PDA

View Full Version : GM/Franchise Mode?

Hank
08-02-2016, 06:59 AM
How indepth is the GM/Franchise mode in FIFA?
I'm seriously considering giving it a shot and I love these kinds of modes.
My biggest concern is how overwhelmed I'll feel considering I don't follow soccer. It seems pretty confusing with all the transfer window stuff.

Will a person who has literally no knowledge of the system get lost?

steelerfan
08-02-2016, 07:20 AM
If you're willing to ask questions, read alot and watch some football then you won't have any trouble figuring it out. There are a few guys here that could help you.

Football Manager, on the other hand, is a completely different animal. One which I have yet to get completely swallowed up by. In the little time I spent on that game, I was a bit lost. Maybe this year...

Hank
08-02-2016, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the quick reply.
I've been trying to read up on all the various components that make-up a pro soccer team.
If I do get a soccer game, i think I'm getting FIFA. Although, I do like the Champions League that PES offers.

steelerfan
08-02-2016, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.
I've been trying to read up on all the various components that make-up a pro soccer team.
If I do get a soccer game, i think I'm getting FIFA. Although, I do like the Champions League that PES offers.
FIFA has the UEFA Champions League, it just isn't licensed so you won't get the logo or the music and it is called the Champions Cup. Just so you know.

In addition, there are tons of leagues and clubs that FIFA has licensed and PES does not. It's rare for anything to be generic in FIFA but it's the norm in PES.

Also, there are several people here that can help you if you decide to go with FIFA but I'm not sure anyone here plays PES so you'd probably not be able to get the same level of help from this site. I'm not trying to sway your decision, mind you, just letting you know.

bdoughty
08-02-2016, 09:49 PM
I am pretty much the only one that played PES, which was last year. While there are a few things I like better on the pitch, FIFA just has too many positives to recommend PES. Especially if you plan to play MLS or the EPL. Neither league is in the PES game and only two EPL teams are fully licensed. I completely edited the EPL last year but it took some time and there was only the option to do the top two EPL leagues. Took a couple hours to edit just the kits (uniforms) and basic information. FIFA has Premier, Championship, one and two. All licensed.

Of course there usually is a demo for both games, so you can always go that route before buying. Also the demos for PES and Fifa 16 are still available to download.

For the record I will be going FIFA 17 only this year.

Hank
08-04-2016, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the replies guys.
I'll definitely be trying the demo and seeing if it's something I like.
I've enjoyed the videos so far and I love how all the real leagues are in there, including the Champions Cup. I don't care if it's generic, I just think the concept is really cool and would be fun to partake in.