PDA

View Full Version : Leon Lett, Part Deux?

SmoothPancakes
09-18-2010, 08:07 PM
Unless I missed this posted somewhere, how has this not made it's way onto here yet?

An epic failure by defensive end Ronald Flemons of the CFL's Toronto Arognauts. Brings up memories of Leon Lett's famous fumble in Super Bowl XXVII against the Bills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ogI_K-JmCc

Now, question is, which is the biggest failure? Leon Lett's fumble? Or Flemons' fumble?

I personally say, disregarding the fact of the Super Bowl being when Lett's fumble occurred, that Flemons' is the biggest failure. Lett screwed up because he was celebrating early thinking he had the touchdown in the bag (and everyone assumed he did).

Flemons, he somehow managed to cause himself to fumble the ball while plain running towards the endzone. To me, between celebrating early and getting screwed for it, or screwing yourself by somehow causing your own self to fumble the ball away, Flemons wins in my judgment.

JeffHCross
09-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Unless I missed this posted somewhere, how has this not made it's way onto here yet?It's the CFL? ;)

I agree that Flemons' is worse. Lett's fumble was an awesome play by Don Beebe, moreso than Lett's idiocy. The Thanksgiving day screwup was a worse screwup for Lett than the Super Bowl fumble.

SmoothPancakes
09-18-2010, 10:28 PM
It's the CFL? ;)

I agree that Flemons' is worse. Lett's fumble was an awesome play by Don Beebe, moreso than Lett's idiocy. The Thanksgiving day screwup was a worse screwup for Lett than the Super Bowl fumble.

Alright, I'll give you that. :D

And yeah, that Thanksgiving Day one was definitely worse. At least in the Super Bowl, the game was already WELL decided. Basically the only thing Lett screwed up, besides making himself look like a fool, was that San Francisco would not currently hold the record of most points scored in a Super Bowl otherwise.