PDA

View Full Version : Pistol Offense Help

Kingpin32
09-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Hey everyone I need a bit of help from the community. My cousin is about to become a head coach for his old high school and he was wanting to run a pistol offense with some spread mixed in. I know a lot of you guys here have a lot of resources and I was wondering what are some of the places to find some in depth info on the pistol offense. Videos, diagrams anything would be of help.

JeffHCross
09-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Looks like some good stuff here: http://www.google.com/search?q=Pistol+Offense+-UCLA

xGRIDIRONxGURUx
09-13-2010, 11:07 PM
well by "spread" you mean 3/4 WR sets? b/c the pistol can be spread... so once he figures out what offense he wants to run... CHOOSE A STYLE... then put your QB in pistol alignment...

PISTOL IS NOT AN OFFENSE... its just an enhancer to any system... you can run flex triple... RnS... air raid... you name it... PISTOL IS JUST AN ALIGNMENT... so i urge him to study the style of offense he feels comfortable coaching... and then just align the QB to his liking...

"E"

Kingpin32
09-14-2010, 12:19 AM
Thanks for that E. I don't think he knows exactly what he wants to do yet, but he wants to implement the Pistol alignment. I'll talk him a lot more to get some more info out of him.