PDA

View Full Version : NBA Live 16 Sells 8,300 Copies in Week One?

bdoughty
10-20-2015, 08:35 AM
Any numbers on Taken King?

Hard to say since NPD does not allow for that information to be posted. Unless it is from the publisher of the game. Also as digital grows the NPD numbers get less accurate as they do not account for digital sales in their figure. Nintendo says Mario Maker sold 445K and was the title before the Taken King. So over 445K.

Now there is one person who gets the NPD data with the physical volume sold that posts some interesting things from time to time at Ngaf.

For this month. Again, physical sales to the customer, not digital.

2k16 > 1.1M
live16 ~ 8.3K

Now to break this down.

Gamestop has 6,500 stores
Walmart has 5,000 stores

So even by eliminating every other store that sells video games on the planet. That is less than 1 copy per store. Pack that shit up and make a college game. 2K has the NBA covered.

CLW
10-20-2015, 08:56 AM
Hard to say since NPD does not allow for that information to be posted. Unless it is from the publisher of the game. Also as digital grows the NPD numbers get less accurate as they do not account for digital sales in their figure. Nintendo says Mario Maker sold 445K and was the title before the Taken King. So over 445K.

Now there is one person who gets the NPD data with the physical volume sold that posts some interesting things from time to time at Ngaf.

For this month. Again, physical sales to the customer, not digital.

Now to break this down.

Gamestop has 6,500 stores
Walmart has 5,000 stores

So even by eliminating every other store that sells video games on the planet. That is less than 1 copy per store. Pack that shit up and make a college game. 2K has the NBA covered.

Wow if live really only sold 8,300 copies of the game that is a HUGE loss of $ for EA and I cannot imagine the series surviving much longer.

Sad that Until Dawn didn't stay in the Top 10 b/c its a solid game (particularly if you like the Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls - "pick your story" genre).

SmoothPancakes
10-20-2015, 09:30 AM
I don't get the hate for NBA Live. Yeah, it was a rough couple years, but I'm really enjoying Live 16, especially now that they added sliders back in and I can fine tune the CPU. People need to just pull their heads out of the asses, stop the fanboy bullshit and just give shit a try. This whole fanboy shit, regardless of consoles or games, is fucking destroying gaming.

CLW
10-20-2015, 09:47 AM
I don't get the hate for NBA Live. Yeah, it was a rough couple years, but I'm really enjoying Live 16, especially now that they added sliders back in and I can fine tune the CPU. People need to just pull their heads out of the asses, stop the fanboy bullshit and just give shit a try. This whole fanboy shit, regardless of consoles or games, is fucking destroying gaming.

Do you honestly think its as good as or better than 2K?

bdoughty
10-20-2015, 09:50 AM

Could it be that some people only want (or afford) one basketball game? If you look at the soccer sales figures posted a few posts up, you will notice a similar trend.

SmoothPancakes
10-20-2015, 10:01 AM
Do you honestly think its as good as or better than 2K?
As a whole, maybe not. In some areas, yes. I have had stuff that I hate about 2K for years that they clearly couldn't care less about fixing. They'd rather piss away time and money on retarded shit like Spike Lee.

Before this month, I was going to get both NBA Live and 2K. That decision would have been even easier after getting Live for free through the giveaway on here. But now? I couldn't care less about getting 2K this year. I'm having a bunch of fun with Live. But, try getting the 2K fanboys with 2K's cock shoved all the way down their throats to give NBA Live a fair chance. Hell, even without playing it, all you have to do is look at the dumbfuck comments some of them make with literally ZERO hands on experience with Live.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/20/31d263b2e2c01cb96c2bc1b386588e54.jpg

Could it be that some people only want (or afford) one basketball game? If you look at the soccer sales figures posted a few posts up, you will notice a similar trend.

Oh, I'm sure that does affect things. But if you or anyone else try to claim that NBA Live got anything remotely to a fair shake compared to 2K both online and in stores, you're full of shit. When you can't even go into a GameStop without them constantly trying to pimp 2K on you and never even mention Live or try to dissuade you from Live, yeah, of course 2K will sell so much better.

Rudy
10-20-2015, 04:02 PM
OS had a poll asking what people thought of Live. Well over 1000 people gave it the worst score of bad. Clearly not that many people even bought the game. It was pure fan boy hate.

JBHuskers
10-20-2015, 05:20 PM
Yep. And it's sad. People will see that and ignore Live and get 2K who has game breaking server issues yet they always get a pass.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JBHuskers
10-20-2015, 05:21 PM
It doesn't help that there wasn't any marketing that I saw. This is the title to spend that money on.

souljahbill
10-20-2015, 05:23 PM
It doesn't help that there wasn't any marketing that I saw. This is the title to spend that money on.

Right. Instead of making a "Madden movie" for a game that sells with no marketing.

JBHuskers
10-20-2015, 05:26 PM
Right. Instead of making a "Madden movie" for a game that sells with no marketing.
Just ANYTHING. Commercials, print ads, where yourself out on SportsCenter incorporating the game. Let people know what they loved with Live 10 is back and is even better.

bdoughty
10-20-2015, 06:36 PM
Yes, a commercial with James Franco the Actor and James Franco the Experimental Artist playing against each other while driving in a Scion. Dave Franco and Rex Ryan are in the back seat discussing the game and rubbing each others feet.

and then all of a sudden...

http://i.imgur.com/aILFCl0.gif

bdoughty
10-20-2015, 06:51 PM
Someone mentioned this little tidbit in Pastapadre's article on the lacks of sales (http://www.pastapadre.com/2015/10/20/no-one-bought-nba-live-16). Sean O'Brien, the executive producer has been AWOL since late September.

https://twitter.com/seanobs/with_replies

Rudy
10-20-2015, 08:13 PM
Live can't compete with 2K at the same price point. I expect big discounts to help.

cdj
10-20-2015, 08:37 PM
Wow if live really only sold 8,300 copies of the game that is a HUGE loss of $ for EA and I cannot imagine the series surviving much longer.

I doubt it's a massive number, but I don't believe that includes digital copies and it also ignores money coming in from Ultimate Team. They may not be struggling as much as this 8,300 number would indicate.

Keep in mind, the game came out September 29....so the 8,300 is two days of sales, isn't it? Even as a fan, Live isn't a game where the masses buy it at midnight. It's one people steadily pick up throughout the season, taking advantage of disposable income, sales, etc.

Someone mentioned this little tidbit in Pastapadre's article on the lacks of sales (http://www.pastapadre.com/2015/10/20/no-one-bought-nba-live-16). Sean O'Brien, the executive producer has been AWOL since late September.

https://twitter.com/seanobs/with_replies

I noticed that as well, but maybe he is on vacation? This is about the only time of year that could happen for Live devs/execs. I know one of the top gameplay devs is/was on vacation this past week.

Last week on Twitter I saw a LIVE dev talking about creative meetings and planning for LIVE 17. I understand the poor numbers, but I don't think the franchise is ending this year.

The lack of sales have to be disappointing, but in some regards not having an NBA game would be worse for EA or at least their brand portfolio. No college football game, no NASCAR game, no MLB game...it might be worse to have no NBA game vs. a low-selling one.

steelerfan
10-20-2015, 08:53 PM
Yeah, PES has more to worry about than Live IMO.

PES released a week before FIFA and still got absolutely demolished.

cdj
10-20-2015, 09:04 PM
I don't know, but maybe PES is doing well based on sales internationally? Given the company's issues, perhaps they don't need a large market share to be successful. Though, I can't imagine licensing leagues is cheap.

Perhaps LIVE needs to focus on the international game and leagues more to help with sales. Though, on social media today every Tom, Dick, & Harry had their ideas that would make Live defeat 2K...if only EA would listen to them! I'll try to stay away from doing the same.

EA knows what to do and I think they have a good plan for Live...they just need more time to implement it all. Though, who knows if they will get the time. It sure doesn't seem like the basketball community at-large has the desire to support them in the process. 2K has a pretty good head start, namely due to self-inflicted EA wounds.

bdoughty
10-20-2015, 09:07 PM
I don't know, but maybe PES is doing well based on sales internationally? Given the company's issues, perhaps they don't need a large market share to be successful. Though, I can't imagine licensing leagues is cheap.

PES sells a ton in Japan (they are the only one with J_League) and Europe. FIFA still outsells it in Europe but they do enough to keep the franchise rolling on each year.

Rudy
10-21-2015, 04:43 AM
Honestly, so many people will have bought 2k16 that I'm serious when people will give live a good chance next year. Just have to keep improving. I gave 2k baseball a chance after years of the Show. Their last game was pretty good and had some nice advantages over the Show. They just had too many problems and an overall lack of Polish that really hurt. They also struggled to overcome previous based experiences with the game that kept people away.

CLW
10-21-2015, 06:57 AM
Yeah, PES has more to worry about than Live IMO.

PES released a week before FIFA and still got absolutely demolished.

PES was received critically better than FIFA:

PES 88 - http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/pro-evolution-soccer-2016

FIFA 82 - http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/fifa-16

Now 2K v. Live

2K 87 - http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/nba-2k16

Live 59 - http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/nba-live-16

Live is in much bigger trouble that PES.

steelerfan
10-21-2015, 07:15 AM
Metacritic scores don't put money in the coffers. Sales do.

Brent had a great point about the sales in Japan but those scores - meh.

CLW
10-21-2015, 08:43 AM
Metacritic scores don't put money in the coffers. Sales do.

Brent had a great point about the sales in Japan but those scores - meh.

IF you are at the bottom against a giant competitor (as both PES and Live are) you MUST win the media covering you over to get the public to give you a shot. PES has at least started to do that with many preferring it over its giant competitor FIFA. Live is NOWHERE close.

Moreover, PES is in a stronger position b/c #1 soccer is more popular world wide than NBA. #2 PES is its publisher's ONLY AAA game. Live is the WORST AAA title in a LONG line of AAA titles in EA's catalog.

JBHuskers
10-21-2015, 10:10 AM
Honestly it is a VERY VERY SMALL minority that really cares about let alone look at the meta.

Otherwise there would be 10's of thousands of user ratings on the site instead of dozens.

CLW
10-21-2015, 10:13 AM
Honestly it is a VERY VERY SMALL minority that really cares about let alone look at the meta.

Otherwise there would be 10's of thousands of user ratings on the site instead of dozens.

Yes the meta doesn't get allot of traffic but the meta takes reviews from lots of sites where presumably thousands of gamers view/read reviews. Safe to say PES got some + coverage this year from the gaming press. Live has had years now of negative coverage and the series' reputation has been damaged severely to the point that there may be no way to recover.

JBHuskers
10-21-2015, 10:15 AM
Yes the meta but the meta takes reviews from lots of sites where presumably thousands of gamers view/read reviews. Safe to say PES got some + coverage this year from the gaming press. Live has had years now of negative coverage and the series' reputation has been damaged severely to the point that there may be no way to recover.

Thousands of gamers is still a very small % of the consumer.

As for Live. I figured this would be the year to go all out on advertising because this is the best game since 10 and my favorite in the series. Maybe next year they do it.

CLW
10-21-2015, 10:43 AM
Thousands of gamers is still a very small % of the consumer.

As for Live. I figured this would be the year to go all out on advertising because this is the best game since 10 and my favorite in the series. Maybe next year they do it.

Yes but they are typically the early adopters (you know the people that actually know the release date) - the theory would be they read the reviews see PES is better than FIFA buy it instead and tell/show their friends this "cool" alternative.

It's a snowball effect you have to hope on if you are getting crushed with the same type of product.

If I were EA I'd seriously consider just cutting bait and dumping Live (and Golf) - these titles are not selling and are losing $. Time to save the costs of developing those titles and spend those resources on more lucrative titles.

steelerfan
10-21-2015, 02:29 PM
Didn't we see numbers recently that say Rory is selling?

JBHuskers
10-21-2015, 04:04 PM
Didn't we see numbers recently that say Rory is selling?

VGChartz has it at about 350k worldwide, 160k in NA.

Rudy
10-21-2015, 07:20 PM
59 is unfairly low for Live 16. I'm waiting for opening day rosters and hoping for some Pistons updates. No roster editing is simply stupid. I'll reserve my score until I get some franchise games in but the game is at least a 7.5 imo and I would push it to an 8 or so. Needs more advanced post game, most signature animations and team styles along with better paint defence as the mid range game is weak. But it has nice plays, shot meter, good controls, fast breaks and is simply fun. In a vacuum it would be reviewed much higher. The nba 2k giant certainly hurts.

JBHuskers
10-21-2015, 07:35 PM
59 is unfairly low for Live 16. I'm waiting for opening day rosters and hoping for some Pistons updates. No roster editing is simply stupid. I'll reserve my score until I get some franchise games in but the game is at least a 7.5 imo and I would push it to an 8 or so. Needs more advanced post game, most signature animations and team styles along with better paint defence as the mid range game is weak. But it has nice plays, shot meter, good controls, fast breaks and is simply fun. In a vacuum it would be reviewed much higher. The nba 2k giant certainly hurts.
I dunno if the daily player update system plays into not being able to edit rosters to where adding it would be a great undertaking. Just a guess.

bdoughty
10-21-2015, 08:00 PM

On the bright side it is one point ahead of Goat Simulator (http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/goat-simulator).

59 is low and 2K16's success does not help. Look at many of the review dates. Most are a week or more after the release. It was an afterthought for many. Some of that falls on EA for not creating enough hype around the game. A few of the reviews simply look like fillers, to add to the total games reviewed by site. Search internet to find issues with the game and post low score.

cdj
11-06-2015, 09:22 PM
The NBA Live 16 discussion from the September NPD thread has been moved here.

VGChartz has finally caught up with old sales data.

They are listing week one (Sept 27 - Oct 3) US sales as follows:

NBA 2K16 (XB1, PS4, PS3, 360) - 811,400
NBA Live 16 (XB1, PS4) - 10,643

Not earth-shattering, but better than what was initially reported. 2K likely hits the 1.1M number with worldwide sales. Not sure where Live's extra numbers come from. Digital? Worldwide? Longer reporting data timeframe than NPD?

jaymo76
11-06-2015, 09:41 PM
This game has to be done. I just don't see how EA will continue to make it with sales that low. NCAA basketball shattered that number and it was cancelled. Unless EA runs this game as a loss leader I just don't see another year. What are the production costs and licensing fees? EA must be losing buckets of money with this series. You guys have any inside scoop that says otherwise that the game will go on? It's sad because it has made great strides but it's just so far below 2k now that they will never be able to catch up.

Rudy
11-06-2015, 10:25 PM
It certainly is scary for the future. I hope they keep going as the basketball market does sell games. Just had another great game against the Knicks this morning. They shoot themselves in the foot with the lack of roster editing and options.

Still don't understand why EA doesn't try baseball where they have no competition on Xbone and people are a bit tired of a stale Show franchise that changes at the speed of a glacier.

CLW
11-07-2015, 07:19 AM
It certainly is scary for the future. I hope they keep going as the basketball market does sell games. Just had another great game against the Knicks this morning. They shoot themselves in the foot with the lack of roster editing and options.

Still don't understand why EA doesn't try baseball where they have no competition on Xbone and people are a bit tired of a stale Show franchise that changes at the speed of a glacier.

Maybe I'm missing something but what is wrong with The Show? Seems to me they have the BEST sports game product from any of the sports. Any attempt by EA to test The Show would likewise only end in embarrassing sales numbers. (by now any baseball fan has bought a PS4 since there are no baseball games on xb1)

cdj
11-07-2015, 07:52 AM
This game has to be done. I just don't see how EA will continue to make it with sales that low. NCAA basketball shattered that number and it was cancelled. Unless EA runs this game as a loss leader I just don't see another year. What are the production costs and licensing fees? EA must be losing buckets of money with this series. You guys have any inside scoop that says otherwise that the game will go on? It's sad because it has made great strides but it's just so far below 2k now that they will never be able to catch up.

There will be NBA Live 17. Devs have tweeted in the last few weeks they are already working on it. I've read in the past that EA has the NBA license through Live 17 and then will have to renew/renegotiate after that. I don't know if there is any truth to that, but I think it is safe to say 17 needs to be a big year.

I went back and used VGChartz' numbers for US week one sales for NBA Live 15 & 16.

NBA Live 15 listed as selling 9,782 in US week one.
NBA Live 16 (as mentioned above) listed as selling 10,643.

That indicates just under a 9% (math willing) increase in US sales. The overall number is still very low and should be higher, but it is better than being reported.

Supposedly the licensing costs to make an MLB game are very high. 2K Sports' Strauss Zelnick just went on comment as saying "the opportunities in baseball have diminished over time (http://fortune.com/2015/11/06/take-two-gaming-sports-nba/)." (He left out any discussion on MLB 2K, however.)

Rudy
11-07-2015, 08:20 AM
Maybe I'm missing something but what is wrong with The Show? Seems to me they have the BEST sports game product from any of the sports. Any attempt by EA to test The Show would likewise only end in embarrassing sales numbers. (by now any baseball fan has bought a PS4 since there are no baseball games on xb1)

The Show has failed to update their announcers and the game feels the same today as it did 10 years ago. It DOES get tremendous reviews but at the end of the day the sales really aren't that good. According to VGChartz the PS4 version hasn't even sold 500,000 copies and that series rarely hit 1 million sales. Contrast that with MVP baseball on the PS2 that sold over 1.5 million on that system alone and about 2.5 million total despite competition from other baseball games in a non-exclusive environment. NBA 2K has shown how to grow a market. MLB the Show, despite rave reviews, has shown has to grow stale and shrink imo. Madden's sales haven't shown any growth either and they should be embarrassed that the #1 sport in the US has fallen to NBA 2K in sales.

JBHuskers
11-09-2015, 10:46 AM
As for Live, it wasn't promoted again. Live 17 needs to be EVERYWHERE on television, online ads, ESPN Radio, EVERYWHERE for promotion. The game is above where Live 10 was, so there just needs to be that push to increase brand awareness.

Maybe start pre-orders for Live right when the playoffs start and include a free digital copy of Live 16 for pre-orders?

cdj
11-12-2015, 07:39 PM
Hopefully as part of the NPD numbers, we can get the latest numbers on Live 16.

In the meantime, VGChartz now has week two numbers.

Through two weeks (global; consoles combined):
NBA Live 15 - 17,892
NBA Live 16 - 16,329 (-8.7%)

Worth noting that the game is down about 31% on PS4, but up 55% on Xbox One. PS4 still top selling console version of choice, selling at 1.3:1 clip.

There's no way to know, but I wonder how much competing directly with NBA 2K versus being released a month later like last year hurts, as well as the lack of promotion and marketing.

For the game's sake, I hope it is included as part of some Black Friday deals. I have yet to see it listed anywhere.

cdj
11-19-2015, 10:32 PM
Through four weeks (global; consoles combined):
NBA Live 15 - 28,329
NBA Live 16 - 21,228 (-25%)

Through four weeks (US; consoles combined):
NBA Live 15 - 19,733
NBA Live 16 - 16,726 (-15%)

Last year, week five saw a big spike in sales for NBA Live 15, corresponding with Black Friday deals. Sales remained on the uptick through Christmas. With the difference in release dates between 15 & 16, the Black Friday/Holiday sales for 16 will not be available for another month (16 numbers through October). In that time, hopefully a significant patch, deals, and maybe even some promotion will help surpass 15's numbers.

Numbers courtesy VGChartz.

SmoothPancakes
11-19-2015, 10:43 PM
Hell, have they even bothered to promote it after release? I sure don't recall any promotions at all leading up to release.

JBHuskers
11-20-2015, 01:41 AM
Sad to see the drop when this game is on par or better than Live 10. I've probably played 100 combined games already with LUT, Live Run, Rising Star, and Summer Circuit.

Rudy
11-20-2015, 04:30 AM
This game is clearly better than Live 10. That game had no fast breaks and was too PG heavy. It also tried to make stars out of some post guys like Omar Asik. This game the touches are distributed pretty well. It's very enjoyable. I get annoyed at people saying it's full of bugs because it's not true after the patches.

A fair criticism is about lack of support, roster edits, lack of online fatigue, nba live rewind and so many of those things should be easy fixes and instead they shoot themselves in the foot. Sliders do help with things although a few more would be nice for defence or style of play. My biggest beef is the lack of roster editing right now. I haven't started a franchise yet.

I heard Live is not going to get a good Black Friday sale. That would be a mistake. Get this game into peoples hands and start supporting it!

cdj
11-20-2015, 06:21 AM
Hell, have they even bothered to promote it after release? I sure don't recall any promotions at all leading up to release.

There have been a lot of commercials on NBA TV, but in terms of a more mainstream campaign? No. Supposedly there was some tie-in with Live on ESPN's NBA coverage the other night, but I did not see it.

I heard Live is not going to get a good Black Friday sale. That would be a mistake. Get this game into peoples hands and start supporting it!

It's currently down to around $35 on Amazon, I believe. I'd like to see it get to $25-30 for Black Friday. That, a patch, and some communication from EA would do wonders IMO.

CLW
11-20-2015, 07:10 AM
There have been a lot of commercials on NBA TV, but in terms of a more mainstream campaign? No. Supposedly there was some tie-in with Live on ESPN's NBA coverage the other night, but I did not see it.

It's currently down to around $35 on Amazon, I believe. I'd like to see it get to $25-30 for Black Friday. That, a patch, and some communication from EA would do wonders IMO.

Nope. Other than the uninformed moms/dads out there everyone knows 2K is far superior to Live. It gets the best reviews and sells millions more copies than Live so you would have to live under a rock to not know you are better off purchasing 2K for your basketball gaming wants/needs.

EA has two options at this point: #1 Do something truly revolutionary and groundbreaking and hope it gets positive coverage leading to selling more copies #2 cancel the series or continue making the series knowing your losing your shareholders' money.

#2 is far more likely than #1 as I have seen nothing from any of EA's titles that leads me to believe they have the talent to do anything truly game changing in any sports title this generation.

bdoughty
11-20-2015, 09:07 AM
People forget how badly 2ksports shit all over their customers with NBA 2K14. Broken playoffs, images/content not loading, server issues, more server issues and a ton of other things I have forgotten. Topped off with some of the worst customer service in regards to the issues. It got to the point they had to start giving out VC because they had no fix for it. Go through the NBA 2K14 thread here, it is not long but I am pretty sure there are rants about this, including ones I wrote.

Yet with all that said, look at the numbers. As bad as NBA 2K14 was, EA screwed up 100 times worse with the way they handled the series and in a small part the way they ignored fixing NCAA Basketball 10. Most people talk about how things were getting better with Live 10, so what does EA do? Try to turn it into some sort of bastard child with the NHL game controls. It only went downhill from there by going into hiding for a few years. Throw in the first two NBA Live games for this gen not being anything special, what does anyone expect?

They can advertise the crap out of the game and it will still never come close to selling what it once did. 2K will always get a pass for producing an NBA basketball game every year, while EA Sports had it's head so far up it's ass it had employees that actually thought NBA Elite 11 was a good idea.

SmoothPancakes
11-20-2015, 09:19 AM
Nope. Other than the uninformed moms/dads out there everyone knows 2K is far superior to Live. It gets the best reviews and sells millions more copies than Live so you would have to live under a rock to not know you are better off purchasing 2K for your basketball gaming wants/needs.

:D :D :D

cdj
11-24-2015, 09:39 PM
Through six weeks (global; consoles combined):
NBA Live 15 - 69,051
NBA Live 16 - 27,718

Through six weeks (US; consoles combined):
NBA Live 15 - 46,425
NBA Live 16 - 21,915

The numbers are getting off here due to the different release dates. By week six, Live 15 was in the swing of holiday purchases - through Black Friday, Cyber Monday and into the first week of December. Week six of Live 16 puts it through just the first week of November. However, the Live 16 numbers have increased each of the last two to three weeks, depending on location and console.
Now that the (first) big update is out and seems positively received, hopefully they will start to market the game more and maybe even get another big update out in a month or so.

bdoughty
11-25-2015, 03:14 AM
Let's put that in perspective to what sales were like before they tried to destroy the Live legacy. Using the same vgcharts numbers. Totals were from combined PS3 and 360 sales figures.
* NCAA Basketball 10 did have the advantage of being released a month later for more holiday purchases in that time frame but still...

Through six weeks (global; consoles combined):
NCAA Basketball 10 (cancelled) - 275,000
NBA Live 10 - 200,000
NBA Live 15 - 69,051
NBA Live 16 - 27,718

JBHuskers
11-25-2015, 08:36 AM
More people just need to know about it. It's a great game.

bdoughty
11-25-2015, 08:58 AM
More people just need to know about it. It's a great game.

There. I have done my part. (https://www.change.org/p/people-who-have-not-purchased-nba-live-2016-please-buy-nba-live-16)

JBHuskers
11-25-2015, 09:20 AM
There. I have done my part. (https://www.change.org/p/people-who-have-not-purchased-nba-live-2016-please-buy-nba-live-16)

:fp: :D

cdj
12-03-2015, 10:01 PM
The first comment on NBA Live 16 from EA that I have read or come across:

The NBA realm of gaming has pretty much been dominated by 2K Sports' title, NBA 2K, over the past handful of years, but EA has been trying hard to compete. Despite their efforts, Moore said their version of the sports experience has yet to perform as they had hoped.

"Our NBA title has bluntly underperformed versus the other [EA Sports] franchises. It's a very strategic part of the overall portfolio that encompasses what we believe EA Sports should be on a global basis and [NBA LIVE] is clearly not hitting $100 million. We got a very competitive title in what 2K does with [NBA 2K], but we're very committed to the NBA...If there's one silver-lining it's that [the NBA] has grown the basketball business enormously," Moore said.

Courtesy: Examiner.com (http://www.examiner.com/article/ea-reveals-titanfall-2-launch-window-talks-new-battlefield-nba-underperforming)

JBHuskers
12-04-2015, 01:52 PM
It would help if they actually promoted it so people knew it was out there. I bet you the general and casual gamer doesn't know it is out there and are just conditioned to get 2K.

Rudy
12-04-2015, 03:55 PM
It doesn't help when the average Gamestop employee will push 2k over it all day despite the fact most of them never even play sports games. Plus the guys on OS had over 1300 voted that the game sucked even though most had never played the retail version. There is a huge stigma against it that EA needs to fix.

cdj
12-08-2015, 11:44 AM
Through eight weeks (global; consoles combined):
NBA Live 15 - 132,561
NBA Live 16 - 42,558

Through eight weeks (US; consoles combined):
NBA Live 15 - 91,447
NBA Live 16 - 31,263

- The three best weeks for Live 15 were the weeks preceding Christmas.
- Live 16 numbers are through the week of November 21, pre-Black Friday, I believe.
- Weeks seven and eight were the 2nd & 3rd best for Live 16; the best since launch.

Rudy
12-08-2015, 04:35 PM
It's tough to see nba 2k16 outselling it by 100:1. And Live is a very solid game. I actually prefer the gameplay.

JBHuskers
12-10-2015, 12:26 PM
It's tough to see nba 2k16 outselling it by 100:1. And Live is a very solid game. I actually prefer the gameplay.

I hope there is a true balls out push for 17.

Rudy
12-10-2015, 02:16 PM
Do you guys ever use the step back jumpers? The defence is always all over me. It never creates space.

cdj
02-25-2016, 02:58 PM
I wish I had kept up with the weekly numbers, but checking in now the game has sold 208,647 copies combined on PS4/XB1 according to VGChartz. I do not know what date that is through, however.

thatBuckeye
02-27-2016, 07:19 PM
Plus my $100-150 I have spent on Ultimate Team ...smh...

insert generic sig