I will say I didn't think the Play the Moment stuff would be useful but I can totally see it being used by guys just trying to get through a season quickly and not playing every minute. I don't normally do that in year one but definitely later on.

Rudy
08-29-2016, 07:31 AM
Well franchise mode is more comfortable after two games. The Manage Team menu has the old depth charts and free agent signings which is more comfortable to me. And even though I really don't like the cpu adjusting my depth chart for injured players (don't touch!) they do a good job with their alerts during the weekly "To Do List" of players that are now eligible to come back or players that I have to choose whether to start or start their backup.

I lost my first game on the road 35-3 and threw 6 INTs. The cpu gobbled up every bad decision and pass. I then beat the Seahawks at home 35-10. I hope this is a coincidence and not some hidden strong home field advantage in franchise. Way too early to say either way.

It shows I have about two players that want to talk contract every week. I negotiated with two players and it also shows some more eligible for next week but I can't talk to them yet. I scouted some players too which is the same as last year I think. For injured players you can click on them and move them to IR on their player card. And I figured out formation subs is under the Coach options which include auto subs.

Gaudin does a good job of announcing in franchise. He notes rookies and he also noted the first TDs rushing and passing for the Rams back in LA. Noted the first career TD pass of Goff. Stuff like that is nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGmQC5kvpDQ

SmoothPancakes
08-29-2016, 10:37 AM
I fired up a player franchise last night. First, way too easy to improve. I made my guy an undrafted QB, started mid to high 60s OVR. Now, it may be because of being on the Broncos with QBs that have 74, 72 and 60-something for their OVRs, but just by simply getting gold medals (1800 points) in the preseason training drills, I was already a 74 OVR and actually ended up the starting QB by week 2 of the regular season.

They also need to badly work on coaching logic in player franchises. In my first game starting against Indianapolis, despite throwing 3 touchdown passes and 344 yards, I also threw 8 bloody interceptions, including 5 interceptions in the first half! And yet despite all those interceptions, there was seemingly never intention to pull me from the game, even as we went on to lose to the Colts 31-23.

After my third interception, there should have been some way of showing the coach considering pulling me, if not straight pulling me then and there. For sure after 5 damn interceptions in the first half, I should have been riding the bench coming out of halftime. It also made no difference week three, I'm still listed as the starter against the Bengals.

I may need to start over, but this time just save up my XP and not spend it in the first season so I remain the third stringer all year. Then spend some XP season two so I bump up only to second stringer. Granted, as I said, being on the Broncos with such low rated QBs probably screws it up. If I was on a roster with a starting QB rated high 80s or low to mid 90s, I'd probably achieve the same effect, but still be able to improve my QB every few weeks without fear of jumping to the starting spot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

steelerfan
08-29-2016, 11:08 AM
Is there a way like a Roster Breakdown to see how many players are on your roster without counting them yourself? I don't know if I have 48 players or 53 or what.

In this Chargers Franchise I'm doing, I don't really care but when I start a Steelers one with opening day rosters, I'm going to want to be sure that my roster is full at all times.

jaymo76
08-29-2016, 12:55 PM
Well last night was a long night. Playing on ALL MADDEN (default) I lost all 4 preseason games (0-4) as :Chicago_Bears: First off, Chicago is a BAD team. Second, I have made them worse as I made a trade. I just could not deal with Cutler so I tried for draft picks but as each week progressed there was less and less interest. I finally swallowed my pride and flipped him to the Rams for 82 ovr FB Cory Harkey. I met a need but I was roasted on social media. That leaves 61 ovr Jeff Tuel as my starter. I then pulled the trigger on a trade with GB. I was surprised they accepted but I sent them QB Hoyer and a draft pick in exchange for Brett Hundley. I had hoped to have him start but he has struggled with fumbles and ints. He is now 2nd on the depth chart. The plan is that he will be the starter sooner than later.

I played all of the games using Madden Play the Moment. Two games were key moments and two were offense only. still am not a fan but you can finish a game in half an hour or so.

steelerfan
08-29-2016, 01:18 PM
I really wish that the quick presentation option that is available in Play Now was available in Franchise. It dramatically decreases the tone it takes to play a game.

Rudy
08-29-2016, 01:52 PM
I find myself skipping all replays and halftime shows.i used to love that stuff but I just don't have the time anymore. Its hard to finish a game in under an hour as it is.

steelerfan
08-29-2016, 05:17 PM
Is there a way like a Roster Breakdown to see how many players are on your roster without counting them yourself? I don't know if I have 48 players or 53 or what.

In this Chargers Franchise I'm doing, I don't really care but when I start a Steelers one with opening day rosters, I'm going to want to be sure that my roster is full at all times.
Anyone know?

Rudy
08-29-2016, 05:32 PM
Anyone know?

Sorry. I have no clue either. The game forces you to cut X players and I know that gets me to 53 but I don't think there is a roster count somewhere. Jaymo?

Did lose a fun game 34-31 to Tampa in their hideous creamsicle uniforms. My defence is crap. Rundefence bad last two games.

http://pic.twitter.com/5sE0Hzz5ps

morsdraconis
08-29-2016, 05:38 PM
Anyone know?

Sadly, I haven't seen a way to do it. :(

steelerfan
08-29-2016, 06:15 PM
Sorry. I have no clue either. The game forces you to cut X players and I know that gets me to 53 but I don't think there is a roster count somewhere. Jaymo?

Did lose a fun game 34-31 to Tampa in their hideous creamsicle uniforms. My defence is crap. Rundefence bad last two games.

Sadly, I haven't seen a way to do it. :(
Thanks, guys.

For the record Rudy, I love those Tampa uniforms. The current ones are awful.

Rudy
08-29-2016, 06:46 PM
The current Tampa uniforms are bad largely because of that horrible font that makes the numbers look like alarm clocks. I think both Tampa and Jax went too busy with their new uniforms. Miami kept their new ones simple and it works other than they moved towards baby blue and wuss status. Dolphins need to go back to their throwbacks permanently. Tampa would be better off going back to pewter power. And for the record, the Steelers bumblebee uniforms have grown on me. I hated them initially. Chargers baby blues are classic. Rams throwbacks are better too.

steelerfan
08-29-2016, 07:21 PM
I like everybody's uniforms from the 80s better than today. I can't think of one that is better today than then.

souljahbill
08-29-2016, 08:49 PM
Once again, I appear to be the guy that likes all the fancy new uniforms. The only thing I don't really like is the 2-tone Jax helmet.

jaymo76
08-30-2016, 02:03 AM

No, I don't believe there is a way to find out the roster number other than to count manually.

steelerfan
08-30-2016, 02:28 AM
No, I don't believe there is a way to find out the roster number other than to count manually.
Lame.

Thanks though.

bdoughty
08-30-2016, 04:30 AM
I like everybody's uniforms from the 80s better than today. I can't think of one that is better today than then.

This. Just like college uniforms, they try to hard these days.

Edit: Forgot the Bungles were still wearing these helmets in 1980. The one exception to the rule.

http://i.imgur.com/oO7ym7V.jpg

Rudy
08-30-2016, 06:52 AM
I think the Giants, Jets and Bill's did a good job because their new uniforms were retro. From the helmet logos to the stripes and pants I liked those changes.

On another note I am 1-3 with the Ram's and have the worst run defence in the league. My passing offence stinks. Gurley and Aaron Donald are the two bright spots.

Rudy
08-30-2016, 07:21 PM
I like how the stats include downs played for offence and defence. I wish they would add conversion statistics for defence. Just having offensive numbers isn't good enough imo. I'd love to see more defensive stats like yards per carry against, qb rating against, etc.

Right now there must be a bug in the kicking stats because my kickers has zero kicks! No field goals or extra points.

I did like how the game mentions a players contract extension after he made a tackle. A stat bubble popped up.

On a side note I'm 2-3 and Gurley has rushed for a round 650 yards. My passing game blows and Goff is brutal right now.

jaymo76
08-30-2016, 08:42 PM
I like how the stats include downs played for offence and defence. I wish they would add conversion statistics for defence. Just having offensive numbers isn't good enough imo. I'd love to see more defensive stats like yards per carry against, qb rating against, etc.

Right now there must be a bug in the kicking stats because my kickers has zero kicks! No field goals or extra points.

I did like how the game mentions a players contract extension after he made a tackle. A stat bubble popped up.

On a side note I'm 2-3 and Gurley has rushed for a round 650 yards. My passing game blows and Goff is brutal right now.

You playing full games or Play the Moment?

jaymo76
08-31-2016, 03:47 AM
I wonder if in my lifetime I will ever see bad cpu QB's play to their stats?

Vs the cpu....

Week 3 Dallas Moore 17/21 187 yards 1 td
Week 5 Indy. Morris 21/31 272 yards 2 td (in addition to Gores 38 carries for 150 yards)

I am now 1-4. I am playing exclusively on Play the Moment and it is maddening to see the plays being run. However, it saves soooooo much time.

Rudy
08-31-2016, 07:15 AM
I am playing full games. Just got smoked in Detroit by the Lions and am 2-4. May be making some slider tweaks soon.

jaymo76
08-31-2016, 11:27 AM
I may need to drop back down to ALL PRO as my interceptions and QB fumbles (on sacks) is just killing me.

Rudy
08-31-2016, 01:08 PM
If i keep seeing this fumble parade on sacks I'm raising the fumble slider to help. I'm dropping the int slider too. Defenders rarely drop them on all madden.

jaymo76
08-31-2016, 02:37 PM
Just played the Jags. Bortles had 14 seconds to throw. What amazing pash rush by my D...

jaymo76
08-31-2016, 03:17 PM
Alright, it's time to be unpopular...

I have played this game a lot over the past week. I am playing on ALL MADDEN and exclusively using Play the Moment, simply because I am too busy for anything else. From the first moment I played the game I wasn't sure but it felt different and not in all of the good ways people point out. Too me it actually felt somewhat off though I could not quite see why. Regardless, I purchased the game. At this point I can honestly say that I am not having fun with this game and the sole reason is not franchise mode but rather GAMEPLAY.

I am now 1-5 (1-9 if you include preseason). I think that's phenomenal to see as I have never had a record like this in Madden. However, I'm not happy about it because I feel cheated because of the gameplay issues. As an OFFLINE 100% Franchise vs the cpu, if gameplay is bad the experience will be horrible. I'm not having fun right now because of these issues below.

1. QB fumbles

-this is absolute insanity. A QB gets hits one-on-one in the backfield and it's pretty much a fumble. I am averaging 3 fumbles per game (yet all are from QB's being hit). Once your QB loses confidence it's even worse.

2. WR Drops

-I don't see the cpu drop passes yet I am finding any type of contact leads to a drop. A. Jeffrey has over 10 drops thus far. However, many drops are not recorded so it's probably more.

3. CPU ZONE Coverage/ route shading

-CPU zone is crazy. Go into replays and watch how quick the defenders break on the ball. Recievers are covered and I have seen a lot of route running where the CB is in front of the receiver. CB's cut on a dime on All Madden. This also leads to a number of cover sacks and most detrimental, interceptions. The ball gets tipped and then floats around for awhile until it is picked off.

4. Neutered WR fighting for the ball

-last year was fantastic. This year I feel like my WR will not go for it while the DB breaks for it every time. Using Aggressive catch basically means dropping the ball. This is such a disappointment

5. Absurd logic in play the moment

-if I cannot trust the cpu logic then how can I do play the moment?

6. CPU QB Accuracy

-there are no errand passes. They are all thrown perfectly. The only time a pass is off is when it is purposely thrown out of bounds. QB play from low OVR is pretty much the same as a stud QB.

7. Hum Pass Rush

-non-existent!!! I find the hum player has about 3 seconds to throw while the cpu QB is often in the 6-10 second range

Now I know you will say... SLIDERS will fix these issues. Well, maybe they will although past history has shown otherwise. I probably play Madden more than most people on this site and I know the game well. For the first time in years I find it's the gameplay that is hurting my enjoyment more than the franchise mode, which frankly is pretty well done this year.

Regardless, I will continue to pound it out and hopefully my feelings will change. As I say, I know I am in the minority on this one but this game just isn't working for me this year.

steelerfan
08-31-2016, 03:39 PM
Everything you said is why I never pay on All-Madden. This game being a success to me is dependant on me being able to get a challenge out of All-Pro.

Rudy
08-31-2016, 05:25 PM
The only thing I would disagree with are the WRs. I don't find the drops that bad although I do agree that they are rarely recorded. Great WRs will come down with those passes from my time in Play Now. Unfortunately I don't have a WR rated above 81 with the Ram's so it's worse for me. Sliders will fix a lot of that. I may experiment with lowering really action time way down for the CPU since my zone passing sucks right now. The CPU dbs can make up a ton of ground.

I'm curious if any devs read our thoughts on TGT. I hope so.

jaymo76
08-31-2016, 11:02 PM
The goal system has to go. I bring a war off the practise roster and his weekly goal is 2 td's. My starting Rb's goal is 15 receiving yards...

jaymo76
08-31-2016, 11:07 PM
Game 8 vs Minnesota. It's 28-0 Vikings (play the moment) and I have played 7 downs yet not one offensive snap. 3 fumbles. I also have my 3rd string QB.

jaymo76
08-31-2016, 11:17 PM
Game 8 vs Minnesota. It's 28-0 Vikings (play the moment) and I have played 7 downs yet not one offensive snap. 3 fumbles. I also have my 3rd string QB.

And just like that I go to the depth chart to make a change and the game freezes. I noticed that the cpu keeps changing my depth chart.

jaymo76
08-31-2016, 11:41 PM
Two new issues to report.

1. I am getting xp for losing vs rivals (it shows I won)
2. Outside of injury, CPU Rb carries go 100% to the starter.

Rudy
09-01-2016, 04:24 AM
I think the CPU uses the same autopsies as us don't they? I know I have seen cpu backup rbs get carries. Not a lot and I have fatigue at 65 although this could be worse on play the moments.

Formation subs may have a problem. At the beginning of my next game my MLB was still the RCB in the Dime. Stop it! I double checked formation subs before my last game and after (after I got toasted in Lions opening TD) and he is not in there. But in the actual game something is goofy. Will make another change with him and see if this stops for next game.

Rudy
09-01-2016, 06:12 AM
I am going to reset formation subs. Only thing I know of that can fix this hopefully.

Stats are also buggy. After 8 games Aaron Donald has 11 sacks. My number two has 3.5. But while Donald shows up on my stats and leads the NFC West, when I choose all NFL he is not in the defensive stats. No clue why.

jaymo76
09-02-2016, 11:45 AM
As previously mentioned, I have been exclusively playing PLAY THE MOMENT. However, I am of the opinion that the mode is bugged. Here are a couple of things I am seeing.

1. Any 3rd and 10+ plays and my offense runs the ball (usually for a 3 yard gain)
2. The cpu offense gets close to double the amount of plays as my offense (eg 75 for the cpu 40 for me)
3. The cpu starting RB gets all of the carries (most will have 30-40 carries for the game)
4. Star Players get injured yet often play the very next play (primarily QB, RB and WR)
5. QB's frequently get injured on QB kneels
6. Frequency of injuries is extreme (I am averaging 9 players off due to injury)

steelerfan
09-02-2016, 03:12 PM
Just my opinion, jaymo, but I see PtM as a waste of time instead of saving time. I know that when I get my real Franchise running I will be playing every game in full so I see no benefit in wasting my time with PtM. It won't help in any way to get me ready for a full Franchise experience.

Instead, I'll play full games to get the game where I want it until I'm ready for my real Franchise.

jaymo76
09-04-2016, 12:46 PM
The new set up is driving me nuts. This Windows 8 tiles inside of tiles is maddening. All information is buried. However, for the casuals limited information is placed right in front of you to make a "big decision" quickly. Why is the league news hidden? It should be first and foremost, not hidden 4 scrolls over.

Madden 18 needs a major overhaul for the CFM interface!

Rudy
09-04-2016, 09:05 PM
Agreed on the interface. News and twitter takes a major back seat.

I have scouted a lot of kids although I forgot I'm missing quite a few draft picks due to Goff. It seems that they really toned down the hidden gems. I barely played franchise in M16 but in M15 I remember being able to find mid and late gems pretty good. This year it seems a lot harder.

jaymo76
09-05-2016, 12:15 AM
Just beat the Packers 38-29. I missed a fg at the 2 minute warning and then the commentary said that miss probably sealed my fate. I then watched GB run 7 straight times and run out the clock and guarantee they would lose. Mind boggling!

jaymo76
09-05-2016, 12:29 AM
Lost my first player from the practise squad. I lost a promising young CB to Buffalo. I'm not sure why as Buffalo has six active cb's but I may make a play to get him back if he become a free agent.

Practise roster is great but the CPU teams don't use it much.

Rudy
09-05-2016, 04:11 AM
I just had a player poached from mine. Completely forgot about my practice squad. I don't even know where to look at them lol.

souljahbill
09-05-2016, 04:40 AM
Lost my first player from the practise squad. I lost a promising young CB to Buffalo. I'm not sure why as Buffalo has six active cb's but I may make a play to get him back if he become a free agent.

Practise roster is great but the CPU teams don't use it much.

I saw a vid on YouTube where no CPU team had a practice squad player.

Rudy
09-05-2016, 06:39 AM
I saw my practice squad in the roster section with it's own section (LB, DB, Practice Squad). Gurley got hurt and my #2 back is still hurt. So I signed my PS HB and also Kenyan Drake from Miami who was a 3rd round pick this year and had been cut. Sorry but no picks in the first 3 rounds should be cut in their rookie year.

I had read that cpu time management was better but I don't think it was touched. Still see the 1:01 time out and still see questionable play calling. I do see some fake kicks here and there - Belichik was crazy!

steelerfan
09-05-2016, 12:31 PM
Sorry but no picks in the first 3 rounds should be cut in their rookie year.

I recall a former 29th overall pick that was cut because he was insane. In fact, it was your boys that claimed him after the Vikings let him go. ;)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimitrius_Underwood

That said, I'd generally agree with your statement. :)

steelerfan
09-05-2016, 01:05 PM
Is there any real reason to pick doing a local (or whatever it's called) Franchise versus a cloud one? I mean, unless you have no internet access, what would be the point?

Also doing a cloud-based one automatically gets you tuners and such, right? Would doing an "offline" Franchise be a means to avoiding tuners if you didn't want them?

jaymo76
09-05-2016, 01:16 PM
Is there any real reason to pick doing a local (or whatever it's called) Franchise versus a cloud one? I mean, unless you have no internet access, what would be the point?

Also doing a cloud-based one automatically gets you tuners and such, right? Would doing an "offline" Franchise be a means to avoiding tuners if you didn't want them?

The biggest difference is that you have more control in offline. Eg, you can control multiple teams. Plus if the net is down you cannot play. If it's cloud, you get tuning updates immediately. Plus in previous years you have the madden website to do stuff online (eg scouting).

I only use offline but that's personal preference.

Rudy
09-05-2016, 03:00 PM
Online doesn't allow in game saves either . The advantage of online is they get some server side patches faster and I guess simming is faster.

I forgot all about that nut job in Miami. He never ended up a good player either.

steelerfan
09-05-2016, 05:06 PM
But offline you still get the tuners and such, right? You just have to press a button to approve downloading them. I think?

jaymo76
09-05-2016, 05:40 PM
But offline you still get the tuners and such, right? You just have to press a button to approve downloading them. I think?

Yes.

steelerfan
09-05-2016, 07:22 PM
Ok. Thanks, guys.

jaymo76
09-10-2016, 08:57 PM
Been so busy I forgot to mention that I finished my 1st season and what a brutal season it was.

:Chicago_Bears: 3-13

Offence. #31
Defence. #19

QB. Jeff Tuel 173/292. 14td 12 int. 2138 yards
RB. Jeremy Langford 203 carries 782 yards 5 td
WR Kevin White 43 rec 651 yards 6 TD
MLB Danny Trevathan 120 tackles 1.5 sacks 3 int.
FG. Robbie Gould 16/21
P Pat O'Donnell 52 punts 46 yard avg.

Tyreek Hill was 10th in voting for offensive player of the year
Akeem Hicks was 8th in voting for best DL
Danny Trevathan was 7th in voting for best LB

NFC. playoffs

Panthers z
Vikings. Y
Redskins. Y
Saints. X
Falcons. X

AFC

Patriots. Z
Chargers. X
Chiefs. Y
Bengals. Y
Titans. Y
Dolphins. X

Notable

MVP Tom Brady
Chuck Pagano fired
Mike McCarthy fired
Jeff Fisher retired

jaymo76
09-10-2016, 09:58 PM
:Lombardi_Trophy: 51

:NE_Patriots: 24 :New_Orleans_Saints: 30

comprar
09-27-2016, 04:28 AM
I like everybody's uniforms from the 80s better than today.

bdoughty
09-27-2016, 06:12 AM
I think we need more robots posting here, they have really good taste in uniforms.

jaymo76
10-27-2016, 07:09 PM
Anyone playing this game anymore???

souljahbill
10-27-2016, 07:46 PM
I may get this for Christmas.

morsdraconis
10-27-2016, 07:56 PM

Nope. Traded mine for NBA 2k17 and really haven't even played it much either. Too many other things to play.

Rudy
10-27-2016, 08:00 PM

Sold mine a couple weeks ago. I simply don't like the passing game. I was already frustrated by the ton of fumble sacks but everything about passing frustrates me. Now I am a bad passer so that is a factor but the sliders are garbage. Against man defences I'm more comfortable but press coverage can get best deep too easy if the jam fails and it gets a bit repetitive and stupid. But the CPU loves zones and their linebackers are brutally unrealistic at times with breaks on the ball. They also drop back too deep and it kills the intermediate passing game for me. Ive gone back to really struggling getting the ball to my outside WRs. It seems that just running crossing routes and drags all day is the only way to really be successful and I find it boring. Wrs against zone seem to run to a defender like a magnet and stand there rather than finding a hole in the zone. I just wasn't happy so it's gone. I really don't think I will buy next year. I haven't played the last two games much.

steelerfan
10-28-2016, 12:03 PM
I haven't touched it in weeks. The little bit of time that I play anything these days is spent on FIFA.

The anticipation of Friday the 13th has ruined all other games for me. :D