PDA

View Full Version : NBA Live 16 - November 19 Roster Update

cdj
11-19-2015, 06:04 AM
A new roster update is now available in NBA LIVE 16. Details listed below.

This update contains the first ratings adjustment of the year. Steph Curry and Russell Westbrook are now tied for the highest rated player in the game at 97 OVR.

New uniforms added to the game include the Bulls' Pride (Gray), Clippers' Road Alternate (Black), Grizzlies' '74-'75 Road (Red), Nets' Stretch, Rockets' Stretch, Suns' Pride (Gray), and the Wizards' Stretch.

What’s good NBA LIVE Fans?! We’re back with the latest Roster update.

Movers and Shakers

Jeremy Lamb (OVR 79) +4 – Lamb has improved significantly in his new role with the Hornets.
Steph Curry (OVR 97) +3 - Chef Curry is playing like a human cheat code. He’s now the highest-rated player in NBA LIVE 16, tied with…
Russell Westbrook (OVR 97) +3 – NBA Live 16’s cover athlete has been playing lights out. He shares the top spot with Curry.
Enes Kanter (OVR 86) +3 - Kanter looks like he could be the missing piece to the championship puzzle in OKC.
Manu Ginobili (OVR 85) +3 – Ginobili is playing great off the bench.

Who’s In A Slump

Marc Gasol (0VR 91) -4 - It hasn’t been the best start for Gasol and the Grizzlies.
Zach Randolph (OVR 88) -3 - Z-Bo has been struggling on the stat sheet.
Klay Thompson (OVR 88) -3 - Thompson has fizzled out a bit, but that’s partly due to the emergence of Cheat Code Curry.
Ty Lawson (OVR 84) -3 – Lawson might be headed to the bench soon.
Gordon Hayward (OVR 82) -3 - A slow start to the season for Hayward, but things are looking up.

Rookies On The Rise

Karl-Anthony Towns (OVR 85) +3 - Towns has made an immediate impact for the T-Wolves.

Kristaps Porzingis (OVR 80) +1 - Porzingis has exceeded everyone’s expectations so far.

For all updates, check this out (https://www.easports.com/content/dam/ea/easports/nbalive/roster-update/2015/november/19/NBA%20LIVE%20Roster%20Update%2011-19.xlsx).

Rudy
11-19-2015, 06:51 AM
I will have to check this out later. Any eta on the patch?

Rudy
11-19-2015, 01:01 PM
This is the first ratings update and I don't like it. I'm only looking at the Pistons. They finally added Joel Anthony to the team although it's not a real big deal since he NEVER plays. But EA doesn't look at playing time or stats because Anthony at 70 is rated higher than Illyasova is who dropped for some reason from 70 to 69. He's the weakest starter on the team but I think he should be rated higher than a guy who NEVER PLAYS. Other annoying things:

Reggie Jackson - dropped from 82 to 81. He's not perfect as he turns it over too much but averaging 20.6 ppg and he drops?
Brandon Jennings - increased from 83 to 84! Still out all year with his accilles injury which I'm sure has made him better and better than Reggie!
Andre Drummond - I think he dropped from 91 to 90 despite putting up some incredible numbers early this year and is averaging 19.1 ppg and 18.9 rpg. But don't worry, DeAndre Jordan is still rated a point higher. Yes Jordan can block a ton of shots but Dre is better.

Some minor things like still listing Dinwiddie as a SG and not a PG. Tolliver doesn't have his high socks.

EA - you clearly can't do ratings right so why did you lock out editing? For Synergy which I can't even tell if it does anything? This is something that is very frustrating and there is no reason for it. Locking down rosters in 2015 makes zero sense.

cdj
11-19-2015, 01:03 PM
I think there is a bug in-game with socks, Rudy. Head into Settings, Rosters, Pistons, Tolliver, View Player - he has high socks in there.

I'm not 100% Synergy is working pre-patch. No records are showing for this year and no Big Moments/NBA Rewind games are working either.

Rudy
11-19-2015, 01:15 PM
The game is very solid imo but EA is shooting themselves in the foot on issues that shouldn't even be issues. I think I'm just going to start a franchise. Waiting isn't going to make a difference.

cdj
11-19-2015, 05:33 PM
First post now updated with more unlocked uniforms and details from EA on the ratings & roster update.

Rudy
11-19-2015, 05:44 PM
Seriously, how does Drummond not go up? His rebounds are at least four higher than the next best guy in the nba but he gets no bump? They drop Illyasova down two and underneath Tolliver who clearly has been worse. Reggie Jackson is averaging over 20 points a game and they drop him two points. Why? Why does Jennings go up one and he hasn't gone on the court?

This reeks of someone who has a handful of favourite players and teams and uses opinions to rate players. The Pistons are poorly done imo.

JBHuskers
11-20-2015, 01:46 AM
I think Porzingis should have had more than a 1 point bump. When he was drafted the experts said he wouldn't be ready for a couple of years :D

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Rudy
11-20-2015, 04:18 AM
Some ratings don't make sense. Kobe Bryant has an 88 for 3 point shooting while Iguadala has a 72 despite almost identical 32% career shooting which is not great. Kobe is just inflated. Three point shooting G and free throw shooting ratings should simply be pure stat driven. Heck the ratings should be their actual percentage instead of a made up rating.

steelerfan
11-20-2015, 04:25 AM
Some ratings don't make sense. Kobe Bryant has an 88 for 3 point shooting while Iguadala has a 72 despite almost identical 32% career shooting which is not great. Kobe is just inflated. Three point shooting G and free throw shooting ratings should simply be pure stat driven. Heck the ratings should be their actual percentage instead of a made up rating.
What are their percentages like this year?

I'm not debating you. First, I don't care about the NBA but more importantly I don't know the answer.

I am someone who cares about stats, sliders and ratings which is why I ask.

Rudy
11-20-2015, 04:38 AM
The percentages in game are fine if you tweak the sliders down a bit. The game on default has high shooting and is more geared to offence. In the real NBA you should shoot about 45% overall and 35% from downtown. Jump shooters are always under 50% and anyone under 40% is bad. The dunks down low bring the team percentages up. So guys like Deandre Jordan who are terrible shooters but shoot 70% because most shoots are rebounds or dunks help.

I find I'm still a bit too high in overall and 3 point shooting but the sliders are too touchy when you drop them one click which is ten points like the Show. That's OK since I prefer more offence than defence anyways. I do crank up the defence sliders to make it harder to get to the rim since the points on the paint are a bit too high. That was a common complaint but you can reduce that. Overall I haven't really messed with any major slider changes in awhile. I hope the new patch s doesn't screw that up.

Rudy
11-20-2015, 04:58 AM
I need to apologize. Jennings apparently did not go up on Detroit although he is now three points higher than Reggie Jackson. And Kobe is 88 overall with 73 three point shooting which is fair.

It does look as though the three point rating works like 45% =99 and you lose two points for every percentage drop so 35%=79. Not as bad as I thought.

Drummond has maxed 99s in rebounding so they can't do anything else in that department.