PDA

View Full Version : 2016 NFL Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Rudy
08-27-2016, 07:41 AM
I figured we might as well make a new thread for the upcoming season.

I think Miami will be OK. The OL will be better at pass protecting for sure although run blocking and our running game may be suspect. Our tendency to sign bigger names like Mario Williams may not pay off. Mario was down in Buffalo and I attributed a lot of that to playing in a 3-4 and not having his heart in it. Not sure he has a whole lot left in the tank. Cam Wake may be in the same boat. The DL needs to be a strength but the DT opposite Suh isn't good and if Cam and Mario aren't good that leaves the DL in bad shape to go with a weak LB corp and a weak set of CBs. At least we have a pro bowl SS and punter!

I think the Chargers are too cheap and when they are begging for help to build a stadium their stance on Bosa has been too tough. Bosa has a chip on his shoulder and parents with money so he can play tough too. Instead we aren't seeing the 3rd overall pick play in the NFL. I'm sure he'll sign soon since he has so little leverage but this is stupid. Offsets in the Top 5 are dumb.

SmoothPancakes
08-27-2016, 08:06 AM
I'm envisioning a rough year for the Broncos.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rudy
08-27-2016, 08:27 AM
Is Simien (sp?) going to be your QB? How does Lynch look?

jaymo76
08-27-2016, 11:15 AM

I thought Sanchez was the tentative starter. Either way, for the first time in several seasons.... Smooth is worried about "the greatness of the Raiders."

jaymo76
08-27-2016, 11:17 AM
Speaking of the Raiders, they took out trademarks/patents on "Las Vegas Raiders" on Thursday. This is just sooooo sad. The Raiders belong in Oakland, not Sin City. However it looks more and more like they are Nevada bound.

Rudy
08-27-2016, 12:42 PM
I wish both Oakland and San Diego sold their teams to competent owners who have enough money to build their own stadiums without begging for public money. That ship has sailed. The Raiders should go back to LA.

souljahbill
08-27-2016, 12:45 PM

Try being a Saints fan. That's true doom and gloom.

Rudy
08-27-2016, 02:03 PM
The Saints have won a Superbowl in the last ten years. Miami hasn't even won a single playoff game! Haven't won more than 8 games in forever. You are spoiled compared to me lol.

SmoothPancakes
08-27-2016, 02:11 PM
Lol, Tony Romo is cursed. It seems lime every year now he ends up missing half the season or more due to injury.

SmoothPancakes
08-27-2016, 02:18 PM

I thought Sanchez was the tentative starter. Either way, for the first time in several seasons.... Smooth is worried about "the greatness of the Raiders."

Siemien is the starter for tonight's game against the Rams. Word is Lynch will be the second stringer. I can't really say on Lynch yet, I haven't seen him play enough to say for sure.

If the reports on Lynch is true, then Sanchez will be the third string QB tonight, a major downgrade after his poor showing last week with lost fumbles at the 49ers 15 and 21 yard lines on back to back drives.

Defense will be the savior of games again this year. Denver, as of right now, may be lucky to even win 8 games this year. Osweiler leaving in March REALLY screwed them.

Rudy
08-27-2016, 02:51 PM
Feel bad for Romo but Prescott has looked good.

jaymo76
08-27-2016, 08:13 PM
Feel bad for Romo but Prescott has looked good.

True but how many players look great in preseason and then never live up to the hype? I agree that he has played well but this injury could very well end the Cowboy season. Not that I cheer for the Cowboys but the fans must be losing their minds...

Rudy
08-28-2016, 05:16 AM
Prescott has a great situation though. A great OL and running game along with an elite WR he can force the ball too. Plus a TE safety blanket in Witten. Should ease the growing pains.

ram29jackson
08-28-2016, 05:17 AM
Try being a Saints fan. That's true doom and gloom.

youll be happy this year

ram29jackson
08-28-2016, 05:21 AM

how long did it take you to figure that out? it was obvious as soon as the SB was over and even before, that this year would be filler material.

theyll still win 7 or 8 games though

Rudy
08-28-2016, 07:21 AM
Ram, please keep your conspiracy theories out of this thread.

The Broncos losing their qb isn't as big an issue as losing thatbig DT. always tough to repeat but they still have a lot of great players.

Finally saw that Romo hit. Man he is brittle. Hi back keeps breaking and being older isn't helping. Tannehill is OK but he is tough. Has taken a besting the last four years and is always under center.

souljahbill
08-28-2016, 08:24 AM
youll be happy this year

Uh, no. If the Saints go 8-8, I'll consider that a good year. They're going to be terrible and will either be 3rd or 4th in the division.

steelerfan
08-28-2016, 10:28 AM
Uh, no. If the Saints go 8-8, I'll consider that a good year. They're going to be terrible and will either be 3rd or 4th in the division.
Big Ben threw for 148 yards and two touchdowns on them in the first 2 drives of the game against them Friday night. Oh, and it was the first Ben had played this preseason. That no-name secondary is going to be a problem, from what I saw.

souljahbill
08-28-2016, 10:46 AM
Big Ben threw for 148 yards and two touchdowns on them in the first 2 drives of the game against them Friday night. Oh, and it was the first Ben had played this preseason. That no-name secondary is going to be a problem, from what I saw.

They're going suck. I honestly think TB will be 3rd in the division and the Saints 4th. They're way to dependent on Drew Brees doing everything (like Luck and the Colts). Sean Payton seems to despise running the ball with Ingram. It's time the people around here stop living in the past of SB 44 and realize that time is gone. Brees maybe great but he can't LeBron the team to victory.

Rudy
08-28-2016, 12:15 PM
And Brees doesn't have that much time left either. Both him and Brady are eventually going to be tackled from behind by father time.

SmoothPancakes
08-28-2016, 03:39 PM
how long did it take you to figure that out? it was obvious as soon as the SB was over and even before, that this year would be filler material.

theyll still win 7 or 8 games though
Oh go suck on a goat.

skipwondah33
08-29-2016, 08:36 AM
They're going suck. I honestly think TB will be 3rd in the division and the Saints 4th. They're way to dependent on Drew Brees doing everything (like Luck and the Colts). Sean Payton seems to despise running the ball with Ingram. It's time the people around here stop living in the past of SB 44 and realize that time is gone. Brees maybe great but he can't LeBron the team to victory.To be fair Pittsburgh did and likely will do that against majority of the teams they face this year. Even one as great as the Broncos secondary found out last year.

SmoothPancakes
08-29-2016, 12:09 PM
And the Butt Fumble experiment has fallen on its face. Broncos trying to trade Sanchez, may release him today or tomorrow if they can't. This season is gonna be a dumpster fire.

Rudy
08-29-2016, 12:26 PM
I thought signing Sanchez was smart. Still an inexpensive veteran backup. Why cut him? They are lucky they didn't trade for Kaep.

morsdraconis
08-29-2016, 12:31 PM
Guys on ESPN radio last night were talking about it. Apparently they REALLY like Trevor Siemian. It'll be interesting to say the least what happens. Honestly, I never subscribed to the vet backup philosophy, especially so when that vet is Sanchez and you aren't going to learn shit from him being on your bench.

Rudy
08-29-2016, 01:03 PM
The good thing about a veteran backup QB is they can help the starter AND they also don't need many reps to be ready during the year. The first string QB gets most snaps during the season so a rookie backup will have a harder time coming in to replace the starter if necessary.

SmoothPancakes
08-29-2016, 01:10 PM
I thought signing Sanchez was smart. Still an inexpensive veteran backup. Why cut him? They are lucky they didn't trade for Kaep.
Inexpensive, yes, but he has been largely useless in the preseason. When a rookie and a QB who has zero regular season starts, hell zero regular season pass attempts, are first and second on the depth chart over that inexpensive veteran, the veteran is pretty much useless.

Guys on ESPN radio last night were talking about it. Apparently they REALLY like Trevor Siemian. It'll be interesting to say the least what happens. Honestly, I never subscribed to the vet backup philosophy, especially so when that vet is Sanchez and you aren't going to learn shit from him being on your bench.
Yeah, the Broncos announced today that Trevor Siemian will be the starter week one against the Panthers. He's gonna be the first QB with 0 regular season pass attempts to start week 1 for the defending Super Bowl champs.

Rudy
08-29-2016, 01:57 PM
Bosa signs with the Chargers. This whole thing was so stupid. San Diego looks cheap. Asking for a deferred bonus and offset when no other number 3 pick had done that was dumb. And historically top five picks don't get cut early so offset is so meaningless. Instead you have a team and player with a lot of bad blood and a fan base that was trashing him.

souljahbill
08-29-2016, 02:31 PM
To be fair Pittsburgh did and likely will do that against majority of the teams they face this year. Even one as great as the Broncos secondary found out last year.

Trust me, my critique has 0 to due with that preseason game vs. the Steelers and everything to do with the fact that the Saints are just terrible.

skipwondah33
08-29-2016, 03:00 PM
Trust me, my critique has 0 to due with that preseason game vs. the Steelers and everything to do with the fact that the Saints are just terrible.Well I mean't your Defense may not be as bad

The Offense should be fine as long as Brees is protected and Ingram healthy.

ram29jackson
08-29-2016, 05:49 PM
Oh go suck on a goat.

lol well, thats a new one!

ram29jackson
08-29-2016, 05:53 PM
Trust me, my critique has 0 to due with that preseason game vs. the Steelers and everything to do with the fact that the Saints are just terrible.

you'll be sorry you said that

souljahbill
08-29-2016, 06:27 PM
No I won't

souljahbill
08-29-2016, 06:46 PM
Sorry. Double post.

SmoothPancakes
08-30-2016, 06:51 PM
Shit, I'm gonna be waiting a long ass time. Just got an email update from the Broncos. I'm only #35,960 on the waiting list for Broncos season tickets.

Maybe by 2050.....

souljahbill
08-30-2016, 06:58 PM
Shit, I'm gonna be waiting a long ass time. Just got an email update from the Broncos. I'm only #35,960 on the waiting list for Broncos season tickets.

Maybe by 2050.....

Do you think living in Ohio has anything to do with it?

SmoothPancakes
08-30-2016, 07:34 PM
Do you think living in Ohio has anything to do with it?
Nah, where I live doesn't have anything to do with it, it's just near impossible to get season tickets, such a tiny number ever become available each year. The list is first come, first served based on order that you registered. I only signed up maybe 6 or 7 years ago, gone up from 41,000 when I signed up and registered on the waiting list to 36,000.

I could probably have Jaguars season tickets tomorrow. :D

Teams like Broncos, Packers, probably Steelers, with extremely loyal fan bases, hell, season tickets are practically considered inheritance items, passed down in families over the years and generations, hence why so few season tickets are newly available to be purchased every year.

steelerfan
08-30-2016, 08:40 PM
I can assure you, yes, the waiting list for the Steelers is ridiculous. They've sold out every home game since 1970.

jaymo76
08-30-2016, 08:45 PM

Maybe by 2050.....

That's too funny. Three years ago, a rep from the Oakland Raiders contacted me to buy a season ticket package. He actually called me two years in a row. I was trying to explain to him that I lived in another country and was 2.5 hours away by plane. I guess he was desperate to sell his quota?

SmoothPancakes
08-30-2016, 09:15 PM
That's too funny. Three years ago, a rep from the Oakland Raiders contacted me to buy a season ticket package. He actually called me two years in a row. I was trying to explain to him that I lived in another country and was 2.5 hours away by plane. I guess he was desperate to sell his quota?
That got me wondering, so I went and looked. According to Wikipedia, quite a few teams have waiting lists of 30,000+.

Bears - 8,900+ names - 30+ years expected wait time

Broncos - 60,000+ names - 10-15 years

Packers - 123,000+ names - 30+ years wait

Saints have 70,000+ names, Patriots have 60,000+ names.

Here's the full list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_season_ticket_waiting_lists#Waiting_lists

steelerfan
08-30-2016, 09:42 PM
Interesting info, Smooth. It didn't surprise me that the one piece of data that they had on the Steelers was when the waiting list started and that it was the oldest list of any known list (1972).

souljahbill
08-30-2016, 09:56 PM
Yeah, Saints season tickets can get you laid. Depending on the seats, you can even get with someone out of your league.

ram29jackson
08-31-2016, 01:13 AM
No I won't

I guarantee you will.
If not sorry,still wrong.

bdoughty
08-31-2016, 05:15 AM
Yeah, Saints season tickets can get you laid. Depending on the seats, you can even get with someone out of your league.

It ain't called the "big easy" for shits and giggles.

souljahbill
08-31-2016, 05:33 AM
I guarantee you will.
If not sorry,still wrong.

The Saints aren't making the playoffs and will finish 3rd or 4th in the division.

Rudy
08-31-2016, 07:20 AM
Dolphins fans have no problems with waiting lists!

Teddy Bridgewater dislocating his knee is a bad blow for Minny. Some think he's overrated but I've followed @cianaf who has this website http://presnapreads.com/ and he looked at every throw from every starting QB last year. Bridgewater had the most unavoidable sacks last year in the NFL at 36 (sacks no QB has a chance on since his OL was bad). Conversely Josh McCown had the most avoidable sacks in the league yet he's praised as a good pocket QB. Avoiding sacks, making good decisions, etc are all important. Bridgewater scored well in a number of categories. Their is a QB catalogue with all kinds of stats you can buy. One of the big ones are how many yards QBs gained on throws that travel less than 2 yards downfield (largely swings and screens). Kirk Cousins had a TON of those yardage which boosted his stats incredibly. Cam Newton also led the league in failed receptions and yardage lost - these are plays where WRs dropped balls and killed his stats. Potential interceptions dropped also were tracked. I think Fitzpatrick threw over 30 interceptable passes last year.

The QB catalogue is only $3: http://presnapreads.com/pre-order-the-2016-pre-snap-reads-quarterback-catalogue/

Rudy
09-03-2016, 10:25 AM
Bradford traded to Vikings for a first rounder. If Sam stays healthy (big IF) I think this is good for Minny. If Teddy does recover they can trade Sam and get a pick back. I don't think Bradford is special but I do think he is solid (my opinion of him has improved after looking at certain numbers) . Injuries and bad teams have hurt him in the past. We shall see. It's a playoff calibre team imo.

jaymo76
09-03-2016, 02:39 PM
Bradford traded to Vikings for a first rounder. If Sam stays healthy (big IF) I think this is good for Minny. If Teddy does recover they can trade Sam and get a pick back. I don't think Bradford is special but I do think he is solid (my opinion of him has improved after looking at certain numbers) . Injuries and bad teams have hurt him in the past. We shall see. It's a playoff calibre team imo.

I don't know Rudy. Giving up a first round pick for an injury riddled vet who, outside of his first season has never really shown anything special. Plus, reports of him not being a very great teammate are still out there. Do you think having Bradford makes you SB eligible? Personally I don't think so.

steelerfan
09-03-2016, 02:45 PM
The Vikings got taken. And as if the 1st round pick in 2017 wasn't enough, there's also a confirmation 2018 pick that will be a 2-4, from what I hear.

souljahbill
09-03-2016, 02:46 PM
Yeah, I'm not giving up a 1st rounder for 1 year of Bradford. Brady or Brees or Rodgers, yeah, no question. Not Bradford.

SmoothPancakes
09-03-2016, 06:57 PM
Lmao, what a bunch of dumbasses the Vikings are. They absolutely freaked out, stupidly rushed to try and get a replacement and in the process got taken to the cleaners and bent over by the Eagles. Hell, even Madden isn't that stupid.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/sam-bradford-trade-vikings-eagles-madden-nfl-17/1nomsjydwk6h11fmgdjr0wxclj

jaymo76
09-03-2016, 07:47 PM
Lmao, what a bunch of dumbasses the Vikings are. They absolutely freaked out, stupidly rushed to try and get a replacement and in the process got taken to the cleaners and bent over by the Eagles. Hell, even Madden isn't that stupid.
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/sam-bradford-trade-vikings-eagles-madden-nfl-17/1nomsjydwk6h11fmgdjr0wxclj

I'm not too sure about that. Look at the trades thread at OS. LOL

SmoothPancakes
09-03-2016, 08:54 PM
I'm not too sure about that. Look at the trades thread at OS. LOL
Well, alright, you got me there. :D

ram29jackson
09-04-2016, 04:25 PM
The Vikings are going to tare things up.
If Bradford goes down,theyll go after Kaepernick. Theyll be in the playoffs no matter what.
10-6 to 12-4

SmoothPancakes
09-04-2016, 04:59 PM
If Bradford goes down,theyll go after Kaepernick. Theyll be in the playoffs no matter what.
10-6 to 12-4

And yet you claim to be some great intelligent person. :D

souljahbill
09-04-2016, 05:41 PM
10-6 to 12-4

2nd in division, possibly but they won't get into the playoffs nor will they win 10 games. Barring injuries, the 2nd place team in the NFC West and either the 2nd place team in the East or the Falcons will get in.

Rudy
09-04-2016, 09:08 PM
Developing timing with wide recievers doesn't happen over night but the Vikings are solid. That division is not strong. The Lions and Bears are bad and the Packers aren't super strong although they are probably the favourites.

ram29jackson
09-05-2016, 04:46 AM
2nd in division, possibly but they won't get into the playoffs nor will they win 10 games. Barring injuries, the 2nd place team in the NFC West and either the 2nd place team in the East or the Falcons will get in.

Vikings, Saints will get in.
Falcons might ( most likely will,averaging nearly 30 points a game)
Panthers wont make playoffs

souljahbill
09-05-2016, 05:00 AM
Vikings, Saints will get in.
Falcons might ( most likely will,averaging nearly 30 points a game)
Panthers wont make playoffs

1) Nope and DEFINITELY not
2) High likelihood
3) They will

Subject to change due to injuries

SmoothPancakes
09-08-2016, 09:40 PM
Well, this game has gone about how I figured.

Rudy
09-08-2016, 09:55 PM
CJ Anderson is the one fish that got away in free agency that left a big hole on Miami's roster. Don't know why Denver low balled his tender. Cost them a lot of money when they matched Miami's offer. I thought they would let him go. Miami may really regret letting Lamar Miller leave too. Vernon hurt but that money was so crazy most Dolphins fans didn't mind it.

SmoothPancakes
09-08-2016, 10:42 PM
I am feeling a LOT better about Denver after this second half. Despite a couple losses, the defense is still ferocious. And Trevor Siemian is actually not bad. He's a careful QB, but he can take chances when needed. He had a hell of a pass in the second half, throwing it into a bloody pinhole of space to complete a pass. He did throw a couple interceptions, but he should only get better as the season goes on. Plus Denver has finally found a running game thanks to the addition of a fullback.

Based on what the Broncos achieved last year with a 100% defense/0% offense ratio, I'm actually feeling better about their chances of having a good year.

SmoothPancakes
09-08-2016, 10:51 PM
I think the Broncos might be boned here. I'm not sure Gano is gonna miss a 50 yarder.

SmoothPancakes
09-08-2016, 10:52 PM
Holy shit! WIDE LEFT! WIDE LEFT! BRONCOS WIN!

morsdraconis
09-08-2016, 10:55 PM
lol, and the curse of the Super Bowl loser not making the playoffs the next year rears it's ugly head again. Panthers must be pissed after that loss to a Denver team that will be lucky to get 6 wins (sorry Smooth).

ram29jackson
09-09-2016, 04:19 AM
https://j.gifs.com/4xZBVg.gif

Rudy
09-11-2016, 08:13 PM
The Dolphins were the biggest underdogs this week and almost pulled off the upset. They had a 27 yard FG blocked and it killed when Stills dropped a 71 yard td pass in the first half. He was wide open, perfect throw and dropped the great deep throw at the ten or 15. Tough loss.

skipwondah33
09-12-2016, 08:00 AM
The Saints aren't making the playoffs and will finish 3rd or 4th in the division.SB, I think the Saints will be ok.

Tough game against New York next week, but at worst I see them at 2-2 going into the Bye. Even if the Defense doesn't improve, I see that Offense being difficult to stop by either of the upcoming teams about to face. Especially the Falcons who allowed Winston a career day.

souljahbill
09-12-2016, 06:11 PM
SB, I think the Saints will be ok.

Tough game against New York next week, but at worst I see them at 2-2 going into the Bye. Even if the Defense doesn't improve, I see that Offense being difficult to stop by either of the upcoming teams about to face. Especially the Falcons who allowed Winston a career day.

Glad you're optimistic.......because they're going to be bad this year.

cdj
09-12-2016, 11:37 PM
The Rams look terrible and that's even against the 49ers.

SmoothPancakes
09-12-2016, 11:56 PM
I was just about to come say that myself. This team sucks! They're getting their asses handed to them by the 49ers, who suck just as bad.

SmoothPancakes
09-13-2016, 12:33 AM
I have not seen a better, more accurate summary.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160913/a1c8f0dc85475f1aa21e3256ea7c39ab.jpg

That was a pure embarrassment for the Rams.

steelerfan
09-13-2016, 12:50 AM
Got what I expected from the Steelers tonight. Just stay healthy boys!

Rudy
09-13-2016, 04:49 AM
Did Jeff Fisher already get an extension? Will the number 1 pick on a horrible team see the field? Welcome to LA!

SmoothPancakes
09-13-2016, 07:03 AM
That really was ugly last night.

SmoothPancakes
09-14-2016, 06:01 AM
I'm sure most of you have probably already heard this, but this may just be the single greatest call by an announcer I have ever heard, called by Westwood One Radio's Kevin Harlan Monday night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYeU6aed0qk

SmoothPancakes
09-15-2016, 11:37 PM
No wonder the Bills lost tonight. Their coaches had something else on their minds. :D

SmoothPancakes
09-15-2016, 11:48 PM
:D :D

Rudy
09-18-2016, 01:20 PM
I really thought Miami had a good shot at winning today. Instead they are getting bitch slapped. Embarrassing!

Rudy
09-18-2016, 03:24 PM
At least they made it interesting. Miami's CBs suck though. Couldn't cover anything when Jimmy was throwing. Maxwell is stealing money.

steelerfan
09-18-2016, 03:29 PM
Steelers go to 2-0 with a big win over the Bungles. Glad to have that one under their belt.

souljahbill
09-18-2016, 06:24 PM
Saints are 0-2. Guess I was more right about the local sports football club than the guy in Oregon who said I was wrong about them. #YaDontSay

bdoughty
09-18-2016, 06:31 PM
and

Ram's Super Bowl Winner, The Indianapolis Colts are minutes away from also falling to 0-2.

skipwondah33
09-18-2016, 09:54 PM
Know there were jokes about Vikings trading for Bradford but he's looking good right now.

Going to have to because Peterson isn't look like he's coming back this game...or maybe next

ram29jackson
09-21-2016, 03:41 PM
Saints are 0-2. Guess I was more right about the local sports football club than the guy in Oregon who said I was wrong about them. #YaDontSay

you are a critical thinking adult,are you not?

care to tell me how two games define a season?
I'm not worried in the slightest. Since its staged and you cant tell,
It means they can create any outcome and youll buy it.

bdoughty
09-21-2016, 04:10 PM
Keep the staged, conspiracy bullshit to your thread. Talking football is fine but most of us are fed up with this "conspiracy theory" shit ending up in these threads.

Rudy
09-21-2016, 05:18 PM
I agree. No offence Ram butall arguments in this thread need to be about logic.

The Giants looked bad in the preseason but their high priced defence is much improved and with Cruz healthy and that rookie WR they are a good team. If theDolphins don't pound the Browns this weekend I will be really pissed. I hope Byron Maxwell tries to play within 5 yards of a WR in this game instead of setting up in the parking lot and not defending anything.

ram29jackson
09-22-2016, 03:30 AM
Keep the staged, conspiracy bullshit to your thread. Talking football is fine but most of us are fed up with this "conspiracy theory" shit ending up in these threads.

when the Saints are in the playoffs youll come up with a million coincidence excuses.

I'm the only one talking real football in the first place.

bdoughty
09-22-2016, 03:44 AM
when the Saints are in the playoffs youll come up with a million coincidence excuses.

I never said the Saints were or were not going to be in the playoffs to begin with.

http://i.imgur.com/bF7FpGj.gif

souljahbill
09-22-2016, 05:01 AM
you are a critical thinking adult,are you not?

care to tell me how two games define a season?
I'm not worried in the slightest. Since its staged and you cant tell,
It means they can create any outcome and youll buy it.

And I'm telling you that they won't. Listen to me.

They. Are. Terrible.

I'm so confident that they won't make the playoffs that I'd make a wager with you. Saints get in, I'll stop posting for 6 months. Saints fail to make it, you don't post for 6 months.

Put you theory where your mouth is. Put up or shut up.

bdoughty
09-22-2016, 03:41 PM
I'm so confident that they won't make the playoffs that I'd make a wager with you. Saints get in, I'll stop posting for 6 months. Saints fail to make it, you don't post for 6 months.

Put you theory where your mouth is. Put up or shut up.

Oh hell yeah.
Will Ram have the balls to take such a bet?
Will Ram honor the best if he loses?
Will Ram ever let that Asian Boy out of the trunk?

http://i.imgur.com/kTZQpju.gif

baseballplyrmvp
09-22-2016, 10:48 PM
Tune in next week. :popcorn:

steelerfan
09-22-2016, 11:15 PM
LOL Texans.

Rudy
09-23-2016, 05:21 AM
Belichik is the greatest coach of all time. It's maddening how he wins with almost anyone. That team does have more talent than often given credit for but third string qb and a shutout? Damn.

Rudy
09-25-2016, 05:40 PM
The Dolphins were awful. Embarrassing performance. Lucky Cleveland's new kicker missed three kicks.

At this point I believe Tannehill is solid bit nothing special. He's Alex Smith 2.0. Have to decide if it's easier to build a great team around him and win like Denver or Baltimore or if you try to swing for the fences for an elite QB. Personally, it's too hard to find those special qbs. I'll take being a good team like KC that can be in the mix. Too bad the Dolphins have a terrible running game to go with horrible run and pass defence. But at least we are young! Suh has been great. Couldn't imagine how bad the defence would be if he was gone.

Rudy
09-26-2016, 06:44 AM
Broncos QB went deep more. He had been missing out on big plays to start the year as he was being way too conservative from what I had read. This chart is cool. Wish I could see all the QB charts.

Wentz completed a lot of his passes under 5 yards. Simple screens and throws. The rollout and backbreaker to Sproles - not sure where that lands.

Same with the WR route stuff. You can really see what they run.

SmoothPancakes
09-26-2016, 09:05 AM
Trevor Siemian impresses me more and more every week. The Broncos never had a 4 touchdown game by a QB last season. Siemian, meanwhile, in his first career road game, comes into Cincinnati, plays like a seasoned vet, throws 4 touchdown passes, racks up 312 yards and protects the ball with no turnovers.

If Lynch is the future of the Broncos at QB, he's gonna have all the time he needs to learn and get ready, because Siemian has stepped into the shoes of Manning and taken over leadership of the team after Osweiler bolted for Houston.

I wonder if Osweiler is regretting that move now. :D

Rudy
09-26-2016, 12:38 PM
Brock's bank account regrets nothing! :)

I just hope the Dolphins don't stink up the joint on Thursday in Cinci. Both teams are 1-2 and the Dolphins were terrible yesterday. Miami has come out flat in every game. I do think part of it is Adam Gase's play calling has been a bit too conservative at the beginning of games (too many screen plays on third down, running on 2nd and 10 when we can't run well, etc). It's as though he's trying to protect his defence by eating clock. He needs to revert back to Gase the OC who is aggressive and doesn't think about the defence much when calling games. I think that Gase the HC hasn't been aggressive enough and maybe he has too much on his plate as a first year coach. At the same time Miami's talent level isn't doing him any favours.

Miami is the worst team in the league against the run. Byron Maxwell has been AWFUL at CB and leads a very weak unit. Their OL isn't opening enough holes in the run game and RT James got benched for getting Tannehill hit too much on Sunday. Some of these OL can only pass protect so when they suck at that why play them? Tannehill is like an Alex Smith. He can be very good when given time and a good supporting cast but struggles otherwise. I think it's probably easier to build up a great supporting cast around a solid, not elite QB than finding a special QB. Too hard to find the next great one.

skipwondah33
09-26-2016, 07:40 PM
Man, SB this Saints Offense always seems to be solid.

If they can just stop someone

souljahbill
09-26-2016, 07:59 PM
Man, SB this Saints Offense always seems to be solid.

If they can just stop someone
In other news, the sun is hot.

New season, same Saints,

Rudy
09-30-2016, 04:39 AM
Tannehill shit the bed tonight. The offence was hot garbage. Getting awful sick of this crap from Miami. The defence did a bad job on AJ Green but the offence is to blame for this loss. Unwatchable.

souljahbill
10-01-2016, 12:02 AM
Tannehill shit the bed tonight. The offence was hot garbage. Getting awful sick of this crap from Miami. The defence did a bad job on AJ Green but the offence is to blame for this loss. Unwatchable.

We should merge my Saints O with your Dolphins D.

Rudy
10-01-2016, 07:03 AM
The Dolphins D is still pretty bad. But we have a great punter!

souljahbill
10-01-2016, 09:09 AM
The Dolphins D is still pretty bad. But we have a great punter!

The Saints just need an average defense. Hell, below average would be an improvement over absolutely terrible.

bdoughty
10-02-2016, 05:36 PM
Ram Super Bowl Alert:

Indy is now 1-3. Now has a loss on two continents.

JB is partially redeemed with the Bills shutting out the Patriots on the road.

bdoughty
10-02-2016, 06:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/AuSPeQc.jpg

bdoughty
10-02-2016, 06:46 PM
Well that was premature, though based on how bad the Saints defensive is, avatar still stands. They were just gifted the game with two straight fumbles and a terrible drop.

skipwondah33
10-02-2016, 10:05 PM
It was 34-21, so I turned from Saints game.

Next thing I read about how Chargers drop another gamw while up 13-14 in 4th quarter lol

skipwondah33
10-03-2016, 10:01 PM
Good for Bradford and Vikings so far.

Win-win it appears could be for both Eagles and Vikings.

Rudy
10-04-2016, 07:38 AM
It's a huge win for the Eagles because I felt their off season plan was absolutely moronic. Sign Bradford to a fairly expensive extension and then give a career backup QB Chase Daniels $7M a year and then go out and trade up to get Wentz and create a massive logjam and waste of resources at one position. But one injury later and they scored big time and are 4-0 to boot.

No question this has been great for the Vikings too which can recoup that 1st rounder easily in the offseason for either Bradford or Teddy if/when they move one of them.

Rudy
10-04-2016, 12:52 PM
I kind of thought Shady McCoy was done. Going into his 8th season I did not expect much from him but I thought he looked really good against New England. He was still making guys miss and breaking tackles. He impressed me unfortunately.

I remember when Buffalo traded Alonso to Philly for McCoy I thought Philly won that deal since they got a defensive ROY and at a very cheap salary. But Alonso blew his knee out and has never been the same. His pass defence instincts are bad in Miami. Doesn't quite have the same speed and is a little too small in the middle too. Should probably move him over to weak side. His pass coverage is atrocious.

Rudy
10-09-2016, 02:41 PM
Miami is probably the worst team in the league. Soft and garbage. Top five pick for sure. Mike Tannenbaum needs to be fired. Not many building blocks on this team. Suh and Reshad Jones on defence. Maybe 3 players on offence. Trash everywhere.

bdoughty
10-09-2016, 04:47 PM
Miami is probably the worst team in the league. S

Did Cleveland get relegated to the MAC conference?

SmoothPancakes
10-09-2016, 08:04 PM
Did Cleveland get relegated to the MAC conference?
They could be. Hell, a majority of people in a recent poll believe the Buckeyes could beat the Browns.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17738333/poll-shows-fans-believe-ohio-state-buckeyes-beat-cleveland-browns

Rudy
10-09-2016, 08:26 PM
If the Browns didn't miss three FGs against Miami they would have beat them. And Miami plays Pittsburgh next week too. This will be bad.

ram29jackson
10-12-2016, 02:36 AM
Ram Super Bowl Alert:

Indy is now 1-3. Now has a loss on two continents.

JB is partially redeemed with the Bills shutting out the Patriots on the road.

2-3

I picked Buffalo too

Rudy
10-14-2016, 02:16 PM
Some may not like PFF ratings and I find them to be inconsistent sometimes. They don't use the All 22 camera that shows more of the plays since they are in a rush to get their ratings done as well.

Bleacher Report has their NFL 1000 lists where they grade players every week. Here is a spreadsheet of the season rankings through week 5 if anyone is interested.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r4mbNv3cOgruZG8wan6yIVyFpr-g7-QAuwGLjrC4NtE/edit#gid=664121110

skipwondah33
10-16-2016, 03:04 PM
Made the Dolphins awful run game look amazing.

Made a to this point horrible pass protection look even more amazing.

...and more injuries.

Rudy
10-16-2016, 03:05 PM
Not sure what team was wearing the Dolphins uniforms today but a nice win outside of a terrible kicker and some bad penalties and drops.

skipwondah33
10-16-2016, 11:22 PM
Roethlisberger has a torn meniscus

Having surgery Monday.

Going into this game after I heard the announcers pre-game say "he's playing some of his best football of his career up to this point", thought to myself he always is every year, just ends up getting hurt early in season....well.

The injuries keep coming. Landry...who won the job by default will be behind a at times leaky OL..against the Patriots..

Rudy
10-20-2016, 02:26 PM
Bleacher Report Week 6 cumulative rankings: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ucLLQ8V70TA0gs5JaO_HSWrluMLMMMXAv0g8oxQ24nI/edit#gid=1668313099

The team rankings should not be taken too seriously since they are just average grades and not weighted more. So punters have the same effect as QB but it's just a generic tool.

Rudy
10-20-2016, 09:05 PM
The NFL donates next to nothing from pink sales to breast cancer. NFL is such a piece of crap some times. Especially when they let losers like the Giants kicker off with a slap on the wrist after he beats up women. But let's make a big deal about kneeling during the anthem and celebrating Tds! Those are the real problems!

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/the-nfls-pink-october-does-not-raise-money-for-cancer-research

steelerfan
10-20-2016, 09:12 PM
The NFL donates next to nothing from pink sales to breast cancer. NFL is such a piece of crap some times. Especially when they let losers like the Giants kicker off with a slap on the wrist after he beats up women. But let's make a big deal about kneeling during the anthem and celebrating Tds! Those are the real problems!

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/the-nfls-pink-october-does-not-raise-money-for-cancer-research
TV ratings are down 11% this year. There's a hundred reasons for that.

SmoothPancakes
10-20-2016, 11:07 PM
Every company is a piece of shit with this pink for breast cancer crap. These companies couldn't give a shit, all they see of it is "hey, lets slap a pink ribbon on as many products as we can and try to increase our sales by getting fucking idiots to buy our shit just because it has a pink ribbon on it!"

Fuck this pink ribbon shit. In fact, I'm tired of hearing about breast cancer in general. Everyone trips over themselves to go on and on about beating breast cancer, what about every other fucking cancer? Breast cancer gets the most funding every single year, yet has the highest survival rate. Yet companies couldn't give two shits about raising money for colon cancer, prostate cancer, brain cancer, childhood cancer, lung cancer, which is so fucking stigmatized because of smokers, yet my own mom, who has never had a cigarette a day in her life, has a rare genetic lung cancer that pretty much can never be beaten.

The cancer can't be removed via operation, radiation and chemo might beat it back, it will never go away. Right now targeted pills are the only thing keeping the cancer in check, the first pill already failed earlier this year after two years, allowing the cancer to start to come back this summer, there's the second pill she's currently on which appears to be beating back the cancer for now, though we wont know for certain until her next CT and MRI scans in December, then nothing but various medical trials for possible future pills. Other than that, she's going to die of this cancer no matter what she does, and it could happen in as little as a year or as long as a decade. We have no clue. The first pill and hope of it working a long time lasted all of two years.

But literally zero companies give a fuck about lung cancer awareness month (which is November), but you'll sure as fuck hear from every single fucking company in this country about breast cancer awareness month and their need to plaster a fucking pink ribbon on every fucking thing they possibly can so they can take monetary advantage of people who feel they're such great Christians by buying products with pink ribbons on them.

Fuck this month.

Rudy
10-21-2016, 04:31 AM
Sorry to hear about your mom Smooth. Hopefully she can continue fighting this thing successfully.

souljahbill
10-21-2016, 05:10 AM
Smooth, sorry about your mom, dude. That sucks.

bdoughty
10-21-2016, 05:51 AM
Stay strong Smooth and I hope that your mom kicks cancer in the ass.

skipwondah33
10-21-2016, 07:45 AM
Sorry to hear that Smooth.

My family has a history of breast cancer unfortunately. My Aunt passed about 7 years ago from it after it wasn't diagnosed correctly. Left behind a 3-yd old daughter at the time which sucked because they were very close. Had another Aunt battle breast cancer twice but she is doing well.

Wife's grandmother also recently passed 2 years ago.

So it hits home with me.

SmoothPancakes
10-21-2016, 09:23 AM
Sorry to hear that Smooth.

My family has a history of breast cancer unfortunately. My Aunt passed about 7 years ago from it after it wasn't diagnosed correctly. Left behind a 3-yd old daughter at the time which sucked because they were very close. Had another Aunt battle breast cancer twice but she is doing well.

Wife's grandmother also recently passed 2 years ago.

So it hits home with me.
Sorry man, I don't mean to make light of breast cancer or act like it's never deadly. I just felt the need to vent last night. It does sort of get under my skin the hypocrisy if how much every company in this country trips over themselves to exploit whole pink ribbon thing on their products for breast cancer awareness month, but then completely ignore every other cancer.

I never see any products with ribbons on them for childhood cancer awareness month, for lung cancer awareness month, for prostate, colon, brain cancer awareness month, etc. But come October, watch the pink ribbons appear on everything.

While breast cancer can still be fatal, on the other hand, it really does have high survival rates, far higher than most, if not all other cancers, and it rakes in the most donations and research funding every single year. Yet from what my mom has discovered, just to even get lung cancer funding for studies and research, companies have to practically fight each other over grants and donations because they get so much less money compared to breast cancer or other cancers.

So it really gets to me when I see everyone trip over themselves over pink ribbons, while it's so damn hard for other cancers to get money to be researched, especially when one of those drastically underfunded cancers will at some point be the cause of my mom's death. She has no hope, right now, at least of beating it. The cancer is in the tissue and lining around her lungs, so even something extreme like a lung transplant wouldn't even get rid of the cancer. It's something that literally is only being held in check right now by pills designed to specifically target the cancer, but as the pills become less effective, as we found out this summer with her first pill, the cancer comes back quickly.

In fact, she's now considered stage 4 because it had started to appear in her brain, which is a serious advancement of the cancer. The new pill she started in August seems to be battling the cancer, she's about back to where she was last year, but until the scans in December, we can't know for sure if those two small spots that showed up in her brain are going away or not because of the new pill. And if the pill isn't working as well as needed, there's not many options left. Maybe a couple random trials of experimental drugs, and then just radiation and chemo and that's it. And as depressing it is to accept, this cancer is a death sentence, there is no waking up one day and it's gone for good. It's basically just how long can medicine keep it in check and keep her health up long enough to at least continue living a semi-normal life for the time being. No matter what, at some point in the future, the house of cards is going to come crashing down. So while dealing with all this, it's frustrating as hell to see funding for research of this cancer be such a struggle, while breast cancer and others pull in tens and hundreds of millions of dollars in donations and funding practically overnight. Granted it's probably not something most people think about or realize, but when you're experiencing it firsthand while a family member fights to stay alive as long as possible, the inherent unfairness in the ways funding is raised and cancer is researched in this country just pisses me off.

SmoothPancakes
10-21-2016, 09:31 AM
And thanks guys. Sorry to briefly hijack this thread, just sort of boiled over and venter last night when reminded of how the NFL and other companies whore out their products with pink for breast cancer, and yet don't do shit with the money.

If I've come across testy at times in posts since July, that's likely the reason why, just been a rough couple months. Started end of July when the cancer came back, she needed to get a buildup of fluid drained from her lung and then ended up in the hospital for two days due to breathing issues and a discovered blood clot. She's now hooked up to a home oxygen machine because the cancer has weakened and damaged her lungs to a point where her blood oxygen levels off of oxygen end up in the low to mid 80s (we should be mid to upper 90s, low 90s at the absolute worst).

She unfortunately had to abandon her first pill, which only lasted 2 years of effectiveness. And now it's waiting to see how effective this pill is going to be, which we'll find out early December when she has her next CT and MRI scans. So all of this has just been a massive drain on me and at times has made me, while not constantly, a bit more pissed off at life and in general in terms of mood over the last 3 months.

skipwondah33
10-21-2016, 10:40 AM
Ah I didn't take it like that man, just posted that to say I understood where you were coming from. Cancer in general is just terrible. Every kind of it. Especially hits hard when it effects children. Every form of it needs funded and the attention EVERY month, like real funding. Not too long ago it was found that the biggest breast cancer foundation wasn't really spending money on a cure but the higher up staff were making millions of dollars and spending on everything but cure research.

It's ridiculous the cost of treatment also. My wife's grandmother had to decide not to pay bills just to afford her experimental treatment (she only baby sat a few times here and then, lost all of her money from family members), until she got to a point and said the hell with it, it's not going to save me so she stopped it. Having to call her nieces and nephews to borrow money for either medicine or just anything...shit was terrible. Pretty hard to slowly watch that, but she never complained.

So many relatives have had other cancers as well...colon cancer, leukemia, etc. Hell Dr told me that I had to start being screened for colon cancer in a few years based on my race and family history. Earlier than others I guess.

Definitely understand your frustrations and feelings with this. Truly believe the stat/story on how someone either is directly affected or knows someone who is by cancer.

bdoughty
10-21-2016, 11:56 PM
I might add that at least cancer research as a whole gets funded pretty well. Where are the 2K runs to support Wegener's Granulomatosis? Ribbons? I would take a balloon at this point. Get a rare uncurable disease named after a Nazi doctor and the best science can so do is change the name to (GPA) Granulomatosis with polyangiitis, as to not offend anyone with our affliction. We have a message board and it was once mentioned in an episode of House.

Rudy
10-23-2016, 03:04 PM
Jay Ajayi with back to back 200 rushing yard games! Defence played very well today too. Miami looked good the last two weeks. Very happy. And those throwbacks are awesome and should be the permanent uniforms.

steelerfan
10-23-2016, 03:49 PM
It's going to be a long day but this was funny.

http://es.pn/2exboQm

Rudy
10-23-2016, 04:41 PM
That was funny.

Rudy
10-23-2016, 05:18 PM
The Jarvis Landry hit on the Bills safety is going to be talked about a lot. Honestly, the outcome is what was awful. He didn't go low or hit with his crown. He caught the safety not looking and hit him hard with his shoulder to the head. He should have gone lower and that hit might have ended this kids career. Hopefully the player is OK but he has a history of neck injuries so this is extra bad. Landry felt bad after the game but it wasn't a Burfict type play imo.

baseballplyrmvp
10-23-2016, 10:38 PM
This is the worst offensive performance I can remember in a long time for Seattle. Reminds me of when Tavares Jackson was QB.

Rudy
10-24-2016, 08:17 PM
The Jarvis Landry hit on the Bills safety is going to be talked about a lot. Honestly, the outcome is what was awful. He didn't go low or hit with his crown. He caught the safety not looking and hit him hard with his shoulder to the head. He should have gone lower and that hit might have ended this kids career. Hopefully the player is OK but he has a history of neck injuries so this is extra bad. Landry felt bad after the game but it wasn't a Burfict type play imo.

After further review Landry's hit was worse than I initially thought. His eyes probably lit up because he saw the defender not looking. But that is precisely when you can't hit a player in the head. He should have delivered that shot to the body. Plus he left his feet. Thankfully the Bills player seems alright. Landry probably going to get fined heavily.

steelerfan
10-24-2016, 08:21 PM
After further review Landry's hit was worse than I initially thought. His eyes probably lit up because he saw the defender not looking. But that is precisely when you can't hit a player in the head. He should have delivered that shot to the body. Plus he left his feet. Thankfully the Bills player seems alright. Landry probably going to get fined heavily.
I hear Arian Foster is retiring.

Rudy
10-24-2016, 09:02 PM
He just did! None of the beat reporters or anyone else on the outside saw it coming. He was banged up and looked old. With the emergence of Ajayi it actually is a positive since they will stop giving Foster carries and give more to the young guys. Saves some money too.

He was good in the locker room and had a very good career but his body was done. He couldn't stay healthy and was no longer productive. One beat reporter said he was a bit like Ricky Williams in that he enjoyed talking about non football stuff more than football. He saw the writing on the wall and his heart wasn't in it after battling groin and hamstring issues.

steelerfan
10-25-2016, 05:04 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161025/d5df68a80e2f2355e0fe742c27bbf43b.jpg

:D

Rudy
10-25-2016, 05:35 PM
So true. Denver has to feel good he chose Houston. That Simien kid isn't a great player(at least yet) but he's better and dirt cheap!

steelerfan
10-25-2016, 06:01 PM
So true. Denver has to feel good he chose Houston. That Simien kid isn't a great player(at least yet) but he's better and dirt cheap!
I saw last night that Osweiler is completing 28% of his passes that travel 15 yards or more. He's basically shit, unless he's throwing 14 yards or less. That's awful!

Rudy
10-25-2016, 07:28 PM
He panics in the pocket and doesn't take advantage when he does have time. Looks like a rookie out there. I guess if you are a tall white dude with a good arm they overlook everything else. The horrible evaluations of qbs by so called smart football people is baffling.

I haven't watched him play much but it sort of reminds me when Miami traded a second rounder for AJ Feeley from Philly. He was awful and made horrible decisions. Barely resembled a QB. Miami has wasted a ton of second round picks on qbs the last ten years. Culpepper, Feeley, John Beck, Pat White. I may be missing someone too.

SmoothPancakes
10-30-2016, 02:05 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, your Cleveland Browns.

steelerfan
10-30-2016, 02:16 PM
Fucking morons. :D

SmoothPancakes
10-30-2016, 02:48 PM
Get ready for Dildo-Gate!

Rudy
10-30-2016, 07:39 PM
I hope Wade Phillips is ok. A classy coach. Didn't see the hit. Just saw someone gettingcarr d out (had lots of family over). Didn't even realize it was him.

SmoothPancakes
10-31-2016, 02:13 PM

SmoothPancakes
10-31-2016, 02:14 PM

Rudy
10-31-2016, 02:41 PM
And Pats trade Collins. Crazy. Cleveland must plan on resigning him or applying franchise tag. Wierd.

souljahbill
10-31-2016, 03:32 PM
And Pats trade Collins. Crazy. Cleveland must plan on resigning him or applying franchise tag. Wierd.

That hurt my heart as Collins is a :Southern_Miss: grad and Cleveland sucks (in football).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmoothPancakes
10-31-2016, 04:08 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland goes 0-16. The Jets were pretty much their best hope of a win.

steelerfan
10-31-2016, 05:30 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland goes 0-16. The Jets were pretty much their best hope of a win.

It would be hilarious if the Cavs and Indians are both champions and the fucking Clowns can't even win one goddamn game. [emoji38]

JBHuskers
11-01-2016, 04:24 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161025/d5df68a80e2f2355e0fe742c27bbf43b.jpg

No one is probably laughing more than Matt.

steelerfan
11-06-2016, 01:39 PM
Steelers yardage in the first half:

Total Offense: 66
Penalties: 84

:fp:

SmoothPancakes
11-06-2016, 02:22 PM

:nod:

Rudy
11-06-2016, 03:34 PM
Dolphins win again. Ajayi over 100 yards. Tons of penalties in this game. I'll take the win.

steelerfan
11-06-2016, 03:46 PM
Dolphins win again. Ajayi over 100 yards. Tons of penalties in this game. I'll take the win.
Steelers game had 23 penalties for 193 yards. That game was nearly unwatchable.

SmoothPancakes
11-06-2016, 04:32 PM
How about that trick onside kick? :D

steelerfan
11-06-2016, 07:54 PM
How about that trick onside kick? :D

Yeah. Catastrophe.

Thank goodness for the Colts fake punt against the Patriots a couple years ago. If not for it, this onside kick may be in the running for worst special teams play in league history. :fp:

steelerfan
11-13-2016, 03:17 PM
Ouch.

Saints invent a new way to lose. And to add insult to injury, I'd lean towards thinking that Denver player stepped out but you can't say for sure so it stands.

Sorry, Bill. Ouch.

souljahbill
11-13-2016, 03:48 PM
Ouch.

Saints invent a new way to lose. And to add insult to injury, I'd lean towards thinking that Denver player stepped out but you can't say for sure so it stands.

Sorry, Bill. Ouch.

No need to apologize, my friend. I told everyone the Saints would suck this year and surprisingly, they're only below average.

SmoothPancakes
11-13-2016, 03:52 PM
Yeah, that was damn close. They really gotta get more cameras in these damn stadiums, for as large as they are. But, it wasn't clear enough to overturn, nor to say it was confirmed, so it's just simply, play stands.

Ugly, ugly, ugly ass win, one the Broncos probably had no business winning other than for a lucky, well timed leap and PAT block and poor camera angles, but I'll take it.

Rudy
11-13-2016, 04:42 PM
Unreal finish to that game. Miami down at the half and can't run. Let's open it up a little.

SmoothPancakes
11-13-2016, 06:22 PM
Pittsburgh may have just made a mistake not calling timeout there before the 2 minute warning. First down for Dallas, well within field goal range, you call timeout, force them to run a play, the two minute warning and a timeout after, you conceivably get Dallas to 4th down with over 1:40 on the clock.

SmoothPancakes
11-13-2016, 06:23 PM
Well, it doesn't matter now, Cowboys score a touchdown on the first play. I wonder if that was designed by the Steelers. They now get the ball with 1:55, two timeouts and a touchdown wins.

bdoughty
11-13-2016, 06:38 PM
For fuck sake Pittsburgh. :fp:

SmoothPancakes
11-13-2016, 06:39 PM
Holy shit this ending! Steelers drive down and score, now Elliot with a big touchdown run to give the Cowboys the lead right back with 9 seconds left. 7th lead change of the game, Dallas leads 35-30. Both teams combined for 6 two point tries, and all 6 were no good.

bdoughty
11-13-2016, 06:45 PM
At least try an throw the ball to another player instead of running out of bounds. Phone is ringing off the hook with Cowboys ready to gloat.

SmoothPancakes
11-13-2016, 06:45 PM
And Dallas is your winner, 35-30, in an ending that saw 3 touchdowns and 3 lead changes in the final 2 minutes of the game.

steelerfan
11-13-2016, 06:49 PM
:fp:

SmoothPancakes
11-13-2016, 11:01 PM
Haha! Fuck the Patriots! And fuck Gronk, fucking mugging the DB in the end zone then when the game losing 4th down pass falls incomplete, acting like that cock sucker should get a flag for pass interference. Should have been an OPI flag maybe, but DPI, yeah fucking right. Go cry some more ya bitch.

steelerfan
11-13-2016, 11:39 PM
Haha! Fuck the Patriots! And fuck Gronk, fucking mugging the DB in the end zone then when the game losing 4th down pass falls incomplete, acting like that cock sucker should get a flag for pass interference. Should have been an OPI flag maybe, but DPI, yeah fucking right. Go cry some more ya bitch.

Every word is correct.

skipwondah33
11-15-2016, 01:54 PM
Steelers DE Cam Heyward out for season with torn pec muscle.

Damn it

steelerfan
11-15-2016, 06:19 PM
Steelers DE Cam Heyward out for season with torn pec muscle.

Damn it
:down:

Rudy
11-20-2016, 07:09 PM
The Dolphins pulled another one out of their ass today. I'm happy the defence has looked better lately. But they are missing three starters on the OL now. Hopefully Tunsil and/or Albert come back soon. Tired of Mike Pouncey's hips always flaring up. Fourth time in three years. He's a solid player but at $9M a year and missing half the games is gong to get him cut in the off season. An offence can't run well missing three starters. The Dolphins don't have the talent and depth to overcome a lot of injuries.

bdoughty
11-21-2016, 05:45 AM
http://i.imgur.com/R04NlgN.jpg

SmoothPancakes
11-27-2016, 11:37 PM
Go fuck yourself defense. Why not go for another fucking defensive penalty. Who cares that the game is over, why let that stop you? Lets just keep the fucking flags flying! You sure as fucking did during the fucking game! Way to go, just pissed away any chance at the fucking division. Hell, you might not even make the fucking playoffs now, not with games against the Pats, Chiefs and Raiders still to come. Yeah, lets kick a fucking 62 yard field goal with a minute left in OT and gift KC the fucking ball at your own fucking 48 fuccking yard line when all thry need is a fucking field goal to win the fucking game! Fuck you! Thank god you don't play the fuckkng Browns this year, cause you'd fucking lose that game too!

souljahbill
11-28-2016, 04:56 AM
Go fuck yourself defense. Why not go for another fucking defensive penalty. Who cares that the game is over, why let that stop you? Lets just keep the fucking flags flying! You sure as fucking did during the fucking game! Way to go, just pissed away any chance at the fucking division. Hell, you might not even make the fucking playoffs now, not with games against the Pats, Chiefs and Raiders still to come. Yeah, lets kick a fucking 62 yard field goal with a minute left in OT and gift KC the fucking ball at your own fucking 48 fuccking yard line when all thry need is a fucking field goal to win the fucking game! Fuck you! Thank god you don't play the fuckkng Browns this year, cause you'd fucking lose that game too!

Breathe

Rudy
11-28-2016, 10:20 AM
My Dolphins notched another one. Big game at Baltimore this week as they are competition for a playoff spot. Hopeful we will get at least 1 of 3 starting OL back from injury.

steelerfan
11-28-2016, 12:40 PM
My Dolphins notched another one. Big game at Baltimore this week as they are competition for a playoff spot. Hopeful we will get at least 1 of 3 starting OL back from injury.
Please beat Baltimore. Please.

SmoothPancakes
11-28-2016, 12:41 PM
Hope yoy get to enjoy the playoffs Rudy. God knows the Dolphins deserve it more than that shit show of a team in Denver.

Rudy
11-28-2016, 07:57 PM

Lots of reasons for us to beat Baltimore. One of them is shutting up Mike Wallace. Won't be easy but I hope we do. Huge playoff implications.

steelerfan
12-05-2016, 12:31 AM

Lots of reasons for us to beat Baltimore. One of them is shutting up Mike Wallace. Won't be easy but I hope we do. Huge playoff implications.
Thanks for showing up prepared, Miami. :(

Rudy
12-05-2016, 04:14 AM
That bubble got popped in a hurry. Have to play a lot better next couple weeks.

souljahbill
12-05-2016, 04:36 AM
Just for the record, I'm winning the "Saints won't make the playoffs" bet with Ram.

Rudy
12-15-2016, 01:03 PM
Bleacher Report NFL Rankings by Position in web based format and sortable by position.
https://rudyjuly2.shinyapps.io/brweek13/

Rudy
12-19-2016, 07:20 AM
Sorry Smooth. It looks like it's Miami or Denver for that final spot and that loss by Denver helped Miami huge. Miami can clinch by beating Buffalo in Buffalo Christmas Eve. Miami still is not a great team despite a 9-5 record but I'm happy. There really aren't that many great teams in this league at all. I think NE is the best of the AFC but without Gronk they are vulnerable.

Siemien doesn't look too bad for Denver but man it seems his WRs were killing him yesterday. I just watched part of the game but they were either dropping passes or not getting open and yet people are blaming the QB for that. The defense played well enough too. And being one dimensional on offense with a QB that needs a little help is a recipe for disaster.

cdj
12-24-2016, 09:01 PM
Figures that Oakland would be having a great season, only for Carr to go out for the year. Dang.

steelerfan
12-24-2016, 09:45 PM
Figures that Oakland would be having a great season, only for Carr to go out for the year. Dang.
Now we just need Brady to go down, to clear the path for Pittsburgh. ;)

jaymo76
12-24-2016, 10:33 PM

Almost brought me to tears. I like McGloin but the post season is already over if Carr doesn't return.

Rudy
12-25-2016, 04:34 AM
Dolphins played a very exciting game yesterday that showed almost no defence and squeaked out another close win. Playoffs almost clinched.

steelerfan
12-25-2016, 06:54 PM
Steelers win the AFC North and a hearty, "Fuck you, Baltimore!"

Rudy
12-26-2016, 03:52 AM
Dolphins in the playoffs! Likely to play in Pittsburgh.

steelerfan
12-26-2016, 04:20 PM
Dolphins in the playoffs! Likely to play in Pittsburgh.
That's the way it is looking. If Pittsburgh can win at home against Miami, they'll head to Oakland to play the Carr-less Raiders.

Rudy
12-27-2016, 03:54 AM
The Raiders without Carr can still be dangerous as that OL is really good but they won't scare anyone now. Patriots look like the clear favourites.

steelerfan
12-27-2016, 11:14 AM
Patriots look like the clear favourites.

Yes, they do. But they look like that almost every year and, obviously, they don't always get to the Super Bowl.

Rudy
12-27-2016, 02:18 PM
Patriots have really struggled getting to the SB when they don't get home field advantage. And without Gronk and Jamie Collins they are not an elite team imo. They could still smoke Miami this Sunday but Miami has over achieved.

steelerfan
12-28-2016, 08:30 PM
https://youtu.be/YNvfZKGqePI

souljahbill
01-01-2017, 06:54 PM
Saints didn't make the playoffs. I won the bet against Ram. 6 more months added onto his time served.

Crazy how a local knows more about the local ball club than someone 2 time zones away.

cdj
01-02-2017, 12:48 AM
Playoff schedule announced.

WILD-CARD ROUND

Saturday, Jan. 7
AFC: No. 5 Oakland Raiders at No. 4 Houston Texans (4:35 p.m., ESPN/ABC)
NFC: No. 6 Detroit Lions at No. 3 Seattle Seahawks (8:15 p.m., NBC)

Sunday, Jan. 8
AFC: No. 6 Miami Dolphins at No. 3 Pittsburgh Steelers (1:05 p.m., CBS)
NFC: No. 5 New York Giants at No. 4 Green Bay Packers (4:40 p.m., FOX)

DIVISIONAL ROUND

Saturday, Jan. 14
NFC: Packers/Giants/Seahawks at No. 2 Atlanta Falcons (4:35 p.m., FOX)
AFC: Texans/Raiders/Dolphins at No. 1 New England Patriots (8:15 p.m., CBS)

Sunday, Jan. 15
AFC: Steelers/Texans/Raiders at No. 2 Kansas City Chiefs (1:15 p.m., NBC)
NFC: Packers/Lions/Giants at No. 1 Dallas Cowboys (4:40 p.m., FOX)

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

Sunday, Jan. 22
NFC Championship Game: Packers/Lions/Giants/Cowboys winner vs. Packers/Giants/Seahawks/Falcons winner, 3:05 p.m. (FOX)
AFC Championship Game: Texans/Raiders/Dolphins/Patriots winner vs. Steelers/Texans/Raiders/Chiefs winner, 6:40 p.m. (CBS)

SUPER BOWL LI

Sunday, Feb. 5 AFC winner vs. NFC winner, 6:30 p.m. (FOX)

Who do you have emerging?

Rudy
01-02-2017, 04:07 AM
Dolphins biggest underdog next weekend.

skipwondah33
01-05-2017, 01:43 PM
SB, I think the Saints will be ok.

Well Bill I was wrong about the Saints...they weren't ok lol

Was right about not many being able to stop their Offense and Brees though haha.

Finished
1st in Team Yardage per game
1st in Total Pass Yards per game
2nd in Total Points (behind Atlanta)
2nd in Points per game (behind Atlanta)
1st in First Downs per game
1st in 3rd Down conversion pct
2nd in 4th Down conversion pct

Good gracious judging off that you would think they wouldn't have lost a game...but then taking a gander at that Defense. They had trouble stopping a parked car.

souljahbill
01-05-2017, 03:49 PM
Well Bill I was wrong about the Saints...they weren't ok lol

Was right about not many being able to stop their Offense and Brees though haha.

Finished
1st in Team Yardage per game
1st in Total Pass Yards per game
2nd in Total Points (behind Atlanta)
2nd in Points per game (behind Atlanta)
1st in First Downs per game
1st in 3rd Down conversion pct
2nd in 4th Down conversion pct

Good gracious judging off that you would think they wouldn't have lost a game...but then taking a gander at that Defense. They had trouble stopping a parked car.

The defense would automatically be better if the Saints attempted to run the ball more often. The D sucks but passing the ball all the time keeps the defense on the field.

steelerfan
01-07-2017, 10:49 AM
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/cam-heyward-message-to-steeler-nation/

steelerfan
01-08-2017, 02:33 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170108/5ec3942c2741e2b99cef9031a8fed4bf.jpg

Rudy
01-08-2017, 03:20 PM
That was ugly. Miami didn't force a punt until the fourth quarter. I thought they had a chance to keep it close until Moore fumbled on those possessions around halftime. Steelers pass rush harassed Moore pretty good. But Dolphins defence was terrible. Couldn't get Ajayi going either.

steelerfan
01-08-2017, 04:15 PM
That was ugly. Miami didn't force a punt until the fourth quarter. I thought they had a chance to keep it close until Moore fumbled on those possessions around halftime. Steelers pass rush harassed Moore pretty good. But Dolphins defence was terrible. Couldn't get Ajayi going either.
It was ugly. Pittsburgh had their way.

It's off to Arrowhead now. The Steelers crushed KC at Heinz Field on SNF 43-14 in Week 4. That means about as much as the Dolphins home win over Pittsburgh in Week 6, at this point.

Arrowhead is a VERY tough place to play but I think the Steelers have a good chance to pull out a win there. We'll see what happens.

steelerfan
01-08-2017, 07:12 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170109/ad8b2ba32c428cbffea59b29b0052638.jpg

souljahbill
01-08-2017, 07:47 PM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rudy
01-09-2017, 09:10 AM
Keep reading about blow out loss to Green Bay by the Giants but the Giants could have easily won that game. Yes, the final score is a blow out score but there were a few plays that were crucial in that game. OBJ dropping a TD pass and another crucial 3rd down conversion cost the Giants quite a few points. The Hail Mary at the end of the half sucked too. And the Giants kick returner catching the ball and going out of bounds at the 5? Are you an idiot? That 38-13 game could have been a Giants victory if some of them hadn't been too stupid.

Those WRs of the Giants shouldn't have been partying in Miami. Not sure how big a deal that was from a game prep standpoint but it's the perception that fuels a lot of crap. Same thing happened with Romo in Mexico with Jessica Simpson and that was on a bye week for him! Bill Parcells told Phil Simms to always be a leader. If that means walking across the weight room with film and then locking a room door shut and napping he was happy. Perception and leadership are required sometimes.

cdj
01-11-2017, 08:55 PM

LA didn't even want the Rams, now they get the Chargers, too. :dunno:

Rudy
01-12-2017, 05:25 AM
The One franchise they do want is the Raiders and they are heading to Vegas? The NFL is great at only caring about money.

SmoothPancakes
01-12-2017, 10:47 AM
First thing, since I'm catching up from a month and a half ago, while they got bent over by the Steelers last weekend, congrats Rudy on Miami making the playoffs. Hopefully the Dolphins can build on this season and start contending in the future.

I knew when the Broncos lost to the Chiefs on SNF back on November 27th that they were eliminated. It may have taken until Christmas weekend for all the official sources and sites to eliminate them, but with games against the Patriots, Chiefs and Raiders still to go after that night, I knew they had no chance and considered them eliminated after that night.

Considering they then went and added a loss to the Titans two weeks later (after barely beating Jacksonville), I was right! They were dead in the water after that Chiefs game.

Only thing I'm pissed about is they then go and beat the Raiders last game of the season and screw their draft pick number. :fp:

SmoothPancakes
01-12-2017, 10:53 AM
So myself and Rudy have been discussing the new Chargers logo on Twitter.

Rudy likes it, I'm not that fond of it, I think someone went the super lazy route and just tacked a lightning bolt onto the LA Dodgers logo.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170112/0e8ae30c163dc5bfad3f81f126831d5a.jpg

Based on a solid blue and white logo, I assume the Chargers are abandoning their current color scheme (Rudy mentioned something about them considering rebranding) and going with a blue and white color scheme in LA.

Rudy
01-12-2017, 12:57 PM
I do like the logo.

I think this whole scenario is terrible. The Chargers fans are pissed and LA doesn't want them either. The Spanos family is awful! I wouldn't cut those losers any public money either. San Diego is the #17 TV market. But the NFL loves to have at least one target destination to twist other cities into giving them public money.

jaymo76
01-13-2017, 11:28 PM
So myself and Rudy have been discussing the new Chargers logo on Twitter.

Rudy likes it, I'm not that fond of it, I think someone went the super lazy route and just tacked a lightning bolt onto the LA Dodgers logo.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170112/0e8ae30c163dc5bfad3f81f126831d5a.jpg

Based on a solid blue and white logo, I assume the Chargers are abandoning their current color scheme (Rudy mentioned something about them considering rebranding) and going with a blue and white color scheme in LA.

I thought the Rams wanted to go back to the classic blue and white jerseys? If so, both teams with the same colour scheme?

I'm not a Chargers fan but I think this is a sad day. The Chargers belong in San Diego just like the Raiders belong in Oakland. The fans of San Diego deserve better and the "fans" of LA don't deserve the Chargers.

SmoothPancakes
01-14-2017, 05:33 AM
Next season is gonna be funny as hell. Chargers playing in a tiny ass 30,000 seat stadium that'll probably be filled with more Raider fans than actual Charger fans. I might have to Sunday Ticket just to watch that shit show every week and laugh.

steelerfan
01-15-2017, 01:17 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170115/631a403ce20b7cf7343b4af888982866.jpg

Rudy
01-15-2017, 06:10 PM
Brock is guaranteed a ton of money next year too. I looks at Flacco contract and they really are stuck with him for another three years.

steelerfan
01-15-2017, 07:30 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170116/9a04f1f1ab923c18ec804a26846b9dbc.jpg

steelerfan
01-15-2017, 10:22 PM
Woot!

Rudy
01-16-2017, 04:09 AM
I didn't like the clock play by Dallas and generally don't like that unless you are under 30 seconds. If there is a chance you could use all three downs don't throw one away. It takes time to get to the line of scrimmage and run any play. Take another 5 seconds and call a real play. Even if it's the same pass play just repeat instead of wasting a down.

And only rushing 3 and using a spy on 3rd and 20 was stupid on that play. They had success blitzing there and then play a prevent? Deserved that outcome with that horrible play call.

steelerfan
01-16-2017, 07:25 AM
Prior to Sunday night, teams were 0-245 in the playoffs when their opponents scored 2 or more touchdowns than they did.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170116/2cfe66d33ffc21eab6404c9cbd7ffb80.jpg

Rudy
01-16-2017, 09:07 AM
It was interesting to see the average age of Steeler defenders over the last 5 years. Went from oldest to 11th youngest. And Harrison is probably killing that too.

steelerfan
01-16-2017, 09:29 AM
It was interesting to see the average age of Steeler defenders over the last 5 years. Went from oldest to 11th youngest. And Harrison is probably killing that too.
Yeah. They have 3 rookies starting on defense. Burns, Davis and Hargrave.

Harrison is 38 but boy has he been making huge plays for the defense. He really wants another ring.

souljahbill
01-22-2017, 07:01 PM
Can't believe the Steelers couldn't get 1 foot. That might hurt later on.

steelerfan
01-22-2017, 07:52 PM
Doesn't look good for the Steelers. Not that that's a big surprise though.

SmoothPancakes
01-23-2017, 02:37 AM
Good god, both games sucked ass.

What dumbass wrote these scripts? Yeah, lets have both Conference Championship games be boring as all hell, butt-fucking blowouts! Genius!

Hell, anyone who wasn't a Patriots or Falcons fan probably stopped watching the game by the start of the 4th quarters. I know I sure did.

Rudy
01-23-2017, 03:30 AM
Yup. Not a good day for football.

cdj
01-23-2017, 10:00 AM
Except for last Sunday, the entire playoffs have been snoozeville.

JBHuskers
01-23-2017, 10:10 AM
There were more bets placed on Cleveland to win the Super Bowl than Atlanta to start the season.

steelerfan
01-23-2017, 02:32 PM
I just hope Pittsburgh can keep Ben, Bell, Brown, Bryant and Green on the field next year. If they can do that and build on/grow their young defense, they will be very tough to beat.

SmoothPancakes
01-23-2017, 04:25 PM
Except for last Sunday, the entire playoffs have been snoozeville.
Yeah, these have been one of the more uninteresting playoffs that I can remember. Nearly all of the games just plain sucked.

Since I'm neither a Falcons nor Patriots fan, I'm gonna watch the Super Bowl at the start, but if the score reaches a 20 point margin at any point, screw that, I'm turning it off and spending the rest of the night dicking around on PS4.

Maybe if my notifications show it getting back within a one score game I'd consider turning it back on, but yeah, I'm not sitting there watching it from start to finish if it starts to suck like most of the rest of the playoff games have, which is unheard of for me when it comes to the Super Bowl.

souljahbill
01-23-2017, 05:46 PM
#RewriteTheScript

steelerfan
01-23-2017, 06:18 PM
Are the writers on strike or something?

This better be the greatest Super Bowl imaginable to make up for the fact that 8 of 10 playoff games have been crap. If this Super Bowl is not the best ever, the NFL needs to clean house and hire all new writers.

jaymo76
01-25-2017, 02:54 PM
Yeah, these have been one of the more uninteresting playoffs that I can remember. Nearly all of the games just plain sucked.

Since I'm neither a Falcons nor Patriots fan, I'm gonna watch the Super Bowl at the start, but if the score reaches a 20 point margin at any point, screw that, I'm turning it off and spending the rest of the night dicking around on PS4.

Maybe if my notifications show it getting back within a one score game I'd consider turning it back on, but yeah, I'm not sitting there watching it from start to finish if it starts to suck like most of the rest of the playoff games have, which is unheard of for me when it comes to the Super Bowl.

I have been watching NFL playoffs for about 30 years... this year may have been the most boring that I can remember.

Rudy
01-30-2017, 07:04 AM
Matt Millen, oops, John Lynch hired as GM of the 49ers. After the Millen disaster in Detroit the odds that this move is successful are very low. I don't think that former players or coaches can't do it but I do think they need training. Never working in a front office and then just jumping into it with full control is way too much too fast. When Joe Dumars became GM of the Pistons (and I think it's quite a bit easier to transition in the NBA), he worked in the front office for a year in many departments to learn the tools of the trade.

Millen was very stubborn and I don't think he listened to others' advice enough. He also didn't put enough time in. He didn't go on scouting trips and still maintained a primary residence in Pennsylvania in addition to Detroit.

steelerfan
02-05-2017, 01:16 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170205/885fc54862ade6880d70d07f63afb210.jpg

Rudy
02-05-2017, 03:08 PM
This has to be the most low key lead up to a Super Bowl in recent memory. Still watching. I really prefer watching games on real grass and not in a dome though.

SmoothPancakes
02-05-2017, 03:34 PM
Yeah, I'm just not feeling it this year. Most years, regardless of teams, I can always get up for the Super Bowl and look forward to it, but just not feeling it this year.

souljahbill
02-05-2017, 05:12 PM
I got the Pats

souljahbill
02-05-2017, 06:55 PM
Can we unban that fool just for the night so we can tell him what an absolutely shitty game that the writers scripted? I'm not even going to watch the 2nd half.

SmoothPancakes
02-05-2017, 07:45 PM
I will say, I enjoy watching Brady get spanked like a bitch.

I was going to turn the game off and play PS4 if the game hit a 20 point blowout, but I'm enjoying Brady getting embarrassed too much.

Rudy
02-05-2017, 08:38 PM
Brady has not been good. But it's nice to finally see a defence expose that offence without Gronk. The WRs largely run routes inside 10 yards and Brady struggles throwing deep. They use White as a great recieving option out of the backfield but too many teams play soft on their WRs when they should be challenging them. Especially with no Gronk to occupy extra safeties.

Rudy
02-05-2017, 08:54 PM
Atlanta is stupid. Have an easy FG you run the ball and kick it. Instead sacks and penalties and trouble. 8 point game.

morsdraconis
02-05-2017, 09:18 PM
It's awfully strange that one of the biggest hyped Super Bowls ever ends in a tie at regulation with the Pats seemingly to suddenly be able to score without issue in the 4th quarter. First ever overtime game in Super Bowl history. Awfully strange.

SmoothPancakes
02-05-2017, 09:27 PM
Fucking Atlanta...

souljahbill
02-05-2017, 09:29 PM
Fucking Atlanta...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
#WhoDat #FuckTheFailcunts