PDA

View Full Version : Playbooks

Oneback
09-12-2010, 01:10 PM
I have been roaming around looking at other online dynasties looking for ways to make ours better and one thing I've seen in a few is that users must declare both their offensive and defensive playboks for the upcoming year. I think this would add a lot in terms of game planning, I understand that not everyone will take the time to gameplan opponents but I wanted to see what everyone thought about this.

skipwondah33
09-12-2010, 01:39 PM
I agree with this proposal

fsuprime
09-12-2010, 01:50 PM
fine with me, we do this in my other OD and it works well.

gschwendt
09-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Works for me. However, what if you decide to switch playbooks midseason? For example, in SBCOL, I lost my starting QB for 7 weeks... without a reliable backup, I switched to a Shotgun Triple Option (Michigan Playbook) and just ran the ball a lot. Do we just declare changing books or not even allow that?

texacotea
09-12-2010, 02:19 PM
dont have a problem with it, what about if we change. I think we should have a thread topic about it

Oneback
09-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Works for me. However, what if you decide to switch playbooks midseason? For example, in SBCOL, I lost my starting QB for 7 weeks... without a reliable backup, I switched to a Shotgun Triple Option (Michigan Playbook) and just ran the ball a lot. Do we just declare changing books or not even allow that?

I guess that would be up for debate. I am fine with it either way as long as you declare what playbook you will be using in the next week before we advance or soon there after I wouldn't have a problem with it.

The other OD's I've seen make you declare for the entire year which I guess is more realistic but I am open to both sides.

Oneback
09-12-2010, 02:24 PM
dont have a problem with it, what about if we change. I think we should have a thread topic about it

That we would...we would have a sticky thread that lists everyones playbooks.

fsuprime
09-12-2010, 02:28 PM
yea i would say you have to keep your playbooks barring a major injury to the QB position, like where your only backup is a different style of QB (which probably wont happen much with our power house recruiting schools)...besides miami who i think is in for a world of hurt next season 0.o

JeffHCross
09-12-2010, 02:35 PM
yea i would say you have to keep your playbooks barring a major injury to the QB positionExcept that we've demonstrated in Powerhouse the last few seasons that several of us have a tendency to not be comfortable with our offense, so we change playbooks. Oneback changed at least every year, if not mid-season. I did the same.

I'm okay with the proposal, but I'm not sure what it gets us. If G declares that he's using Nevada, rather than, say, Ohio State, what does that get me? I still have no way of knowing what actual kind of offense he's running.

I think either utilizing the Scouting reports or just a quick glance at the stats will get you more than declaring our playbooks ever will.

Honestly, I like that our dynasty is limited in complexity. We just focus on recruiting and playing, without jumping through a lot of hoops. I like it that way.

Escobar
09-12-2010, 03:20 PM
It doesn't matter to me, but I also pose the question of what happens if we switch. I know last season I switched twice. Then again this season after I played OneBack., but it was still the Spread just a different playbook.

texacotea
09-12-2010, 03:29 PM
Yes we are

Escobar
09-12-2010, 04:40 PM
I think I just switched again. lol

psusnoop
09-12-2010, 04:45 PM
I can go either way really but I know once I see what team they are using as to what type of gameplan I'm going to be using for that game.

I think it would be a fun way to keep everyone involved though and add a little bit.

skipwondah33
09-12-2010, 05:32 PM
I use the same playbooks regardless. I don't play this game enough to find other playbooks

JeffHCross
09-12-2010, 05:32 PM
I can go either way really but I know once I see what team they are using as to what type of gameplan I'm going to be using for that game.Yeah, I'm sure that's what you thought until you saw my first formation in our game :D

Papa LoneStar
09-12-2010, 05:50 PM
I have went from Arkansas to Fresno State to Oregon State....and will test out Alabama the next time I get online (hopefully tonight in practice mode). Last year....went from Arkansas to LSU to Arkansas. Our offense has great stability.

fsuprime
09-12-2010, 06:05 PM
the only time i switched PBs last year was when i switched to WVU from oklahoma pb.

this year it will be fsu until i can maybe get some power runners.

lol packers trying to make vick the starting QB!

psusnoop
09-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Jeff that was really an interesting set that is for sure. I might have to mess around with that for some of my other leagues.

JeffHCross
09-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Jeff that was really an interesting set that is for sure. I might have to mess around with that for some of my other leagues.And that kinda goes to what I'm saying. Even if I'd declared that playbook before the game ... or the other playbook I was considering ... would you have expected that? No way. You might have known it existed, but you wouldn't have expected that.

I agree with the idea of giving up some information to allow our opponents to gameplan ... but I don't see the end goal of declaring our playbooks. Formations only gives you half of the equation ... and scheme is the much, much more important half.

Oneback
09-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Formations would give me the alignments I need to prepare for/get audibles ready for.

fsuprime
09-12-2010, 09:05 PM
i just like the idea of teams having an offensive and defensive coordinator which is how i view the playbooks since the game does not go in depth.