PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2K16 Presents: Play Now Online

cdj
09-23-2015, 10:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6xuTzPAfd0

Head to Head online games now matter. Wins and losses count toward reaching goals and new league seeds. Rising through the ranks won't be easy. But can you be the greatest of all-time?

cdj
09-25-2015, 01:23 PM
So in this clip you can briefly see the option to 'Buy Wins.'

That feature is now confirmed:

steelerfan
09-25-2015, 01:26 PM
:fp:

skipwondah33
09-25-2015, 01:32 PM
So this is what CoreySA was talking about on Twitter

He was right EA would have been beaten down the road with something like this :D

SmoothPancakes
09-25-2015, 01:40 PM
Buy wins? Are you fucking serious?

cdj
09-25-2015, 01:44 PM
I think the 'capper' is how the video stresses this mode will show and prove who is the best. :glare: I suppose if someone pays to get into a higher tier they will just end up as roadkill, but it definitely doesn't show or prove who is the best when you could beef up your record on the paying scrubs. The whole thing could get thrown out of whack, if I understand the system correctly.

Two wins equates to $5, I've read.

SmoothPancakes
09-25-2015, 02:43 PM
People are truly sad and desperate if they want 100% absolutely meaningless online wins that badly and can't earn them themselves and instead turning to buying wins.

What's next, spending $5 for a +2 K/D boost in Call of Duty? :fp:

steelerfan
09-25-2015, 02:51 PM
People are truly sad and desperate if they want 100% absolutely meaningless online wins that badly and can't earn them themselves and instead turning to buying wins.

What's next, spending $5 for a +2 K/D boost in Call of Duty? :fp:
We need to come out with a game that has no game included. All you do is spend money to buy trophies and wins to move up the leaderboards.

Cash. Fucking. Cow.

SmoothPancakes
09-25-2015, 02:54 PM
We need to come out with a game that has no game included. All you do is spend money to buy trophies and wins to move up the leaderboards.

Cash. Fucking. Cow.
Sadly, I think you're 100% correct. Some people on Pasta's twitter feed actually seemed to semi-like the idea. Of course, it's 2K. They could make you have to pay $5 just to start up the game and people would think it's brilliant. But EA try something like that, watch the pitchforks and torches come out!

Escobar
09-28-2015, 01:41 AM
I wish 2K would make it like Live 16 where you have to earn everything. I remember when people were outraged at 2K for charging for VC in the one that Jay-Z "executive produced". Then next year since the new consoles came out, it's like everyone is ok with paying for VC??? :smh:

cdj
09-28-2015, 08:17 AM
Esco - I am even seeing people on social media today talking about how they had so much fun playing MyPark last night that they are now going to spend money to help boost up their player. :smh:

That's probably what irks me the most...NBA 2K and some (not all) of its passionate fans are braggadocious in how 'sim' and 'real' the game is, but then they don't mind - and in the case of some, lovingly embrace - the VC model to build up players, now buying wins, etc. :smh:

bdoughty
09-28-2015, 08:35 AM
It would not bother me a bit if they took all the VC cash they rake in and put it towards a college basketball game. Instead, they shell it out to Spike Lee.

SmoothPancakes
09-28-2015, 12:14 PM
And let's be honest, a lot of those same people are of the 2K is our Savior/EA is the devil thought of mind. If EA was the one doing all this VC stuff (and now the still entirely stupid "pay for online wins), they would be absolutely roasting EA alive. But since it's 2K, other than that first year outrage, they are perfectly fine with it! :fp:

ram29jackson
09-29-2015, 10:18 AM
Hilarious.

Ps- it's national coffee day

Escobar
09-29-2015, 11:52 PM
Thought there was a post on her about people already being Legends in MyPark and buying VC. When I logged on 2K last night I found out that if you pick the same MyPark you were in before you keep most of your rep from 2K15. My guy started out as a Pro 1. Think I was Pro 2 or 3 in 2K15 (after switching parks twice to play with some friends smh)