PDA

View Full Version : 2016 NFL Offseason Talk

JBHuskers
03-09-2016, 02:18 PM
Might as well start a new thread since free agency opened today.

Osweiler signs with the Texans. Must have been mad that they benched him for Manning.

Sounds like Denver will try to chase Kaepernick now.

JBHuskers
03-09-2016, 02:20 PM
RGIII now reported to be on Denver's radar too.

JBHuskers
03-09-2016, 02:22 PM
Jets sign former Bear Matt Forte. That'll be a great situation for him and a great player to try to get for fantasy owners.

steelerfan
03-09-2016, 02:45 PM
Tex-Anns sign Scott Mitchell Brock Osweiler.

Couldn't resist. :D

JBHuskers
03-09-2016, 02:48 PM
Tex-Anns sign Scott Mitchell Brock Osweiler.

Couldn't resist. :D

:D

I have him in a dynasty league and I keep telling my co-owner he's the next Aaron Rodgers so I hope you're wrong.

steelerfan
03-09-2016, 03:00 PM
Tex-Anns sign Rob Johnson Matt Flynn Matt Cassel Brock Osweiler. :D

I'm sure THIS one will work out though. :nod:

Rudy
03-09-2016, 04:03 PM
The money is crazy but with the cap going up and some teams having to spend to the floor it's not shocking.

JBHuskers
03-09-2016, 04:22 PM
The money is crazy but with the cap going up and some teams having to spend to the floor it's not shocking.

Like the amount that the Giants paid Vernon, whew!

SmoothPancakes
03-09-2016, 05:39 PM
Hmm, I didn't have Osweiler pegged as being a pussy. While Houston did offer more money, apparently Seņor Pussy couldn't handle the thought of following in the footsteps of Peyton Manning, from what I've read for some of the reasons why he left.

He was pretty much bring gifted the keys to the defending Super Bowl champions, and he pusses out because he'd have to follow the legacy of Peyton Manning. What a fucking pussy.

Rudy
03-09-2016, 06:27 PM
I saw on Twitter Brock refused to return phone calls. I will say that money for him is nuts. You can get a cheap veteran for under $5 Mil and draft someone. Be just as good.

The Browns were terrible, have lots of cap space and lost 4 players today. Wth?

SmoothPancakes
03-09-2016, 06:43 PM
Oh yeah, that is one hell of a payday for essentially 7 starts! Denver was offering damn great money too. Just the whole thing I read about a reason he chose Houston being because he was comfortable or couldn't handle following in the footsteps and shadow of Peyton Manning, that really kills the respect I had for him. Instead of stepping up and taking on the challenge with the freaking Super Bowl champions, he puts his tail between his legs and runs for the bloody Texans.

Four years completely down the drain with this jackass sitting on the bench with plans to become the future of the franchise. Now gotta go through this shit all over again of drafting a new QB to spend three or four years grooming to be the future of the franchise.

steelerfan
03-09-2016, 07:27 PM
The Browns were terrible, have lots of cap space and lost 4 players today. Wth?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160310/b300dc80eb16fa8c143b64f54f58bf4b.jpg

baseballplyrmvp
03-09-2016, 10:02 PM
Oh yeah, that is one hell of a payday for essentially 7 starts! Denver was offering damn great money too. Just the whole thing I read about a reason he chose Houston being because he was comfortable or couldn't handle following in the footsteps and shadow of Peyton Manning, that really kills the respect I had for him. Instead of stepping up and taking on the challenge with the freaking Super Bowl champions, he puts his tail between his legs and runs for the bloody Texans.

Four years completely down the drain with this jackass sitting on the bench with plans to become the future of the franchise. Now gotta go through this shit all over again of drafting a new QB to spend three or four years grooming to be the future of the franchise.

Tebow's available? :dunno:

skipwondah33
03-09-2016, 10:05 PM
If Green can show signs of blocking and this ability/speed

https://vine.co/v/iHbVq0eQbqT

...whoa

baseballplyrmvp
03-09-2016, 10:10 PM
Tough to say what the Seahawks are gonna do in the draft. After losing JR Sweazey, Bruce Irvin, Brandon Mebane, and also waiving Jesse Williams, I can see us going DL with our first pick in the draft, but with the DL class being so deep this year, we almost should go OL. Idk. OL is so important but so is DL.

Kiper had CB Kendall Fuller from VT mocked to us today assuming we couldn't resign CB Jeremy Lane, but we just signed him to a 4 year deal, so there goes that idea. I'd love to see us draft Robert Nkemdiche. He'd be awesome alongside Michael Bennett. Gonna be interesting to see how FA turns out.

Rudy
03-10-2016, 04:37 AM
That Ole Miss DT sounds crazy. Buyer beware! Much like Randy Gregory I don't think it's smart to spend a top two pick on a nut job or someone addicted to drugs.

baseballplyrmvp
03-10-2016, 06:41 AM
That Ole Miss DT sounds crazy. Buyer beware! Much like Randy Gregory I don't think it's smart to spend a top two pick on a nut job or someone addicted to drugs.

True. But people were all concerned about frank Clark last year cuz he was involved in a domestic violence suit at Michigan, and Irvin had a marijuana suspension at West Virginia too I believe. But I know Pete and Schneider will have it all figured out.

jaymo76
03-10-2016, 08:09 PM
Tough to say what the Seahawks are gonna do in the draft. After losing JR Sweazey, Bruce Irvin, Brandon Mebane, and also waiving Jesse Williams, I can see us going DL with our first pick in the draft, but with the DL class being so deep this year, we almost should go OL. Idk. OL is so important but so is DL.

Kiper had CB Kendall Fuller from VT mocked to us today assuming we couldn't resign CB Jeremy Lane, but we just signed him to a 4 year deal, so there goes that idea. I'd love to see us draft Robert Nkemdiche. He'd be awesome alongside Michael Bennett. Gonna be interesting to see how FA turns out.

I thought the hawks were trying to bring back Clemons?

baseballplyrmvp
03-10-2016, 09:26 PM
I thought the hawks were trying to bring back Clemons?

Rumored to be, yes. Nothing has been signed yet

steelerfan
03-10-2016, 09:26 PM
Quietly, the Steelers have had a very good week.

They re-signed 2 starters (Foster and ***), added a potential star in their offense (Green), re-signed a sub-package safety (Golden) and re-signed a capable backup receiver and special teams ace (Heyward-Bey) all while guaranteeing only $11.05 M to those 5 players.

Omar Khan, who negotiates the Steelers contracts, is the best in the business and his work this week is evidence of that. Of course, it helps that players are wanting to stay in Pittsburgh because they believe the team is very close to another Super Bowl.

Take Ramon Foster, for example. He was expected to command about $5 M per year on the open market (similar to Incognito). But, he signed for 3 years at just $9.6 M because he wants to see it through and win in Pittsburgh.

Yes, they still have 5 starters who are free agents (McClendon, Beachum, Will Allen, Blake and Will Johnson). However, it's not really a necessity to get any of them back.

McClendon only played about 30% of the snaps on defense, Beachum had his backup (Villanueva) play very well after his knee injury, Allen and Blake are simply not very good and Johnson is an H-back so his role is not really vital and he can be replaced fairly easily.

While other teams run around overspending on the free agent market, it's business as usual in Pittsburgh and it's a model that has proven successful more than not for them and has kept them relevant for more than 45 years.

Here We Go, Steelers!

JBHuskers
03-11-2016, 11:22 AM
In a non-Bronco biased opinion, I don't blame Osweiler for taking more money. On top of that they benched him, maybe that played into it instead of the fabricated "afraid to follow Peyton" reason.

JBHuskers
03-11-2016, 11:23 AM
Bears are talking to Jerrell Freeman, and they've already locked up Danny Trevathan from Denver. If they get Freeman, that linebacker core with Fangio is going to be NOICE.

JBHuskers
03-11-2016, 12:35 PM
Broncos trade for a Dirty Sanchez, Niners leaning towards keeping Kaep and have him battle for the starting gig.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JBHuskers
03-11-2016, 01:35 PM

Rudy
03-11-2016, 04:43 PM
I think it's very smart for Denver. Sanchez is mediocre but he's experienced and cheap. He's as good as Manning was last year. Draft a kid and see how it plays out. Paying $15+ for mediocre qb play is just bad business. That $10m saving will get you some extra help.

steelerfan
03-12-2016, 02:29 PM
Word is that Steelers WR Martavis Bryant is facing a possible season-long suspension for his second violation of the league's substance abuse policy.

If true, he's a fucking idiot.

Rudy
03-12-2016, 03:54 PM
I think the NFL can do a better job of rehabbing these kids instead of just wracking them for a year. Mlb was more forgiving with Josh Hamilton. Its a very heavy handed way of dealing with this. I'd rather see 4-6 game suspensions with mandatory rehab and testing.

baseballplyrmvp
03-12-2016, 04:23 PM
I think the NFL can do a better job of rehabbing these kids instead of just wracking them for a year. Mlb was more forgiving with Josh Hamilton. Its a very heavy handed way of dealing with this. I'd rather see 4-6 game suspensions with mandatory rehab and testing.

I disagree. I think it needs to be even more strict. Get the message across that the league won't tolerate it.

These kind of offenses aren't just handed out. You have to prove that there's a problem. Like the 1st offense for a 4-6 game suspension, you only get to that point after 4 failed drug tests throughout the season. It's not like it's one failed test and you're done. Athletes are given lots of chances.

Rudy
03-12-2016, 05:15 PM
But what is the point of the suspension? It's not like doing drugs is giving them an advantage. It's a disadvantage. The NFL does it almost entirely for PR. I agree that professionals should set a good example for kids and we don't want drugs running rampant in sports or society. But the NFL is often heavy handed just for pr and ignore the individuals needs. What's really the best in this situation?

baseballplyrmvp
03-12-2016, 09:45 PM
But what is the point of the suspension? It's not like doing drugs is giving them an advantage. It's a disadvantage. The NFL does it almost entirely for PR. I agree that professionals should set a good example for kids and we don't want drugs running rampant in sports or society. But the NFL is often heavy handed just for pr and ignore the individuals needs. What's really the best in this situation?

Suspended from your job for a year without pay isn't a big enough deterrent to stop you from doing drugs or smoking pot?

The PR move also puts his name out there to other teams/organizations that this guy has a problem. If nothing was said, other teams wouldn't know about it unless they asked...so the PR move also hurts his future career. These are grown ass men, Rudy. If they can't figure out that they need help, then they're not a responsible adult to begin with. If these guys cared about their career, they'd take proper action to get the help.

Rudy
03-13-2016, 05:26 AM
It's a difference if opinion on how to handle things. The US thinks tough incarceration laws are the best way to deal with crime and yet you still have high crime rates. Is it working? Is it the best way to handle things?

I thought this was a good article. We shouldn't be so quick to judge those when we haven't walked in their shoes. In the past I've often been quick to condemn some of these people but I've grown softer. I simply feel a full year suspension is overly harsh and doesn't solve the problem.
http://thedraftwire.usatoday.com/2016/03/12/martavis-bryant-and-the-beauty-of-grace/

baseballplyrmvp
03-13-2016, 01:15 PM
It's a difference if opinion on how to handle things. The US thinks tough incarceration laws are the best way to deal with crime and yet you still have high crime rates. Is it working? Is it the best way to handle things?

I thought this was a good article. We shouldn't be so quick to judge those when we haven't walked in their shoes. In the past I've often been quick to condemn some of these people but I've grown softer.I simply feel a full year suspension is overly harsh and doesn't solve the problem.
http://thedraftwire.usatoday.com/2016/03/12/martavis-bryant-and-the-beauty-of-grace/

The problem Rudy, is you forget about the number of chances they're given.
Randy Gregory was given a 4 game suspension last month for marijuana use. Let's look at this for a minute. He was considered a top 10 pick at one point in the draft but slid to the 2nd round because of a failed marijuana test. Then according to the NFL drug policy, he had to fail another 4 tests before getting that suspension. 5 failed tests in less than a year! Cmon dude! Show some responsibility and accountability for your actions.

That is what I have a problem with.

Martavious bryant is a different case IMO. His agents are saying he took mess to cope with depression. If that's the case, he should have brought it to league officials, or made it know he was on those meds. If his appeal wins, fine, but don't act like all substance abusers are a one test and you're suspended case. They've all been given a few chances before action is taken.

skipwondah33
03-14-2016, 08:44 AM
I think the NFL can do a better job of rehabbing these kids instead of just wracking them for a year. Mlb was more forgiving with Josh Hamilton. Its a very heavy handed way of dealing with this. I'd rather see 4-6 game suspensions with mandatory rehab and testing.He's failed atleast 5 or 6 tests to get to his 1-year suspension

steelerfan
03-14-2016, 08:52 AM
He's failed atleast 5 or 6 tests to get to his 1-year suspension
Not necessarily.

http://dkpittsburghsports.com/2016/03/12/agent-missed-tests-not-failed-doom-bryant/

Of course, in my opinion, the only reason to miss a test (if true) is because you know you're going to fail. I don't buy the "I'm too depressed to take a drug test" bit, at least not at face value.

skipwondah33
03-14-2016, 09:26 AM
That's even worse.

His agents should just stop while they can, missed a test but elected to take his life insurance test in which he was clean? Almost as bad as the "deflator" is a nickname for losing weight.

steelerfan
03-14-2016, 09:41 AM
The NFL has, reportedly, repealed the $10k fine they gave to Steelers OL Coach Mike Munchak after last year's Wildcard win over Cincinnati.

skipwondah33
03-14-2016, 01:27 PM
Martavis Bryant drops appeal, to immediately begin atleast one-year ban

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14971120/martavis-bryant-pittsburgh-steelers-banned-nfl-least-one-year

Guess his agents case wasn't going to help anything

steelerfan
03-17-2016, 01:27 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14994878/sadness-cleveland-siri-finds-browns-home

:D:D:D:D:D

JBHuskers
03-21-2016, 11:51 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14994878/sadness-cleveland-siri-finds-browns-home

The struggle is real :D

JBHuskers
03-21-2016, 11:51 AM

The struggle is real :D

steelerfan
03-21-2016, 12:19 PM
https://shop.steelers.com/pittsburgh-steelers-84-antonio-brown-autographed-and-framed-11x14-photo

jaymo76
03-21-2016, 02:33 PM
Feeling very good about the Raiders this offseason. Finally moving in the right direction after a decade of misery and disaster. Now a few solid draft picks and I predict a 9-7 or better record this coming season.

JBHuskers
03-21-2016, 03:34 PM
https://shop.steelers.com/pittsburgh-steelers-84-antonio-brown-autographed-and-framed-11x14-photo

Now that's funny!

steelerfan
03-21-2016, 04:06 PM
Landon Collins is a pig, a scumbag, an asshole and he wants food stamps. :D

http://www.totalprosports.com/2016/03/20/after-impregnating-3-girls-at-the-same-time-giants-landon-collins-gets-engaged-to-a-4th-girl/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=tpspages&utm_campaign=fb

JBHuskers
03-21-2016, 04:49 PM

http://www.totalprosports.com/2016/03/20/after-impregnating-3-girls-at-the-same-time-giants-landon-collins-gets-engaged-to-a-4th-girl/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=tpspages&utm_campaign=fb

Shawn Kemp with a slow clap.

steelerfan
03-21-2016, 06:51 PM
Shawn Kemp with a slow clap.
I don't think even Kemp has 3 born that close together!

Rudy
03-21-2016, 07:19 PM

Wow. Such a loser.

Raiders did GREAT Jaymo. We will see if Carr keeps improving. Dolphins took a step back this offseason. That helps the cap and will get them a couple nice compensation picks but they have a lot of holes to fill and still don't know if their qb is better than average.

jaymo76
03-22-2016, 08:48 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/mock-drafts?icampaign=draft-sub_nav_bar-drafteventpage-mockdraft

Pretty interesting mock draft (evolution). I am most interested in seeing what the Browns 49ers and Raiders will do.

JBHuskers
03-23-2016, 11:18 AM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/mock-drafts?icampaign=draft-sub_nav_bar-drafteventpage-mockdraft

Pretty interesting mock draft (evolution). I am most interested in seeing what the Browns 49ers and Raiders will do.

Odd that Jeremiah has Wentz going to Da Bears. He's not lasting to 11th.

Rudy
03-23-2016, 03:54 PM
Odd that Jeremiah has Wentz going to Da Bears. He's not lasting to 11th.

These qbs are not a sure thing. They could go top 5 or fall a long way. It's a weak class.

JBHuskers
03-23-2016, 04:23 PM
These qbs are not a sure thing. They could go top 5 or fall a long way. It's a weak class.

Yeah and most likely a QB in round 2 or 3 will end up better than one in round 1.

steelerfan
03-23-2016, 05:03 PM
Yeah and most likely a QB in round 2 or 3 will end up better than one in round 1.
If Cleveland takes one in Round 1, you can be sure of it!

Rudy
03-23-2016, 07:47 PM
If Cleveland takes one in Round 1, you can be sure of it!

The last four first round Qbs that won five games or less- 3/4 were drafted by the Browns lol.

Rudy
03-23-2016, 07:49 PM
They might as well just get rid of the kickoff return and just start on the 25. I really don't care but that's what they want and wasting time watching 80% touchback or squib kicks and pooches will be boring and a waste of time.

steelerfan
03-23-2016, 08:24 PM
The last four first round Qbs that won five games or less- 3/4 were drafted by the Browns lol.
They usually take one at #22 overall. They seem to love that spot.

JBHuskers
03-24-2016, 11:41 AM
RGIII signs with Cleveland. If he can find his rookie magic and Hue Jackson can clean up the shit show...maybe, just maybe Cleveland can be back (to .500 ball)

steelerfan
03-24-2016, 11:59 AM
RGIII signs with Cleveland. If he can find his rookie magic and Hue Jackson can clean up the shit show...maybe, just maybe Cleveland can be back (to .500 ball)
Yeah, uh, no.

jaymo76
03-24-2016, 01:37 PM
You would think that Dallas will be looking for a QB with their first pick. With signing Rb Alfred Morris that has to change up their thought process on needs. Can you run the risk of only having Romo?

Rudy
03-24-2016, 06:28 PM
You would think that Dallas will be looking for a QB with their first pick. With signing Rb Alfred Morris that has to change up their thought process on needs. Can you run the risk of only having Romo?

They have Romo under contract for a lot of guarantee money for at least two more years. My opinion is first round picks should start including qbs. With free agency after four years you simply can't have high picks sitting the bench and developing. First rounders need to be on the field.

I think taking a flyers on a qb later on is fine. Third round or after is fine. Let's face it though, if your starting qb gets hurt you aren't going to win it all. It kills you unless you have a top defence and running game like Denver had.

jaymo76
03-24-2016, 07:44 PM
They have Romo under contract for a lot of guarantee money for at least two more years. My opinion is first round picks should start including qbs. With free agency after four years you simply can't have high picks sitting the bench and developing. First rounders need to be on the field.

I think taking a flyers on a qb later on is fine. Third round or after is fine. Let's face it though, if your starting qb gets hurt you aren't going to win it all. It kills you unless you have a top defence and running game like Denver had.

True but the odds of Romo making it a full season are slim. Draft a young guy let him start on the bench and then slowly phase him in. IMO Cowboys are NOT Super Bowl contenders so why not find your future guy rather than wait for Romo to injure himself. Then again, if you don't believe in any of these guys in the draft then I guess you can wait until next year.

Rudy
03-24-2016, 08:58 PM
Jerry always believes they are contenders. They have Romo, Dez, Witten. They made it far two years ago. He loves Romo and I would have thought he would have gone hard at RG3 or Manziel really. RG3 got a decent deal from the Browns and if he does well Cleveland gets a bargain.

JBHuskers
03-25-2016, 04:47 PM
RGIII Tears ACL Walking Into Browns Facility For First Time (http://dailysnark.com/report-rgiii-tears-acl-walking-browns-facility-first-time/)

http://dailysnark.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/rrrr-500x372.jpg

steelerfan
03-25-2016, 05:23 PM
Sounds about right. :D

steelerfan
04-04-2016, 08:41 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160405/d3a54be2c9893c70fc4a728439c597ee.jpg

Rudy
04-05-2016, 04:47 AM
Hardy is a grade A douschebag. Nobody wants him so now he lies about his past. Good riddance.

JBHuskers
04-07-2016, 09:46 AM
Hardy is a grade A douschebag. Nobody wants him so now he lies about his past. Good riddance.

Beadle said that she felt dirty for having to interview him.

steelerfan
04-07-2016, 11:06 AM
Beadle said that she felt dirty for having to interview him.
I bet she can get the frank and beans in that wide mouth of hers.

JBHuskers
04-07-2016, 12:20 PM
I bet she can get the frank and beans in that wide mouth of hers.

JBHuskers
04-07-2016, 01:46 PM
Smooth will love this. Kubiak just came out and said that he can see Johnny Manziel as a fit down the line for the Broncos.

SmoothPancakes
04-07-2016, 01:55 PM
Fuck. :fp:

baseballplyrmvp
04-07-2016, 05:22 PM
Smooth will love this. Kubiak just came out and said that he can see Johnny Manziel as a fit down the line for the Broncos.

Fuck. :fp:

As the mascot?

Maybe pee-wee football and tebow can battle it out over who will be practice squad qb?

Escobar
04-07-2016, 07:04 PM
Johnny Manziel will win a SuperBowl. If Michael Irvin can do it, so can he. :drool:

steelerfan
04-07-2016, 07:11 PM
Johnny Manziel will win a SuperBowl. If Michael Irvin can do it, so can he. :drool:
He may win one but it will be like Bernie Kosar - on the bench. That said, I don't think he'll be in the league much longer so I doubt he gets many chances.

Rudy
04-08-2016, 04:58 AM
I don't understand Philly. They give Bradford a big two year extension which is fine. Then they pay Chase freaking Daniels a ton of money to be a backup which was to much imo. Now there is a report they want to draft Wentz. Stupid. If you draft a qb in the first round, particularly top ten, he needs to play right away. In the cap erase you just can't have someone sitting on the bench for 2-3 years. They are wasting resources.

First round picks need to be starters. I no longer believe in pure bpa. You have to move up and down in the draft to get value for picks but your first rounder and probably your second rounder should be drafted to start. Drafting kids for a spot 2-3 years down the road just gets you fired many times.

skipwondah33
04-08-2016, 08:56 AM
I bet she can get the frank and beans in that wide mouth of hers.Hahaha

steelerfan
04-14-2016, 08:39 AM
The Titans traded the #1 pick, a 4th and a 6th-rounder to the Rams for the #15 pick, a 1st-round pick next year, two 2nds this year, a 3rd this year and a 3rd next year.

SmoothPancakes
04-14-2016, 09:28 AM
Clearly the Rams think a single QB will change their team, since they're mortgaging the next 2-3 years on this #1 pick.

JBHuskers
04-14-2016, 10:11 AM
Clearly the Rams think a single QB will change their team, since they're mortgaging the next 2-3 years on this #1 pick.

They may go for Goff too, of course the sexier story is they're trading up for Wentz however, with Cleveland publicly drooling for Wentz, it's probably to get that QB

JBHuskers
04-14-2016, 01:44 PM
Shefty says LA is leaning towards Goff, so Cleveland proceed with ruining Wentz's life. :D

ram29jackson
04-14-2016, 02:09 PM

lol team moves to major media center. Same team gets number 1 pick.
It has nothing to do with Rams thinking.
its nfl thinking

SmoothPancakes
04-14-2016, 02:28 PM
lol team moves to major media center. Same team gets number 1 pick.
It has nothing to do with Rams thinking.
its nfl thinking

Yeah, they got the #1 pick. And they just got it up the ass from the Titans for that #1 pick. With how much they just gave up for that #1 pick, whoever they draft for their franchise QB better be able to pull Tom Brady-like skills out of his ass. The Rams just fucked themselves for the next multiple years in regards to the NFL draft.

JBHuskers
04-14-2016, 03:18 PM
Yeah, they got the #1 pick. And they just got it up the ass from the Titans for that #1 pick. With how much they just gave up for that #1 pick, whoever they draft for their franchise QB better be able to pull Tom Brady-like skills out of his ass. The Rams just fucked themselves for the next multiple years in regards to the NFL draft.

At first I thought, wait, the Rams didn't give up a TON since they get the 2017 1st round, but I misheard it on the radio, they're giving THAT up too :D

Rudy
04-14-2016, 03:43 PM
To move up from 15 to 1 the price paid is less than other deals in the past. My problem is that this isn't a great qb class. Whoever goes one will be one of the worst qbs to go first overall in a long time. Wentz is a small time qb that barely threw over 200 passes last year. Very raw. Goff is decent but lacks the big arm teams love. They aren't Luck or Cam or Eli. They don't have the resume of Stafford or Bradford either. These are picks based on desperation.

SmoothPancakes
04-14-2016, 04:22 PM
At first I thought, wait, the Rams didn't give up a TON since they get the 2017 1st round, but I misheard it on the radio, they're giving THAT up too :D
Yep, they gave up their first this year, first next year, both seconds this year, third this year and third next year. In return they got the #1, a 4th rounder and a 6th rounder this year.

All for a QB in probably the weakest QB class in years.

JBHuskers
04-14-2016, 04:28 PM
Yep, they gave up their first this year, first next year, both seconds this year, third this year and third next year. In return they got the #1, a 4th rounder and a 6th rounder this year.

The best QB in this class will probably come out of the 5th round when it's all said and done :D

SmoothPancakes
04-14-2016, 04:40 PM
The best QB in this class will probably come out of the 5th round when it's all said and done :D
Well, I hope they're happy with that QB they get, because after the #1 pick, the Rams don't pick again until the fourth round.

jaymo76
04-16-2016, 05:49 PM

Not a single franchise QB in this draft IMO.

JBHuskers
04-18-2016, 09:44 AM
Not a single franchise QB in this draft IMO.

That you know of :D I'm sure Brady going into the draft wasn't a franchise QB.

Rudy
04-18-2016, 10:43 AM
Very true but overall this isn't a strong group. I'd rather take a chance on developing Cardale Jones or Dak Prescott. Oregon's short qb Adams would be an interesting prospect too. I have no interest in Hack out of PSU.

JBHuskers
04-19-2016, 03:26 PM
Gordon and Manziel need to have a buddy sitcom.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/18/johnny-manziel-josh-gordon-coachella-concert-party/?adid=article.readmore.click#continued

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2016/04/18/0418-johnny-manziel-coachella-getty-6.jpg

JBHuskers
04-20-2016, 12:53 PM
Eagles get the #2 pick from the Browns so I'm assuming we're going to get a Wentz/Goff or Goff/Wentz start to the draft.

skipwondah33
04-20-2016, 12:59 PM
Not too bad of a deal. The Browns can still get who they were after at the #8 position.

Oh the joys of being terrible every season and drafting in the top 10 every year.

steelerfan
04-20-2016, 02:17 PM
Just a bunch more draft picks for the Browns to screw up. The ones they happen to get right will leave ASAP after their rookie deals are up.

Rudy
04-20-2016, 04:09 PM
I just don't understand the Eagles spending all that money on Bradford and especially Daniels if they were going to do this. Assanine.

Browns are doing this smart. They will get a lot of comp picks next year, will be horrible this year and have the #1 pick next year for Watson.

ram29jackson
04-22-2016, 07:14 PM

the Titans will continue to go nowhere. The Rams will be in a Super Bowl within 5 years and it may not even be with one of these QBs.

baseballplyrmvp
04-22-2016, 09:29 PM
the Titans will continue to go nowhere. The Rams will be in a Super Bowl within 5 years and it may not even be with one of these QBs.

So that obviously means the lakers will win a title, the Dodgers will win a WS, the Kings a Stanley Cup, and USC a National Championship all within the next 5 years too.

SmoothPancakes
04-23-2016, 12:45 AM
So that obviously means the lakers will win a title, the Dodgers will win a WS, the Kings a Stanley Cup, and USC a National Championship all within the next 5 years too.
Well, you can cross off the Lakers and Kings for this year at least. The Lakers suck ass this year and the Kings just got their asses knocked out of the playoffs.

And I love how he gives himself a nice big 5 year window so if by some chance the Rams actually do make a Super Bowl, he can still claim he's right and keep spouting his retarded bullshit.

skipwondah33
04-25-2016, 10:45 AM
US Appeals court reinstates Brady's 4-game suspension

JBHuskers
04-25-2016, 11:05 AM
US Appeals court reinstates Brady's 4-game suspension

It should be a 4-playoff game suspension. They have maybe one tough game in that stretch. Also Brady redid his contract so he only loses $200k instead of $2M :fp:

Rudy
04-25-2016, 04:51 PM
It's a ludicrous penalty. One game would have been plenty. The NFL is so heavy handed in an effort to win public opinion it's sickening.

steelerfan
04-28-2016, 06:28 PM
Fun.

http://first-pick.com/NFL/Home.aspx

souljahbill
04-28-2016, 09:44 PM
Thanks ESPN and script writers for creating the "fake" bong story so we can have Suzy Kolber ask the dude 50 times if it's him in the pic moments after finally getting drafted. Way to ruin that dudes moment with an old pic.

SmoothPancakes
04-28-2016, 11:08 PM
Happy the Broncos were able to move up and grab Paxton Lynch. Word is the Cowboys were actively trying to jump back into the first round to grab Lynch. So it was a win-win. The Broncos get the QB they and I wanted them to get, and the Broncos get to fuck the Cowboys out of the player they wanted. I love it when the Cowboys get fucked over because hey, fuck the Cowboys. :)

steelerfan
04-28-2016, 11:44 PM
Thanks ESPN and script writers for creating the "fake" bong story so we can have Suzy Kolber ask the dude 50 times if it's him in the pic moments after finally getting drafted. Way to ruin that dudes moment with an old pic.
Not sure I agree.

I don't think the video is THAT old. After all, there is a Confederate Flag on the wall behind him. I'd guess, by that, he was at least already at Ole Miss. I don't really feel bad for him. He did it to himself (though I understand he is/was very young).

Happy the Broncos were able to move up and grab Paxton Lynch. Word is the Cowboys were actively trying to jump back into the first round to grab Lynch. So it was a win-win. The Broncos get the QB they and I wanted them to get, and the Broncos get to fuck the Cowboys out of the player they wanted. I love it when the Cowboys get fucked over because hey, fuck the Cowboys. :)
Yep, fuck the Cowboys.

It seems all of my favorite college players end up in Cincinnati, Baltimore, Cleveland, Dallas or Houston making them immediately dead to me.

Stanley to Baltimore, Fuller to Houston. :fp:

As for the Steelers, I'm not excited about Artie Burns. They definitely know more than I do so hopefully they got it right. Feels like a reach though (and a project).

Rudy
04-29-2016, 05:06 AM
That video of Tunsil was two years old. I have to believe his accounts were hacked since nobody was that stupid. Dolphins needed ol help. I just wonder if they play him at LG or Albert this year. I'd prefer Albert kick inside as he was a guard in college. Dolphins still have clear needs at CB, MLB, RB and could also use a DT and DE. I don't think the Dolphins should be trading up for guys although Myles Jack is intriguing. His knee must be pretty bad.

souljahbill
04-29-2016, 05:15 AM
Not sure I agree.

I don't think the video is THAT old. After all, there is a Confederate Flag on the wall behind him. I'd guess, by that, he was at least already at Ole Miss. I don't really feel bad for him. He did it to himself (though I understand he is/was very young).

Well, now that he's ratted out Ole Miss for giving him money AFTER Hugh Freeze defended him and he got drafted, he's officially an asshat. Good grief.

Edit: Now I found out his Instagram account caused the Ole Miss fiasco. He must have a pissed off ex who knows all his passwords. :D

gschwendt
04-29-2016, 08:45 AM
Well, now that he's ratted out Ole Miss for giving him money AFTER Hugh Freeze defended him and he got drafted, he's officially an asshat. Good grief.

Edit: Now I found out his Instagram account caused the Ole Miss fiasco. He must have a pissed off ex who knows all his passwords. :D
I don't know very many details but according to some, the prime suspect is his step-father. Something about his step-father abused his mother and Tunsil stepped in. Since then, his step-father has been suing or threatening to sue him.

JBHuskers
04-29-2016, 08:59 AM
Crazy damn story that's for sure. Well he's drafted now. Just don't fuck up from here.

skipwondah33
04-29-2016, 09:06 AM
Starting to slowly come around to the Steelers pick of Burns. Surely he can't be any worse than a combo of C. Allen or Blake.

Casserly had him rated as the 3rd best CB in the draft I believe behind Ramsey and Hargreaves.

Will wait and see but hopeful

Yeah hearing the same regarding the Tunsil story. His step-father tried to file a protective order against him but it was dismissed. Guess he doesn't think his case will go to well, so damaging his draft stock may have been the next thing.

steelerfan
04-29-2016, 09:21 AM
Aside from his step-father, I read that it might be a financial advisor that he fired. That, while unlikely, would be hilarious.

As for the video being 2 years old, that would make sense. However, last night it was being thrown around that the video was potentially more than 5 years old. I don't buy that.

skipwondah33
04-29-2016, 10:39 AM
According to Deadspin (yeah I know..), the video was up for sale weeks ago before the draft

The funny part in the Raven's statement that he was taken off their board immediately was cute..given their PR disaster with Rice.

JBHuskers
04-29-2016, 03:42 PM
I need to party with this guy....

JOHNNY MANZIEL BUYS 300 SHOTS ON DRAFT NIGHT (http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/29/johnny-manziel-bar-fireball-shots-nfl-draft/)

Rudy
04-29-2016, 04:38 PM
Miami hurricane players have done well in the NFL lately. They often come in raw due to bad coaching. Guys like O. Vernon and Sam Shields are examples. Burns was probably taken too high and may be slow to contribute but he has a high ceiling and could justify it. Not a great CB crop imo. The talent starts to fall fast.

Rudy
04-29-2016, 06:20 PM
Really hoping Ragland falls to Miami. I doubt it but only nine more picks!

JBHuskers
04-29-2016, 06:24 PM
Wow. That is awesome. Jaylon Smith just got drafted at pick 34. Awesome because he won't be able to play this year, but is a hell of a talent.

Rudy
04-29-2016, 06:43 PM
Damn it! We give up a 4th to only move up five spots in the second round for a CB who isn't Ragland. Csonka butchered the announcement too. Big need but crap. Don't know why we moved up for him.

steelerfan
04-29-2016, 07:27 PM
It seems all of my favorite college players end up in Cincinnati, Baltimore, Cleveland, Dallas or Houston making them immediately dead to me.

Stanley to Baltimore, Fuller to Houston. :fp:

Like I said, Jaylon Smith to Dallas. Fucking BS.

steelerfan
04-29-2016, 07:44 PM
And now, Nick Martin to Houston. Fucking ridiculous.

steelerfan
04-29-2016, 08:41 PM
I thought Pittsburgh may be going Andrew Billings but I'm good with as much secondary help as possible.

jaymo76
04-29-2016, 11:15 PM
Damn it! We give up a 4th to only move up five spots in the second round for a CB who isn't Ragland. Csonka butchered the announcement too. Big need but crap. Don't know why we moved up for him.

Not having a good draft hey Rudy. Miami does a lot of weird stuff and this is coming from a Raider fan.

Rudy
04-29-2016, 11:26 PM
I don't know what Miami was doing. We needed a RB but Drake in the third? I'd rather have taken Perkins or Procise or traded down for another pick since we seem to trade so many away. He does look like a good returner and third down back but still. That was a bit too high for him with so many other backs on the board.

Then we trade back into the third giving up a sixth this year plus a third and fourth next year for a Wr who will never be more than 4th string in 2016. Waste of picks. Gave up way too much as that's worth a second rounder. I can be fine if that is for a starter but this Rutgers WR will do next to nothing this year. Tannenbaum was too aggressive.

steelerfan
04-30-2016, 02:08 AM
I'm happy with the Hargrave pick. I think Pittsburgh did very well to get him late in the 3rd round. A NT that can push the pocket, rush the passer and potentially play all 3 downs to give Heyward and Tuitt a spell is huge for the Steelers.

With the diminishing role of the nose in Pittsburgh's defense (NTs have played just over 1/3 of snaps since Casey Hampton retired) you can't spend high picks on a run-stuffer anymore. Hargrave can bring more than that.

Of course, playing at South Carolina State leaves some questions about him but he was, by most reports, Joe-Green-dominant at the FCS level. Could be a real steal for Pittsburgh.

As for the second round, the Steelers are going to start Davis out at SS with plans for him to be able to also play FS down the line. I'm, at the very least, very happy to see new blood coming to the secondary.

With this year's #1 Burns, #2 Davis and last year's #2 Golson (missed all of last season with an injury in camp) they have a much-needed infusion of youth and playmakers coming to the defensive backfield.

Who knows how it will play out for those guys but at the very least I'm glad to not have to watch the same guys fail next year and have some hope that the secondary can become a strength again.

For tomorrow, I think the Steelers will take a RB, OL (likely a swing guy) and a LB. They have 4 picks so I'd guess the other one will be a WR or another DB.

skipwondah33
04-30-2016, 08:34 AM
Apparently there is an issue with Billings knee that is causing teams to pass. I'd guess that's why rhe Steelers did.

I know a few had 2nd round grades on Hargrave. A few said he was the best player at the East/West Shrine game and dominated.

Definitely love the pick of he and Davis. His scouting reports said he played much better as a Safety than at Corner, but nice to know he has that ability which was sure to be something the Steelers liked. A Strong Safety who can hit and cover?!?! Love that

Today I'm thinking they may go after RB Booker from Utah if he falls in the 4th.

Happy as well with the picks and new blood in the Secondary

steelerfan
04-30-2016, 11:58 AM
Apparently there is an issue with Billings knee that is causing teams to pass. I'd guess that's why rhe Steelers did.

I know a few had 2nd round grades on Hargrave. A few said he was the best player at the East/West Shrine game and dominated.

Definitely love the pick of he and Davis. His scouting reports said he played much better as a Safety than at Corner, but nice to know he has that ability which was sure to be something the Steelers liked. A Strong Safety who can hit and cover?!?! Love that

Today I'm thinking they may go after RB Booker from Utah if he falls in the 4th.

Happy as well with the picks and new blood in the Secondary
Really, in what I've read since the Hargrave pick, it sounds like the Steelers like him better than Billings even if there was no concern about Billings knee. The pass rushing ability that Hargrave has is the difference to them because of the value that he brings in potentially being able to play all 3 downs.

jaymo76
04-30-2016, 12:20 PM
I really like Connor Cook but I don't get why the Raiders would choose him. I also don't get why they would trade up for him. Why did Dallas and Cleveland not pull the trigger on this guy?

steelerfan
04-30-2016, 12:28 PM
Jerald Hawkins was on my short list (with Ervin who the Texans took) for round 4. Besides being a player they visited with, Hawkins can play both T positions and a swing guy is what I figured they wanted.

steelerfan
04-30-2016, 12:55 PM
According to availability especially since the Steelers don't pick again until round 6, here's a list of potential picks for them.

Vernon Adams, QB, Oregon
Derrick Alexander, Jr, DE, Tulsa
Jay Lee, WR, Baylor
Jatavis Brown, LB, Akron
Ken Crawley, CB, Colorado
Dadi Nicolas, LB, Va Tech

I'm not really sure what RB they might grab since Ervin is the only one they visited with but I still think they might take one.

skipwondah33
04-30-2016, 01:47 PM
Really, in what I've read since the Hargrave pick, it sounds like the Steelers like him better than Billings even if there was no concern about Billings knee. The pass rushing ability that Hargrave has is the difference to them because of the value that he brings in potentially being able to play all 3 downs.

Yeah I believe that's a reason Robinson or the other high DT wasn't taken either by Pittsburgh. Their pass rush ability needs work and the amount of Nickel Sub package used, not alot of guys fit. Hargrave is solid in that area granted it will likely need polished as he won't over power everyone but looking forward to seeing him rush the passer.

Cant believe he made it that far.

Shaping up to be a very solid draft thus far. Like to see a RB or WR.

SmoothPancakes
04-30-2016, 02:56 PM
Shit. I gotta tolerate the Ravens now. They just picked Keenan Reynolds.

souljahbill
04-30-2016, 04:01 PM
Go Rams! They just drafted Michael Thomas from Southern Miss. That boy has hands.

jaymo76
04-30-2016, 04:16 PM
Apparently, Baltimore was going to take Tunsil in the first round and then saw the video...

jaymo76
04-30-2016, 04:18 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15428515/nfl-draft-2016-all-32-teams-draft-classes-results-picks-grades

Nice overview of each team draft. Overall, I think the Raiders had a fair draft. The 1st rounder Karl Joseph is an outstanding pick in terms of need and talent. However, Jihad Ward and Connor Cook are question marks for me. Overall I would give the silver and black a B draft grade.

:Oakland_Raiders:

Rudy
04-30-2016, 06:51 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15428515/nfl-draft-2016-all-32-teams-draft-classes-results-picks-grades

Nice overview of each team draft. Overall, I think the Raiders had a fair draft. The 1st rounder Karl Joseph is an outstanding pick in terms of need and talent. However, Jihad Ward and Connor Cook are question marks for me. Overall I would give the silver and black a B draft grade.

:Oakland_Raiders:

Yeah that Ward pick doesn't look so hot and I don't understand trading up for Cook at all. Unless Carr flops and they expect this guy that be Kirk Cousins it doesn't make sense. The QB trade market is largely dead. The old days of developing a Brunell and trading him don't really happen. Those guys just leave like Osweiler. The Pat's have drafted a lot of qbs recently and it hasn't really panned out.

steelerfan
04-30-2016, 08:49 PM
I just don't want a motherfucker named Jihad on my team. Enjoy, jaymo!

SmoothPancakes
04-30-2016, 11:58 PM
Goddamnit.

Broncos legend Ed McCaffrey's son Max signs as an undrafted free agent with the Raiders, while Navy fullback Will Swain signs as an undrafted free agent with the Chargers.

Why the hell do they gotta go with the division rivals, aka teams I hate!?

JBHuskers
05-02-2016, 10:15 AM
Just announced, Tunsil will not be placed in the "program" for the NFL to start his career.

bdoughty
05-04-2016, 06:24 PM
Smirking Johnny gets booked today.

http://i.imgur.com/mJQ6kW8.jpg

SmoothPancakes
05-05-2016, 12:06 AM
I hope the cunt gets the full year in jail that he possibly can on his charges.

JBHuskers
05-06-2016, 10:47 PM
Smirking Johnny gets booked today.

http://i.imgur.com/mJQ6kW8.jpg
He knows he can afford the best lawyer.

bdoughty
06-01-2016, 08:52 AM
Yeah, those Aggie jokes just write themselves.

Johnny posts pic of him getting a tattoo while on a plane. (http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/06/johnny-manziel-instagram-tattoo)

steelerfan
06-15-2016, 10:29 PM
The Bills are finally winners!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160616/b6f5da89b25bcfb279eb1565f8703838.jpg

http://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/lookit/2016/6/15/11951194/the-bills-are-finally-stanley-cup-champions-thanks-banner

JBHuskers
06-16-2016, 12:46 PM
"my friend just bought this from China" :D

steelerfan
07-02-2016, 08:55 PM
Just watched the first episode of All or Nothing on Amazon.

It's done very well, like any NFL Films production and I'll enjoying watching the rest. However, there really wasn't anything all that surprising or ground-breaking. It'll end up just being an 8-episode highlight film with some on and off-the-field chatter.

skipwondah33
07-15-2016, 01:41 PM
Brady will not appeal suspension...any longer and will serve 4-game suspension

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17083595/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-appeal-suspension-supreme-court

All he had to do to begin with..."Deflator was a nickname because he wanted to lose weight" :D

SmoothPancakes
07-22-2016, 08:18 PM
Apparently Zeke Elliott never got the message. Never stick your dick in crazy!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rudy
07-22-2016, 08:50 PM
Appears it's suspension season in the NFL. Also waiting to hear about Dion Jordan and Josh Gordon. Dion has a lot of physical talent but his contract is too high for an unknown this year. He has a big roster bonus that kicks in quick. He isn't a good fit in a 4-3. He doesn't rush the passer good enough to be a starting DE right now but he can run with TES in coverage. He can do a lot of things and should be an OLB in a 3-4. Of course he needs to stay clean. He can be a part time DE and OLB in Miami but can he handle that responsibility?

steelerfan
08-02-2016, 02:14 AM
Not sure if this is NFL news or Walking Dead news so I'll post it in both threads.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2016/07/30/deangelo-williams-wedding-is-a-horror-show/

jaymo76
08-02-2016, 06:56 PM
All this talk of a 10-6 :Oakland_Raiders: makes Jaymo a happy boy!

Rudy
08-03-2016, 06:19 AM
I'm concerned about Miami. I think the offence will be better simply with better coaching. But I don't like the OL. Tunsil looks good at LT (second string there) and is built like one. He's not built like a LG. I know Albert is the veteran but he was a guard in college and I would prefer they swap spots. RG may be an issue still and our RT, former first round pick James that I never really liked, is a soft player good at pass protection but can't run block. Who out there desires a soft RT?

If Jordan Phillips doesn't play better, and early returns are mixed from last year's second rounder, the DT spot opposite Sun will be weak against the run. Their DL should be able to rush the passer but the run defence was bad last year and I don't see a big improvement. The Cbs look awful outside of Maxwell so far. Not much talent or depth there. Need their second rounder Howard back from knee surgery like yesterday and he's still a rookie. The defence may stink again.

SmoothPancakes
08-07-2016, 07:03 PM
Facepalm. Way to fuck up the Hall of Game NFL. First "game" of the 2016 season and already a complete fucking shit show. :fp:

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rudy
08-07-2016, 07:31 PM
I can't believe this. One game to prepare for and you blow it? Nobody important was going to play but come on!

jaymo76
08-07-2016, 08:30 PM
On the Brightside... I don't have to hear and see anymore of Brett Favre today.

steelerfan
08-07-2016, 09:38 PM
On the Brightside... I don't have to hear and see anymore of Brett Favre today.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160808/d03f2e5cefd1c30400c5966df9fe4b2d.jpg

Not so fast, my friend!

Edited by TG... Tired of opening Tapatalk and seeing lil Favre as the thumbnail.

Rudy
08-08-2016, 04:43 AM
All of that because they used the wrong paint? Kind of hilarious. Truth is I paid more attention to the non game than I would have the actual game lol. Nobody was even going to play. Game 1 of preseason is awful since most starters sit but game 1 of 5 is even worse for the teams playing in that game.

skipwondah33
08-08-2016, 08:19 AM
Steelers lost Suisham in HOF game last season. Which may have even ended his career.

Players complained about playing field before and after the game last year. Maybe that had something to do with it as well.

Rudy
08-08-2016, 06:35 PM
They have a new joint committee with the players to go over field concerns this year.