PDA

View Full Version : MLB The Show 16 - Introducing "Showtime"

cdj
03-21-2016, 10:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB6HmDfUwGI&feature=youtu.be

steelerfan
03-22-2016, 12:43 AM
As gimmicky and arcadey as this looks in this video, from what I saw in the Franchise video it is anything but. It didn't help the guys much at all and it looked like it might be a decent feature.

That said, I doubt I'll use it at all as it is simply not for me. As with anything in The Show, it can be turned off.

JBHuskers
03-22-2016, 11:58 AM
Yeah, not for me either. I'll try it, but just watching it I don't really like slowing down time and interrupting the flow of the game.

Rudy
03-22-2016, 03:52 PM
I was under the impression this was only available in RTTS and not season or franchise. I like me this feature but how often can you use it? If the amount you could use it was tied to ability level I think it could be great.

steelerfan
03-22-2016, 04:59 PM
I was under the impression this was only available in RTTS and not season or franchise. I like me this feature but how often can you use it? If the amount you could use it was tied to ability level I think it could be great.
I don't remember how it works but you can either choose to use Showtime or Perks. It is very limited in how much it can be used and the results that I saw didn't seem to be boosted so I could tell that it was designed to not be an arcadey realism-destroying feature.

I saw guys use Showtime in at-bats (probably 8 or 10 of them) and I'm not sure they ever got a hit with it. I saw them use it in the field and still make throwing errors (though I think getting used to it would eliminate most of that).

I can't remember how the Perks worked or what they were specifically but if you choose a Perk before a game it reduces and could totally eliminate the amount of Showtime that you have available.

In summary, I didn't pay close enough attention to spit out the details but I could tell it wasn't cheese.

jaymo76
03-22-2016, 08:38 PM
Love how that looks for hitting. IF and hopefully WHEN I pick this game up I will use that for sure. Fingers crossed some of my friends on TGT will be streaming ALL NIGHT long on release day. ;)

jaymo76
03-22-2016, 08:40 PM
Also, just remembered NCAA 13 did this. Remember the version with RGIII where you could slow down the speed of the game during Road to Glory. It sounded a lot better than it looked IMO. However, I am a lot better at football games than baseball games so take that for what it's worth.

Rudy
03-22-2016, 08:51 PM
The had an impact camera back in NCAA 06. I turned that off but it existed.

JBHuskers
03-23-2016, 11:05 AM
Love how that looks for hitting. IF and hopefully WHEN I pick this game up I will use that for sure. Fingers crossed some of my friends on TGT will be streaming ALL NIGHT long on release day. ;)

Gonna try to, but we're recording our podcast on release day because I leave for Dallas on Thursday so I might stream more Wednesday than Tuesday as all I have to do is pack.

steelerfan
03-23-2016, 12:05 PM
Isn't that a school night? ;)

jaymo76
03-23-2016, 03:00 PM
Isn't that a school night? ;)

That's what dark sun glasses and extra large coffee's are for...

steelerfan
03-23-2016, 04:31 PM
That's what dark sun glasses and extra large coffee's are for...
Right on. :D