PDA

View Full Version : Allowing time for defensive adjustments.

Oneback
09-12-2010, 11:00 AM
I know this can only be done in user games but how much time does everyone think would be a fair amount of time to allow for defensive adjustments?

psusnoop
09-12-2010, 11:58 AM
This is a tough one, you mean outside of running no huddle to end a half or game correct?

fsuprime
09-12-2010, 11:59 AM
i dunno, seems feasible in the 1st half, but what if i sit there and let u adjust all u want setting up your perfect blitz, and then i just audible?

Oneback
09-12-2010, 12:18 PM
I'm only thinking like 5-10 seconds at the most in normal game situations.

JeffHCross
09-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Didn't we have this same discussion last year? If I'm recalling correctly, we eventually agreed that there was no real reason to wait to snap the football just to allow the defense to make adjustments. I acknowledge that the defense is at a decided disadvantage in this year's title with playcalling, but I also don't see any overwhelming reason to ask the offense to wait any longer than normal. I'd say as long as the offense isn't hitting X to run to the line every play of the game (unless they're running no-huddle), then whatever time you get is reasonable. I've gotten to the point that I can make all my normal adjustments before the CPU snaps the ball, and we all know they don't wait for anything.

There are too many what ifs to enforce something like this anyway. What if I took longer to make my play call and the clock is running down? What if I audibled? What defines "normal" game situations?

If somebody's not running to the line and snapping the ball immediately, I think that's reasonable. That's at least consistent with what you'll get from a normal CPU offense.

Oneback
09-12-2010, 02:57 PM
And I am fine with that, just a discussion I wanted to bring up since we are waiting on two games to be played.

Escobar
09-12-2010, 03:23 PM
I think we should just leave it like it is for right now. Most of the time I've only seen people need alot of time to set up their D if they're trying to create a nano blitz, which no one here uses.

fsuprime
09-12-2010, 03:38 PM
i think it depends on what you consider nano, rhombic posted a overload blitz thread at utopia that outlines something that looks pretty close lol.

*edit* only because of the DT contain motion sort of confusing the AI imo

Oneback
09-12-2010, 05:08 PM
The reason I want it is for coverage adjustments...I'll use it for blitzes but mainly for coverages.