PDA

View Full Version : Madden NFL 17 - General Impressions & Game Discussion

cdj
08-17-2016, 02:24 PM
With Madden NFL 17 expected to be available via EA Access today or tomorrow and with copies beginning to appear in the wild, use this thread to discuss the game.

bdoughty
08-17-2016, 03:21 PM
OS has a review of the game already.

http://www.operationsports.com/reviews/836/madden-nfl-17/

Rudy
08-17-2016, 05:00 PM
I liked the review although I doubt cpu play calling is better. One informed OS poster looked ar the star ratings of the play calls and said they haven't changed. Too many bad plays are highlighted the same as before. I wouldn't expect a huge improvement or unique team tendencies. I hope I'm wrong.

cdj
08-17-2016, 09:33 PM
There is a 4.5 GB update (PS4) at launch (update 1.02).

skipwondah33
08-17-2016, 09:46 PM
Whoa. Will that download with preload or midnight?

Taking the PS4 into work Sunday or Monday. Have us set with fiber and average around 80-90 mbps down.

bdoughty
08-17-2016, 11:03 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/17/madden-nfl-17-review?watch

Another glowing review of the game.

’s great to see that this series has finally found the sweet spot it hasn’t seen since Madden NFL 05.

I don't recall seeing reviews pop out this early for an EA Sports game. It tells me the developers and the higher ups were really pleased with this years iteration.

steelerfan
08-17-2016, 11:33 PM
When I heard that Formation Subs, even in a limited fashion, were in I changed my view of this title. I'm still not going to buy it at launch but I'll consider it, based on what guys like Rudy and jaymo say (true Franchise players).

souljahbill
08-18-2016, 04:46 AM
If anyone Twitches or YouTube Live's Franchise mode, I wanna watch so let me know. Everyone on Twitch is either doing MUT or H2H online.

Rudy
08-18-2016, 07:00 AM
I'm waiting for Jaymo. Lots of pressure on you!

morsdraconis
08-18-2016, 04:34 PM
https://www.twitch.tv/px1sports

That one is Franchise with a tiny bit of MUT occasionally.

morsdraconis
08-18-2016, 04:35 PM
And from watching that one last night and today, I'm pretty okay with Madden for the first time in probably 6 years.

souljahbill
08-18-2016, 09:13 PM
And from watching that one last night and today, I'm pretty okay with Madden for the first time in probably 6 years.

Yeah. Maybe I'm easily impressed but so far, I like what I'm seeing over Twitch. Nothing seems OP at the moment. I've seen high scoring games and low scoring games. Nothing seems OP'd this year. Pass rush could be a bit better but other than that, it seems pretty balanced.

steelerfan
08-18-2016, 10:24 PM
Well, well, we'll. Look who has come crawling back.

Glad to see you back here, man. :up:

morsdraconis
08-18-2016, 10:44 PM
Well, well, we'll. Look who has come crawling back.

Glad to see you back here, man. :up:

:))

I'm glad to be back. Missed you guys. Been a crazy long time.

How have you been SF? How's the kid?

steelerfan
08-19-2016, 12:00 AM
:))

I'm glad to be back. Missed you guys. Been a crazy long time.

How have you been SF? How's the kid?
I'm good, nothing to complain about. My daughter is great. She just turned 15 this week and will start her Sophomore year of high school next week. Thanks for asking.

I hope all is good with you.

It's funny, I'm interested in Madden this year too but I'm going to wait to see what people think of Franchise Mode before deciding. The last time I bought Madden was Madden 12.

Rudy
08-19-2016, 05:41 AM
Just reading on OS and people seem pleased. All pro has qb accuracy too good at default and cpu run blocking not good enough but people do seem to like cpu Rb moves. Overall impressions are positive. People like running game and added weight of players. One person felt streaks are too easy. Many like the new zones. There is an exploit the Madden team is aware of. I'm not even going to say what it is but they are working on it. May be an issue with announcers not saying generated player names deep into franchise but I don't see many major issues being reported like last year.

skipwondah33
08-19-2016, 07:28 AM
I like what I've seen.

Also the "nano detection" feature that was discussed was definitely nice to hear. I don't run into that issue much since I don't play lobby games much, but still love the direction the team is going.

Though I believe it will work similarly to how the "DE stall" issue was in M16.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVFMorYmdOE

Anxious to see how different Gameplay is on All-Madden, user vs user games

steelerfan
08-19-2016, 07:47 AM
Thanks for posting what you're seeing guys. It will keep me from having to filter through the info until someone here gets it. :up:

Deuce
08-19-2016, 08:31 AM
Welcome back Mors!

Any new music I should check out?

JBHuskers
08-19-2016, 04:27 PM
If anyone Twitches or YouTube Live's Franchise mode, I wanna watch so let me know. Everyone on Twitch is either doing MUT or H2H online.

I might this weekend.

I think I might trade in Twitch for YouTube on my next streaming.

morsdraconis
08-19-2016, 04:29 PM
Welcome back Mors!

Any new music I should check out?

Hey!

Sadly, my only new recommendation would be to check out 16 Volt if you're interested in industrial rock/metal at all. They did the soundtrack for the game Primal for the PS2 (which is how I heard of them) and been rocking before and ever since.

morsdraconis
08-19-2016, 04:32 PM
I'm good, nothing to complain about. My daughter is great. She just turned 15 this week and will start her Sophomore year of high school next week. Thanks for asking.

I hope all is good with you.

It's funny, I'm interested in Madden this year too but I'm going to wait to see what people think of Franchise Mode before deciding. The last time I bought Madden was Madden 12.

Things haven't been too terrible. Lost my job recently, which sucked, but it was partly my own fault in the end so it's all good. Switched cities, but still in WV (in Huntington now - which is right over the river from Ohio). I'm doing pretty good though all things considered. Losing one job is always just a chance to start a new career, right?

And I'm glad to hear about your daughter man, that's awesome that things are still going great there.

steelerfan
08-19-2016, 05:09 PM
Sorry to hear about your job, man. But, yeah, fuck them. It's a chance for a fresh start.

Deuce
08-19-2016, 05:13 PM
Hey!

Sadly, my only new recommendation would be to check out 16 Volt if you're interested in industrial rock/metal at all. They did the soundtrack for the game Primal for the PS2 (which is how I heard of them) and been rocking before and ever since.

I'll check them out. Some new stuff I liked that you may wanna check out.

Band called Ashtar. Finnish band I think? Doom metal with a chick singer. Very heavy.
Bossk - Audio Noir
Agoraphobic Nosebleed - Arc
Nothing - Tired of Tomorrow. Not heavy at all but very good.

cdj
08-19-2016, 06:28 PM
:D Too funny.

Also funny:

souljahbill
08-19-2016, 09:24 PM

Also funny:

Oh my God! Getting injured on a kneel down?!?! LMFAO!

Rudy
08-19-2016, 09:30 PM
Never know. Greg Schiano could have been the opposing coach.

steelerfan
08-20-2016, 09:19 AM
Too bad it wasn't Romo on the kneel down.

skipwondah33
08-20-2016, 10:13 AM
Haha

JBHuskers
08-20-2016, 10:28 AM

Also funny:

http://tribzap2it.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/quentin-tarantino-golden-globes-2013.gif?w=400&h=225

SmoothPancakes
08-20-2016, 10:59 AM
Well, due to EA Access, it no longer probably brings the instant extreme popularity and fame that snagging a copy of NCAA back in the day 5 days before release did for me, but thanks to a connection from a friend's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate, I have a full fledged copy of Madden 17 as of 55 minutes ago, and just fully installed a little bit ago.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160820/5743872bc4dd4ac7e3b082f65fcc0005.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SmoothPancakes
08-20-2016, 11:05 AM
Just from the first seconds of starting, you'll have a commentary update, a tuning update and a roster update to download.

Rudy
08-20-2016, 11:21 AM
Sweet! Nice connections lol. Looking forward to impressions.

And I don't think I'm going to play with Miami in franchise. I want a 3-4 team and a team that doesn't have pansies for most of their lines. This team was really soft yesterday. I know I won't be using the baby blue uniforms either. Throwbacks all the time.

SmoothPancakes
08-20-2016, 11:30 AM
I plan on giving full impressions and maybe even doing some streaming this weekend.

I caught the last 30 seconds of the clip of the opening game you play when starting Madden. Was leading the Rams down the field against the Redskins in the playoffs, scored the tying touchdown, tried a pass on the two point conversion and failed it, leading to a Redskins victory.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=HYTt-lS6L0o

SmoothPancakes
08-20-2016, 11:57 AM
Streaming some Madden NFL 17 right now.

SmoothPancakes1

JBHuskers
08-20-2016, 12:15 PM
Nice! Mine is installed now and gonna get some MUT started when I get home after doing some OT this afternoon.

skipwondah33
08-20-2016, 12:30 PM
Well mine is downloaded and installed lol

Just have to wait until Tuesday

JBHuskers
08-20-2016, 12:46 PM
Gonna test streaming on YouTube around 3:15 or so. Gonna use that instead of Twitch from now on I think.

SmoothPancakes
08-20-2016, 01:43 PM
I really wish Xbox would let you stream straight to YouTube like PS4. Especially since the streams I just did have been completely muted because I forgot to go in and turn off all music in-game. Pretty much makes those two streams worthless with no audio at all.

skipwondah33
08-20-2016, 04:20 PM
I always have in-game commentary on my streams.

They are archived so then I make stream a Highlight so that I can export to Youtube. I've only had the music muted thus far

skipwondah33
08-20-2016, 06:19 PM
And what I thought would happen is happening.

Complaints about kicking PAT's being difficult lol

People want tougher things, they make it that way then complaints happen. I'm sure it won't take long for people to master it, just need time. Last time meter was changed in 09,10 alot of people were hot. Lag was biggest issue with that though.

Look forward to it.

morsdraconis
08-20-2016, 06:20 PM
Yeah, dude that's a game changer and in Rex's ear was streaming and bitching about it. Really turned me off. He stopped streaming because of the loss against someone because of it. Like, seriously? It's just a game. (sigh)

steelerfan
08-20-2016, 07:17 PM
Yeah, dude that's a game changer and in Rex's ear was streaming and bitching about it. Really turned me off. He stopped streaming because of the loss against someone because of it. Like, seriously? It's just a game. (sigh)
That's pathetic. What a baby bitch. Hopefully, that "Gamechanger" will be put on ignore.

cdj
08-20-2016, 07:57 PM
And what I thought would happen is happening.

Complaints about kicking PAT's being difficult lol

People want tougher things, they make it that way then complaints happen. I'm sure it won't take long for people to master it, just need time. Last time meter was changed in 09,10 alot of people were hot. Lag was biggest issue with that though.

Look forward to it.

I've found that if you go into Customize - Settings - Settings - Visual Feedback and turn Enlarge On Field Graphics to ON, it will make the kick meter much larger and easier to time the power and accuracy. I haven't played a ton, but have yet to miss a kick with it this way.

cdj
08-20-2016, 07:58 PM

Just for curiosity's sake, I'd love to know who that was. Please PM me. I have some guesses, but would love to know for sure.

I would hope a GC wouldn't be complaining before launch about such a feature, but nothing shocks me anymore. It's about time special teams/kicks matter; misses and concern should be welcomed.

morsdraconis
08-20-2016, 08:55 PM
Just for curiosity's sake, I'd love to know who that was. Please PM me. I have some guesses, but would love to know for sure.

I would hope a GC wouldn't be complaining before launch about such a feature, but nothing shocks me anymore. It's about time special teams/kicks matter; misses and concern should be welcomed.

PM sent

steelerfan
08-20-2016, 09:10 PM

Spot on, Chris. :up:

morsdraconis
08-20-2016, 09:12 PM
I mean, that's what I said to him. He was saying specifically that it was lag where he was playing online against someone, to which I said, I mean, they have to play with that lag as well.

It was just really shitty cause I plan on playing in his super sim league and it kinda made me second guess that decision because of how he was acting. Maybe he was just having a bad day. I don't know, but it was kinda shitty to see.

cdj
08-20-2016, 09:39 PM
I mean, that's what I said to him. He was saying specifically that it was lag where he was playing online against someone, to which I said, I mean, they have to play with that lag as well.

I haven't played online, but I was under the impression (hoping?) all of the button presses on FG kicks were done offline and then synced (probably wrong terminology, but I hope it makes sense) to avoid lag screwing with it.

Also, this year the online infrastructure is different (going through servers instead of P2P) so some issues (IP booting? lag switching?) no longer exist. Not saying all lag is gone, but it should be a better overall experience.

morsdraconis
08-20-2016, 10:51 PM
I haven't played online, but I was under the impression (hoping?) all of the button presses on FG kicks were done offline and then synced (probably wrong terminology, but I hope it makes sense) to avoid lag screwing with it.

Also, this year the online infrastructure is different (going through servers instead of P2P) so some issues (IP booting? lag switching?) no longer exist. Not saying all lag is gone, but it should be a better overall experience.

Ah, well, in that case, it sounds like he was experiencing lag on his own end where he was streaming as well or something. I don't know. The whole thing was just off putting because any time he runs into something that doesn't seem right, he was emailing Rex about it or something and it just seemed really gross...

cdj
08-20-2016, 10:54 PM
That would make sense. I think the system change will prevent your opponent from experiencing lag if you are on a slow connection, but if he was streaming he was likely giving himself lag.

skipwondah33
08-20-2016, 11:01 PM
I've found that if you go into Customize - Settings - Settings - Visual Feedback and turn Enlarge On Field Graphics to ON, it will make the kick meter much larger and easier to time the power and accuracy. I haven't played a ton, but have yet to miss a kick with it this way.

Figured there would be a make it easier solution.

I welcomed the difficulty in kicks. The meter everyone hated had its issues and they patched it to better suit online gamers. The lag did cause for a lot of missed kicks back then. I recall shanking several PAT's myself very badly if you had a bad kicker.

I suppose the kick arc is still in the game as well.

As a guy said on the stream, someone will lose a money/tourney game this year on a kick

SmoothPancakes
08-21-2016, 12:19 AM
I always have in-game commentary on my streams.

They are archived so then I make stream a Highlight so that I can export to Youtube. I've only had the music muted thus far

Yeah, I've already completely killed all the music in the menus. I'll probably go with some more streaming later today, play a full game instead of just to halftime.

SmoothPancakes
08-21-2016, 12:12 PM
The kicks are definitely harder. Hell, even in the training section, I was shanking field goal attempts while playing the special teams training. In fact, I think I ended up shanking all 5 field goals they have you try. And shanking bad! Up close, like PAT close, the odds of shanking are small unless you just completely blow it on the meter, but from distance, like a 40-50+ yard field goal, you better be damn accurate on that meter or you're gonna miss.

SmoothPancakes
08-21-2016, 12:40 PM
After spending part of the day yesterday playing (and the rest sleeping as I had been awake for going on nearly 24 hours by the time I finally had to quit the game and crashed from exhaustion mid-afternoon), just some basic thoughts so far.

First, again, kicks are definitely harder with the changes they made. I was shanking field goals left and right yesterday, so it's gonna take some work and practice to actually master the new changes and the meter and be able to consistently kick field goals with confidence.

Default All-Madden really does feel good! I didn't have any feeling of being cheated or hamstrung by the CPU in a couple games yesterday. I was able to make some big plays and flashy plays, make some incredible catches and break some big runs, while at the same time having the defense stand up and just shut me down on plays. And when I got blown up by the CPU, it was usually my fault. I'd get hammered on a sack after holding the ball too long waiting for a play to unfold, and likewise have a drive crash and burn because I'd make a stupid pass into the middle of a group of defenders. It never really felt like I was being cheated by a super LB or super safety or corner like back in the day on NCAA and Madden. It was usually because I'd throw to a receiver I should have skipped, or because I'd screw up and threw a bullet pass when I should have thrown a lob, or a regular pass when I should have thrown a high pass.

I haven't delved too much into franchise yet, but what I have seen of it, I do like the new way of doing the game plan each week. There actually is a feeling of not only needing and wanting to perform your best in the game plan practices, but they help you learn to not only recognize, but also counter the various offenses and defenses that you'll face against the team you're playing that week. While I haven't spent much time yet in Franchise, I am really liking the additions and changes they made to it this year, so for a change, I am actually looking forward to spending some serious time in Franchise mode on Madden.

I only very briefly spent time on MUT (which I usually pretty much universally ignore in each and every sports game) and Draft Champions, so not much I can say about those yet.

morsdraconis
08-21-2016, 12:59 PM
There is apparently a bug in Franchise mode where after you hit the offseason during the combine information and everything, you can see all the stats for some of the higher rated draftees.

Here is the reddit thread about it. (https://www.reddit.com/r/Madden/comments/4yl108/madden_cfm_bug_can_see_all_rookie_statstraits/)

EA already knows about it and they're looking into it. Response from John White (also in the linked thread above) is that there will be a response on when it'll be fixed on Monday, hopefully the first week of patches.

It's not a huge deal for singleplayer franchise stuff, but anyone hoping to do an Online Franchise with other people, might want to wait until this fix comes through because it's kinda cheating to know all the stats of a draftee before even drafting them.

Rudy
08-21-2016, 08:47 PM
So you liked all madden a lot Smooth? Once I get good I have occasionally used it but my biggest beef in the past has been cpu qbs get too good and similar on that level. I do like the challenge although I'm going to be so rusty I will just suck at first.

I've read people saying the CPU does a good job of throwing it to their top receivers. I hope that continues to improve.

SmoothPancakes
08-22-2016, 03:09 AM
So you liked all madden a lot Smooth? Once I get good I have occasionally used it but my biggest beef in the past has been cpu qbs get too good and similar on that level. I do like the challenge although I'm going to be so rusty I will just suck at first.

I've read people saying the CPU does a good job of throwing it to their top receivers. I hope that continues to improve.
Yeah, it does feel good this year! I've managed to get some sacks because my defense kept the receivers locked up long enough, a couple interceptions and some knock downs. I would give up some big passes and annoying third down conversions, but it was always due to a receiver just plain getting open in my secondary as opposed to an absurd pass and catch like in the past.

Same with the run game. With some timely spins and jukes, I've broken runs for 10, 20, even 50 yards once, and can usually average 2-4 yards a carry over the course of a game. Other times I get blasted at the line of scrimmage for no gain. Likewise on defense, I'd at times come blasting through and destroy a run play at the line nd other times I'd get burned for 5-10 yards.

It seems the most to either be me just plain out of position or a well timed block or cut by an offense player to let the CPU break for a big gain. But it has never felt cheap. There hasn't been that feeling of cheese like that in previous games. Most times the CPU burns me has been because of my own doings and screw-ups.

skipwondah33
08-22-2016, 09:37 AM
Yeah, I've already completely killed all the music in the menus. I'll probably go with some more streaming later today, play a full game instead of just to halftime.

Sent from my SM-G930V using TapatalkUnless it's different on Xbox?

Here is my most recent stream. I never cut off music or anything. I just use the method I posted a few pages ago using Twitch but cutting the muted part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHKvCitWpCA

steelerfan
08-22-2016, 08:22 PM
Though I may regret it, I pulled the trigger on pre-ordering this just a few minutes ago.

I've watched quite a bit of videos of this game today - at least 2-3 hours worth. I didn't see anything that was game-breaking for me personally and I actually liked most of what I saw.

I know there will be some things that get under my skin (no formation subs on special teams) but I think the good will outweigh the bad.

It was a tough decision to buy this game because I just bought No Man's Sky, I'm still interested in NHL 17, will buy FIFA 17 and the possibility exists that we're just about 2 months from Friday the 13th: The Game which I have already pre-ordered.

That's potentially 5 games in 2 months. There are years where I don't buy 5 games so having that much shit to play is a little overwhelming. :D

Anyway, I'm back on Madden for the first time since Madden 12 and just the fourth time since the release of the PlayStation 3 more than 10 years ago.

steelerfan
08-23-2016, 12:58 AM
I played a half of one game (All-Pro, 15 min. Qtrs, :17 Accel. Clock).

There's not much that I can say that you don't already know, if you've watched the videos over the last week or so.

I'm very rusty and alot has changed as far as controls in the last 5 years. I couldn't even figure out how to pump fake, lol. I couldn't run for shit but my passing was good. I'll get it figured out soon.

I guess about all that I can say is that the game does appear to be what I hoped for and I should be able to play some Franchise Mode and enjoy it.

skipwondah33
08-23-2016, 03:26 AM
Will post some impressions tomorrow sometime.

Quite alot that I love all Gameplay related as that's all I've done.

As I figured the commentary and team are very solid. Much better than Nantz/Simms IMO.

SmoothPancakes
08-23-2016, 08:49 AM
I played a half of one game (All-Pro, 15 min. Qtrs, :17 Accel. Clock).

There's not much that I can say that you don't already know, if you've watched the videos over the last week or so.

I'm very rusty and alot has changed as far as controls in the last 5 years. I couldn't even figure out how to pump fake, lol. I couldn't run for shit but my passing was good. I'll get it figured out soon.

I guess about all that I can say is that the game does appear to be what I hoped for and I should be able to play some Franchise Mode and enjoy it.
Haha, yeah, that was my problem this weekend. I am rusty as hell! So that certainly didn't help me while trying out how All-Madden played. But I'm definitely liking how this year plays. I think I see some heavy Franchise play in my future.

Will post some impressions tomorrow sometime.

Quite alot that I love all Gameplay related as that's all I've done.

As I figured the commentary and team are very solid. Much better than Nantz/Simms IMO.

Yeah, the new commentary and team is a nice and fresh change. Much better and a great change by EA.

steelerfan
08-23-2016, 08:56 AM
My second game I beat the Falcons 38-9 and rushed for 297 yards with the same sliders. :fp:

The combination of the learning curve and sliders is probably going to give me fits. But if I can get it right it will be worth it.

steelerfan
08-23-2016, 08:59 AM
As you guys have said, the commentary is fantastic. I guess the 13th time's a charm!

gigemaggs99
08-23-2016, 02:27 PM
SUCKS!

gigemaggs99
08-23-2016, 02:34 PM
Just kidding, (old joke there).....I think I'm truly getting old, this is the first year in, as long as I can remember that I didn't pre-order a copy. I was waiting to hear and read reviews. From what I'm hearing it seems like this year is a good one for Madden.

I kinda torn though, I'm looking forward to NHL 17 and Fifa 17, I already have Battlefield 1 on pre-order so I don't know if I really want 4 new games all at once, I'm pretty sure BF1 will get the most of my game time. I've been playing a lot of MLB the Show 16, I really REALLY enjoy it.

Is Madden really a lot different? A lot better than say last year?

For me, I like The Show b/c I'm trying to unlock cards for my DD team, each game although it seems like the same game (it's baseball after-all) yet each game feels unique. Fifa and NHL have a similar feel, the last couple of years of Madden the problem I've had is each game feels like the last one. If I'm doing a season or franchise it seems like I find my "go to" plays and then I try and add in a few wrinkles but when the rubber meets the road I fall back onto my trusty plays. Is this years game different in that respect?

I think what I'm trying to put my finger on is, how do y'all feel about the "replay-ability/longevity" of this game?

Thank you.

gigemaggs99
08-23-2016, 02:47 PM
After reading through y'alls posts I might go pick it up today after I get my kids from school.

As far as the kicking game goes, I think it's nice they it's sounds like it's harder. In the NFL I don't know the accurate stats, but they do actually miss from time to time, and they have quite a few blocked, same goes for punts. In the past I would always think, "why in the heck can't you block a punt or FG attempt?" I never got close, it seemed like the people that did had some sort of glitch. It's nice they've added that aspect to the game. I hope it's not over-powering but glad it's in the game.

In the past few seasons I've seen my real-life Texans lose many games b/c they failed on the PAT or shanked 35+ yard FG tries.

Gotta talk to the "boss" now. :nod:

Rudy
08-23-2016, 04:09 PM
NFL kickers make around 80% of their kicks now. Crazy how good they are but it shouldn't be automatic. My concern was always how easy it was for the user and the lack of franchise sliders for both me and the cpu made it impossible to fix. A late game winning FG should be tense and exciting but it was automatic. It will be with the Tampa Kicker taken in the 2nd round. He's been shank city! I hate drafting kickers. I'd always stash one on my PS the year before my guy is in a contract year. No real position PS players become good so why not try and develop a kicker in that spot? Olindo Mare was a PS kicker.

Just popped it in at home. Will get some games in once the patch updates. Even though I'm awful rusty I am going to start on All-Madden. If I get killed I will drop down but I heard too many complaints about how bad the cpu running game is on all-pro. My passing game may really struggle. I also need to print up a new cover since I can't take Gronk being on my disc in his stupid Pats uniform.

Rudy
08-23-2016, 05:50 PM
Lost my first game on All-Madden against the Bills. Blew an XP and it came back to bite me as they scored a TD with under 2 minutes left to win 13-9. I got down inside their 10 but no dice. Did not play with the patch so I don't know how much actual gameplay was changed but I didn't see a lot of WR drops. I didn't see any QB inaccuracies either. That slider needs to be dropped quite a bit imo. The cpu running game was weak on All-Madden as I held McCoy to 16 carries and 24 yards. I didn't run well either but that was partially due to rust. Not much pass rush on either side but I didn't find all-madden to be that strong. I did find the home team boos a bit too much. I can understand if you are getting killed but not on a dropped pass on a potential game winning drive. They were booing me during the intro Rams-Was game!

Commentary is good. Liked the feel of tackling and pile ups. Need to play more.

gigemaggs99
08-23-2016, 09:07 PM
Alright, just got back from Gamestop, bought the Xbox1 version, it's loading the update now.

I've got a ? for y'all. I figure there are 2 ways to look at this, 1) they want to sell more more more or 2) I'm a frequent customer and they did me a favor. You make the call.....

First off, I always shop at this Gamestop and they know me there, I'm pretty regular.

I go in 15 mins before they close tonight, a new guy is behind the counter. I walk up and ask if they have Madden 17 for Xbox 1?
He asks if I pre-ordered it.
I said no.
He tells me they only have the deluxe edition left, it's $80. Then tells me they should have more regular copies in by Friday.
The usual guy walks out, assistant manager and says Hi, then the new guy looks at me and says, you wanna go ahead and get the deluxe edition?
I tell him no thanks I'll wait until Friday.
He looks at the assistant manager and the assistant says, go ahead.
The guy opens up the drawer and I saw atleast 100 copies, if not more for Xbox1.

I thanked them and left with my copy. It's nice and all to think they did me a favor, but I also wonder if they are taking advantage of people with that "sales pitch". I mean if you pre-ordered the game why wouldn't you pick it up last night or sometime today? Why pre-order it and then not pick it up, not that many extra copies worth?

I'm asking y'all do you think they were being nice to me or do you think they are working people over? If they're working people over I'll take my business elsewhere. It really doesn't matter to me, I know Target and Walmart have the game and I could have gone there to buy it but I prefer Gamestop, this location on top of that. I half way thought about pre-ordering BF1 for Xbox1 but thought I'll wait. I already have it pre-ordered for PS4, but if this is how they treat their customers, maybe it's time for me to shop elsewhere.

I just thought it was strange, if they only had 5 or so left I could understand the rational, but when is saw an entire drawer full, that made me think...hmmmmmmmmm?????

Any thoughts?

Rudy
08-23-2016, 09:22 PM
At my EB Games (where Madden is a lot less popular than in the US) they had 60 copies on order when I pre-ordered last week and 48 were pre-orders. They only had 12 for walk ins and told me they could only reserve a standard edition and not deluxe lol. I'm guessing they gave you someone's pre-order possibly. I don't know if they were trying to screw you over or not.

Rudy
08-23-2016, 09:40 PM
Well I played 2.5 games tonight and I'm pretty happy. Quite surprised at how easy All-Madden seems after the dev team said all-pro was hard. Don't quite understand. Running is hard and the cpu really struggles, even on default all-madden. I think the QB accuracy slider needs to come down to 10, maybe less on All-Madden to see errant passes.

I should say I have played all my games on Slow. Couldn't imagine it being any faster. I'm quite rusty as I can't remember all the controls and audible options. I'm going to have to download the manual and read over some things. I can't even remember how to spotlight a WR or use smart routes on 3rd downs. I am clueless when I play as a DL since I get stonewalled a lot; can't remember what I'm doing there either.

While some have criticized the line play I think it is the best this generation. The inside running isn't over powered and I see a lot more movement in the blocks resulting in cut back lanes. It's a lot more fun to run when each play is a little different. Here is a cool run with Ezekiel Elliot. I did nothing special but people got jammed up and I popped it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAYGNE6X4HU

I have lost against the Bills with the Dolphins, played a low scoring, boring half with the 49ers against the Raiders and played a really fun, high scoring game with the Cowboys vs the Steelers. You can really tell the difference between an elite WR and a mediocre one. A great one really helps your offense. And having a great Cowboys OL made this the first game where my RB really did some nice things. Getting used to the moves still.

So far so good. Happy with my purchase at the moment.

Rudy
08-23-2016, 09:53 PM
Oh - punt returners will go back and try to return kicks inside the 5 yard line. Happened to me in one game and I gave up a safety as a result. Can't go to sleep on those plays and have to take over the returner to prevent that from what I can tell.

cdj
08-23-2016, 09:58 PM
I just thought it was strange, if they only had 5 or so left I could understand the rational, but when is saw an entire drawer full, that made me think...hmmmmmmmmm?????

Any thoughts?

Honestly? Next time buy it from Wal-Mart or Target. I don't know how it is elsewhere, but I think Gamestop is the worst place to buy new games. I think they tried to pull a fast one on you. The old "better put $5 down and pre-order now to ensure a copy" gimmick may have worked years ago, but it's just not necessary.

If you are an Amazon Prime member, all new/newly released games are just $48, unless a deluxe or special edition, and even they are reduced in price. That's the best deal out there IMO and brick & mortar retailers are insistent (clueless?) on not even trying to combat them. I think there are enough people who prefer to buy in person (I totally understand why & respect that), so they will keep trying to run rackets like this until the well dries up.

Rudy
08-23-2016, 10:00 PM
Funny thing is EB Games over here - at least the location I go to - is pretty cool. And Amazon.ca shipping blows. I've had a long pre-ordered game shipped more than a week after release day. They do that on purpose to push me to Prime which I refuse. Bestbuy.ca gives free, release day shipping (I'm only 3 hours from their warehouse so normally free shipping is sent out the night before and I get it next day) and if the money is the same I go with them or EB over Amazon. Trouble is Amazon often has the best deal.

gigemaggs99
08-23-2016, 10:40 PM
Quick impressions, just did the opening scenario, I was really surprised when coach called a 2 point play. I picked the throw to Austin but the DB broke up the pass, it was cool to have that much "nerves" that soon into the game.

Then I did the recommended tutorials and the game seems really smooth. I like how it doesn't seem like blocking a punt of FG try is automatic, but it does feel like you do have a chance. I hope in the long run it's not over powering but I can see where it will make a difference, bring more strategy into play. I also really like the options on the punts, sky and backspin. Last year I was all about the coffin corner kicks, this only makes it even better. :))

Escobar
08-23-2016, 10:45 PM
Honestly? Next time buy it from Wal-Mart or Target. I don't know how it is elsewhere, but I think Gamestop is the worst place to buy new games. I think they tried to pull a fast one on you. The old "better put $5 down and pre-order now to ensure a copy" gimmick may have worked years ago, but it's just not necessary.

If you are an Amazon Prime member, all new/newly released games are just $48, unless a deluxe or special edition, and even they are reduced in price. That's the best deal out there IMO and brick & mortar retailers are insistent (clueless?) on not even trying to combat them.

Best Buy has the Gamer's Club Unlocked Membership, which also makes the game $48. I also think they were trying to screw you over gigem.

morsdraconis
08-23-2016, 11:01 PM
Not going to lie, this game feels exactly the same as 6 years ago. Same bullshit CPU crap that you have to put up with on All-Madden. Can't just play a game without a LB warping and leaping 10 feet in the air to tip a pass that falls directly into another LB's hands that magically intercepts the ball even though the dude couldn't catch a damn cold in real life. It's the same shit as always in the end. Sigh. Immediately remember why I haven't touched video game football in ages.

skipwondah33
08-24-2016, 10:39 AM
Best simulation version of Madden in many years. Some tweaks here and there sure, but out of the gate plays very well. Comparing it to the past 8 versions so. My experience only comes from playing UvU on All-Madden. Did play 1 ranked game which even didn't feel too bad on All-Pro.

Hopefully game does not get neutered because the majority thinks it's too difficult like I'm already hearing. "Kicking is too hard now", "QB fumbles to much when I try to throw last minute like I've been able to do for years and it only be an incomplete pass", "Pass rush gets in too fast", "I can't just run Inside Zone all game from Gun Trips Offset"

Of course these aren't the actual worded complaints, but similar.

Gameplay

Gap Play
- Really love the Gap play that I am seeing. Guys actually try to follow their assignment instead of just running mindlessly to ball carrier all of the time. This allows for runs that previously dominated the game the past 2-3 versions to be defended with stock plays, instead of having to put together Mortal Kombat fatality combinations via hot routes to stop them.

OL/DL

- Last year OL and DL ratings didn't appear to matter IMO. A terrible OL could block like a great one and a great OL would block terribly. Through 15+ games against other users, I can definitely tell the difference of having a terrible OL vs a good DL, and vice versa.

For example I played with Seattle vs Texans. Everyone knows Seattle's OL is terrible and it definitely showed. Regardless of what JJ Watt was at the Line he dominated his matchup if he was blocked straight up and often times when he was double teamed. I must have been sacked or hit while throwing 5-6 times in the 1st half (had to stop game to eat). Often times in previous versions he may as well be another guy because you wouldn't feel his presence. The rush came in as quick as it should have I felt. Had another game with me as the Jets vs Cowboys. Had some neutral plays, but most of the time if Sheldon Richardson wasn't double teamed he destroyed Doug Free. Other times the Cowboys Line showed their dominance in matchups. The pass rush is definitely quick on All-Madden UvU especially when blitzing and having favorable matchups.

Playcalling & Assignments (Defense)

- Last version you were rarely rewarded for choosing the correct stock play call for situations/concepts and plays. Didn't matter if the playcall and execution was all perfect, players did not play to their assignment and weren't aware of what the other was doing. This relates to Gap assignments and Coverage.

I have already seen on many occasions of stock plays and assignments executed as they should successful or not, play out as intended. When I play I'm use to making at minimum of 5-6 adjustments to any given play, something I still will do to create unique looks. However simply calling the correct play and having your guys follow their assignment, when executed properly is lovely to see. Which leads me to assignments when user controlling a player.

In the past controlling a LB or Safety on a stock blitz was about the same odds as only betting one number playing Roulette (in my experience). For example the popular, successful Mike/Will Cross Blitz by Dick LeBeau and Pittsburgh. If you manually controlled one of the blitzing LB's the chances of that blitz working were impossible damn near. I've tried that blitz by manually controlling the LB for as long as I can remember. The only way it could work was letting the AI execute the blitz. *Note I never tried using "defensive assist" where you just hold a button and the CPU does it for you. Now if the OL does not account for the blitz, execution and timing goes well you can manually follow your assignment with this along with other blitzes. I control a LB/MLB 99.6% of the time so love that. Same with following your gap assignment against the run. When you don't do what you are suppose to you will be penalized. When you do and it works out love the reward and risk of doing so.

Kicking

- Love everything about kick meter and difficulty. From the vibration and having to manually aim the kick. One thing I do wish they removed was the kick arc somehow. Just make it real difficult. I'm already pretty proficient with it after so many games, but I still miss a PAT every now and again when I relax. Already have missed more FG's/PAT's than I have in 10+ years of both Madden and NCAA. I fear EA will cater to the masses as they did back on Madden 10 when the kick bar was introduced. Again though alot of that was lag induced. Tried the "pressure moment" kick by calling a TO but my modem rebooted kicking me out of the game when I forced my opponent to kick that way.

Had an XP blocked as my opponent timed it up nicely. As always I relaxed on kicking the XP like it was done years before without a care in the world. I have a pattern of kicking the FG around the same time every time because we have been able to kick without thinking for years.

Like the fact that you just can't "aim low and let it go" anymore.

Coverage

- Enjoy seeing and using the new coverages. Nice to have Buzz Zones/Curl-Flat zones work this version. They did not last version. Also nice to see players work in relation to what the other is doing. When using hybrid coverage the zone assignment does not appear to get confused with the man coverage assignment. Example last version if there was both man and zone coverage on one side of the field, a zone defender would abandon his deeper Buzz coverage assignment to cover a receiver who was defended by man in the flat. So instead of covering a Corner route from a TE, he would leave that open to go to the flat.

Run game

- Like the run game, trying to find holes that aren't predestined to open up. I'm not much of a runner, mostly because I just love to throw the ball and not very patient at running much. I do feel in control of the RB unlike the past 2 versions when I never felt in control when running. Have my feelings that it would be very easy to run with all the new ball carrier moves and other things, but it actually isn't easy which I chalk up to the gap assignments/play actually working as intended. Gun Inside Zone is defended FAR better than it has in been past 2 years. It was comical how much one run from one formation was able to be used to no end without a true way of stopping it. Without 6 different hot route adjustments. This regardless of what OL you had.

Additional stuff

- Commentary as said before is great, what a difference that can make. Learned something I didn't know about Antonio Brown from it.

- Just found out that there is a "give yourself up" option by the QB. Also known the Tom Brady and Peyton Manning go to move...still salty about that BS Manning got away with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk8wdxgj_xY

You can do this with the QB instead of taking a huge hit

- Little thing, I like that in the Highlights the game now shows you who defended/deflected a pass. Though you can't see the replay, just a nice little add to me.

- Love the new plays and formations added to the game. Cover 3 Match and Cover 2 Carry are two of my favorites. Also like the built in hybrids in the game.

- Some don't like the fumbles by the QB, but I do. In the past you could get away with throwing in a crowded area or while getting hit without consequence. Now the fear of strips, pop hits, etc makes that risky. Getting an incompletion every time the QB should have been sacked was a pain. Now it's rewarding to see the possibility of a strip. I have caused fumbles when looking over the replay several times it should indeed been a fumble. When the QB's arm is going back and it hit. Other times you can see where the QB's arm is moving forward and it is not a fumble.

- "Nano Detection". Like that this was programmed into the game, although it likely wouldn't have been of any effect to me since not many ranked games are played. Really just like it because it shows/hints at the direction this Madden team wants to go.

Final Thoughts

Long winded thoughts on the game, but overall I am very impressed with this version of the game. As I said some tweaks here and there are needed but that is to be expected. Still would like to see less suction/warp catching by WR's.

Stock out of the box though this is the best simulation version of Madden.

Don't have any Franchise, MUT or Draft Champion impressions because those are modes I do not play unfortunately. Will post more stuff when I have time and have played 50 or so more games. Want to play more games with different times than I have already played with.

steelerfan
08-24-2016, 11:45 AM
:clap:

I'm really loving the gap assignments and the OL/DL interaction. I've never before seen in Madden the D-Line move down the line of scrimmage, following the flow of the play, as they are engaged with the O-Line.

Granted, I haven't played Madden in 5 years but it is a thing of beauty and it really gives the running game a fresh and more realistic feel.

I'm also impressed by the catch animations and the drops that occur organically through interaction with the defender. Again, it might not be new but it's new to me.

The special teams finally feel like it can have the impact that it should.

There are a few odd interactions between limbs and so forth because of the physics but I'm very hopeful that Frostbite will provide a better experience next year.

I'm looking forward to getting sliders fleshed out to see how much fun this game will be when I have everything clicking the way I like. I think I'll probably enjoy a few seasons in Franchise Mode which hasn't really been possible in about 10 years (though I did play 2 or 3 on M12).

bdoughty
08-24-2016, 02:46 PM
I've got a ? for y'all. I figure there are 2 ways to look at this, 1) they want to sell more more more or 2) I'm a frequent customer and they did me a favor. You make the call.....

Took me all of a minute to find a cartoon mostly based on what happened.

http://i.imgur.com/r44B7PC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rYUyHCE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ihayIFv.jpg

So... Do yourself a favor and get Amazon Prime or the Best Buy Deal and save money and not have to deal with the crap.

gigemaggs99
08-24-2016, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the comic, I'm glad it's not just me. It just seems "strange", I guess that's a "different" way of doing business.

souljahbill
08-24-2016, 04:17 PM
So everyone is feeling this year, huh? Bodes well for me next year. I haven't played Madden since McNabb was on the cover.

steelerfan
08-24-2016, 04:20 PM
So everyone is feeling this year, huh? Bodes well for me next year. I haven't played Madden since McNabb was on the cover.
Well, everyone except mors.

souljahbill
08-24-2016, 04:22 PM
Well, everyone except mors.

He was only kinda negative. That's a positive. :)

morsdraconis
08-24-2016, 08:56 PM
He was only kinda negative. That's a positive. :)

I was really just frustrated that I was seeing some of the same stuff I'd been seeing 4-5 years ago still from the AI. What's been said about the improvements FARRRRRRRR outweigh the negatives I've seen. I did end up switching back to All-Pro and have had a good time with it there. Still allows for me to fuck up occasionally cause I haven't played a football game in years and still have fun with it.

skipwondah33
08-25-2016, 07:50 AM
More impressions after several more games lastnight

OL/DL Pt 2

- wish I saved the plays after I seen them, but still amazed at how the interaction between the OL/DL is. Had a play when Heyward was rushing the QB fighting trying to get to him for a sack as the Lineman was still trying to block him. Heyward was able to make the sack by grabbing/wrapping the QB up with his free arm.

Again truly dominate DL players will be difficult to handle straight up or if you don't account for them. I've used and played against the upper tier DL guys and they have been a force every game in run and pass.

If your OL is below average you will also spend most of your time getting hit or rushing throws. Especially if you do not take the time to recognize the rush or block the TE and/or RB. Speaking of which blocking the RB is better than it was last version. Often times in M16 if you blocked your RB it would end up hurting you as he would do something stupid like set a pick on your own OL allowing a rusher to come in free. While the two players hugged one another

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfkXQTVAVcE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnUL2WevQQI

Deep Ball Coverage

- though I didn't think it was majorly broken last version in terms of aggressive catch being an issue. It did need some work as to the different outcomes and average receivers making OBJ type catches. It has definitely been improved and I love how defenders go up with the same aggression and actually swat the ball away. It was random last version if your defender would even try to swat the ball when you used Swat. Now the defender will do as you are intending to.

Catch animations/transitions

- As SF said the catch animations are definitely nice, none really seem out of place in relation to how the ball needs to be caught.

Speed threshold/movement

- this is a huge, in a prior versions fast guys in short areas never really seemed all that fast compared to slower guys around them. Now I have noticed on numerous occasions when in coverage or pursuing they the faster guys run away from those who are slower than they are. I tried to make several tackles how I've been able to do against faster, quicker guys and end up not being close at all. Where it looks like you are there for the tackle in past versions, now you just get left behind.

Same can go for user coverage on a guy. In the past I've been able to change direction or keep up with WR's across the field with an LB or Safety. Tried to do that against Dez Bryant on a Dig route and he left me behind as he should have against the slower guy. The speed threshold is on '50', but EA definitely made a tweak to it because guys who are a speed above separate perfectly. When you catch a pass in the open it's not the automatic magnet to the ball carrier if you are slower or on the wrong angle.

Commentary pt 2

- Lastnight they talked about Le'Veon Bell's suspension being reduced to 3 games and he'll be motivated when he comes back against the Chiefs!!!! :up:

Ball Physics

​- Look great and actually work

Rudy
08-25-2016, 11:15 AM
Played a crazy game this morning. Won in OT 44-38 with KC over San Diego. Jamaal Charles was fun and dangerous. Haven't touched the speed threshold (or whatever they call it this year) and he broke away from guys well. Phillip Rivers didn't play well against me. I need to check my settings for the cpu pass game a little as they haven't done very well lately with my adjustments.

Tons of big plays. The cpu blocked an XP attempt against me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOJyQhw40OU

Also I returned a kick for a TD and then the cpu did as well! Can't remember the last time the cpu had a great return against me in Madden. I also returned a punt for a TD. They had a pick 6 against me as I threw four on the day. I didn't always make the best decisions lol. But the pick 6 was just an errant pass that got picked. Zone defense and the new calls are a massive part of the playbooks and I am still a bit clueless on what the new plays do. But I did have a lot of fun and throwing to TEs is a crutch for me. KC has some nice offensive players. Melvin Gordon busted a long TD run before the half. He was also pulling off some nice spin moves too.

Going to take Miami into Green Bay next time I play. I want to see Rodgers roast me a bit.

skipwondah33
08-25-2016, 11:27 AM
I've never been into touching the speed threshold, well only because you can't in unranked online games.

But it is definitely not needed this version. Fast, quick guys in relation to slower guys is definitely noticeable. Trying to corral faster guys in an open space is difficult. Lesean Mccoy for example is extremely difficult. You will think you have him in the backfield, but yet he gets away and between multiple players. This is without jukes or the special ball carrier moves, just simple slight changes in direction.

Ran a punt return back for the first time in ever...since Madden 11 (extremely easy on both kick and punt returns on All Madden)

souljahbill
08-25-2016, 04:52 PM
That's good to hear about the speed threshold. I play with it on 0 in NCAA because it I like seeing the fast guys actually be faster than D-linemen.

cdj
08-25-2016, 08:20 PM
Good news: You can edit draft classes prior to the draft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2SQm55win8

Bad news: I haven't seen this first-hand, but reading on social media that due to the ability to see draftee ratings while editing, this feature is going to be turned off in Cloud-stored Franchise Mode and patched out for offline Franchises.

FWIW, the ability to edit draft classes was not in the game until added relatively late due to community event feedback. If true, this is very frustrating to see it removed due to an exploit. I understand the complaints, but EA can't control the morality of users in online Franchises and this removes a feature that offline users (and those who would not exploit it) might greatly enjoy. Personally, I think this removal will greatly dampen my enthusiasm to play multiple seasons of Franchise Mode in M17.

steelerfan
08-26-2016, 01:42 AM
Personally, I would never take the time to edit draft classes so it doesn't affect me at all. That said, I agree that it shouldn't be removed for "moral reasons".

If they want that much control over how people enjoy the game, they never should have added editing to begin with.

Rudy
08-26-2016, 05:45 AM
I had another punt return for td. Hope that was lucky because two in five or six games is awful high. Plus I had a kick return for td as well.

skipwondah33
08-26-2016, 07:39 AM
I had another punt return for td. Hope that was lucky because two in five or six games is awful high. Plus I had a kick return for td as well.I've only returned 1 in about 40 games so far. All against users though

cdj
08-26-2016, 08:36 AM

skipwondah33
08-26-2016, 09:16 AM
Not sure which part is funnier, the missed FG Touchdown or Cordarrelle Patterson actually catching a touchdown pass

Deuce
08-26-2016, 09:25 AM
I've only returned 1 in about 40 games so far. All against users though

40 games! Damn!

You still feel great about the game?

steelerfan
08-26-2016, 10:26 AM
I had another punt return for td. Hope that was lucky because two in five or six games is awful high. Plus I had a kick return for td as well.
I noticed the long punt return averages almost immediately. I attributed it to the ridiculous punt distances at default. I've been working the punt power slider down and I believe the sweet spot is going to be between 41 and 45.

That said, try lowering the punt power slider so that A) punt averages are more realistic and B) the punters are not out-kicking their coverage.

I say all of this, of course, not knowing if it's something you've thought of or tried.

skipwondah33
08-26-2016, 10:39 AM
40 games! Damn!

You still feel great about the game?Yes sir, still even finding out little things in the game that I didn't know were in.

More and more impressed with how the run game is and feels as I continue to run more.

Just hope the patch doesn't change the game outside of the issues that need fixed.

cdj
08-26-2016, 12:11 PM
Using the slide controls behind the LOS will have your QB "give up" to avoid a sack/strip fumble. I don't think this is shown in the game anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACBa1cFGkJc

gigemaggs99
08-26-2016, 12:35 PM
Yes sir, still even finding out little things in the game that I didn't know were in.

More and more impressed with how the run game is and feels as I continue to run more.

Just hope the patch doesn't change the game outside of the issues that need fixed.

This is going to sound like a really stupid question, I'm not being sarcastic, I don't know, so I ask. If I want to play offline only, when a patch comes out is there an option to not install it? I ask b/c it seems like in the past the game will be really good, it will have it flaws here and there, but then they come out with a patch that changes a lot all at once, not just the big things the majority wanted. I'm more of the mind-set that if it's not really really broken don't fix it, sure it might be different than it was in previous versions but change isn't always bad. Now if it's 100% broken, then yes patch it, but why change it just because people are resistant to change? If you like the old way, play the older version. No?

Like Skip seems to be saying here, he's learned to like the new game, he's liking the new features, he's not saying how previous ways were better, I assume if he liked the older version he'd put that disk back in his machine.

gigemaggs99
08-26-2016, 12:36 PM
Using the slide controls behind the LOS will have your QB "give up" to avoid a sack/strip fumble. I don't think this is shown in the game anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACBa1cFGkJc

VERY VERY COOL! This seems like a really good tip, I'd subscribe to his channel. I like when people help out. Thanks for posting this.

skipwondah33
08-26-2016, 02:09 PM
This is going to sound like a really stupid question, I'm not being sarcastic, I don't know, so I ask. If I want to play offline only, when a patch comes out is there an option to not install it? I ask b/c it seems like in the past the game will be really good, it will have it flaws here and there, but then they come out with a patch that changes a lot all at once, not just the big things the majority wanted. I'm more of the mind-set that if it's not really really broken don't fix it, sure it might be different than it was in previous versions but change isn't always bad. Now if it's 100% broken, then yes patch it, but why change it just because people are resistant to change? If you like the old way, play the older version. No?

Like Skip seems to be saying here, he's learned to like the new game, he's liking the new features, he's not saying how previous ways were better, I assume if he liked the older version he'd put that disk back in his machine.Not a stupid question at all. You could do one of two things if I am not mistaken if you do not want the patch.

1. Turn off your internet connection when you play Madden so that it will not try to download and/or install the patch
2. Decline the update, of course it will say "you cannot play online" which wouldn't matter anyway but I'm pretty sure that is an option.

And you are correct, in past year's the game was patched and changed. For the better in areas that needed adjustment, then in others where no change is necessary.

I do have a feeling they are going to patch kicking somehow, pass rush from getting in too quickly (I love it honestly) and the sack fumbles or fumbles in general. I hear the complaints about the fumbles mostly. That's just people having bad habits though where they were able to sit back, make a turkey sandwich in the pocket then decide to throw last minute only resulting in the pop up incompletion.

Problem is even if the game changes after the patch, I'd still play it over Madden 16 or any of the last 3-4 previous versions. I get your point though and it does make sense.

Rudy
08-26-2016, 04:18 PM
I noticed the long punt return averages almost immediately. I attributed it to the ridiculous punt distances at default. I've been working the punt power slider down and I believe the sweet spot is going to be between 41 and 45.

That said, try lowering the punt power slider so that A) punt averages are more realistic and B) the punters are not out-kicking their coverage.

I say all of this, of course, not knowing if it's something you've thought of or tried.

I had it down to 45 but may have to reduce it further. You are definitely correct that punt distances are way too strong on default.

Rudy
08-26-2016, 04:27 PM
I think Gaudin is fantastic. I had my reservations about Davis since I think he's too low key but it works well with Gaudin's high energy style. The banter is great and you can tell a lot of dialogue was recorded together.

steelerfan
08-26-2016, 06:23 PM
Agreed Rudy.

In my game the afternoon, Gaudin said, "Jamal Charles, a dynamo since the break, with three rushing touchdowns in the 3rd quarter!"

He said that AS SOON AS Charles ran the third one in. Impressive!

jaymo76
08-27-2016, 12:22 AM
Vacation over.... That was a long 10 days. Time to try out Madden. I'll probably one play for a game or so... The east to west time zone is a killer!

steelerfan
08-27-2016, 12:25 AM
Vacation over.... That was a long 10 days. Time to try out Madden. I'll probably one play for a game or so... The east to west time zone is a killer!
Cool, man. Interested in what you think about the game.

East coast? Where'd you go? Cape Breten?

jaymo76
08-27-2016, 12:58 AM
Outstanding intro!
-however, way too easy to run the ball On All Pro.
Nice to see your settings carry over from last year
Soundtrack... Horrendous!!!
Commentary is great already
Love seeing the scores on the bottom of the screen
Clean crisp intros though a tad short for my liking

Not so much...
I am struggling with kicking but it is an improvement
Normal is too fast IMO
Cpu has no run game
The player intros are really tacky

jaymo76
08-27-2016, 01:00 AM
Cool, man. Interested in what you think about the game.

East coast? Where'd you go? Cape Breten?

Close... Montreal, Fredericton and Orlando.

jaymo76
08-27-2016, 01:23 AM
Further thoughts....

Speedy receivers kills in this game as per usual
Still not seeing group end zone celebrations
What's with the monolith? A gray madden screen doesn't work for me.
Zone seems a little too tight while man seems too loose
I'm not getting any Dline penetration without blitzing
Cpu timeout at 1:01... Again...
Really like the pilot cam but doesn't always make sense
Good stat banners but more are needed
Halftime is identical to last year
Return game feels better

steelerfan
08-27-2016, 01:32 AM
Good to see your thoughts, buddy.

Gray monolith? What are you talking about?

jaymo76
08-27-2016, 01:49 AM
Good to see your thoughts, buddy.

Gray monolith? What are you talking about?

My QB intro shows a gray screen with madden 17 rather than showing a player. Is this an issue with EA Access?

jaymo76
08-27-2016, 01:56 AM
Just played another Skins vs Rams game. I won as the Skins, 29-14. It was a fun game. I played default AA. Sliders need some work but it's a fair starting point.

Cousins. 11/17 270 yards 3 td
Goff. 16/29 169 yards 2 td 1 isn't

Jones 14 rushes 55 yards
Hurley 9 rushes 18 yards

Jackson 3 rec 228 yards 3 td
Quick 4 rec 59 yards 1 td

I was 3/3 in fog but missed one convert.

I had no penalties but the Rams had 4 holding. There were also no injuries. Those are areas to be worked on via sliders.

Okay.... Time for bed.

souljahbill
08-27-2016, 05:52 AM
It saddens me that Madden is pretty good and there's no NCAA game.

steelerfan
08-27-2016, 06:21 AM
My QB intro shows a gray screen with madden 17 rather than showing a player. Is this an issue with EA Access?
I have never seen or heard of that. I'm guessing that it is an EA Access exclusive. :D

SmoothPancakes
08-27-2016, 06:43 AM
It saddens me that Madden is pretty good and there's no NCAA game.
Amen. :(

The NCAA bug is gnawing my goddamn leg off right now, god I wish we had an amazing, new, up to date copy of the game to play. :(

Rudy
08-27-2016, 07:36 AM
I'm still hearing commentary I never heard before. Played two more games this morning.

I know a lot of people said they were having issues with fumbles and strip sacks but when I had read that early on I had raised my fumble slider to 60 from the beginning and have had no issues and only seen a few fumbles. I do think the cpu QB needs to scramble more and they don't run the HB screen well.

I really like how tackling feels. Cutbacks and vision in the running game are really nice. I think the outside runs are more successful than the inside ones. Running the stretch can be highly successful. I had 30 carries for 165 yards with Gurley against the Vikings. AP had over 100 yards against me although a huge run made that happen.

Missed another XP. I'm pretty good at it now but I can't take it for granted. If I don't pay attention I can blow that thing. My punt return team now has backed into the ball twice and screwed me. Again - must pay attention and get those guys away from the ball inside the 10.

Overall I would say All-Madden is playing very well although I think players that are really good must be upset and think it's too easy because I can compete on this level. Beat the Vikings with the Rams this morning but blew the Redskin game with the Giants. Had a couple great grabs in traffic with OBJ but the aggressive catch is pretty realistic this year. Scrubs don't pull it off very often.

And I like the soundtrack actually. Glad they got "My House" into the stadium music too.

Rudy
08-27-2016, 08:29 AM
Two negatives: 1) cpu playcalling can be lopsided. If they are a running team they run a lot. More than I think they should. It could be more balanced.
2) On penalties on plays that have turnovers the referee announces the wrong side. If I'm on offense and fumble but there was a defensive holding the ref announces offensive holding because they assumed change of possession already. It's wrong and needs to be fixed.

Rudy
08-27-2016, 08:54 AM
Here is a really nice run by cpu Cam Newton.

http://youtu.be/tXCL8Q9PmVA

Now here is a really dumb play on 3rd and 17 that illustrates a bug/issue with cpu QBs not scrambling.

http://youtu.be/-yEbtB13tYc

Escobar
08-27-2016, 09:29 AM
Good news: You can edit draft classes prior to the draft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2SQm55win8

Bad news: I haven't seen this first-hand, but reading on social media that due to the ability to see draftee ratings while editing, this feature is going to be turned off in Cloud-stored Franchise Mode and patched out for offline Franchises.

FWIW, the ability to edit draft classes was not in the game until added relatively late due to community event feedback. If true, this is very frustrating to see it removed due to an exploit. I understand the complaints, but EA can't control the morality of users in online Franchises and this removes a feature that offline users (and those who would not exploit it) might greatly enjoy. Personally, I think this removal will greatly dampen my enthusiasm to play multiple seasons of Franchise Mode in M17.

I just tried to do this, and they already took it out. smh. There was a 1st Round QB perfect for me to rebrand into Deshaun Watson.

jaymo76
08-27-2016, 10:56 AM
I just tried to do this, and they already took it out. smh. There was a 1st Round QB perfect for me to rebrand into Deshaun Watson.

It really is shocking that you tout a new feature and then because all modes must be identical you strip the feature you just added. This should not be removed from an offline CFM.

Rudy
08-27-2016, 12:31 PM
I think I'm going to start a Ram's franchise. I really like Gurley and the throwbacks are nice.

https://youtu.be/iTYsgPWB2GE

souljahbill
08-27-2016, 01:27 PM
Amen. :(

The NCAA bug is gnawing my goddamn leg off right now, god I wish we had an amazing, new, up to date copy of the game to play. :(

From what I've seen in videos, I'd love to have the pass coverage of this game. In NCAA 14, the whole "defender backpedals another 5 yards AFTER the receiver cuts" thing irks my nerves. My All-American 90+ ovr safety can't keep up with a 71 ovr TE that runs a corner route.

jaymo76
08-27-2016, 05:02 PM
So lucky me... I fell asleep last night and lost 4 hours of Access. I am down to under 3 hours. I like the game but in all honesty I just don't know if enough has been done to franchise mode to warrant a purchase. I am having fun now but will I in two weeks?

steelerfan
08-27-2016, 05:14 PM
I am having fun now but will I in two weeks?

No.

Because you will have used up your 3 remaining hours. [emoji4]

SmoothPancakes
08-27-2016, 07:07 PM
No.

Because you will have used up your 3 remaining hours. [emoji4]
:D

gigemaggs99
08-28-2016, 12:56 PM
?, how do you do a pump fake? In the controls section is says it's the R3. I try the R3 and it makes him jump around in the pocket like "qb avoidance". If I click the R3 he throws the ball away.

Any ideas on how to do a pump fake?

Thanks.

Edit: Found it, it's L3.

steelerfan
08-28-2016, 01:10 PM
?, how do you do a pump fake? In the controls section is says it's the R3. I try the R3 and it makes him jump around in the pocket like "qb avoidance". If I click the R3 he throws the ball away.

Any ideas on how to do a pump fake?

Thanks.

Edit: Found it, it's L3.
Thanks. I hadn't figured that out myself.

Rudy
08-28-2016, 02:31 PM
It does appear that you can throw fairly early before a WR makes his break. I should probably test that out more. How are you guys finding it?

gigemaggs99
08-28-2016, 03:38 PM
It does appear that you can throw fairly early before a WR makes his break. I should probably test that out more. How are you guys finding it?

I haven't messed with is a lot (playing on default sliders on All-Pro). I have thrown a few passes where I'm worried it's too far (deep routes) but the WR catches up to it.

Here is an example:
http://xboxclips.com/gigemaggs99/1cef02ab-9567-4ebc-adcd-4c0123939d05/embed

jaymo76
08-28-2016, 04:30 PM
So my EA ACCESS is done.... I am on the fence as to purchasing the game. It's better than 16 for sure. Are people pleased with the game thus far?

SmoothPancakes
08-28-2016, 04:33 PM
I'm enjoying it. I'm debating whether I want to try a franchise with the Broncos or go with a different team. Also debating if I want to do a owner or coach only franchise.

I might also do a "my player" franchise, work my way up the ranks as a rookie.

Rudy
08-28-2016, 06:44 PM
I have really enjoyed the gameplay. CPU qbs need to scramble more. Sideline awareness is not good. I thought it was better last year but either way players go out of bounds or don't get two feet in bounds well enough. But the line play, cutbacks in the running game, jukes all feel very nice to me. I have issues with the franchise mode which I will discuss in the other thread.

Rudy
08-29-2016, 07:37 AM
I had a bug when I resumed my second half of my franchise mode. I save it at half time and when I came back I had no time outs in the second half. Didn't even notice it until the 4th quarter. Not sure I want to replicate that but I will make sure I won't exit the application until I've at least run a play in the second half because I think it saved the fact I used my time outs in the first half. Not sure.

Wind is still annoying in that Madden needs an accurate wind sock. Pointing left means it's actually in your face (and going down). Pointing right means it's at your back. Saw the cpu boom an 85 yard punt with an 11mph wind. That's a little crazy. But then they were using sky punts into the wind and it was going nowhere. The AI could use some work on that.

Still love reading blocks and breaking tackles here and there. I think the tackle QTE stuff could be better. I'd rather not even see it on screen and just mash a button to break tackles when I'm engaged. It doesn't have to be a QTE imo. It doesn't show up that often and I usually fail at it anyways.

http://youtu.be/9J8B_1mo3yo

jaymo76
08-29-2016, 12:41 PM
I decided to buy this yesterday and played all night long. These two things are bothering me.

There are too many fumbles on ALL Madden (at least in franchise). If you have a low AWR and get hit (as a QB that is) there is a very high probability you will fumble.

Zero pass rush for hum while the cpu D gets too much penetration on run plays (All Madden)

Rudy
08-29-2016, 01:15 PM
I do notice that recovering a fumble takes a lot longer than in the past. This is more realistic but can lead to some massive pile-ups that are comical. I've got fumble slider at 60 and I like it there. I think sliders can fix most of your issues Jaymo.

steelerfan
08-29-2016, 01:16 PM
I'm not seeing any problem with fumbles. The very first game that I played I saw a couple QB fumbles and was concerned but since then - none.

I've had 1 or 2 total fumbles per game since then with the slider at 50 on All-Pro. That's me and the CPU combined. I might have had a game with 3 but nothing glaring or problematic.

I think the key to avoiding the QB fumbles is getting rid of the ball before you get hit. Sounds obvious but we could get away with it in the past and we can't anymore.

skipwondah33
08-29-2016, 01:20 PM
I've had only 5 fumbles from my QB's in 56 games so far (all vs users), 4 of those have been Draft Champions on All-Pro, 1 ranked game on All-Pro. Rest All-Madden unranked games. Should be noted that I am a prolific thrower, so I'm attempting/dropping back 30-35+ times a game so I'd see them ALOT more than most.

Majority of the games have been with me being Steelers with a mix of random teams in between, with QB's from Osweiler, Mariota, Wilson and Fitzpatrick. After the Steelers, I'd say I've used the Jets the most.

One thing I am mindful of is when I'm getting rid of the ball. I don't wait too late like alot of people are still doing that I see.

Man I hope they don't touch either and if they do, only with offline mode

edit: Too late.

http://www.operationsports.com/news/888309/madden-nfl-17-tuning-update-available-now-reduces-strip-fumbles/

jaymo76
08-29-2016, 01:53 PM
I've had only 5 fumbles from my QB's in 56 games so far (all vs users), 4 of those have been Draft Champions on All-Pro, 1 ranked game on All-Pro. Rest All-Madden unranked games. Should be noted that I am a prolific thrower, so I'm attempting/dropping back 30-35+ times a game so I'd see them ALOT more than most.

Majority of the games have been with me being Steelers with a mix of random teams in between, with QB's from Osweiler, Mariota, Wilson and Fitzpatrick. After the Steelers, I'd say I've used the Jets the most.

One thing I am mindful of is when I'm getting rid of the ball. I don't wait too late like alot of people are still doing that I see.

Man I hope they don't touch either and if they do, only with offline mode

edit: Too late.

http://www.operationsports.com/news/888309/madden-nfl-17-tuning-update-available-now-reduces-strip-fumbles/

I should clarify... it's not the strip fumbles. I actually like the frequency. It the QB hit fumble and it only really plays a factor is you have AWR below 70. I have had zero with established qb's and a boat load with awr below 70. I agree that these QB's should fumble more often but the animation becomes locked in and then you know a fumble is coming. It's not random.

Rudy
08-29-2016, 01:54 PM
I had read the user strip fumble control was over powered. I don't use it so I don't have a clue.

jaymo76
08-29-2016, 02:02 PM
Q. What exactly happened to penalties? I thought in Madden 16 they were perfect. This seems like a return to Madden 15. The only thing called in 8 games thus far... holding and roughing the passer. Again, mno slider changes as at this point I don't have the time. It's sad that penalties have been nerfed so much tough...

jaymo76
08-29-2016, 02:04 PM
I should clarify... it's not the strip fumbles. I actually like the frequency. It the QB hit fumble and it only really plays a factor is you have AWR below 70. I have had zero with established qb's and a boat load with awr below 70. I agree that these QB's should fumble more often but the animation becomes locked in and then you know a fumble is coming. It's not random.

I saw that Rex reported on Twitter that the fumbles were NOT based on how people play the game but in fact a "bug" in the code that needed to be fixed. Some are speculating that this bug has caused scrambling QB's to stay in the pocket.

There was a legitimate bug in the strip ball code. Don't make an assumption this was based only on people complaining.

skipwondah33
08-29-2016, 02:06 PM
I should clarify... it's not the strip fumbles. I actually like the frequency. It the QB hit fumble and it only really plays a factor is you have AWR below 70. I have had zero with established qb's and a boat load with awr below 70. I agree that these QB's should fumble more often but the animation becomes locked in and then you know a fumble is coming. It's not random.So one's where you are not trying to throw at all, just getting sacked while in the pocket?

If those, I've only had 1 of those in all of those games. Even with the lower tiered QB's, though it's against users. Cannot comment against CPU.

jaymo76
08-29-2016, 02:11 PM
So one's where you are not trying to throw at all, just getting sacked while in the pocket?

If those, I've only had 1 of those in all of those games. Even with the lower tiered QB's, though it's against users. Cannot comment against CPU.

Yeah, pretty much that's my only issue. Who know how the tuner will impact the game now.

jaymo76
08-29-2016, 02:13 PM
I should say, I have complained a bit today about some annoying stuff. However, I am absolutely loving formation subs. Seeing three RB's get carries and having a short yardage QB... awesome!

skipwondah33
08-29-2016, 02:16 PM
Yeah, pretty much that's my only issue. Who know how the tuner will impact the game now.But were those strips or just from hits?

The tuning update says it addresses strip fumbles.

Believe it is only addressing the 'L1 strip tackle' method that people were trying to use as a means of tackling. Everytime I tried it the ball carrier broke multiple tackles so I stopped trying it.

I've been sacked ALOT because the pass rush and stock blitzes actually work. Just rushing from elite rushers work if unaccounted for, but I haven't fumbled much with those sacks. Teams with lesser rated OL's will take a beating.

Rex can say there was a legitimate bug, but wasn't found until the complaints hit haha

jaymo76
08-29-2016, 02:22 PM
But were those strips or just from hits?

The tuning update says it addresses strip fumbles.

Believe it is only addressing the 'L1 strip tackle' method that people were trying to use as a means of tackling. Everytime I tried it the ball carrier broke multiple tackles so I stopped trying it.

I've been sacked ALOT because the pass rush and stock blitzes actually work. Just rushing from elite rushers work if unaccounted for, but I haven't fumbled much with those sacks. Teams with lesser rated OL's will take a beating.

Rex can say there was a legitimate bug, but wasn't found until the complaints hit haha

Sorry, my fumbles were from hits. My OL is BAD and my QB's get lit up. The avg ovr on my OL is 70.

steelerfan
08-29-2016, 02:29 PM
Jaymo,

I'll do my best to get all of my sliders and settings posted tonight in my slider thread. I know most won't need or want them but I think my penalty sliders are pretty damn good and I'm seeing variety and a very good number per game.

skipwondah33
08-29-2016, 02:53 PM
Sorry, my fumbles were from hits. My OL is BAD and my QB's get lit up. The avg ovr on my OL is 70.Ah gotcha, yeah this tuning update doesn't appear to fix that then.

Not sure if you are able to strip sack the QB like that, I imagine you can. When running the ball I haven't ran into the issue because I don't overly try ball carrier moves and always use R1 to protect football

With an OL like that you will suffer this version Online All-Madden, sounds like the same is true offline. May want to use the 'give up sack' feature. L2 + R2 + Square

From my experience playing other users, when you have a bad OL you will get pressured and hit all game long. When I used Seattle 2x, Wilson is constantly getting sacked or hit. This is with me recognizing blitz and getting extra blocking, they simply lose their matchup as they should against teams I faced off (Texans, Packers). JJ Watt is tough to contain unless you are literally firing ball out soon as you get the snap.

gigemaggs99
08-29-2016, 04:00 PM
Q. What exactly happened to penalties? I thought in Madden 16 they were perfect. This seems like a return to Madden 15. The only thing called in 8 games thus far... holding and roughing the passer. Again, mno slider changes as at this point I don't have the time. It's sad that penalties have been nerfed so much tough...

Not sure if it's the mode I'm playing, (user v user) in the "play now" but me and my son have seen multiple penalties. Roughing the passer, roughing the kicker, offensive holding, defensive PI, illegal kick (kick-off out of bounds), offsides on the Defense, encroachment on the defense (in the neutral zone).

This isn't a penalty but one thing they've added which is SUPER NICE, my son kicked off to me, I just let the ball bounce around in the endzone like I used to in previous years, it IS a live ball but in the past if you didn't go after it and take a knee it would default to a touch back. NOT this year, he ran down fell on the ball in the endzone for a TD! I was happily surprised.

Back to the penalties, what other penalties are you looking for? Seems like in real life there is a bunch of PI and holding, other than that most are here and there, holding and PI seem to be the most common in the NFL in my opinion.

We haven't played a BUNCH of games but in the 10-15 user v user games we've played one thing that I would say needs to be toned down is the break-up of the passes, my son will throw a ball to his WR I'll jump with my DB to break up the pass and the animation is almost like my DB hits the ball out of the WR's hands like a volley ball set and another DB comes in for the INT. I can see that happening once in a game but 3-4 times per game seems a bit high. It's a cool animation, just wish when I threw the ball I didn't have the feeling of "here goes nothing..."

Rudy
08-29-2016, 04:57 PM
I see offsides, holding, false start and face mask almost every game. I use default sliders and don't see a lot but I don't like to see 5+ penalties per team. I'm not super Sim that way. I have also seen block in the back and even one offensive pass interference penalty. No defensive PI though.

steelerfan
08-29-2016, 10:05 PM
Jaymo,

I'll do my best to get all of my sliders and settings posted tonight in my slider thread. I know most won't need or want them but I think my penalty sliders are pretty damn good and I'm seeing variety and a very good number per game.
Too lazy to get them all entered right now, but here are the penalties I'm currently using in case you're interested.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160830/db4f0fcc240093d7d664319c0012a594.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160830/e00106a321192bd96afc6fde26f1ab42.jpg

bdoughty
08-29-2016, 10:32 PM
Just got my Xbox One back from the neighbors kid. Never loaning out my console again, that was a brutal two weeks. Amazon still had the 20% off Madden so I get the game Wed. This is the first time I can recall not purchasing Madden at launch.

Madden coming in, college football just started. It truly is the most wonderful time of the year.

Rudy
08-31-2016, 07:40 AM
EA needs to fix the wind direction. Down = Wind from Left. Up = Wind from Right. Right -> = At your back. Left <-- = In your face.

QB fumbles on sacks are too high in my franchise - at least for my user QB Goff. Been sacked 8 times and fumbled 6. Now, not sure if they aren't recording fumble sacks as fumbles (they should) but that's too high. Maybe it's related to Goff's fumble attribute I don't know. But too high imo.

Injuries in franchise are crazy on sim. Big Ben, Carson Palmer are out. Suh was lost for the year. It's a list of walking wounded out there but when you actually play the game there are very few injuries. This needs some tuning.

CPU AI is still poor and does not adjust well. My entire offense is centered around Gurley and yet they don't bring a safety in the box often at all. Unless it's third and short it is rare to see them adjust. Just looking at both my season stats as well as what Gurley is doing in game and they should be running a heavier run defense. Conversely, when I've got the ball on my own 25 with 30 seconds left they shouldn't be pressing my WRs with no safety help. This stuff needs to get better. Also, I see too many big plays on run Stretch plays. On sacks the DL are stone-walled too often or break free. Too black and white. I'd like to see some pushing the pocket animations more without breaking loose.

I'm really struggling against zones. I need to stop using the coach suggestions on offense and go with some better options. The coach suggested plays are limited and the same plays are recycled over and over.

My MLB came back from injury and I don't know what the hell happened but suddenly in formation subs he's my RCB for some reason! Opening game of the Lions and he got torched for a TD. Couldn't believe it. There is no formation subs full menu when in-game. You have to use the quick sub R1 method to fix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7w7-31_BTk

jaymo76
08-31-2016, 11:24 AM
EA needs to fix the wind direction. Down = Wind from Left. Up = Wind from Right. Right -> = At your back. Left <-- = In your face.

QB fumbles on sacks are too high in my franchise - at least for my user QB Goff. Been sacked 8 times and fumbled 6. Now, not sure if they aren't recording fumble sacks as fumbles (they should) but that's too high. Maybe it's related to Goff's fumble attribute I don't know. But too high imo.

Injuries in franchise are crazy on sim. Big Ben, Carson Palmer are out. Suh was lost for the year. It's a list of walking wounded out there but when you actually play the game there are very few injuries. This needs some tuning.

CPU AI is still poor and does not adjust well. My entire offense is centered around Gurley and yet they don't bring a safety in the box often at all. Unless it's third and short it is rare to see them adjust. Just looking at both my season stats as well as what Gurley is doing in game and they should be running a heavier run defense. Conversely, when I've got the ball on my own 25 with 30 seconds left they shouldn't be pressing my WRs with no safety help. This stuff needs to get better. Also, I see too many big plays on run Stretch plays. On sacks the DL are stone-walled too often or break free. Too black and white. I'd like to see some pushing the pocket animations more without breaking loose.

I'm really struggling against zones. I need to stop using the coach suggestions on offense and go with some better options. The coach suggested plays are limited and the same plays are recycled over and over.

My MLB came back from injury and I don't know what the hell happened but suddenly in formation subs he's my RCB for some reason! Opening game of the Lions and he got torched for a TD. Couldn't believe it. There is no formation subs full menu when in-game. You have to use the quick sub R1 method to fix.

I agree with all of your points. I am seeing the same things.

rufusone
08-31-2016, 04:00 PM

I'm really struggling against zones. I need to stop using the coach suggestions on offense and go with some better options. The coach suggested plays are limited and the same plays are recycled over and over. My MLB came back from injury and I don't know what the hell happened but suddenly in formation subs he's my RCB for some reason! Opening game of the Lions and he got torched for a TD. Couldn't believe it. There is no formation subs full menu when in-game. You have to use the quick sub R1 method to fix.

I agree also.
As for plays, I guess I should pick my own plays, since the coach suggestions are all the same all the time. I wish there was a better way.
Fumbles on QBs allot also.

souljahbill
08-31-2016, 06:02 PM
I agree also.
As for plays, I guess I should pick my own plays, since the coach suggestions are all the same all the time. I wish there was a better way.
Fumbles on QBs allot also.

In my dynasty in NCAA 14, I tried doing the "Ask Coach" plays to "simulate" the coordinators calling plays but that ended after 2 games as the play-calling was atrocious.

jaymo76
08-31-2016, 07:23 PM
In my dynasty in NCAA 14, I tried doing the "Ask Coach" plays to "simulate" the coordinators calling plays but that ended after 2 games as the play-calling was atrocious.

Madden 17 is literally the same six plays over and over. The feature is unusable.

souljahbill
08-31-2016, 07:27 PM
Madden 17 is literally the same six plays over and over. The feature is unusable.

Just like NCAA. Screen passes for days.

Rudy
08-31-2016, 08:11 PM

I wouldn't call it completely unusable but I don't like a lot of them. And there needs to be more random stuff. On 1st down the bottom play in suggestions is a stretch out of singleback, 3 WRs every single time for the Rams unless it's a 2 minute situation. Something has to be wrong there.

Right now if I don't have WRs that can win downfield I am stuck throwing crossing patterns and screen passes as most of my passing game. Curls work here and there but my receivers don't sit down in holes in the zone as well as the cpu does against me. I do admit to being a bad passer and may simply be blind and missing the right reads.

Rudy
09-01-2016, 08:39 AM
The man alignment in certain 43 and 46 defences is bad. LBs have criss cross responsibility that make no sense. I don't notice this in dime or nickel. In the past I thought the man align option would fix this but it doesn't.

cdj
09-01-2016, 09:36 AM

Yeah, the Suggested Plays are useless. I can't believe how bad they are and hate when they pop up on 4th down.

Any thoughts on the recent tuner update? I've read some people say they think it made Aggressive Catches over-powered again, but EA says the tuning didn't touch that - only adjusting (reducing) the effectiveness of stripping the ball.

skipwondah33
09-01-2016, 10:13 AM
Yeah, the Suggested Plays are useless. I can't believe how bad they are and hate when they pop up on 4th down.

Any thoughts on the recent tuner update? I've read some people say they think it made Aggressive Catches over-powered again, but EA says the tuning didn't touch that - only adjusting (reducing) the effectiveness of stripping the ball.Haha again, when the game is patched or tampered with it changes the game. Past 2 nights I've noticed the catches being more successful than Day 1 when I got the game. Recently I've had more caught on me than I had that entire week.

Edit: Other guys that I play Madden with in leagues seem to think it has as well.

On another note, aren't the "Ask Coach" plays based on what you rate them as in your playbook? I never will or use the feature, but it was my understanding that the plays were based from that. Go like you are creating a Custom Playbook, there you can rate your plays for down, distance, situation, etc. Then I am assuming depending on what down, etc it picks from those plays

In previous versions when 'Gameplanning' was first put into the game that was the purpose.

Rudy
09-01-2016, 01:22 PM
The development team hasn't touched those ratings in years. I think we get the leftovers which can be done better. It's why the CPU loved calling 4 verticals on third and long.

skipwondah33
09-01-2016, 01:48 PM
The development team hasn't touched those ratings in years. I think we get the leftovers which can be done better. It's why the CPU loved calling 4 verticals on third and long.They don't touch them, figured that was left to the user to rate your own plays of how you wanted the game to be called.

Don't know how Franchise works or if you need to have a custom playbook but I do know that some plays tied to a rating cannot be removed, so apparently they are working.

For example I have a formation in my playbook that is solely for Hail Mary. It is the only play from that formation. On the 4th down and few seconds left that is the play that is prompted, without me even having to select Coach Suggestion. Same goes for this Play Action play. I can remove every play in the formation except this one play because it is ranked to be used in PA situations.

You guys should try that out, it should give you more control over the plays that are called if you use Coach Suggestions. 95% sure that is what it is for.

Rudy
09-01-2016, 02:22 PM
I might have to do that in order to remove plays I don't like and add plays I do. We will see how lazy I am lol.

On another note I like how I can get big gains out of screens but they are too effective imo.

skipwondah33
09-01-2016, 02:33 PM
I might have to do that in order to remove plays I don't like and add plays I do. We will see how lazy I am lol.

On another note I like how I can get big gains out of screens but they are too effective imo.Yeah this was introduced back on Madden 11, called "Game Flow". Rate your plays and it uses those plays that you rated for each situation, per formation.

Only issue with it then was it was a play call setting that had to be enabled. For example if Game Flow was turned on, both players had to use it. This was easily resolved however because even with it turned off, the one player who wanted to use it still could...just had to use "Coach Suggestions" while player two could use the standard method of playcall screen.

HB screens are slightly less effective than they were last version, but still effective depending on the play call of the Defense. (HB Screens). I have definitely stopped them easily this version. I would say half the time I am getting sacks because the RB is being held up by a defender or the pass rush is so quick to get in this version. They aren't anything like they were in Madden 13 and 25. It was nothing to average a TD or two a game from any screen pass.

skipwondah33
09-01-2016, 03:27 PM

Rudy
09-01-2016, 05:24 PM
I like those tweets he has. Always in favour of the user lol.

jaymo76
09-02-2016, 12:07 AM
QB fumbles are just killing this game for me. I now have 16 QB fumbles in 10 CFM games...

Rudy
09-02-2016, 04:10 AM
QB fumbles are just killing this game for me. I now have 16 QB fumbles in 10 CFM games...

This absolutely needs to be tuned down. No question in my mind. Maybe confidence hits need to be reduced but I can't have Goff fumbling on almost every sack. I'm rushing my throws and decisions as a result. That percentage should probably be less than 25% where a sack produces a fumble. Instead it's 75%+ for me.

Rudy
09-02-2016, 06:55 AM
Is anyone finding the cpu zone defenders are constantly dropping in the 10-15 yard range? I am not a good passer but I find it very hard to hit the intermediate routes against cpu zones but drags and crossing routes are open almost all the time. I think there needs to be more variety in the play calling here.

Also, they need to add commentary for injuries. They comment on the injury and say we'll have more when we come back but there never is more. It's like the game is waiting for a sideline reporter to fill us in but there isn't any.

morsdraconis
09-02-2016, 12:45 PM
It's not the playcalling, it's the logic that they have set for the zones. They have guys that should be dropping 5-10 yards dropping 10-15 yards. I end up having to put guys into QB spy to get the desired effect I'm looking for out of the cover 2 zones from the MLBs that should be 5-10 yards instead of 10-15. It's very frustrating.

jaymo76
09-02-2016, 06:49 PM
I really don't get aggressive catch. It seems like all aggressive catches are tipped and then ultimately fall incomplete. All in all I am so disappointed in this game. Usually it's me defending madden but I am not at all enjoying this game this year.

I need to stop play the moment as its ruining the experience I think.

Rudy
09-03-2016, 07:30 AM
I really don't get aggressive catch. It seems like all aggressive catches are tipped and then ultimately fall incomplete. All in all I am so disappointed in this game. Usually it's me defending madden but I am not at all enjoying this game this year.

I need to stop play the moment as its ruining the experience I think.

Aggressive catches really seem to rely on the matchup ratings. I had these two lucky plays (for me) this morning. I rarely see this but against Miami's weak DBs the dice rolls were very generous to me! On a separate note I saw my first defensive PI today (against me on 3rd and long).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GOk85jre0k

Didn't care for how the rookie Howard broke to the corner before Britt did so I was shocked when I got the ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_9MSvi4XnY

Rudy
09-03-2016, 07:35 AM
Home team fans booing needs to be reduced. I was up 26-3, gave up a FG and they booed me. It is a weak spot in the atmosphere.

This "fumble" after the catch was bad. With the NFL's must have 100% catch and run before calling it a catch, this would have not been a catch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW9poK8mqQw

jaymo76
09-03-2016, 01:01 PM
I decided to play all offensive plays for the last two games and it was a much better experience. That being said, I still have issues with:

1. CPU hurry up bug is back (CPU runs to the los) and my guys are offside
2. CPU comeback AI ( 2games had a 17 plus point lead and both games the CPU came back in an unrealistic fashion)
-Dan Orlovsky threw for 411 yards and 3 td's
3. QB forward slides frequently result in ground contact fumbles
4. Challenge system still broken
5. Receivers still run there routes out of bounds
6. Weird glitch this year where an Rb gets hit and bounces back 4 yards
7. Very wonky physics and warping at times
8. CPU zone D is either horrible or amazing
9. Play the moment is a turd! I don't recommend the mode...
10. Recommend plays.... The feature is unusable.

Rudy
09-03-2016, 10:02 PM
I have seen some warping at times. And sideline awareness by recievers seems to have taken a step back. Definitely not better.

Only played one game post patch. Will get another game in tomorrow for sure.

steelerfan
09-04-2016, 02:38 AM
I have seen some warping at times. And sideline awareness by recievers seems to have taken a step back. Definitely not better.

Only played one game post patch. Will get another game in tomorrow for sure.
I saw one occurrence of warping. It was on a stretch play while I was on defense. I switched to the corner to step up and make the tackle and add soon as I did he warped 10 or 12 yards up field into the offensive backfield and behind the play.

That happened today (well, Saturday) and that's the first I've seen it.

Rudy
09-04-2016, 06:04 AM
I have seen it rarely as well. When I've noticed it is on receivers warping to catch the ball.

Rudy
09-04-2016, 08:02 AM
After 11 games I am 3-8 and Goff has thrown 24 ints and fumbled 12 times. I don't like how Madden tracks qb sack fumbles as a rush attempt and fumble though. I don't think that is accurate but am not sure. Just too many turnovers. Quite a few of them are on me but qb accuracy is not done well. I misfire on crossing patterns far more than on the deep ball. Quite frankly I can't even remember over throwing my WRs on deep balls. They are always catchable but crossing routes can go sailing 3-5 yards off target into a defender (with slider at 10). I think the penalty for accuracy almost feels reversed as shorter passes are more inaccurate than deep ones. I need to upgrade my number one WR next year for sure.

jaymo76
09-04-2016, 12:02 PM
After 11 games I am 3-8 and Goff has thrown 24 ints and fumbled 12 times. I don't like how Madden tracks qb sack fumbles as a rush attempt and fumble though. I don't think that is accurate but am not sure. Just too many turnovers. Quite a few of them are on me but qb accuracy is not done well. I misfire on crossing patterns far more than on the deep ball. Quite frankly I can't even remember over throwing my WRs on deep balls. They are always catchable but crossing routes can go sailing 3-5 yards off target into a defender (with slider at 10). I think the penalty for accuracy almost feels reversed as shorter passes are more inaccurate than deep ones. I need to upgrade my number one WR next year for sure.

I am an abysmal 2-10, though in the last 3 games I dropped down to AP and I have been extremely competitive. Again, I know I am in the minority but I think the gameplay was actually better in 16. Fumbles and QB play are major areas of contention for me. It's sad because franchise is much better in 17 than 16.

Now I need to clarify that I am looking forward to the offseason as my players confidence is so low that it's hugely impacted their ratings. My avg. rating for confidence is around 25. Playing season two on AP should make a big difference.

souljahbill
09-05-2016, 04:27 AM
I am an abysmal 2-10
When was the last time anyone has ever said that in Madden or NCAA? I think most people can take the worst team and have a winning record in Year 1.

jaymo76
09-05-2016, 04:47 AM
When was the last time anyone has ever said that in Madden or NCAA? I think most people can take the worst team and have a winning record in Year 1.

Yes but most of that comes from my -26 turnover differential.

souljahbill
09-05-2016, 05:02 AM
Yes but most of that comes from my -26 turnover differential.

That must be maddening (no pun intended)

cdj
09-09-2016, 04:53 PM
The week one roster update is now available.

gigemaggs99
09-09-2016, 10:32 PM
The week one roster update is now available.

I must be doing something strange, my Xbox1 downloaded and saved the week 1 roster update but then when my son and I played a "play now" game he was the Broncos and they still had Mark Sanchez as their starter.

Rudy
09-10-2016, 05:28 AM
That's because Madden doesn't always load your most recent file. You probably have to manually load the roster file. Not sure.

skipwondah33
09-10-2016, 09:04 AM
You must have another roster file saved and it is loading over the "official" roster.

If you aren't playing online, then the Official roster won't be used when you have more than 2 rosters.

Rudy
09-11-2016, 05:38 AM
Anyone else find when they shift their DL over they line up offsides? It's annoying. Some of the hot routes for blocking like R2 don't work either. Little stuff like the wind arrows not being correct either are adding up to bug me. Man align out of 46 is terrible and the R1 man align doesn't work to fix it. Doesn't help when I'm - 28 in turnover ratio in franchise. Number one in fumbles (almost all qb) and Ints. Qbs should fumble on sacks about 20% or so of the time, not 75%. That needs to be fixed. In games saves still don't save the weather or uniforms either.

bdoughty
09-11-2016, 06:00 AM
I am one of those freaks that calls a play and almost never audibles. On a rare occasion I will flip a running play.

gigemaggs99
09-11-2016, 07:35 PM
You must have another roster file saved and it is loading over the "official" roster.

If you aren't playing online, then the Official roster won't be used when you have more than 2 rosters.

I'll have to check and see what's on the HD, as far as I know each time it asks me to download an official roster and apply it I say YES.

Do you have to then go in and manually delete the previous "official rosters"?

skipwondah33
09-12-2016, 07:43 AM
I'll have to check and see what's on the HD, as far as I know each time it asks me to download an official roster and apply it I say YES.

Do you have to then go in and manually delete the previous "official rosters"?Shouldn't need to but wouldn't hurt. It will just prompt you to redownload the roster update. Then it will save under Official Roster afterward.

I'd just make sure that was the only roster file, unless you have another one that you like to go in and edit guys.

skipwondah33
09-12-2016, 07:53 AM
Anyone else find when they shift their DL over they line up offsides? It's annoying. Some of the hot routes for blocking like R2 don't work either. Little stuff like the wind arrows not being correct either are adding up to bug me. Man align out of 46 is terrible and the R1 man align doesn't work to fix it. Doesn't help when I'm - 28 in turnover ratio in franchise. Number one in fumbles (almost all qb) and Ints. Qbs should fumble on sacks about 20% or so of the time, not 75%. That needs to be fixed. In games saves still don't save the weather or uniforms either.

No to the DL shift. I haven't had an offsides penalty and I shift my DL ALOT during games. Maybe it happens when you manually control a DL and try to shift. A few of the guys from my league exclusively user a DL and shift their Line. I've noticed they have gotten a few offsides penalties but out of the number of times I've played them hasn't been more than 5-6 total. I never user a DL.

Unsure if that has to do something with the 'nano detection' or stacking defenders near one another that EA implemented. Where guys would shift then manually move a defender stacking directly against or beside another to cause AI confusion. This year it makes the defenders stumble forward or hesitate. Love that they put that in.

Regarding the R2 block hot route. It's also another one I use heavily, especially for my RB when he is on a route and I need extra protection. Or the FB, or Tight Ends if I am in a 2 TE set. There are some formations, plays and players you cannot to do this for. If I'm not mistaken pretty sure you cannot R2 hot route a WR. It will just put him on a Smoke Screen or a very short Curl/Hitch route. You may be able to do this in some formations, but I've never really wanted to block any of my WR's. And if you are trying to block them on Screen passes, you cannot because EA took out the ability to hot route anyone on Screen plays 2-3 versions ago. Which I also like.

I've been using this block method for years and haven't had an issue.

gigemaggs99
09-12-2016, 10:47 AM
Shouldn't need to but wouldn't hurt. It will just prompt you to redownload the roster update. Then it will save under Official Roster afterward.

I'd just make sure that was the only roster file, unless you have another one that you like to go in and edit guys.

Thank you, I'll check this. For the record I've never messed with the rosters or changed/edited anyone so I'm not sure why it's not working on my end, maybe I'm not holding my controller in the right orientation. :dunno:

skipwondah33
09-12-2016, 04:07 PM
Thank you, I'll check this. For the record I've never messed with the rosters or changed/edited anyone so I'm not sure why it's not working on my end, maybe I'm not holding my controller in the right orientation. :dunno:I never edit or mess with mine either since I play exclusively online.

However other night I noticed that a Ultimate Team roster was also listed that I know I did not save since I have not actually played an MUT game before.

That likely may be the case in your issue as well. I just know whenever I had more than 1 roster that wasn't named Official Roster that the game would prompt me to download the update. This was in the past.

cdj
09-15-2016, 05:54 PM
Am I missing or overlooking something here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggdvoNTpy5E

- Trying to get into FG range before the half, going out of bounds with 0:06 left.
- Slow getting playcall in and delay of game.
- CPU seemingly accepts, but the time is removed off the clock and the half is over.

Bug or is there some rule I am overlooking/not thinking of?

steelerfan
09-15-2016, 06:11 PM
That's got to be a bug.

First, the clock was stopped by you going out of bounds meaning there wouldn't be a runoff. Second, a delay of game is not the type of pre-snap penalty that would cause a 10-second runoff.

cdj
09-15-2016, 06:40 PM
I thought the same, but wanted a second opinion.

When it happened, I first wondered if I didn't go out of bounds but clearly that wasn't the case. It just seems/seemed like a bug that shouldn't be in there, I found myself focusing on what I did wrong. :D

Rudy
09-16-2016, 05:10 AM
Ea must have built the ten second run off on to that penalty. I'm not sure if that is correct or not.

skipwondah33
09-16-2016, 07:45 AM
I thought the same, but wanted a second opinion.

When it happened, I first wondered if I didn't go out of bounds but clearly that wasn't the case. It just seems/seemed like a bug that shouldn't be in there, I found myself focusing on what I did wrong. :DThe real question is how did you get a delay of game penalty with so much time man :D

cdj
09-17-2016, 02:32 AM
The real question is how did you get a delay of game penalty with so much time man :D

:D Partly not paying attention, part not finding a play I liked in the initial formation and then having to look around.

I should have said I just was testing for bugs, but this was a very accidental find.

Rudy
09-19-2016, 05:57 AM
Madden is frustrating. I see too much BS in this game. CPU defenders jump routes at times that aren't realistic either mentally or physically. It is making it hard to get the ball to your outside WRs now and they don't seem to get penalized. They can play off and jump the short stuff way too easily. I had posted that one video of the SS jumping back into a play earlier making a ridiculous pass defence. Well here is pass rush specialist Jerry Hughes of Buffalo taking away a short cross and then immediately jumping the deeper cross behind to take it away. He would never make that play in real life. Sideline awareness is still bad too. I may be giving up on this game sooner than later.

http://youtu.be/t42IxiSrez0

Rudy
09-19-2016, 06:42 AM
For reference, here is a Dolphin lb in coverage. Can't even defend balls thrown right next to him.

Check out @HimmelrichNFL's Tweet: https://twitter.com/HimmelrichNFL/status/777757790899085312?s=09

skipwondah33
09-19-2016, 07:52 AM
Well I know who's getting an Awareness and ZCV rating drop

Tough throw, ball likely had to be thrown shortly at the break in the route. Especially if you led the throw to the left.

Not sure why defender gave up his Hook Mid read assignment to chase the Drag route, the ROLB would have contained that once he crossed.

morsdraconis
09-23-2016, 01:23 AM
I'm done with Madden, yet again. The lack of realism in coverage is absolutely ridiculous, even on default all-pro. I'm not the best reader of coverage in the world, but when the play is CLEARLY open and a defender makes an absolutely bullshit move, back pedaling while keeping up with my 90+ speed WR, to intercept a ball where he should have been torched, on multiple occasions, I'm just done.

Guess it's time to take advantage of Gamestop trade deals this weekend to get NBA 2k17 for cheap and at least have fun with basketball.

Rudy
09-23-2016, 05:24 AM
I'm done with Madden, yet again. The lack of realism in coverage is absolutely ridiculous, even on default all-pro. I'm not the best reader of coverage in the world, but when the play is CLEARLY open and a defender makes an absolutely bullshit move, back pedaling while keeping up with my 90+ speed WR, to intercept a ball where he should have been torched, on multiple occasions, I'm just done.

Guess it's time to take advantage of Gamestop trade deals this weekend to get NBA 2k17 for cheap and at least have fun with basketball.

I'm seeing similar things at times in coverage that have increased my frustration a lot too. And I spent a lot of time on formation subs and some aren't sticking or working. Going to take a break, maybe until the first big patch hits myself. Then we will how much I want to continue.

skipwondah33
09-23-2016, 07:59 AM
This thread made it's inevitable turn :D

2K, you are next

morsdraconis
09-23-2016, 10:36 AM
This thread made it's inevitable turn :D

2K, you are next

:D

Nah! I at least like 2k, but I also exclusively play the My Player stuff. They really shit the bed with the Spike Lee story a few games back. I'm hoping this new one is better. I played the Prelude and it was at least fun to play unlike the rookie showcase stuff that was super generic and boring.

skipwondah33
09-23-2016, 12:02 PM
I'm playing MyPlayer on 2K16 when I get bored. I start a new one after so long just to create a different player lol. I'll hold off on getting 2K17 only because I know I wouldn't get to play it as much. I always lose interest in basketball games now since I don't play CPU. I actually have only played 1 game against CPU since I installed the game fully. Of course I played about 25 of the Warriors/Cavs matchup because the game took a week to fully install haha

Rudy
09-23-2016, 04:46 PM
Tuning update today.

cdj
09-23-2016, 08:10 PM
Tuning update today.

Details:

Another tuning update is now available in Madden NFL 17 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Below is a list improvements and updates to Madden NFL 17 Gameplay.

Increased interception chances for user-controlled defenders in Multi-player catches
Reduced kick meter accuracy penalty under rain conditions.
Reduced kick meter power penalty under snow conditions.
Increased wait-time for Pass Rushers to play shed moves when pass rushing (Reduced “Insta-Sheds”)
A variety of tuning changes to help defense be more effective vs. running plays
Reduced frequency of organic knock-outs after catches
Reduced chances of broken tackles for ball carriers
Slightly reduced throw-out-of-sack fumble chances
Reduced chance for pass-blocking RB's to Cut-Block
Reduce chance for success when pass-blocking RB's Cut-Block

cdj
09-23-2016, 08:17 PM
Sideline awareness is still bad too.

- Lost a CFM game vs CPU tonight 17-10. Had some instances of poor sideline awareness in which it seemed like the player had ZERO awareness. Instead of slowing down, they go full bore on turns and cuts right out of bounds. :fp:

Seemed really plagued with the QB being unable to get a throw off while being hit - either pulling it in for a sack or a very lame duck (going five yards at best), hitting an OL, etc. The "best" was when tied at 10-10 in the fourth, QB hit as his arm was all the way back and the ball went straight backwards seven yards right into the arm of a defender for an easy INT. :fp: They would get the go-ahead TD one play later.

Rudy
09-23-2016, 08:27 PM
Sideline awareness has gone backwards. I swear it was better in NCAA 14 although with only needing one foot in bounds it's less of an issue than in Madden.

I played a half and didn't see much different. Need to play more but I'm not enjoying the passing game a lot right now. It seems the game is designed to throw crossing routes all day. You can hit the deep ball with either winning a jump ball or beating press off the line which can be too easy. I'm not a good Passer and I'm frustrated. I need For Honor to be released lol.

I will say I did see two in game injuries in franchise in one half with injuries at 10.

souljahbill
01-08-2017, 02:31 AM
I bought it today. I'm "playing" a CPU vs. CPU Owner Mode Franchise. I do all the team building GM stuff and watch the games in broadcast view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk