PDA

View Full Version : 2010-11 NHL Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

steelerfan
09-13-2010, 11:19 PM
The Penguins started having players deliver season tickets to a few lucky season ticket holders a few years ago. I have been surprised that other teams (in any sport) haven't followed suit.

You may know about the first time they did this and Crosby visited one lady who responded to him asking if she thought they'd win the Cup by telling him "not this year, but next year." That year the Pens lost in The Finals to Detroit. The following year, when they won (as she predicted) Crosby returned to her home with the Cup. Good stuff.

Here's an article and video about this year's event.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/penguins/s_699003.html

steelerfan
09-21-2010, 08:31 PM
Per ESPN.com, Bruins C Marc Savard could miss the entire season due to post-concussion syndrome.

And the fans of Boston will continue to hate on my own Matt Cooke.

steelerfan
09-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Well, the Pens preseason is underway! Comrie from Sterling and Michalek at 1:21 of the 1st against Detroit. 3 newcomers combine for the 1st goal of 10-11.

Damn, I'm ready for hockey.

JBHuskers
09-22-2010, 07:03 PM
Yeah I'm ready too ... was very surprised that the Flyers made the Staney Cup Finals...wasn't expecting it at all...their first final since I became a fan in 2000.

steelerfan
09-22-2010, 10:25 PM
Yeah I'm ready too ... was very surprised that the Flyers made the Staney Cup Finals...wasn't expecting it at all...their first final since I became a fan in 2000.

Hey! I'm not in here talking to myself anymore! :))

For the record, the Flyers and Pens open the season (and the Consol Energy Center) on 10/7 on Versus!

Pens beat the Wings, 5-1 tonight in their exhibition opener, FWIW. And, the Bruins are disputing reports that Savard could miss the entire season. Meanwhile, Seguin had an assist in his debut with the B's tonight.

steelerfan
10-04-2010, 11:58 AM
I'm pumped for Thursday night! Let's Go Pens!!

JBHuskers
10-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Bummer, I'll miss the game cuz Huskers are on ESPN that night against K-State.

steelerfan
10-04-2010, 01:18 PM
I saw that former Pen Ruslan Fedotenko signed with the Rangers today. I'm pumped about Pittsburgh's add of Mike Comrie after deciding they couldn't bring Fedotenko or Bill Guerin back. Comrie played fantastic with Malkin in the preseason.

JB, I read a couple days ago that Guerin was in danger of being an odd man out in Philly. Do you have any feel for that?

NM, he's been cut.

steelerfan
10-05-2010, 07:13 PM
For anyone so inclined, go to www.pittsburghpenguins.com and check out the "Mario Mosaic" video that went up today on the front page. It's a mosaic of Lemiuex that is on display at Consol Energy Center. The mosaic is made up of pictures of 20,000 fans and was done for cancer research. It's very impressive and I'm kicking myself for not participating, I tend to procrastinate with stuff like this.

EDIT: click on View Full Site at the bottom of the screen.

steelerfan
10-07-2010, 12:17 PM
6 hours till the puck drops in the 'Burgh. I can't freaking wait!

As a side note, Malkin will open the season as the Pens' 2nd line RW with Comrie playing the pivot. It worked out really well in the preseason.

Nearing the midpoint of the 2nd in Helsinki, the Wild and Hurricanes are tied at 1. The game is on Versus.

steelerfan
10-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Well, though the Flyers pulled out a 3-2 win tonight, I'm so glad hockey is back. :))

SmoothPancakes
10-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Finally I can care about NHL. Avalanche are about to get underway against the Blackhawks. Come on Avs! Make 2010-11 a good season.

JBHuskers
10-07-2010, 11:40 PM
Well, though the Flyers pulled out a 3-2 win tonight, I'm so glad hockey is back. :))

And I'm so glad the dirty Penguins went down :)) pretty impressed with the rookie netminder Bobrovsky in the part of the first period I saw plus highlights.

steelerfan
10-08-2010, 12:42 AM
And I'm so glad the 3-Time Stanley Cup Champion Penguins went down :)) pretty impressed with the rookie netminder Bobrovsky in the part of the first period I saw plus highlights.

He played well. But, keep your shorts on, rookie goalies sometimes take a bit before guys figure them out (think of a pitcher switching leagues). See Varlamov and Hedberg for prime examples.

steelerfan
10-08-2010, 12:46 AM
Nice wins tonight for Colorado (4-3 OT vs Hawks) and Edmonton (4-0 vs Flames, Eberle 2 goals - SH and PP). Also, the Montreal fans got what they've been waiting for (a loss by Price). Ahhh, hockey season.

EDIT: Check that. It appears Eberle's PPG is being credited to Horcoff with Eberle getting the primary assist (per THN).

JBHuskers
10-08-2010, 09:59 AM
He played well. But, keep your shorts on, rookie goalies sometimes take a bit before guys figure them out (think of a pitcher switching leagues). See Varlamov and Hedberg for prime examples.

Yeah but he won't be starting every game. Boucher is in the mix, and then Leighton when he gets back from injury.

steelerfan
10-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Yeah but he won't be starting every game. Boucher is in the mix, and then Leighton when he gets back from injury.

Oh, I understand. I'm just saying a lot of goalies come into the league and are amazing for a short time, then get figured out. You have every right to be excited, I'm just cautioning against history. Particularly since Varlamov was his chief rival in their U18 National days. On the other hand, I've seen young guys beat the Pens in their first start and stick (Cam Ward). The big advantage that Bobrovsky has over Varlamov is a great 6-deep set of blueliners in front of him.

steelerfan
10-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Right now on Versus.... Canes/Wild headed to OT tied at 1.

Sharks/Jackets coming up at 3 EST.

steelerfan
10-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Just read that Leighton will have a partial discectomy next week and will be out 6 to 8 weeks.

I had that procedure almost 10 years ago. No fun. Basically, the portion of your disc(s) that is/are herniated (bulging) is trimmed away.

steelerfan
10-11-2010, 08:16 PM
Well, after a pair of 3-2 losses, the Pens got a much-needed 3-1 win over NJ today. After getting swept by the Devils last year, it's good to beat them right off the bat.

NJ has some serious cap issues. They only kept 20 players (18+2) to stay under. Now, after 2 injuries and waiving Letourneau-Leblond, they're 0-2-1 and had only 15 skaters today. They have some tinkering to do, and fast.

On a good note, it appears that Thrashers' goalie, Ondrej Pavelec, had a fainting spell that caused his collapse Friday against Washington. He hopes to be back soon.

SmoothPancakes
10-11-2010, 11:46 PM
How's he doing in regards to the concussion?

steelerfan
10-12-2010, 12:24 AM
How's he doing in regards to the concussion?

From what I've read, it's not a concern. More tests are coming to be certain as well as tests to be sure that they can isolate a fainting spell as the culprit in his fall. Good news all around, thus far.

As an aside, JB, Bobrovsky had another solid outing in a 4-2 win over Colorado.

SmoothPancakes
10-12-2010, 01:35 AM
From what I've read, it's not a concern. More tests are coming to be certain as well as tests to be sure that they can isolate a fainting spell as the culprit in his fall. Good news all around, thus far.

That's good. I remember reading some reports right after everything happened that he at least had a concussion, along with whatever was wrong that they were trying to find out, but I never heard if the concussion was just minor or more serious. Can't wait to see him back on the ice.

:rolleyes:

JBHuskers
10-12-2010, 01:38 AM

Yep, considering Leighton's out for two months....Bobrovsky may not give the job back. Still a long ways to go. There will be a rookie slump somewhere in there I'm sure of. It'll just depend on how he bounces back from it. Definitely loving the start though.

Violator
10-12-2010, 11:13 PM
well thinking i am gonna be the only Blues fan on here I will put my .02 cents in. We look like we are going to have a decent year. i think we will actually make it into the playoffs this year. but dont see us higher than a 6 seed. And steeler the Blues have been doing that promo (players deleviring tickets to season holders) for 3 years now. its always been pretty cool though my brother has been a season holder for 10 years he didnt get a visit.
For the blues i think your gonna hear the name T.J. Oshie quite a bit this year and he has been impressive all preseason as well as the first 2 games.
Also they are doing a cool promo that if they dont make the playoffs you only pay for 1/2 of your season ticket price. I should make about 10-15 games this year and i got a sweet deal for opening night when i won a drawing at a bar we were at before the Cardinals game that i got 2 free club tickets for free. Was a great night spent with my son as i got hammered drunk and ate like a king for free!

steelerfan
10-13-2010, 12:45 AM
Alright, violator, glad to have another voice to talk hockey with. The Blues definitely are headed in the right direction. They have a similar buzz around their young talent that Pittsburgh and Chicago had a few years back. Obviously, much of the immediate future rests between the pipes with Halak. I'm definitely excited to watch them this year.

I didn't know that the Blues were also having players deliver season tickets. That is so awesome! I still can't believe that hasn't become the norm. I guess that's why the Pens are thought so highly of in regard to fan relations. You may have heard, but Pittsburgh added a preseason game this year and gave EVERY ticket to youth groups and students and turnred it into a job fair (to try to keep the college kids in Pittsburgh). They also keep a couple hundred tickets available and sell them just before game time to students (who line up hours early) at half price. Occasionally, when the lines form early, they'll send players out with pizzas to feed those kids. They also broadcast the game outside the arena for those who don't get tickets. Good stuff, and smart.

Not to be lost in the rambling, nice win by your Avalanche tonight, Smooth. That shootout (which I generally am opposed to) was intense. Any time Detroit loses, it's good in my book!

Violator
10-13-2010, 12:08 PM
I agree with anytime Detroit loses its a good thing!!
That is a cool thing with the pizzas and broadcasting outside. Wish the Blues did that. But they actually do alot of signings through the year. And anytime Brett Hull is in town he is always at his resturant and he is the nicest guy you ever met.
I think Halak will be fine and with some of the saves he has made already I was happy. It's just nice that we might get back to our winning ways. We have a long time to go to break our record of consceutive playoff appereances!!

steelerfan
10-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Yeah, just good PR and good business by the Pens. Build heritage with college kids and try to keep them in Pittsburgh. Good for the city, and good for the team when those kids start making some money. It's something they've done since Lemiuex took over. Now, they have a waiting list for season tickets and they still do it. Growing heritage with future earners and trying to keep them in Pittsburgh is very smart.

steelerfan
10-13-2010, 09:15 PM
Wow, the Pens are now 1-3-0 after tonight's 4-3 loss to Toronto. With Orpik and Michalek both banged up, the D corps is suffering a bit. They're really missing Staal's 2-way abilities too.

They're now 0-3 at Consol Energy Center, too. May be time to cut the power back on at The Igloo. :D

Violator
10-14-2010, 09:12 AM
Ouch! Yeah power up the Igloo and drive the zamboni over!

steelerfan
10-14-2010, 02:15 PM
I didn't see the 1st or most of the 2nd periods of yesterday's loss to Toronto. It was nice to see Deryk Engelland take out Colton Orr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc1szOLDTgM

steelerfan
10-15-2010, 07:55 PM
Damn. Horrible Elbowing Major and Game Misconduct given to Kris Letang. It was a totally clean hit. I'll post it if it goes up on youtube. That BS turned a 2-0 Pittsburgh lead into a 2-2 game going to the 3rd.

EDIT: 2-2 going to OT.

EDIT EDIT: Pens win, 3-2 in OT. Goligoski scores the winner on the PP at 1:51 for Pittsburgh's first win at Consol Energy Center. They'll be at JB's Flyers tomorrow at 6 EST.

steelerfan
10-15-2010, 11:08 PM
Here's Letang's hit. Just an awful call.

http://thehockeywriters.com/kris-letangs-blake-comeau-hit-illegal-headshot/

JeffHCross
10-15-2010, 11:19 PM
At full speed, the call isn't awful. At full speed I would have made the same call.

On replay, it's obvious it was wrong though.

As that blog discusses, it raises questions about the rule itself, actually.

steelerfan
10-15-2010, 11:32 PM
Yeah, I understand why the call was made. I just hope the NHL doesn't actually count this as a strike toward Letang getting suspended. Hopefully, they don't compound the situation in such a manner.

steelerfan
10-16-2010, 10:29 PM
Good news. The NHL acknowledged Letang's hit was shoulder-to-shoulder so there will be no ramifications from the Game Misconduct he took last night.

More good news. Pens 5, Flyers 1.

Of some concern, Brent Johnson is 3-0 in net while Marc-Andre Fluery is 0-3.

steelerfan
10-18-2010, 02:36 PM
The Penguins host the Senators tonight with a chance to get above .500. With Orpik, Staal, Michalek and Asham all out of the lineup for most (in some cases ALL) of the young season, that would be a bit of an accomplishment.

Smooth, I hear that the Avs may be in the market for a puck-moving blueliner to aid their PP. I know that management has been pretty frugal. It's been suggested that NJ (whose cap issues have been temporarily relieved by Rolston's injury) may be a trade partner or that the Avs may wait to claim Souray (at half of his 5.4 M cap hit) on re-entry waivers assuming the Oilers make such a move. Do you think the Avs will commit to those kinds of numbers?

steelerfan
10-18-2010, 10:38 PM
Pittsburgh looked very good in a 5-2 win over Ottawa.

Their PP has caught fire (5 of their last 13 after starting 3 of 27).

They continue to get points out of their defensemen (an NHL best 21 in 7 games) and Goligoski and Martin are tied as the league's top-scoring blueliners with 7 points each. Goligoski leads all defensemen with 3 goals and has contributed a point in each of the Penguins 7 games this season. Kind of ironic since Pittsburgh's focus was on more defensive defensemen in the offseason and since Orpik and Michalek are out.

Also, Mark Letestu is leading all NHL rookies in goals (4) and points (7).

Brent Johnson is now 4-0 in net as Pittsburgh has won 3 consecutive games in 4 days to move to 4-3-0.

Up next, at Nashville on Thursday and at St. Louis on Saturday (I'm looking at you, Violator ;)).

jaymo76
10-23-2010, 11:13 PM
Watching my Canucks this year is definitely a jekle and hyde story. How can you look so bad against the Wild one night and then dominate them the next night? Frustrating! However, with Luongo struggling it's great to see Schneider stepping it up. Also, Daniel Sedin... on fire!!!

steelerfan
10-23-2010, 11:50 PM
The Pens beat Nashville 4-3 (OT) on Thursday before dropping a 1-0 (OT) game tonight in St. Louis. At 5-3-1, they lead the Atlantic Division. Orpik returned tonight an Asham is expected to play Tuesday in Tampa. That will leave Staal and Michalek as the remaining injured Pens.

What is wrong with the Devils? A 6-1 home loss to Buffalo leaves them at 2-5-1. Wow. I know they benched Kovalchuk and Brodeur had the night off, but wow! Not a good start for NJ.

jaymo76
10-24-2010, 01:04 PM
Sens and Flames... awful this year. In Ottawa the GM is already talking about blowing up the team.

steelerfan
10-26-2010, 09:29 PM
Atlanta activated Ondrej Pavelec from IR today. That's good to hear.

I have an interest in the Flames and over 5.5 tonight. Looking good so far, 4-1 Calgary with 5 to go in the 2nd. I wish I would've gotten in in time for PHX/OTT Over 5.5 tonight (wanted to) but I just missed the cut off. Ottawa wins, 5-2.

EDIT: Well, Calgary made me sweat by blowing a 4-1 lead, but won, 5-4, in a shootout. Woot!

steelerfan
10-28-2010, 10:29 AM
The Pens dropped to 5-4-1 with a 5-3 loss in Tampa last night. Over 6 was a winner, which helped ease the pain though, lol.

Next up: vs. the Flyers and JB on Friday. Let's Go Pens!

jaymo76
10-29-2010, 08:48 PM
Would not want to be a Jersey fan right now. The team is in utter chaos and now there is talk of the coach being fired.

steelerfan
10-29-2010, 10:34 PM
Would not want to be a Jersey fan right now. The team is in utter chaos and now there is talk of the coach being fired.

I have Anaheim on the Moneyline (+100). Currently the Ducks and Devils are tied at 1 in the 2nd. Go Ducks!

Either way, I'll wager against the Devils again tomorrow at LA. NJ is a mess. Coming into tonight, their only 2 wins have come by way of Brodeur shutouts and they average 1.7 goals per game.

John MacLean has only been given this much leash because he's spent 20 years in the organization.

jaymo76
10-29-2010, 11:10 PM
I have Anaheim on the Moneyline (+100). Currently the Ducks and Devils are tied at 1 in the 2nd. Go Ducks!

Either way, I'll wager against the Devils again tomorrow at LA. NJ is a mess. Coming into tonight, their only 2 wins have come by way of Brodeur shutouts and they average 1.7 goals per game.

John MacLean has only been given this much leash because he's spent 20 years in the organization.

Jersey rolls into Vancouver on Monday. I am really interested in seeing how they play. I haven't seen a live game with Jersey this year so this will be my first look at them. If Brodeur isn't up for a showdown against Luongo I would be shocked.

steelerfan
10-30-2010, 12:44 AM
Jersey rolls into Vancouver on Monday. I am really interested in seeing how they play. I haven't seen a live game with Jersey this year so this will be my first look at them. If Brodeur isn't up for a showdown against Luongo I would be shocked.

The Devils pulled out a 2-1 win over Anaheim. Damn late games have bit me 2 nights in a row.

steelerfan
11-02-2010, 12:15 AM
Had Vancouver on the puck line (-1 1/2) at +160. Their 3-0 win made up for some early losses I had.

More bad news for the Pens, Jordan Staal was set to return on Wednesday and he took a puck off the hand in practice. The break will require surgery and could put him out another 6 weeks. Damn it.

jaymo76
11-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Watching that Vcr NJ game was painful. NJ looked absolutely awful and Brodeur has definitely aged. NJ may well be the wrost team in the league stats wise and play wise.

steelerfan
11-03-2010, 12:39 AM
Watching that Vcr NJ game was painful. NJ looked absolutely awful and Brodeur has definitely aged. NJ may well be the wrost team in the league stats wise and play wise.

Definitely. And now Parise is out 3 months.

Vancouver saved my ass again tonight. After losing with MTL, SJ, and TOR, I had Vancouver to win and Over 5.5 and also had Vancouver Over 3 (team total). Still lost around 25 tonight, but it would have been 120 if Vancouver had blown it.

jaymo76
11-03-2010, 06:20 PM
I might need to re-state my comment on NJ. I think a team far worse than Jersey is Toronto. Seven goals in eight games. Wow!

jaymo76
11-05-2010, 11:46 PM
Man the Canucks are looking good this year. The Sedins look even better than last year and this backup goalie (Corey Schneider) has been amazing in his four starts. Maybe the hype train is right about Vcr coming out of the west this year???

steelerfan
11-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Pittsburgh hosts Tampa tonight. psusnoop and I have been discussing how important it is for the Pens to get their goaltending situation settled. Fleury has been horrid thus far and now Johnson has come back to earth. The good news is that Vinny Lecavalier is out.

jaymo76
11-14-2010, 11:43 AM
Another big win by the Canucks last night. I know it sounds like a homer comment but if this Vcr team gets the goal tending in the playoffs this year they will be incredibly tough to beat.

steelerfan
11-14-2010, 04:38 PM
Fleury has stopped 46 of 49 with a pair of wins the last 2 nights. Good to see!!

psusnoop
11-16-2010, 07:13 AM
Got a point last night the Pens did which was huge, good to see MAF regaining that confidence that he lost earlier this season. Just want to see him "attack the puck" a little more but I like the direction.....

psusnoop
11-16-2010, 07:14 AM
I see you like to place wagers in hockey, as do I as do I :-)

steelerfan
11-18-2010, 12:56 AM
I see you like to place wagers in hockey, as do I as do I :-)

Maybe we could help each other out. :thumbsup:

steelerfan
11-18-2010, 01:06 AM
How about Fleury!?!?

3-1 over the Canucks! 29 saves....woo-hoo! It's so big for Pittsburgh to have Flower standing tall between the pipes. It's really great to see. Canes on Friday.

psusnoop
11-18-2010, 07:23 AM
Love it, he looks good the team seems to be playing with some fire right now. I know the loss to Rangers hurt, but there were some good things that happened in that game.

I'd gladly be interested in helping you out. Friend just bet a parlay in hockey risking 20 bucks and hit for 489.

jaymo76
11-19-2010, 08:38 PM
How about Fleury!?!?

3-1 over the Canucks! 29 saves....woo-hoo! It's so big for Pittsburgh to have Flower standing tall between the pipes. It's really great to see. Canes on Friday.

I was very dissapointed by the lacklusture appearance by the Nucks. They can play better than that. After dropping a stinker to the Habs only a few nights before I thought they would have been better prepared for this game.

steelerfan
11-19-2010, 10:10 PM
Pens over the 'Canes, 5-4 in a shootout. At Florida on Monday.

Let's Go Pens!

steelerfan
11-24-2010, 08:38 PM
Pens 1, Sabres 0.

Fluery makes 30 saves to earn his first shutout of the year. Crosby extends his point streak to 10 with an assist. Pittsburgh has won 4 straight on the road, 4 straight overall, and they're 6-0-1 in their last 7. W00t!

The Pens have also killed 20 straight penalties, and 34 straight on the road.

steelerfan
11-26-2010, 02:31 PM
Pens 2, Sens 1.

Pittsburgh has won 5 straight and has 25 straight kills on the PK. Fleury had 43 saves today vs Ottawa!

steelerfan
11-27-2010, 07:22 PM
Pens 4, Flames 1. :)):))

Crosby nets a hat-trick for career goals 199, 200, and 201. His point-streak has reached 12, tying a career best. 6 straight wins for Pittsburgh. Fleury had the day off. the Pens killed all 4 Flames PPs, making 24 consecutive kills. :nod:

:popcorn:

jaymo76
11-28-2010, 12:40 AM
Yeah, I caught some of that game. Pitt looks really good right now.

steelerfan
11-28-2010, 04:18 AM
Yeah, I caught some of that game. Pitt looks really good right now.

Yes, right now, they do. It's good to not be counting the days until Staal returns anymore.

psusnoop
11-29-2010, 07:57 AM
Hmm.....I'm still counting hehehehehe

The Pens are really starting to fire the puck, I love that aspect right now.

steelerfan
11-29-2010, 08:48 AM
Hmm.....I'm still counting hehehehehe

Oh, I understand, buddy. However, not having Jordan in the lineup is ALOT less noticeable when the Pens are stringing wins together. :nod:

steelerfan
11-30-2010, 08:27 AM
Fleury makes 25 saves, Crosby stretches his point streak to 13 games with an assist and the Pens kill all 3 of NY's PPs in a 3-1 win over the Rangers.

Pittsburgh has won 7 straight and is 9-0-1 in their last 10. They're on quite a run!

steelerfan
12-05-2010, 05:48 AM
Pittsburgh 7, Columbus 2.

9 in a row, 11-0-1 in their last 12. Wow, the Pens are absolutely rolling!

Following his 2nd hat trick in 3 games, Crosby was 'held' to 2 goals. His career-best 15-game point streak now includes 17 goals and 14 assists. 31 points in 15 games. Wow!!

JeffHCross
12-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Oh, the BJs ...

steelerfan
12-07-2010, 12:11 AM
Pens 2, Devils 1

I was mistaken, this is Crosby's 2nd longest point streak in his career. His longest is 19 games, this one has reached 16 games after a goal and an assist against NJ. The current streak has produced more points (18-15-33) than the 19-gamer did, however.

Pittsburgh, 12-0-1 in their last 13, has won 10 straight tying this stretch as the 2nd best in franchise history. The longest stretch (also an NHL record) is 17, which was done in 1993.

psusnoop
12-07-2010, 09:39 AM
Really enjoying this stretch right now. Also enjoying betting NHL right now too as it seems to be flowing my way right now.

Fluery and Crosby have really been sharp and it is great to see. I love how everyone is laying it on the line each and every shift out there. This could be the making of something special if they play with that kind of attitude and desire.

steelerfan
12-07-2010, 10:41 AM
I agree, buddy.

Thought about a Montreal/Tampa parlay tonight. It pays 2.5:1. Any thoughts?

psusnoop
12-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Sorry missed this, but hope you passed.

I'm thinking about a couple of unders tonight, thoughts?

Pens under
Flyers under
and take the 1.5 with the Stars since the Blackhawks are hurting.

Risk 20 to win 95 bucks

steelerfan
12-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Haven't had a chance to look, but I will.

steelerfan
12-12-2010, 10:14 AM
Pens 5, Sabres 2

12-game winning streak. :)):))

Crosby records an assist to run his point streak to 18 games.:nod:

Still shocked that the Pens were a slight underdog riding an 11-game winning streak and facing a Buffalo team that has struggled at home. I guess Vegas didn't want everyone cashing in on a Pittsburgh puckline wager. Oh well, the Pens at -105 was irresistible to me. ;)

psusnoop
12-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Me too, actually did that and the Flyers around the same with the Avs tied in to that parlay. Was a nice nice payday for me.

Hit a seperate one late too.

steelerfan
12-12-2010, 11:48 PM
Me too, actually did that and the Flyers around the same with the Avs tied in to that parlay. Was a nice nice payday for me.

Hit a seperate one late too.

I was on the Pens, Wings, and Thrashers. :))

psusnoop
12-15-2010, 08:16 AM
Heartbreaker for the Pens, they came out flat in the 1st but seemed to play much better in the second and third.

I think they give Flower the night off tonight against the Rangers.

steelerfan
12-15-2010, 09:25 AM
Yep, I'm sure MAF will sit.

It was a helluva run. I'm very happy about how the Pens have played over the last 16 since that 3rd period collapse against the B's. It will be scary for the rest of the league when they get Staal back in the mix.

psusnoop
12-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Oh I can't wait to see that, I really miss Staal. Can't wait!

psusnoop
12-16-2010, 07:58 AM
Just a complete breakdown last night for the Pens, oh well time to regroup and get after it!

steelerfan
12-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Pens 6, Coyotes 1

Good to get a win after dropping 2 in a row. Geno had 5 pts (2 G, 3 A) which tied a career best and tied for the mosr in the NHL this season. He is officially hot with 5 goals in 3 games since returning from injury. Crosby added a goal and 2 assists to extend his career best point streak to 21 which is 1 shy of the longest streak in the league since the lockout. MAF had 26 saves.

JBHuskers
12-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Gatorade fail. (http://failblog.org/2010/12/21/epic-fail-videos-gatorade-fail/) :D

steelerfan
12-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Gatorade fail. (http://failblog.org/2010/12/21/epic-fail-videos-gatorade-fail/) :D

:D

jaymo76
12-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Canucks are on a major hot streak right now. Goal tending is strong, offense is abundant, and injured players are back. This could be the first year since 94 in which the Nucks could make a serious run.

steelerfan
12-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Canucks are on a major hot streak right now. Goal tending is strong, offense is abundant, and injured players are back. This could be the first year since 94 in which the Nucks could make a serious run.

Canucks losing to the Pens in The Finals sounds great to me. :)

jaymo76
12-28-2010, 05:51 PM
Canucks losing to the Pens in The Finals sounds great to me. :)

That would be one heck of a series I think. Luongo versus Crosby over a seven game series... wow!

steelerfan
12-29-2010, 12:57 PM
I took the Canucks on the puckline (+195) last night and scored some loot.

Thanks are owed to the Canucks, Pens, Caps, Sabres and Blues for helping me score big last night. A BIG "Boooo" is owed to the Preds for failing to make my night 2x better. Fuckers.

JBHuskers
12-29-2010, 12:58 PM
I took the Canucks on the puckline (+195) last night and scored some loot.

Thanks are owed to the Canucks, Pens, Caps, Sabres and Blues for helping me score big last night. A BIG "Boooo" is owed to the Preds for failing to make my night 2x better. Fuckers.

I shoulda done that instead of taking Missouri :smh:

jaymo76
01-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Canuchks with another excellent performance against Dallas. I bet all TEN fans in the stands must have went home dissapointed. Seriosuly, what is happening to some of these American market teams turning their backs on the NHL. Dallas used to be a rock and now I am hearing rumours about moving the team???

JBHuskers
01-01-2011, 07:20 PM
Please make the Winter Classic at night every year....

jaymo76
01-01-2011, 10:44 PM
Please make the Winter Classic at night every year....

Not a good game to watch by any stretch as the rain really impacted the quality of the ice.That being said, it was pretty cool seeing the game at night. I'm sure Steelerfan wasn't too happy with the result though. That hit on Crosby... wow!

steelerfan
01-03-2011, 12:31 AM
Yeah, I never like seeing the Pens lose to Washington, but it's 1 of 82 and Pittsburgh has put themselves in great position, to this point, for some home ice come playoff time. The biggest positive, from my perspective, to come out of that game was the return of Jordan Staal. He's been sorely missed and really looked good going to the net on Saturday. The 2nd line of Staal, Malkin, and Cooke is going to be a load for anyone to deal with when they get firing.

As for the sunbelt expansion, several teams (Dallas among them) are having financial difficulties. At some point, a few of these teams (maybe Atlanta and Florida) will likely move north. It'd be great for USA Hockey if these teams can stay put. Over the last few years, California has seen a dramatic rise in the talent of their youth programs and cities like Phoenix and Dallas are producing high NHL picks. If the NHL keeps a foot hold in the south, USA will dominate the sport on the international stage in the years to come.

jaymo76
01-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Well, it's official. After last night's win, the Canucks are #1 overall. They are 14-1-2 in their last 17 games.

steelerfan
01-04-2011, 05:59 AM
Well, it's official. After last night's win, the Canucks are #1 overall. They are 14-1-2 in their last 17 games.

I was either going to be 120 down or 75 up for the night, dependant on the Canucks winning in SJ. Thank you, Vancouver! $$$ :nod:

JBHuskers
01-04-2011, 09:29 AM
I was either going to be 120 down or 75 up for the night, dependant on the Canucks winning in SJ. Thank you, Vancouver! $$$ :nod:

:nod:

psusnoop
01-04-2011, 11:38 AM
Nice hit Steelerfan.

Just looking at tonights lineup now

JBHuskers
01-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Nice hit Steelerfan.

Just looking at tonights lineup now

I tailed him on that last night :) plus he followed my NBA advice and hit another parlay too :nod: I'm on fire in NBA lately.

psusnoop
01-04-2011, 01:27 PM
I hit last night,

Took NYI ML, Nuggets ML (was -325), Heat ML (was like -525) and Stanford -3 -110. Risked 20 for 155.66. Hit that one.

Tonight I have a mixed bag. Mixing Arkansas ML +135, Heat ML -600, Spurs ML -225, and Detriot -1.5 +185 risk 20 for 393.00
Also have another one but such a reach not sure I should even list it because I don't want someone to pounce me if they play it.

psusnoop
01-04-2011, 01:28 PM
JB have you gotten yourself some breathing room?

JBHuskers
01-04-2011, 01:31 PM
JB have you gotten yourself some breathing room?

Eh...not really. Getting there though.

I only put $5 on the 4-teamer....GS/ORL unders, Heat, NO, and NO/PHI unders which gave me $60.

...a few more nights like last night's +$90 and I'll be on my way!

psusnoop
01-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Well let's hope that it starts rolling your way!

JBHuskers
01-04-2011, 01:37 PM

Yessir! Auburn will help too. An Auburn win is +$90 for me.

JBHuskers
01-04-2011, 01:40 PM

By the way Lightning/Capitals overs....but listed as 6 :( 5.5 I'd be all over.

psusnoop
01-04-2011, 01:42 PM
5.5 I wanted as well but since it is 6 I'm steering clear of that one. Thought about taking the lightening ml at +145 tied in with Detroit -1.5 +180. That'd have to pay 20 for 90 or so I'd imagine without looking.

**it is 117 and some change for a payout on that.

JBHuskers
01-04-2011, 01:59 PM
5.5 I wanted as well but since it is 6 I'm steering clear of that one. Thought about taking the lightening ml at +145 tied in with Detroit -1.5 +180. That'd have to pay 20 for 90 or so I'd imagine without looking.

**it is 117 and some change for a payout on that.

You, me, and Steelerfan will have a conference tonight I'm sure :nod: haven't heard from him yet today LOL

psusnoop
01-04-2011, 03:19 PM
I briefly got a text from him, I bet very soon the texts will be flying.

JBHuskers
01-04-2011, 03:25 PM
I briefly got a text from him, I bet very soon the texts will be flying.

I just heard from him too.... :)

JBHuskers
01-04-2011, 11:27 PM
This goal made Steelerfan and myself money tonight LOLOL :D :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2alSjiFcaBA

steelerfan
02-03-2011, 04:58 AM
This kinda sums up Rick DiPietro's entire career. It should be noted that, though I'm a Pens fan, I make that comment as someone who spent 7 years coaching youth hockey with 3 as a goaltending coach. I have an affinity for goalies and hoped DiPietro would flourish. It would have been good for a struggling franchise, and good for the NHL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqPUXEg6GMA

steelerfan
02-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Evgeni Malkin has a torn ACL and MCL. I would guess his season is over, though no official word has come out. Sigh.

jaymo76
02-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Evgeni Malkin has a torn ACL and MCL. I would guess his season is over, though no official word has come out. Sigh.

Ouch! Does this mean the Canucks will now sweep the Pens in the Stanley Cup Finals??? :) Your Pens sure are feeling the injury bug this year Steeler.

steelerfan
02-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Ouch! Does this mean the Canucks will now sweep the Pens in the Stanley Cup Finals??? :) Your Pens sure are feeling the injury bug this year Steeler.

Not a sweep, but the Canucks will be favored like Detroit was in '08. ;)

And, yes, the bug has settled in the 'burgh. :(

steelerfan
02-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Anyone who follows hockey knew there'd be some shenanigans in last night's Pens/Isles game after last week's facial-bone-shattering punch by Brent Johnson on NY's Rick DiPietro. But no one could've predicted THIS!

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/11/islanders-dominate-penguins-9-3-in-fight-filled-chaotic-game/

Wow.

steelerfan
02-12-2011, 11:26 PM
Fines and suspensions have started to be levied from last night's Pens/Isles game (see above).

The Islanders have been fined 100k.

Islanders LW's Gillies (9 games) and Martin (4 games) have been suspended along with Penguins RW Eric Godard who got the automatic 10 game suspension for leaving the bench to fight.

steelerfan
02-12-2011, 11:33 PM
The entire laundry list from Friday's game.

1st Period
02:37 NY Islanders Micheal Haley: 2 minutes, roughing
10:22 NY Islanders Micheal Haley: 5 minutes, fighting
10:22 Pittsburgh Craig Adams: 5 minutes, fighting
14:33 NY Islanders Travis Hamonic: 2 minutes, hooking
15:51 Pittsburgh Eric Tangradi: 2 minutes, too many men/ice - bench
17:56 Pittsburgh Eric Godard: 5 minutes, fighting
17:56 NY Islanders Trevor Gillies: 5 minutes, fighting
20:00 NY Islanders John Tavares: 2 minutes, slashing

2nd Period
05:21 NY Islanders Josh Bailey: 5 minutes, fighting
05:21 NY Islanders Josh Bailey: 10 minutes, game misconduct
05:21 Pittsburgh Pascal Dupuis: 5 minutes, fighting
05:21 Pittsburgh Pascal Dupuis: 10 minutes, game misconduct
05:21 NY Islanders Travis Hamonic: 5 minutes, fighting
05:21 Pittsburgh Michael Rupp: 5 minutes, fighting
05:21 Pittsburgh Michael Rupp: 10 minutes, game misconduct
05:21 Pittsburgh Deryk Engelland: 2 minutes, roughing
05:21 Pittsburgh Deryk Engelland: 10 minutes, game misconduct
05:21 NY Islanders Travis Hamonic: 10 minutes, game misconduct
05:21 NY Islanders Matt Martin: 2 minutes, instigator
05:21 NY Islanders Matt Martin: 5 minutes, fighting
05:21 NY Islanders Matt Martin: 10 minutes, game misconduct
05:21 NY Islanders Matt Martin: 10 minutes, misconduct
07:51 NY Islanders Frans Nielsen: 2 minutes, slashing
17:20 Pittsburgh Eric Godard: 2 minutes, roughing
17:30 Pittsburgh Zbynek Michalek: 2 minutes, slashing

3rd Period
01:19 Pittsburgh Brooks Orpik: 2 minutes, charging
01:19 NY Islanders Kyle Okposo: 2 minutes, roughing
04:47 Pittsburgh Eric Godard: 2 minutes, roughing
04:47 Pittsburgh Eric Godard: 10 minutes, game misconduct
04:47 Pittsburgh Eric Godard: 2 minutes, roughing
04:47 Pittsburgh Eric Godard: 10 minutes, game misconduct
04:47 Pittsburgh Brent Johnson: 5 minutes, fighting
04:47 NY Islanders Micheal Haley: 5 minutes, fighting
04:47 Pittsburgh Maxime Talbot: 5 minutes, fighting
04:47 Pittsburgh Craig Adams: 2 minutes, roughing
04:47 Pittsburgh Craig Adams: 10 minutes, game misconduct
04:47 NY Islanders Micheal Haley: 2 minutes, instigator
04:47 NY Islanders Micheal Haley: 10 minutes, misconduct
04:47 NY Islanders Trevor Gillies: 2 minutes, roughing
04:47 NY Islanders Trevor Gillies: 2 minutes, roughing
04:47 NY Islanders Trevor Gillies: 5 minutes, elbowing
04:47 NY Islanders Trevor Gillies: 10 minutes, misconduct
12:12 Pittsburgh Brett Sterling: 2 minutes, roughing
12:12 NY Islanders Kyle Okposo: 2 minutes, interference on goalkeeper
12:40 Pittsburgh Tyler Kennedy: 2 minutes, holding
16:04 NY Islanders Kyle Okposo: 2 minutes, roughing
16:04 NY Islanders Jesse Joensuu: 2 minutes, too many men/ice - bench
16:04 Pittsburgh Kris Letang: 2 minutes, roughing
16:04 Pittsburgh Kris Letang: 10 minutes, misconduct
16:04 NY Islanders Kyle Okposo: 10 minutes, misconduct
16:04 NY Islanders Zenon Konopka: 5 minutes, fighting
16:04 NY Islanders Zenon Konopka: 5 minutes, fighting
16:12 Pittsburgh Brett Sterling: 10 minutes, misconduct
16:12 NY Islanders Jack Hillen: 10 minutes, misconduct
17:43 NY Islanders Andrew Macdonald: 5 minutes, fighting
17:43 Pittsburgh Joe Vitale: 5 minutes, fighting
17:58 Pittsburgh Ryan Craig: 2 minutes, cross checking

jaymo76
02-15-2011, 11:07 PM
The entire laundry list from Friday's game.

Hah! That's amazing! I can't recall the last time I saw anything like that...

jaymo76
02-20-2011, 12:26 PM
Heritage Classic goes this afternoon with Montreal at Calgary at the outdoor McMahon Stadium. It's expected to be very, very cold.

steelerfan
02-20-2011, 12:33 PM
Yep. Triple header for me today. Watching DET/MIN now, Pens/Hawks at 2, and then the HC at 530. Good day to be a hockey fan. :nod:

jaymo76
02-20-2011, 08:42 PM
Yep. Triple header for me today. Watching DET/MIN now, Pens/Hawks at 2, and then the HC at 530. Good day to be a hockey fan. :nod:

Yeah I had the same thought but my 2nd son was born on Wed and pretty much my entire day today was spent parenting. Oh well... I guess I will have to check out the highlights at 11pm.

JeffHCross
02-20-2011, 08:45 PM
Yeah I had the same thought but my 2nd son was born on WedCongrats!!!

steelerfan
02-21-2011, 12:09 AM
my 2nd son was born on Wed

Congratulations, buddy. :)

Make sure you start telling him about Lord Stanley immediately. ;)

psusnoop
02-21-2011, 08:42 AM
Yeah I had the same thought but my 2nd son was born on Wed and pretty much my entire day today was spent parenting. Oh well... I guess I will have to check out the highlights at 11pm.

Congrats!

steelerfan
02-21-2011, 06:10 PM
Love Goligoski, but this was a fantastic trade fot Pittsburgh.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=553679&navid=DL|PIT|home

psusnoop
02-22-2011, 07:10 AM
Love Goligoski, but this was a fantastic trade fot Pittsburgh.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=553679&navid=DL|PIT|home

I'm going to miss Golo, but this trade was an easy decision. Very big plus for the Pens!

psuexv
02-22-2011, 09:42 AM
I just can't wait until they get Kovalev back.

psusnoop
02-22-2011, 09:56 AM
Lots of rumblings like this is really close to happening.

I'd welcome Kovy back, he'd be an interesting guy to mix in with the lines.

steelerfan
02-22-2011, 11:37 AM
Kovy disappears for long stretches nowadays. He doesn't play with much drive. Maybe a change of scenery would be good, bu I don't think he's a Shero type of player. I guess we'll see.

psusnoop
02-22-2011, 12:06 PM
Yea I don't think he is either, but he could regain that drive a little bit with a new sweater on. Especially one that is probably still close to his heart.

jaymo76
02-22-2011, 01:23 PM
What has happened to Dallas in the last month? They have gone from one of the best teams in the league to a brutal hockey team. Yes I know they have injures BUT look at all of the other teams with major injuries who just keep on rolling. Could Mark Crawford be looking for work yet again??? He is looking like the next Mike Keenan :)

psuexv
02-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Yea I don't think he is either, but he could regain that drive a little bit with a new sweater on. Especially one that is probably still close to his heart.

And his best years were when he wore the Yellow. Might be his last chance at the cup.

JBHuskers
02-23-2011, 12:27 PM
I've come to find the less I post in here, the more the Flyers win #knockonwood

steelerfan
02-23-2011, 07:59 PM
I got NHL GameCenter and GameCenter Live on the PS3. Since the Live perice dropped to $79, I figured I'd give it a shot to see how it compared to NHL Center Ice which I used to get on DirecTV. All I can say is, "WOW!". Every game is archived for the past 4 years and there are hundreds of classic games going back to the '60s. All available (including Live broadcasts of current games with home and away feeds) on your PS3, PC, or smart device. Worth it if you love hockey!

psusnoop
02-24-2011, 10:57 AM
Interesting, I still that site I sent you steelerfan to watch hockey. I watch 1 a night usually, but I think I would be in trouble if I got that package. My kids and wife might never see me, LOL.

steelerfan
02-24-2011, 11:57 AM
Interesting, I still that site I sent you steelerfan to watch hockey. I watch 1 a night usually, but I think I would be in trouble if I got that package. My kids and wife might never see me, LOL.

It's really cool. It has full versions, condensed versions, and highlights of virtually every game the last 3 years (PS3) and like 5 years on the PC. And the classic games? Ridiculous! SCF games from the 60s, the 80 all-star game (Gretzky's first, Howe's last), Red Army vs Flyers in 1976....nuts!!

psusnoop
02-24-2011, 11:58 AM
Well E, the Pens got Kovy for a 7th rounder. Thanks Steelerfan for texting me!

steelerfan
02-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Well E, the Pens got Kovy for a 7th rounder. Thanks Steelerfan for texting me!

No problem, buddy. I was just about to post that. I haven't been overjoyed with the prospect of Kovalev returning, but for a 7th Rd pick? Lol, that's a no-brainer. Shero never ceases to amaze me! The 2 trades in the last week are so heavily weighted toward the Pens it's ridiculous. Alexei Kovalev, James Neal, and Matt Niskanen for Alex Goligoski and a 7th Rd pick? Amazing!

psusnoop
02-24-2011, 12:24 PM
Shero is the best out there right now in my opinion. That is sick what they got this week verse what they gave up. Unreal to be honest.

jaymo76
02-27-2011, 05:59 PM
Canucks lost a tough one last night to the Bruins 3-1. Finally Luongo is looking human again. He has lost three of his last four. Thankfully Schnieder as backup has been playing extremely well. On another note, the Bruins looks good. If they get the goal tending they can make a nice run in the east.

steelerfan
02-27-2011, 10:32 PM
The Bruins are absolutely a factor in the East, and they should be for the next few years.

steelerfan
02-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Several trades today at the deadline, but nothing huge. I think Dallas is going to regret not being able to unload Brad Richards (it was next to impossible since he has a concussion). It's highly unlikely he'll re-sign.

The Panthers (I know, who cares?) turned over a sizeable chunk of their roster. I've seen them involved in 4 trades today.

So far, I guess the biggest deal I saw was LA getting Penner from Edmonton for Teubert, their 2011 1st rd pick, and a conditional pick in 2012. So many deals were done in the 2 weeks leading up to the deadline that you had to figure it'd be sorta quiet today.

psuexv
03-01-2011, 12:14 PM
So talk about the Pens keeping Sid out until the playoffs.

steelerfan
03-01-2011, 12:37 PM
So talk about the Pens keeping Sid out until the playoffs.

As long as he's healthy long term, I will sacrifice this season and he playoffs.

steelerfan
03-14-2011, 09:47 AM
Crosby back skating today. Finally, some progress.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=555960&navid=BN|PIT|home

psusnoop
03-14-2011, 01:00 PM
Great stuff, it's a start.

steelerfan
03-18-2011, 01:28 PM
Mike Comrie practiced yesterday for the first time since an early season hip injury. I was pretty high on his acquisition, so hopefully he'll be back in the fold for the Pens soon. He could add even a little more punch in the absence of Crosby and Malkin and he can play on the wing or at Center.

psusnoop
03-21-2011, 08:30 AM
He might be really needed now that Cooke did the unthinkable. Man, what was he thinking.

steelerfan
03-21-2011, 08:35 AM
He might be really needed now that Cooke did the unthinkable. Man, what was he thinking.

He wasn't.

I've seen him turn the tide in Pittsburgh's favor many times. Yesterday was an example of him turning the tide against the Pens. :smh:

steelerfan
03-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Doesn't warrant it's own thread, but may be of interest to the half dozen or so who follow this thread, lol.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/20/road-to-st-paul-16-team-tournament-field-set-for-college-hockeys-championships/

SmoothPancakes
03-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Come on Denver! The Pioneers have had some rough years recently, losing to RIT in the regional semis last year, Miami (OH) in the same round the year before. Time for them to get back to winning championships like they were when they went back to back in 2004 and 2005. Hopefully they can win it all this year.

jaymo76
03-21-2011, 02:00 PM
He wasn't.

I've seen him turn the tide in Pittsburgh's favor many times. Yesterday was an example of him turning the tide against the Pens. :smh:

I have never liked Cooke as a player. He is a cheap shot DIRTY player and often his actions are selfish, stupid, and lead to penalties. When he played in Vancouver I had on the rose coloured glasses for the first few years... BUT... then I started to see the guy for what he is. Too many people get hurt by his actions and that's not how to play the game IMO.

steelerfan
03-21-2011, 02:30 PM
I have never liked Cooke as a player. He is a cheap shot DIRTY player and often his actions are selfish, stupid, and lead to penalties. When he played in Vancouver I had on the rose coloured glasses for the first few years... BUT... then I started to see the guy for what he is. Too many people get hurt by his actions and that's not how to play the game IMO.

What bothers me is the stupid shit (like yesterday). He is a heck of a player when he doesn't pull the stupid shit. He is a high energy guy and a great forechecker. He often changes momentum with his forechecking and, for that, I love him. When he puts a cheap one on a fellow cheap shot artist (Ovechkin) that doesn't bother me. When he retaliates to a perceived injustice against himself or a teammate, that doesn't bother me. When he does it for, what seems to be, no reason - like yesterday.... GRRR!

steelerfan
03-21-2011, 04:45 PM
Manny Malhotra is done till next season (eye injury).

I do have a problem with Mario Lemieux being attacked for employing Matt Cooke. Lemieux has been very vocal about cheap shots/head shots and, instead of anyone saying, "he's right", they say, "Cooke is on your roster, you hypocrite". They don't stop to think that his recent suggestion of fining teams whose players are suspended would've cost him 600k (and more than a million, assuming Cooke is suspended this go round). Instead they say Mario should get rid of Cooke. Really? You think that the Penguins should punish their own players while yours run amock? That's fucking convenient. Just because the owner of the team you support doesn't speak out for a solution (and instead pretends to not notice a problem), one that would affect him even, then your team should be able to employ goons without recourse? That's just ignorant.

At least Lemieux is being proactive about finding a solution. Until the league changes it's rules, I see no reason for any team to change their way of playing hockey. Being a voice of reason is a good thing. Being a martyr is foolish. I applaud Lemieux for speaking out, and won't bash him for playing by the same rules as everyone else until the league makes changes.

***Side Note: Cooke has been suspended for the remainder of the regular season and the first round of the playoffs (just got word).

steelerfan
03-22-2011, 10:30 AM
I agree with 97% of this article. I'm glad to finally see the Penguins getting some kudos for how they've been handling all of this (even if this article is the only place I've seen them getting such praise).

http://blackandgoldworld.blogspot.com/2011/03/matt-cookes-suspension-and-reaction-to.html

jaymo76
03-23-2011, 12:19 AM
Manny Malhotra is done till next season (eye injury).

I do have a problem with Mario Lemieux being attacked for employing Matt Cooke. Lemieux has been very vocal about cheap shots/head shots and, instead of anyone saying, "he's right", they say, "Cooke is on your roster, you hypocrite". They don't stop to think that his recent suggestion of fining teams whose players are suspended would've cost him 600k (and more than a million, assuming Cooke is suspended this go round). Instead they say Mario should get rid of Cooke. Really? You think that the Penguins should punish their own players while yours run amock? That's fucking convenient. Just because the owner of the team you support doesn't speak out for a solution (and instead pretends to not notice a problem), one that would affect him even, then your team should be able to employ goons without recourse? That's just ignorant.

At least Lemieux is being proactive about finding a solution. Until the league changes it's rules, I see no reason for any team to change their way of playing hockey. Being a voice of reason is a good thing. Being a martyr is foolish. I applaud Lemieux for speaking out, and won't bash him for playing by the same rules as everyone else until the league makes changes.

***Side Note: Cooke has been suspended for the remainder of the regular season and the first round of the playoffs (just got word).

The Malhotra thing sucks but your sight is more important than playing a game. He's a quality centre and defense first type of guy. He loss may hurt but the additions of Lapierre and Higgns at the deadline may help. As for Cooke, he got what was coming to him. That stuff is inexcusable.

steelerfan
03-23-2011, 08:24 AM
As for Cooke, he got what was coming to him.

I agree, as long as this is the new standard. Trevor Gillies got 9 games for his assault on Eric Tangradi, came back and, in his first game after serving his suspention, cheap-shotted (is that a word?) Cal Clutterbuck. Gillies was now a repeat offender (the reason for Cooke's lengthy suspention) and got 10 games. Cooke got 14-17 depending on the length of the Pens first round series for, essentially, the same thing.

I have no problem with Cooke's suspention. Next time a repeat offender gets 10 games or less, I will.

psusnoop
03-23-2011, 08:44 AM
I agree, as long as this is the new standard. Trevor Gillies got 9 games for his assault on Eric Tangradi, came back and, in his first game after serving his suspention, cheap-shotted (is that a word?) Cal Clutterbuck. Gillies was now a repeat offender (the reason for Cooke's lengthy suspention) and got 10 games. Cooke got 14-17 depending on the length of the Pens first round series for, essentially, the same thing.

I have no problem with Cooke's suspention. Next time a repeat offender gets 10 games or less, I will.

Completely agree, there has to be common ground in which everyone is treated the same way.

jaymo76
03-25-2011, 05:44 PM
Completely agree, there has to be common ground in which everyone is treated the same way.

The NHL is gutless when it comes to consequences and there are two teirs... stars and everyone else. I love hockey but the NHL needs to take a lesson from the NFL and how to bring about rules that promote safety.

steelerfan
03-29-2011, 05:16 PM
In less than an hour, the Flyers (100 pts, 45 wins) visit the Penguins (98 pts, 45 wins) for control of the Atlantic Division and likely, the Eastern Conference. The Penguins need a regulation win.

LET'S GO PENS!!!

jaymo76
03-29-2011, 06:43 PM
Canucks will win the Presidents trophy and most likely have the #1 and #2 leading scorers this year (Sedins). Luongo and Schneider have been lights out in net. If there is a year a team is expected to win it all, it has to be Vancouver this year. Anything less than a stanley cup victory will be considered a failure this season!

steelerfan
03-29-2011, 08:37 PM
Agreed on the hype around the Canucks, jaymo. But just ask SJ fans what a President's Trophy gets. I'm ready for Playoff hockey. If Sid can get back, maybe the Pens can make a little run. I just wish Geno could return. Sigh.

jaymo76
03-30-2011, 12:29 AM
Agreed on the hype around the Canucks, jaymo. But just ask SJ fans what a President's Trophy gets. I'm ready for Playoff hockey. If Sid can get back, maybe the Pens can make a little run. I just wish Geno could return. Sigh.

Oh I NEVER get my hopes up with this team. 40 years of let-downs is tough but this team just may be different. San Jose... yeah I agree but with one exception... GOAL TENDING. SJ was always a step behind in net. Put a quality keeper with some SJ teams of the past and history may well be different.

steelerfan
03-30-2011, 01:00 AM
I dunno, Nabakov was as good as any in the regular season, just struggled in the postseason. Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way discounting the Canucks. They have had a great year, no question. I'd love to see Vancouver back in the Finals. I hate Detroit, lol. The only other teams in the West that I'd give a serious shot to would be SJ, CHI, and LA. Maybe PHX if Bryzgolov plays out of his mind. The Preds and Ducks have no shot.

If I had to pick the Finals matchup right now, I'd go Detroit or Vancouver vs Philly or Boston. Teams like Pittsburgh, Washington, SJ and Chicago could be there too. Pittsburgh has injury issues that will likely keep them out. Washington an SJ have been playoff chokers and Chicago may have to go on the road the whole way. We'll see where we're at in a couple weeks. :nod:

JBHuskers
03-30-2011, 09:52 AM
Was wondering why it was quiet last night after a long text from Steelerfan before the game talking smack :D (http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=310329016)

steelerfan
03-30-2011, 11:59 AM
Was wondering why it was quiet last night after a long text from Steelerfan before the game talking smack :D (http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=310329016)

Stating that the game is for first place, and adding "Let's Go Pens!" is "talking smack"? Lol. Ok...

Actual smack talk would include me saying that my team is far superior to yours (should be obvious since their 3 best forwards have each missed half the season and they still have a shot at the division and home ice in the East), my pointing out that 3 Cups > 2 Cups, me pointing out that the Flyers haven't won the Cup in your lifetime (1974 & 75) etc. :P

And I text you at 9:16 pm. Roughly 45 minutes after the game. You act like I avoided you. C'mon, Man! :D

JBHuskers
03-30-2011, 12:32 PM
:D thought you'd get a rise out of that.

steelerfan
03-30-2011, 12:36 PM
:D thought you'd get a rise out of that.

Read post #166 next time you think I'm talking smack, lol. Flyers in the Finals? Pleeeease, NO! (though it's better than Washington making it) :nod:

JBHuskers
03-30-2011, 12:45 PM
Read post #166 next time you think I'm talking smack, lol. Flyers in the Finals? Pleeeease, NO! (though it's better than Washington making it) :nod:

Oh let's just rewind to last year :P

steelerfan
03-30-2011, 12:53 PM
Oh let's just rewind to last year :P

Again, you failed to read post #166. Where I picked the Flyers to win the East. :facepalm:

I should send you a link to a blog post I wrote last June titled, "One More 'Fuck You, Hossa'" where I explained why I'd rather have Hossa hoist the Cup than the Flyers, lolol.

jaymo76
04-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Canucks take the President's trophy. If the playoffs started today they would face Chicago... the psychological factor of that series would be massive!

steelerfan
04-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Canucks take the President's trophy. If the playoffs started today they would face Chicago... the psychological factor of that series would be massive!

Yeah, the West is so tight 3-8. I'd root for Chicago to move out of #8 if I were you. There are muuuuch better first round draws in the West (I know I'm not telling you anything you don't already know). ;)

jaymo76
04-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Yeah, the West is so tight 3-8. I'd root for Chicago to move out of #8 if I were you. There are muuuuch better first round draws in the West (I know I'm not telling you anything you don't already know). ;)

Agreed! I was really hoping that Calgary could squeeze into that 8th position as Vcr has dominated them for the past few seasons. Hey and what about Pittsburgh? Getting out of the east could be tough. Philly and Boston are solid competition.

steelerfan
04-03-2011, 02:36 AM
Agreed! I was really hoping that Calgary could squeeze into that 8th position as Vcr has dominated them for the past few seasons. Hey and what about Pittsburgh? Getting out of the east could be tough. Philly and Boston are solid competition.

Pittsburgh has no chance to win the East without Crosby and Malkin. They'd still give someone fits though (looking like they'll get Tampa). If Crosby returns (I suspect he will), their chances increase, though how much I'm not sure. How effective would Sid be if he returns? I like the talk of comparing this Penguins team to their 1991 Cup winner. That team held their own, and learned to win without Mario for a long stretch. Is this team poised to make that type of run if Crosby returns? Not likely, but I've been proud of how they've played this season with Crosby, Malkin, and Staal only appearing in 2 games together. It's been remarkable really. I just don't think the stars are aligning for them this year.

jaymo76
04-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Pittsburgh has no chance to win the East without Crosby and Malkin. They'd still give someone fits though (looking like they'll get Tampa). If Crosby returns (I suspect he will), their chances increase, though how much I'm not sure. How effective would Sid be if he returns? I like the talk of comparing this Penguins team to their 1991 Cup winner. That team held their own, and learned to win without Mario for a long stretch. Is this team poised to make that type of run if Crosby returns? Not likely, but I've been proud of how they've played this season with Crosby, Malkin, and Staal only appearing in 2 games together. It's been remarkable really. I just don't think the stars are aligning for them this year.

Hey, never say never. How many people predicted Montreal would be in the Conference finals last year? If the goal tending is there than really nothing else matters. I can see the Pens surprising some teams and going on a nice run this year. However, I can also see the possibility of being swept by a very solid Tampa Bay squad.

steelerfan
04-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Hey, never say never. How many people predicted Montreal would be in the Conference finals last year? If the goal tending is there than really nothing else matters. I can see the Pens surprising some teams and going on a nice run this year. However, I can also see the possibility of being swept by a very solid Tampa Bay squad.

Without question, MAF has been the glue that has held the Penguins together this season. They are getting healthy (obviously not Geno), so who knows? They have 100 points with 3 games to go. I'm really surprised that they've done so well under the circumstances.

Equally amazing is that the WBS Penguins have had the best season in their history and lead the AHL in points despite the rash of injuries in Pittsburgh taking half of their roster to the NHL for much of the season. It really says a lot about the depth of the Penguins organization. (Thank you, Mr. Shero.)

If Crosby returns, and plays anywhere near the top of his game, they will be a tough out for anyone and could make a bit of a run.

steelerfan
04-05-2011, 09:18 PM
With tonight's 4-2 win over NJD, the Pens have pulled within 1 point of the Flyers for the Atlantic Division lead. Both teams have 2 games remaining. :nod:

steelerfan
04-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Playoff pairings:

East:
8 NYR vs 1 WSH (NYR won season series, 3-1)
7 BUF vs 2 PHI (split 2-2)
6 MTL vs 3 BOS (MTL, 4-2)
5 TB vs 4 PIT (split 2-2)

West:
8 CHI vs 1 VAN (split 2-2)
7 LA vs 2 SJ (split 3-3)
6 PHX vs 3 DET (split 2-2)
5 NSH vs 4 ANH (NSH, 3-1)

psuexv
04-11-2011, 08:39 AM
I know this has been said before, but wow to the Pens for putting up the 4th best point total in the league without Geno and Sid for most of the year and Jordan in the beginning. They showed last night a bunch of guys that had career highs this year and like 4 or 5 guys really stepped up there games.

JBHuskers
04-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Missed first by one point....but I think the Flyers should be fine against Buffalo.

psusnoop
04-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Missed first by one point....but I think the Flyers should be fine against Buffalo.

All hinges on the goaltenders in this one (as most do in the playoffs) but this one even more so.

steelerfan
04-11-2011, 01:29 PM
All hinges on the goaltenders in this one (as most do in the playoffs) but this one even more so.

Yep, Buffalo may be the hottest team in the league right now and Ryan Miller >>> Bobrovsky and Leighton. But, Philly reached the finals last year without great goaltending and Pronger is expected to be back for the playoffs.

JBHuskers
04-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Bobrovsky is using a new mask for the playoffs.....one side Rocky, one side, Sideshow Bob :D

http://yfrog.com/h7temxaj
http://yfrog.com/gzpizljj

jaymo76
04-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Canucks versus Chicago on Wednesday... we're either out in the first round or off to the cup finals...???... The Hawks are not the same team from last year and Vcr is far better. Psychology will be big in this series. Will Chicago be able to win without Byfuglen?

steelerfan
04-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Canucks versus Chicago on Wednesday... we're either out in the first round or off to the cup finals...???... The Hawks are not the same team from last year and Vcr is far better. Psychology will be big in this series. Will Chicago be able to win without Byfuglen?

You could have gotten a better draw, but I like Vancouver. Luongo >> Crawford. I won't necessarily pencil the Canucks into the finals if they beat Chicago though.

steelerfan
04-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Bobrovsky is using a new mask for the playoffs.....one side Rocky, one side, Sideshow Bob :D

http://yfrog.com/h7temxaj
http://yfrog.com/gzpizljj

Oh boy...better than Budaj's Ned Flanders, I guess. :D

jaymo76
04-12-2011, 11:55 PM
Pumped for tomorrow. This is the best time of the year for hockey. Bring on the playoffs. I am really interested in the Mtl-Bos series. When that series arrives in Mtl the fans will be nuts as they are still steamed over the Chara hit.

psusnoop
04-13-2011, 07:57 AM
Pumped for tomorrow. This is the best time of the year for hockey. Bring on the playoffs. I am really interested in the Mtl-Bos series. When that series arrives in Mtl the fans will be nuts as they are still steamed over the Chara hit.

That series is going to be really interesting to watch. I love this time of year as well.

Let's go Pens!!

psusnoop
04-13-2011, 08:00 AM
I'm going to post my predictions here in a little bit.

psuexv
04-13-2011, 08:52 AM
Here you go Steelerfan - - - Let's go Pens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxB2HriPpvo&feature=related

psusnoop
04-13-2011, 09:28 AM
That was awesome, nice find and thanks for posting that.

psusnoop
04-13-2011, 12:04 PM
OK here goes for my picks.

Vancover in 6

Kings in 6

Redwings in 5

Preds in 6

Caps in 7

Flyers in 6

Bruins in 6

Pens in 5

ok ok I'm slightly biased to the Pens, but I'm not changing my picks. I'm sticking to my guns.

psusnoop
04-14-2011, 07:26 AM
Nice start for the Pens, very good win.

psusnoop
04-15-2011, 07:47 AM
After game one for the first round of the playoffs here are the standings.

VAN 1- CHI-0
SJS 1- LAK-0
DET 1- PHX-0
ANA 0- NAS-1

WAS 1- NYR-0
PHI 0- BUF-1
BOS 0- MTL-1
PIT 1- TB-0

Home teams roll 5-3 to start the first nights, should be interesting if these teams can really sway the series right from the start.

Anaheim, Philly and Boston are really going to have to play from behind now and the pressure of swinging home ice back in their favor now.

jaymo76
04-16-2011, 12:52 AM
Canucks with another win. Now they are 2-0 in the series. Chicago sure is not the same team from last year. The series is okay but be clear, VCR is 100X better than Chicago this season. I don't see this series getting past four or five games!

psusnoop
04-16-2011, 10:21 AM
The Canucks look really good right now. My Pens need to get back at it down in Tampa and really squash the Lightening's momentum right now. Otherwise this isn't going to end well.

steelerfan
04-16-2011, 01:05 PM
Thanks for that vid, psuexv! That is as good as any I have ever seen.

Let's Go Pens!!!

jaymo76
04-18-2011, 09:08 PM
I just shake my head with the NHL. Raffi Torres (Vcr) has another brutal headshot on Seabrook. This is his first game back since being ejected from the regular season for a headshot and the NHL decides NOT to take any action!!! Seriously? Hey VCR is my team but he needs to be suspended no questions asked. Come on NHL, get your heads out of the sand and protect players from headshots!!!

steelerfan
04-19-2011, 12:40 AM
Pens win 3-2 in game 3 and now lead the series, 2-1. :))

psusnoop
04-19-2011, 06:52 AM
What a great win last night! Boy was i sweating it right up till the end. Pens have to improve on special teams right now!

JBHuskers
04-19-2011, 09:23 AM
Pens win 3-2 in game 3 and now lead the series, 2-1. :))

2-1 Flyers as well :))

psuexv
04-19-2011, 11:15 AM
I just shake my head with the NHL. Raffi Torres (Vcr) has another brutal headshot on Seabrook. This is his first game back since being ejected from the regular season for a headshot and the NHL decides NOT to take any action!!! Seriously? Hey VCR is my team but he needs to be suspended no questions asked. Come on NHL, get your heads out of the sand and protect players from headshots!!!

There was a nasty hit on Lovejoy last night in the Pens/TB game as well. Downy actually left his feet and clocked Lovejoy in the melon.

steelerfan
04-19-2011, 12:01 PM
There was a nasty hit on Lovejoy last night in the Pens/TB game as well. Downy actually left his feet and clocked Lovejoy in the melon.

Yeah, that was behind Fluery. The Pens took the puck end-to-end and scored immediately following that hit. I was expecting a PP still because I figured they'd give him a major. Waiting to see if there will be a suspension...

psuexv
04-19-2011, 12:45 PM
The boy asked to wear this today.... I was stoked

psusnoop
04-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Awesome, get em started early is my saying.

JBHuskers
04-19-2011, 01:31 PM
The boy asked to wear this today.... I was stoked

He should be spanked...

psuexv
04-19-2011, 01:33 PM
He should be spanked...

Hey now.... he's not one of your dancer friends. :)

JBHuskers
04-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Hey now.... he's not one of your dancer friends. :)

steelerfan
04-19-2011, 04:40 PM
That's awesome, Eric. My daughter has the exact same shirt, lol.

JBHuskers
04-19-2011, 04:51 PM
That's awesome, Eric. My daughter has the exact same shirt, lol.

Another kid gone wrong :smh: what's wrong with society these days!

steelerfan
04-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Another kid gone wrong :smh: what's wrong with society these days!

I'm just glad you don't have a little Flyer running around. :nod:

JBHuskers
04-19-2011, 05:12 PM
I'm just glad you don't have a little Flyer running around. :nod:

...that I know of.

steelerfan
04-21-2011, 08:11 AM
...that I know of.

Well, I did mean "for tax purposes". ;)

steelerfan
04-21-2011, 08:14 AM
Big win for the Pens in 2 OT last night! 3-1 series lead. I wish the damn Rangers could have pulled it out last night. I hate Washington, lol.

psusnoop
04-21-2011, 08:25 AM
Huge win for the Pens, the Caps while I really don't like them one bit I had them as my other team in a parlay with the Pens so I was secretly routing for them to score one last night.

I was also pleased that the Flyers were blanked by Miller last night (sorry JB, just typing from the heart right now).

steelerfan
04-23-2011, 09:45 AM
Great day to be a hockey fan!

TB/PIT 11 am
NYR/WSH 2 pm
MTL/BOS 6 pm
LA/SJ 930 pm

psusnoop
04-23-2011, 10:02 AM
Man I am wound. I just cancelled our opening day game because of weather so that means I'm heading home to watch them now. Yes!!!!

SmoothPancakes
04-23-2011, 12:30 PM
Great day to be a hockey fan!

TB/PIT 11 am
NYR/WSH 2 pm
MTL/BOS 6 pm
LA/SJ 930 pm

Man I am wound. I just cancelled our opening day game because of weather so that means I'm heading home to watch them now. Yes!!!!

I'm guessing you two are no longer quite so excited about today based on how this Tampa/Pitt game is going.

steelerfan
04-23-2011, 12:37 PM
I'm guessing you two are no longer quite so excited about today based on how this Tampa/Pitt game is going.

Meh. still better than being a Colorado fan. ;)

SmoothPancakes
04-23-2011, 01:19 PM
Meh. still better than being a Colorado fan. ;)

That's cold. :D

steelerfan
04-23-2011, 01:23 PM
That's cold. :D

:P

SmoothPancakes
04-24-2011, 06:10 AM
I'm glad to see the Kings pick up the victory last night to stay alive against the Sharks. Since I have no dog in this fight in the playoffs, I'm gonna bandwagon on the Kings until they lose as they are the team that drafted my player in Be a Pro mode in NHL 11, so they are the only team in the playoffs that I have even a tiny sense or feel of a connection with. :D

steelerfan
04-24-2011, 11:10 AM
I am looking forward to watching Buffalo eliminate Philly today. :nod:

SmoothPancakes
04-24-2011, 11:49 AM
And I am looking forward to the Predators and Canucks advancing to the next round.

Flav
04-24-2011, 12:00 PM
Jeez, can round 1 end already? I want to see the Wings play again :P

steelerfan
04-24-2011, 10:00 PM
Jaymo, buddy, are you pulling your hair out???

SmoothPancakes
04-24-2011, 10:07 PM
Wow. What a collapse by Vancouver after putting Chicago on the ropes quick and early in the series.

steelerfan
04-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Wow. What a collapse by Vancouver after putting Chicago on the ropes quick and early in the series.

No kidding. The Canucks are facing being dubbed "San Jose North". Ouch! :smh:

jaymo76
04-24-2011, 10:19 PM
Jaymo, buddy, are you pulling your hair out???

Yeah I don't even know what to say. Heck, I'm still shocked seeing Schneider start over Luongo. On the bright side, game 7's are always fun and this should be a good one. I can't help but wonder if the locker room is divided between Longo and Schneider. If Vcr drops game 7 it will be a long, long summer in Vancouver. My wife has already told me she refuses to watch game 7...

steelerfan
04-24-2011, 10:24 PM
Yeah I don't even know what to say. Heck, I'm still shocked seeing Schneider start over Luongo. On the bright side, game 7's are always fun and this should be a good one. I can't help but wonder if the locker room is divided between Longo and Schneider. If Vcr drops game 7 it will be a long, long summer in Vancouver. My wife has already told me she refuses to watch game 7...

Well, good luck, bro. Two game 7s and possibly five pending the outcome of the other three game 6s. Gonna be some heart-stopping hockey this week!

psusnoop
04-25-2011, 07:58 AM
Your are spot on about this week in Hockey. Man I'm already pushing a nervous breakdown about the Pens game tonight and it's only game 6. Looking for a big bounce back tonight.

The Canucks just blow my mind right now, that series should have been over but they left Chicago build some momentum and now look out for a crazy game 7.

The Flyers, well BOOOOOOOOOOO on that.

Let's Go Pens!!

JBHuskers
04-25-2011, 08:23 AM
Your are spot on about this week in Hockey. Man I'm already pushing a nervous breakdown about the Pens game tonight and it's only game 6. Looking for a big bounce back tonight.

The Canucks just blow my mind right now, that series should have been over but they left Chicago build some momentum and now look out for a crazy game 7.

The Flyers, well BOOOOOOOOOOO on that.

Let's Go Pens!!

:)) :)) :))

psusnoop
04-25-2011, 09:01 AM
:)) :)) :)):sick::sick::sick:

steelerfan
04-25-2011, 11:38 AM
:sick::sick::sick:

+1

Let's Go Pens!!!

SmoothPancakes
04-25-2011, 12:11 PM
For the sake of the playoffs, I gotta side with the Lightning in game 6, just because I want to see a game 7. :nod:

psusnoop
04-25-2011, 12:16 PM
For the sake of the playoffs, I gotta side with the Lightning in game 6, just because I want to see a game 7. :nod:

:mad:

SmoothPancakes
04-25-2011, 12:23 PM
:mad:

Hey, like I mentioned near the top of this page yesterday morning, I have no dog in the fight in these playoffs with the Avalanche sitting out. And the Kings are the only team in the playoffs that I feel even the slightest, most remote sense or feeling of a connection to, and the reason for that is because they're the team who drafted by Be a Pro player in NHL 11, and so I've been playing with their team and becoming familiar with their organization as I have advanced my BAP career.

Other than that little bit of me rooting for the Kings, the hockey fanatic in me wants to see every single other series in these playoffs go the full 7 games. :)

JBHuskers
04-25-2011, 12:37 PM

When I first saw this I thought he said I gotta Ride with the Lightning. :D

http://roomtobreathem.webs.com/photos/Metallica-discography/Ride%20The%20Lightning-1.jpg

steelerfan
04-25-2011, 02:09 PM
Oh for the days when Metallica was worth a shit. Sigh. :smh:

LET'S GO PENS!!!

JBHuskers
04-25-2011, 03:42 PM
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg614/scaled.php?tn=0&server=614&filename=qdpuw.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

steelerfan
04-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Flyers fans keep waiting for Lord Stanley's return to Philly. :smh:

Don't hold your breath! :P

jaymo76
04-25-2011, 06:43 PM
Just heard Luongo has been named the started for Vcr. The local media is saying that if VCR loses on Tuesday, they will be considered the biggest flop in NHL history. Hey I agree, it's bad... but the biggest flop ever...???... I don't know about that.

I am also really interested to see what Mtl can do or if that's over???

steelerfan
04-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Fuck. Game 7 Wednesday.

LET'S GO PENS!!

jaymo76
04-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Fuck. Game 7 Wednesday.

LET'S GO PENS!!

I was thinking about you during the third period Steeler. You must have been losing your mind. Trust me, I know the feeling... lol

steelerfan
04-25-2011, 09:30 PM
I was thinking about you during the third period Steeler. You must have been losing your mind. Trust me, I know the feeling... lol

Lol. I wasn't that irate, really. I don't have high expectations without 71 and 87. The last few playoffs have been much more stressful than this year, from my perspective. :)

JBHuskers
04-26-2011, 12:22 AM
Fuck. Game 7 Wednesday.

LET'S GO PENS!!

That's what you get for hatin'

steelerfan
04-26-2011, 12:46 AM
That's what you get for hatin'

http://s.dsimg.com/image/R-150-1128562-1194993462.jpeg

jaymo76
04-26-2011, 11:01 PM
Start of the 3rd period and the Canucks have the worst lead in hockey, 1-0. They have badly outplayed Chicago but Crawford is plaaying incredibly well. This is the type of game that worries me because everything points to a Vancouver victory but the Hawks are hanging around. One Chicago goal and the face of this game changes instantly.