PDA

View Full Version : NBA Live 16 Launch Update

cdj
09-23-2015, 05:45 PM
NBA Live Executive Producer Sean O'Brien has penned a letter to the community as NBA Live 16 is now on EA Access and we near the retail release on September 29.

NBA LIVE 16 Launch Update (https://www.easports.com/nba-live/news/2015/launch-update?utm_campaign=nba16-social-global-ic-fb-open-letter-09-23-2015-fb-img-site-lnch&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&sourceid=nba16-social-global-ic-fb-open-letter-09-23-2015-fb-img-site-lnch&cid=44576&ts=1443044109180&sf41141636=1)

Hey, everybody! I wanted to take this opportunity to thank the hundreds of thousands of people who have already downloaded both the NBA LIVE companion app with GameFaceHD as well as the demo. It’s been pretty cool to see the demo numbers constantly climbing over the last week, and even cooler to see how many players have scanned their heads using the app, creating themselves in the demo. You’ve played millions of games already. I’ve been playing with and against a lot of you in LIVE Pro-Am and I’m having a blast.

We released a very robust demo to give you the opportunity to play NBA LIVE 16 for free. We feel this is the right thing to do for you, our players. It’s a great way for you to experience first-hand how far the game has come in 11 months and how much fun it is to play both offline and connected with your friends in LIVE Pro-Am.

As with anytime you release demo software before it’s final, there’s a chance some funky things might happen – 2D avatars and backwards jump shots, for examples.

But, these issues – along with others – are scheduled to be updated prior to the official launch on the 29th.

So, keep playing the demo and keep giving us feedback on what you like and what you don’t. We’re listening. Think of how far the game has come in two years. That’s thanks to your feedback and the hard-working team here at EA Tiburon in Orlando. We’re committed to doing everything that we can to make the best basketball game in the world. And it’s a game that we’re building together.

Look for the full game on September 29 and on September 24 if you’re an EA Access subscriber.

And keep in mind that you can continue to play the demo for free, including LIVE Pro-Am, even past launch. You can use your 80-capped created player to compete with everyone, including those who have purchased the game. That’s our way of saying thank you for playing and helping us work towards making the best online multi-player basketball gaming experience.

Look forward to seeing you all on the LIVE Pro-Am court!

Thanks
Sean O’Brien
Executive Producer – NBA LIVE

Check out the NBA LIVE 16 Title Update notes below (https://www.easports.com/nba-live/news/2015/title-update-1):

What’s good NBA LIVE fans? Today, we released an update that addresses more than 200 issues. These improvements are part of our commitment to delivering great gameplay and an amazing place to play basketball online with your friends.

In addition to today’s update, between now and the official launch on 9/29, we will also be releasing a content update that will address some of the things seen in the free demo.

Some specific examples of what’s in today’s update include –

PRO AM

General stability improvements to correct desync.
Hoop Dome objective unlock update.
Fixed issue where users aren’t given certain achievements in Summer Circuit.
Addressed Matchmaking issue where users were unable to find opponent in H2H.
Addressed general functionality issues.
View Skills adjustment in LIVE Run to match actual Skill Levels.
Addressed issue where player avatars are not showing up in the lobbies when users join a Pro-AM lobby.

PLAY NOW

Addressed softlock when trying to play Tip Off after accessing Playbooks.

GAMEPLAY

Modify stepback gather inputs to avoid conflict with spin gather.
Enabled pump fakes on inside shots.
Fix for AI not completing up and under sequence.
General emotion tuning for more variety.
Handoff indicator tuning.
Animation adjustments to backdown and denial catches.
Corrected incorrect defensive indicator colors to display during gameplay.

Rudy
09-23-2015, 06:54 PM
My wifes ipad and my android tablets can't use their app. How upgraded does the software have to be? It's an ipad 4 and the tablets are running behind on 4.2.

JBHuskers
09-24-2015, 01:01 PM
My wifes ipad and my android tablets can't use their app. How upgraded does the software have to be? It's an ipad 4 and the tablets are running behind on 4.2.

Apple is your first problem. ;)

Rudy
09-24-2015, 02:57 PM
The app is out on ios and Android and I can't use either one.

cdj
09-24-2015, 03:24 PM
They are supposed to be (or are) increasing compatibility for Android devices.

It has to be a relatively new device, Rudy.

Rudy
09-24-2015, 06:02 PM
I figured it had to be new although this tablet is less than 2 years old.

cdj
09-24-2015, 06:24 PM
I have a iPad mini and it will not work on that either. The app works really well, provided you have a new enough phone but the limited devices it can be used on makes it frustrating. I had to go to JBs and use his phone to get my face in the game.