PDA

View Full Version : Halo Reach

JBHuskers
09-14-2010, 04:29 PM
How many Gaming Tailgaters have it? This is my first brand new owned Halo. I had Halo 3, played it once, hated it....played in this beta and kinda liked it, ton of friends on the 360 have it so I'm going to give it a shot.

SmoothPancakes
09-14-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm going to get it eventually in the future. I haven't played Halo since the Halo 2 days, so I'm planning on first getting Halo 3 and ODST so I can get caught up on the storyline and everything before getting Reach. But someday I'll get it.

I OU a Beatn
09-14-2010, 04:56 PM
Got the Legendary Edition and the Limited Edition console. Both of them are sexy as hell. The Legendary Edition is the single best collector's edition game I've ever purchased - by far. Not only that, but Halo Reach is the most feature rich and content loaded game I've ever played. 10/10 from me.

skipwondah33
09-14-2010, 08:55 PM
Damn OU your always shelling out the bucks for the LE's of games man :)

You collection wall must look pretty damn nice lol

I OU a Beatn
09-14-2010, 10:22 PM
I only have about 10 collector's editions. I usually wait for the price to drop(I got the Halo 3 Legendary Edition for $40 new and the MW2 Prestige Edition for $60 new) but when franchises I enjoy come out with C.E., I usually hop all over them. The only reason I got the Reach Legendary Edition was because I had over $200 worth of credit saved on Amazon waiting for Reach to come out. :D

JBHuskers
09-15-2010, 12:10 AM
Yeah Beatn when I get some free time we'll have to do some co-op or get online and whoops some 10 year olds.

Got an hour in before I had to leave tonight, really fun so far in terms of the campaign.

I OU a Beatn
09-15-2010, 12:19 AM
Firefight is pretty badass, too. I haven't even touched the campaign yet because I've spent the entire time in Firefight or Competitive multiplayer. It's unbelievable how deep and fun this game is.

JBHuskers
09-15-2010, 09:52 AM
I'll probably hop online either tomorrow or late Friday night for the first time.

morsdraconis
09-15-2010, 11:45 AM
Maybe it would be more fun with people I know, but I'm just sick of games having regenerating life bars/shields.

That's why with Halo 1 and 2, used to play split screen with some friends and always use no shield setups.

Reach has something like that, but only uses it in ridiculously large areas or with fuckin' sniper rifles.

I gotta say, I'm not having any fun with it, just as I expected I wouldn't. Halo is and always will be the end of REAL shooters...

I OU a Beatn
09-15-2010, 03:44 PM
It's definitely nothing even remotely close to a realistic shooter if that's what you're looking for.

morsdraconis
09-15-2010, 07:38 PM
It's definitely nothing even remotely close to a realistic shooter if that's what you're looking for.

Yeah. I know and it was silly of me to expect such (not that anything else on the 360 has been a realistic shooter either) but it's just annoying cause it's yet another genre that's been ruined for me...

JBHuskers
09-20-2010, 10:43 AM
From Joystiq:

Bungie's first Weekly Update since the launch of Halo: Reach included some startling statistics regarding the amount of time we've already thrown at the game's armor-clad feet. As of last Friday, over 31 million matchmaking games had already been played, over 78 billion credits had been earned and over 953 and 1,365 years had been poured into the game's matchmaking and campaign modes, respectively. We shudder to think how those figures expanded over the weekend.

Bungie also included some info on an update which will be applied to the game next month, saying, "the first matchmaking update for Reach will occur in early October and consist primarily of fixes for bugs and balance issues." The update will also add new game types and Forge maps to the Matchmaking playlists, and will enable co-op Campaign Matchmaking as well. Bungie also reports that it's considering changing its quick-to-boot betrayal system, but in the mean time, provides this clever workaround: "Stop shooting your teammates." Helpful!

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/20/halo-reach-stats-and-upcoming-tweaks-outlined-by-bungie/