PDA

View Full Version : Kolb or Vick?

JBHuskers
09-20-2010, 08:13 AM
This poll is pretty simple who do you think should start for the Eagles?

JBHuskers
09-20-2010, 08:15 AM
For me it's plain and simple. Vick could possibly end up being more of a complete QB now then he was in ATL. His passing game has impressed me greatly, and his teammates have bought in to what he brings to the table. Kolb is still young, and even though this was tabbed as his time, that time can be pushed back a year or two.

JBHuskers
09-20-2010, 08:22 AM
Kurt Warner just spoke on Mike & Mike with an interesting take that it's good to have a coach come out and say that's our guy, in Kolb. They're looking towards the future which makes some sense. I still say Vick though for now...

Chase
09-20-2010, 11:10 AM
I say Vick as well, but I've read a lot of people who bring up that when McNabb got hurt and Kolb came in and had a couple 300+ passing games, Reid stuck with McNabb. Also, I believe Vick is a free-agent after this season. It's just been great to see him playing again, hes still one of the most dynamic players in the game

morsdraconis
09-20-2010, 11:20 AM
You most definitely go with Kolb. He's the future (or at least the immediate future depending on how good/bad he really is) and you need to know what you have in him.

Vick is a free agent next season and isn't the answer at all. He still makes incredibly stupid plays and we have to remember that this incredible game that he had (where I got a SHIT TON of fantasy points ;) ) was against the piss poor pass defense of the Lions.

spiker
09-20-2010, 12:21 PM
LOL at long term in the NFL. There's a reason why people say the NFL stands for "Not For Long". The NFL is a short term league and Reid should be focused on what wins now. Vick wins now. Plain and simple.

steelerfan
09-20-2010, 12:46 PM
Vick has certainly played better in the first 2 weeks. Just because he's a UFA, doesn't mean they can't bring him back. The job going back to McNabb after he was injured is totally different, McNabb was a veteran who had started and carried that team for more than a decade.

That being said, McNabb (as much as I think he is a douche) should still be the Eagles QB.

CLW
09-20-2010, 01:39 PM
Vick b/c I picked him up off of waivers for 2 of my 3 fantasy teams and I'm hurting at QB.

skipwondah33
09-21-2010, 12:03 AM
Vick gives this team the best chance to win IMO. Their o-line can't block worth a damn, so who do you want back there? A pocket QB who win trying to leave the pocket gets a concussion or someone with mobility and gives defenses nightmares just because of his legs alone?

The Eagles will find out the hard way unfortunately

Rudy
09-21-2010, 04:43 AM
Vick was an elite talent who may have improved a lot under Reid. The only reason to go with Kolb right now is for reasons unrelated to the football field. They moved McNabb so they could develop him (sort of like Rodgers) and gave him a fat contract as well. Vick is a FA so that hurts Vick's cause. But for this year Vick is probably their best option. The Eagles always make decisions based on long term planning though.

I find it interesting that Warner would say give the job to the young, unproven guy since he had to fight the long term planning stuff to get a job in the NFL again. Once Martz offense left him beaten and shattered it took a few years to get his mind right. At that time most NFL teams decided he was a backup and Warner had to be extra good just to earn a job back. Arizona never wanted to give him that job - they wanted Leinart to earn it and even gave it to him initially. Only threw lousy play did they give it to Warner. QBs can play a long time in this league. Vick has a LOT of years left so if he has turned the corner with his passing game he can be a major factor. Philly shouldn't be so quick to dismiss him.

steelerfan
09-21-2010, 03:18 PM
I wouldn't rush to say Vick has turned any corners. It was the Lions, afterall.

But, I agree that Vick gives the Eagles the best chance to win.

Chase
09-21-2010, 04:48 PM
Whoa: Andy Reid names Michael Vick as team's starting quarterback.

via Adam_Schefter (http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/25154225076)

spiker
09-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Andy Reid is sane afterall.

morsdraconis
09-22-2010, 01:40 PM
Andy Reid is sane afterall.

I completely disagree. Vick is NOT a good throwing QB, no matter what he did against Detroit (who, btw, is the worst pass defense in the league).

They BARELY beat the Lions for christ's sake...

Kolb is the better QB to start who actually gives the Eagles the chance to run the WCO. Vick cannot run the WCO as he has absolutely no touch on his passes at all (required to throw any type of intermediate or crossing route).

The only thing Vick gives them is a dual threat QB (in a league where dual threat QBs don't win championships) with mediocre passing ability.

Sure, their offensive line is atrocious and Vick being able to scramble out of the pocket is a good thing (whereas Kolb definitely seems like he can't), but they're going to suffer from it.

In the 7 previous years of active playing, he had ONE full season of starting. ONE. 2006 was his best statistical year (the year he played all 16 games) but it was also a 7-9 season (with a loss to the freakin' Lions). I just don't see this working out for them in the long run.

Andy Reid obviously didn't make this call. The FO did and they're going to pay for it. Vick is NOT the answer at QB.

JBHuskers
09-22-2010, 02:17 PM
Packer's D is fairly good, and Vick almost lead the Eagles on the comeback against them in week one. The Eagles winning by only three had nothing to do with Vick as opposed to the Eagle defense that has given up nearly 60 points in two games.

steelerfan
09-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Plus the Eagles were up 35-17 in the 4th (I know, their collapse cost me $). Also, are you sure Detroit has the worst pass D (or is that opinion)? I haven't bothered to look at league-wide numbers this early, but I know Houston has already allowed over 800 yards through the air.

Rudy
09-22-2010, 07:56 PM
Detroit's secondary is awful. Their set of CBs are probably the worst in the league. That said, I think Vick is an improved passer now who no longer fights the West Coast offense and has been humbled enough to learn it and accept coaching. Furthermore nobody can claim Kolb is a great QB since he's played about 3 games in the NFL. He could be great or he might not. I think we just have to trust Andy Reid and watch how it unfolds.

skipwondah33
09-26-2010, 05:33 PM
Sooo when is Kolb getting his spot back?

Rudy
09-26-2010, 06:02 PM
Sooo when is Kolb getting his spot back?

Not unless Vick gets hurt the way he's playing right now.