PDA

View Full Version : stronger throws while fielding and faster running while base running ?

gigemaggs99
06-24-2016, 05:23 PM
?s.

-On MLB the Show 15 I use button-throwing and it seems if I hold the button down, i.e. O it will throw it harder to 1st base vs just tapping it.

I don't see this affecting my throws in MLB 16? Is this feature not in 16?

I've also noticed on 15 if you double-tap the O for example he will fake the throw, on 16 I don't seem to see this animation, no fake throws.

-On either MLB 15 or 16, is there a way to make the base runner hustle? It seems like sometimes they hit a single and take their time getting to first, then other times they fly down to 1st base. I know their "speed rating" makes a difference but I mean a 79 speed guy will sometimes run really fast to 1st and other times he seems to trot.

I know when fielding the ball with out outfielder you can click the L3 and he will sprint to cover ground. I can't tell if this is or isn't helping on base running?

Any tips or help would be awesome. I like both 15 and 16, there seems to be A LOT to this game and finding all the controls and tips is like a goose chase. They don't all seem to be in one place. I kind find some here and some there, then you have to piece them together.

Thanks.

steelerfan
06-24-2016, 06:11 PM
It sounds like you have the Throwing Meter set to OFF. There are 3 settings: ON, OFF and No Feedback. No Feedback is the same as ON but with no on-screen display.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160624/152add6001764b41941673525abf4637.jpg

Options>User Settings>User Settings>Gameplay Options>Fielding>Throwing Meter

I have no idea on your baserunning question. I use AUTO. Sorry.

gigemaggs99
06-24-2016, 10:45 PM
Thank you sir.

Gus

steelerfan
06-25-2016, 01:46 AM
Thank you sir.

Gus
Forgot to mention, Throw Canceling needs to be ON for the double tap to produce a fake throw. It's a few lines below the Throwing Meter on the same screen.

gigemaggs99
06-25-2016, 09:28 AM
Forgot to mention, Throw Canceling needs to be ON for the double tap to produce a fake throw. It's a few lines below the Throwing Meter on the same screen.

10-4, thank you.

They are both great games. I haven't messed with the camera angles but the view on MLB 15 seems slightly zoomed in compared to MLB 16 (or 16 seems slightly zoomed out).

steelerfan
06-25-2016, 09:46 AM
10-4, thank you.

They are both great games. I haven't messed with the camera angles but the view on MLB 15 seems slightly zoomed in compared to MLB 16 (or 16 seems slightly zoomed out).
Yeah, the new Fisheye camera for 16 takes some getting used to since it is zoomed out (to allow you to see 1st and 3rd base without base runner windows).

I didn't care for it at first and I went back to what I had used on previous versions. Eventually though, I made the transition to Fisheye and I'm good with it now.

gigemaggs99
06-25-2016, 12:11 PM
Yeah, the new Fisheye camera for 16 takes some getting used to since it is zoomed out (to allow you to see 1st and 3rd base without base runner windows).

I didn't care for it at first and I went back to what I had used on previous versions. Eventually though, I made the transition to Fisheye and I'm good with it now.

Seems like the biggest adjustments for me, I played more 16 than 15....

On 16 you see more of the field, seems like you have more time to react to a hit vs 15 it seems zoomed in and you have less reaction time. The strike zone when batting is slightly easier for me to pick up on in 16 vs 15, that may be that I've just played more games on 16, but the slightly more zoomed in (the picture seems closer on 15) makes it harder for me to decipher a ball vs a strike on 15.