PDA

View Full Version : 2016 NBA Offseason Talk

JBHuskers
06-21-2016, 09:22 AM
The draft is Thursday, and the big question of the offseason, where is KD going?

http://cdn.slamonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/kevin-durant.jpg

Hopefully here:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/img/1.0/teamsites/logos/teamlogos_500x500/bos.png

psuexv
06-22-2016, 06:50 PM
D Rose to the Knicks

JBHuskers
06-22-2016, 08:14 PM
Yeah Chicago fans cannot be happy about that, they got three yawners in return.

cdj
06-22-2016, 10:44 PM
Plus the Bulls gave away a draft pick (2nd in 2017) versus getting one in return. :fp: The Knicks will have a good video game roster, but I don't think they'll be a contender - even if they sign Dwight Howard. Though, the East is weak so they could make the playoffs but they would have no shot versus the top 5-6 teams in the West.

I think KD stays in OKC. Signs a one-year deal then a massive deal under new cap the following year. I don't envision him heading to the East, though he could be like LeBron there and have a relatively easy path to the conference or NBA Finals.

JBHuskers
06-23-2016, 12:06 AM
My gut says he goes to Miami, but it makes since to stick with OKC as they were the only team in the West to push Golden State. If OKC can sign a fairly big name 2 or 3, that could get KD to stay.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rudy
06-23-2016, 05:11 AM
Derrick Rose just isn't a good player anymore. He can't stay healthy, didn't get along with Butler apparently, can't shoot the three, has never been a good assist to turnover guy and his numbers are a lot worse after coming back from injury. He doesn't have near the explosiveness. His dunks are way down and his overall shooting percentages are much worse. I think everyone thinks of him from his all star days and hopes he returns but he hasn't been a good player in years. Bulls probably wanted to dump that salary pretty bad too.

SmoothPancakes
06-24-2016, 07:26 PM
Derrick Rose's name is the only thing carrying him at this point. I sure as hell wouldn't want him on my team.

skipwondah33
06-25-2016, 09:53 AM
...and he's currently still much better than any player on the Knicks outside of Melo. Certainly far better than any PG they have had since in many years, injuries and all

cdj
06-25-2016, 08:20 PM
Durant meeting with the following teams when free agency begins: Warriors, Spurs, Thunder, Clippers, Celtics, Heat.

cdj
06-26-2016, 10:14 PM
There is a report that the Heat and Warriors are the only real competitors in the Durant sweepstakes. :smh:

Rudy
06-27-2016, 05:30 AM
I couldn't imagine the Warriors with Durant. Another shooter? Wow. Talk about a team that is built for video games.

JBHuskers
06-27-2016, 11:53 AM
Durant meeting with the following teams when free agency begins: Warriors, Spurs, Thunder, Clippers, Celtics, Heat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM

http://boston.sportsthenandnow.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/061017_boston_celtics_shamrock_logo.jpg

JBHuskers
07-02-2016, 02:18 AM
My gut said that Miami would get KD, but I didn't realize how shitty their cap situation. OKC or Golden State make the most sense.

Rudy
07-02-2016, 04:34 AM
Durant is only signing a one year deal for financial reasons. Miami can make a run at him next year. The Bosh situation hurts them. Glad to see Derozan stay in Toronto. And the Lakers being the Lakers giving Mozgov $14M. Ever since the kid Buss has been running things they have gone in the dumpster.

SmoothPancakes
07-02-2016, 11:14 AM
Uh, the fuck is up with seemingly every team just handing out 4 year, $72 million contracts left and right to shitty bench players like they're candy?

Rudy
07-02-2016, 11:24 AM
I remember when Jason Maxiell was getting $5 Mil a year on the Pistons for being an energy guy off the bench. Kyle Singler was making more than that hugging the bench for OKC. honestly the player max should be higher. The cap on what a guy like LeBron makes just leads to top teams having an easier chance at signing three superstars and/or leaves extra money for bums.

Look what happened to Cleveland when LeBron left and then when he came back. He has such an impact he's worth almost half a cap himself.

cdj
07-02-2016, 01:03 PM
Uh, the fuck is up with seemingly every team just handing out 4 year, $72 million contracts left and right to shitty bench players like they're candy?

I think it is ridiculous, but some are saying it is "basic economics" :eyeroll: with the increased salary cap and money, in part due to larger TV deal, and that these deals shouldn't be criticized.

No problem with players getting more money, but (as of this minute) Mike Conley has the richest deal in NBA history. Conley is a good defensive player, but has never even made an All-Star Game, for crying out loud. There has to be some common sense applied with the 'basic economics.'

JBHuskers
07-02-2016, 02:56 PM

Biyombo just got one for averaging 5 ppg and 8 reb :D

Rudy
07-03-2016, 07:42 AM
Durant and Horford to the Celtics. That team should be very strong.

steelerfan
07-04-2016, 10:45 AM
Durant and Horford to the Celtics. That team should be very strong.
According to ESPN, Durant announced to The Players Tribune that he will sign with the Warriors.

cdj
07-04-2016, 01:02 PM
Warriors look unbeatable now with KD, but will they have enough basketballs to go around? Gotta think at some point someone (Klay?) will get disappointed at the drop in touches/shots. Would also think Barnes leaves, perhaps for Dallas.

OKC might as well trade Westbrook at some point. I'd guess he leaves after the season (maybe for Lakers?), so might as well get something in return versus letting him walk.

Rudy
07-04-2016, 02:57 PM
I thought I had seen a tweet saying Durant to Celtics yesterday bit clearly that was premature. Sometimes these "great" fits backfire. Heck, Golden State got out muscled by Cleveland and they just got a little softer. But how the heck do you rotate on the perimeter with that many shooters to cover now? That team is a video game dream come true.

SmoothPancakes
07-04-2016, 04:14 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160704/adc33ef43e1dedf0500d9cc3519d14ff.jpg

JBHuskers
07-05-2016, 11:31 AM
:D

SmoothPancakes
07-05-2016, 08:37 PM
I'll be damned. The Nuggets are finally giving a damn. Going hard after D-Wade, offering two years for north of $50 million.

Miami's last offer was reportedly more than $10 million less than Denver's. From the sounds of it, it's pretty much down to between Denver and Chicago.

I'm not big on Wade, but after years of being in the shitter and irrelevant, I'm just happy the Nuggets are finally showing signs of actually giving a damn.

cdj
07-05-2016, 08:39 PM
My feeling is that he's just playing teams and trying to put pressure on Miami for a better deal. Didn't the do this same thing a few years ago?

bdoughty
07-05-2016, 08:55 PM
Frank Caliendo, GOAT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=-3lVNYSTCbU

SmoothPancakes
07-05-2016, 08:55 PM
He very well could be, that's true. I'm not entirely sure as I haven't been following the whole story closely, but it sounds almost like there's a growing divide between Wade and Miami, especially as he gave up money in the past to help Miami bring in LeBron, Bosh and others, and Miami returns the favor with a low offer.

Miami is basically daring and bluffing him to take the higher money from Denver, Chicago or Milwaukee, and he may just call them on it, especially since Denver alone is offering over $10 million more than Miami is.

There is also the discussion and speculation of James trying to lure Wade to Cleveland, with James likely having to take the minimum to be able to pull the cap space out of their asses to pull it off.

The question is does he call Miami's bluff and leave for the extra money? It may be a 50/50 call at this point.

JBHuskers
07-05-2016, 10:47 PM
He very well could be, that's true. I'm not entirely sure as I haven't been following the whole story closely, but it sounds almost like there's a growing divide between Wade and Miami, especially as he gave up money in the past to help Miami bring in LeBron, Bosh and others, and Miami returns the favor with a low offer.

Miami is basically daring and bluffing him to take the higher money from Denver, Chicago or Milwaukee, and he may just call them on it, especially since Denver alone is offering over $10 million more than Miami is.

There is also the discussion and speculation of James trying to lure Wade to Cleveland, with James likely having to take the minimum to be able to pull the cap space out of their asses to pull it off.

The question is does he call Miami's bluff and leave for the extra money? It may be a 50/50 call at this point.

I read CLE only has about $3.5M to be able to offer Wade :D

Rudy
07-06-2016, 04:59 AM
I thought I read that Wade has never been the highest player on the team. I know he felt slighted last year and again this year. Cleveland can make room for Wade if they move Love.

SmoothPancakes
07-06-2016, 06:18 AM
I read CLE only has about $3.5M to be able to offer Wade :D
I read that too. It sounds like the only possible way Cleveland could ever pull it off would be James taking the absolute bare league minimum and probably moving Love like Rudy mentioned.

I thought I read that Wade has never been the highest player on the team. I know he felt slighted last year and again this year. Cleveland can make room for Wade if they move Love.
Well, there apparently is some sort of divide down there in Miami because of that. He clearly wants the money if he's gonna stay. It sounds like Wade is planning to meet with Nuggets officials today. I'm still holding out hope, Denver needs a big shot in the ass of star power to get the team back in the right direction.

They were able to hang around after the Melo years thanks to Ty Lawson, until they shit themselves over the past three seasons, leading to Lawson eventually getting disgruntled and had to have his ass shipped off to Houston in a trade.

After 10 straight seasons in the playoffs, these last three have been pathetic. Granted they never did shit in the playoffs. Of those 10 seasons, 9 of them ended with first round losses (6 of those being 4-0 or 4-1 series ass beatings), only making it past the first round once in 2008-09, when they made a run to the WC Finals, only to get hammered by the Lakers.

Needless to say, I just want to see some fucking success for a change! Other than the miracle that was Rocktober, the Rockies usually suck every year, so they're useless when it comes to success, the Avalanche are Bilson have gone over a goddamn cliff in the last decade. The Broncos and Navy football are about all I've got.

SmoothPancakes
07-06-2016, 09:28 AM
And Wade to Cleveland is officially dead. It's been reported LeBron will not take the league minimum to help Cleveland sign Wade. So it's between the Nuggets, Bucks and Bulls to try and swipe Wade from Miami.

JBHuskers
07-06-2016, 10:49 AM
If it is a repeat of before and he's just trying to fleece money out of Miami while teasing other fan bases, that makes him almost as bad as Durant.

SmoothPancakes
07-06-2016, 08:31 PM
Goddamnit, that cock gobbler's signing with Chicago. And the Nuggets will suck ass again!