PDA

View Full Version : FIFA 16 Impressions and Discussion

steelerfan
09-21-2015, 03:04 PM
FIFA 16 releases in less than 8 hours. Feel free to discuss the game, ask questions and give impressions.

Christmas in September is here!

SmoothPancakes
09-21-2015, 03:13 PM
Low on cash until payday on Friday. Debating biting the bullet, buying the game today and just getting by on what little extra money I'd have left until payday at the end of the week, or wait until the weekend to buy the game. This game is that damn good. :D

bdoughty
09-21-2015, 07:10 PM
I was going to go with PES but changed back to the safe choice. Plan on getting it next month, as with Smooth I am low on funds.

SmoothPancakes
09-21-2015, 07:15 PM
I was going to go with PES but changed back to the safe choice. Plan on getting it next month, as with Smooth I am low on funds.
Yeah, PES has intrigued me, but for $60, I'm just not willing to take the risk.

And, as much as I would love to jump on FIFA tomorrow, I think I'm gonna have to wait until the weekend. The money may end up just too tight to make it to Friday. I'll just wait it out. I've got the Rainbow Six Siege technical test to play on my One for the next couple days.

jaymo76
09-21-2015, 09:19 PM

Honestly want to buy... but like you guys, low and funds AND the wife will be slightly annoyed as I have spend more on video games this year than any other year of my life. This no NCAA stuff has forced me to broaden my gaming horizons.

bdoughty
09-21-2015, 09:31 PM
Honestly want to buy... but like you guys, low and funds AND the wife will be slightly annoyed as I have spend more on video games this year than any other year of my life. This no NCAA stuff has forced me to broaden my gaming horizons.

Join me in Minecraft, you can help me build a replica of Canada. Almost 90% done.

http://i.imgur.com/j4LKfPn.jpg

SmoothPancakes
09-21-2015, 10:01 PM
:D

steelerfan
09-21-2015, 10:14 PM
Well, I'm starting to feel bad for having the ability to buy this game. You guys have made me depressed. I'll be over it in 45 minutes though.

As for PES, I just couldn't get comfortable with that game because of the lack of leagues (only 2 levels in England) and I'm also not comfortable with all of the editing that would be needed and if it's even possible (or possible for someone like me). I will consider PES at a reduced price but I'm not paying full price with all of the risk factors.

jaymo76
09-21-2015, 10:58 PM
Well, I'm starting to feel bad for having the ability to buy this game. You guys have made me depressed. I'll be over it in 45 minutes though.

As for PES, I just couldn't get comfortable with that game because of the lack of leagues (only 2 levels in England) and I'm also not comfortable with all of the editing that would be needed and if it's even possible (or possible for someone like me). I will consider PES at a reduced price but I'm not paying full price with all of the risk factors.

Waiting patiently for your impression Steeler. Merry Christmas! :D

jaymo76
09-21-2015, 11:00 PM
Join me in Minecraft, you can help me build a replica of Canada. Almost 90% done.

http://i.imgur.com/j4LKfPn.jpg

Can't we all just get along? PS... Ice hockey...best Nintendo Game on the market!

http://img00.deviantart.net/ed6d/i/2013/061/5/8/_minecraft__north_america_pixel_art_by_officialyaz urpage-d5wn6w7.png

steelerfan
09-21-2015, 11:17 PM
Thanks, jaymo.

Fyi, on start up I had something like 5500 coins and was able to buy all of the English historic kits including the Championship and and League 1. I also got the international ones and a Real Madrid one.

steelerfan
09-22-2015, 12:38 AM
Got my first match in. I'm using mostly Manual controls, OS's community sliders and I'm playing on Professional with 15-minute halves.

Chelsea 3:0 AFC Bournemouth

Shots 17/11
On Target 9/8
Possession 55/45
Tackles 12/11
Yellow 0/0
Red 0/0
Injuries 0/0
Offsides 2/0
Corners 8/4

Shot Accuracy 52/72
Pass Accuracy 82/87

It's just one game so I'm not going to run wild with impressions but the game is alot of fun and it feels more like football than what I've seen in the past.

The CPU is very good, even on Pro. I know the scoreline doesn't look it but I had to earn that won over a vastly inferior side.

I'm glad the stoppage time bug is fixed. I had 3 minutes in the first half and 4 in the second. On FIFA 15 I had 5 minutes 99% of the time, with the occasional 4 minutes.

I'm not sure if I'll need to overhaul Pro or dumb down World Class to get the game exactly the way I want it yet.

jaymo76
09-22-2015, 01:58 AM
No cards heh? I saw almost none in the matches I played.

steelerfan
09-22-2015, 02:12 AM
No cards heh? I saw almost none in the matches I played.
Not in the first match. But 3 in the second one. I played in foggy conditions at The KC as Hull against QPR.

Hull City 0:1 QPR

Shots 11/8
On Target 4/4
Possession 52/48
Tackles 7/19
Fouls 6/7
Yellow 2/1
Red 0/0
Injuries 0/0
Offsides 3/1
Corners 4/4

Shot Accuracy 36/50
Pass Accuracy 79/82

Charlie Austin scored the only goal of the match with a 19-yard strike into the left side in the 57th minute. Lots of fun, a real grind. The fog looks great. The only adjustments I made from the first match were upping Pass and Shot Error. Looks like I may need more CPU Shot Error but I'll stand pat for a few games.

steelerfan
09-22-2015, 03:27 AM
My third match was in Football League 2 at Fratton Park between Portsmouth and Cambridge United. I was Cambridge.

Portsmouth 0:1 Cambridge United

Shots 17/13
On Target 6/4
Possession 47/53
Tackles 14/13
Fouls 6/8
Yellow 1/2
Red 0/0
Injuries 0/0
Offsides 0/1
Corners 2/4

Shot Accuracy 35/30
Pass Accuracy 81/71

The line goal came in stoppage time as I snatched a late result with a partially deflected Robbie Simpson header that trickled over the line. 14 fouls and 3 bookings.

steelerfan
09-22-2015, 07:49 AM
Got another match in as Spots at Liberty Stadium. Same sliders as the previous 2 matches.

Swansea 1:0 Tottenham

Shots 5/14
On Target 2/5
Possession 49/51
Tackles 23/14
Fouls 5/3
Yellow 0/0
Red 0/0
Injuries 0/0
Offsides 0/3
Corners 0/4

Shot Accuracy 40/35
Pass Accuracy 87/83

Gylfi Sigurdsson scored the match winner from the top of the area in the 78th.

Deuce
09-22-2015, 08:16 AM
Hey Steeler, quick question. Last year I think you used coop camera. Is that correct? What zoom did you use? I love that view but can't remember.

I'm going to start off with 10 minute halves and no slider adjustments...yet. I used your slider set from last year so I'll probably wait until you post a set. Have fun man. I downloaded it last night but I'm working until 5.

steelerfan
09-22-2015, 08:43 AM
Played at the Emirates as Arsenal against Everton.

Arsenal 2:0 Everton

Shots 12/12
On Target 5/5
Possession 49/51
Tackles 9/16
Fouls 2/4
Yellow 0/1
Red 0/0
Injuries 2/1
Offsides 0/0
Corners 5/1

Shot Accuracy 41/41
Pass Accuracy 74/83

I got a goal in the 2nd minute from Theo Walcott and another in the 77th from Santi Cazorla.

skipwondah33
09-22-2015, 10:26 AM
All my Madden friends who have played this past several versions tell me how enjoyable this game is. In fact I actually played it a few times a few versions ago (can't recall which one) and had a blast playing it despite not being into soccer atleast watching it anyway. Played the hell out of Goal back in the day.

Mark this up as another game I'd like to get but video game budget doesn't allow for it lol

steelerfan
09-22-2015, 10:35 AM
Hey Steeler, quick question. Last year I think you used coop camera. Is that correct? What zoom did you use? I love that view but can't remember.

I'm going to start off with 10 minute halves and no slider adjustments...yet. I used your slider set from last year so I'll probably wait until you post a set. Have fun man. I downloaded it last night but I'm working until 5.
I don't remember the zoom but it should carry over for you from 15. It is co-op cam that I used last year and I noticed that the camera settings carried over from 15 when I first fired up 16.

steelerfan
09-22-2015, 10:36 AM
All my Madden friends who have played this past several versions tell me how enjoyable this game is. In fact I actually played it a few times a few versions ago (can't recall which one) and had a blast playing it despite not being into soccer atleast watching it anyway. Played the hell out of Goal back in the day.

Mark this up as another game I'd like to get but video game budget doesn't allow for it lol
If you find the extra cash, buy it. Great game!

Deuce
09-22-2015, 11:07 AM
:up: nice!

steelerfan
09-22-2015, 12:16 PM
:up: nice!
Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll post my settings. Enjoy the game!

steelerfan
09-22-2015, 04:41 PM
I'm not sure what's wrong with me but I'm coming down with something. Weak, achy, headache, tired and I feel like I'm going to vomit. It has progressively gotten worse over the last 24 hours so I may end up out of it for a few days but I hope not.

This would have to happen today. :(

souljahbill
09-22-2015, 04:43 PM
FIFA Fever

Feel better soon.

SmoothPancakes
09-22-2015, 04:46 PM

I'm not sure what's wrong with me but I'm coming down with something. Weak, achy, headache, tired and I feel like I'm going to vomit. It has progressively gotten worse over the last 24 hours so I may end up out of it for a few days but I hope not.

This would have to happen today. :(

Now that's some fast working karma! :D

All seriousness, feel better soon man. I may not be able to play FIFA until this weekend, but I damn sure can read about it!

jaymo76
09-22-2015, 05:14 PM
Steeler... 2 tylenol 2 beer and 20 minutes of sleep and then you're good to go! Seriously though, get better soon dude!

Deuce
09-22-2015, 05:27 PM
That sucks man! Get better soon.

steelerfan
09-23-2015, 08:20 AM
Thanks, guys. I'm not 100% but I'm feeling better today. I was able to get a game in this morning. I made slider changes that are nearly identical to the ones that were made at OS yesterday. I'm beginning to think that I'm going to have to jump to World Class to get a real challenge from the CPU. The computer is challenging on Professional but I'm not sure it has enough offense and World Class may be what's needed to get it there.

Anyway, I played West Ham as Manchester United.

West Ham 0:2 Manchester United

Shots 7/12
On Target 3/5
Possession 54/46
Tackles 12/14
Fouls 6/5
Yellow 2/2
Red 0/0
Injuries 1/0
Offsides 0/4
Corners 5/3

Shot Accuracy 42/41
Pass Accuracy 81/70

Goals were scored by Daley Blind (36') and Anthony Martial (55').

CLW
09-23-2015, 09:37 AM
Steeler interested on your thoughts of FIFA v. PES. I'm seeing several reviewers say that PES has passed FIFA by this year.

steelerfan
09-23-2015, 10:41 AM
Steeler interested on your thoughts of FIFA v. PES. I'm seeing several reviewers say that PES has passed FIFA by this year.
I've never played a retail copy of PES so it's tough for me to comment. I'm surprised to hear that though because I'm seeing gamers say the exact opposite.

It's tough for me to commit to PES because of licensing and all of the necessary editing (which I'm not sure I can do). I may try it when the price drops.

I do know, though, that cheesers and speed burst spammers are pissed about the realistic balance of FIFA's pace this year. :D

CLW
09-23-2015, 10:58 AM
I've never played a retail copy of PES so it's tough for me to comment. I'm surprised to hear that though because I'm seeing gamers say the exact opposite.

It's tough for me to commit to PES because of licensing and all of the necessary editing (which I'm not sure I can do). I may try it when the price drops.

I do know, though, that cheesers and speed burst spammers are pissed about the realistic balance of FIFA's pace this year. :D

Back when PES was good (early 00s) it was WAY better/more sim than the almost arcade like FIFA. Having played soccer from Kindergarten through High School I've just never been a fan of how FIFA felt and played (particularly the lack of anything resembling intelligence team defending).

I haven't played either this year but they are on my rental queue.

steelerfan
09-23-2015, 11:43 AM
Back when PES was good (early 00s) it was WAY better/more sim than the almost arcade like FIFA. Having played soccer from Kindergarten through High School I've just never been a fan of how FIFA felt and played (particularly the lack of anything resembling intelligence team defending).

I haven't played either this year but they are on my rental queue.
You should definitely play them both and decide for yourself. I know FIFA has come a long way in many areas this year.

steelerfan
09-23-2015, 11:49 AM
Just got another game in, this time on World Class. The game flowed much better and was much more enjoyable than any of the matches I played on Professional. I was West Brom and played against Crystal Palace.

West Brom 1:1 Crystal Palace

Shots 8/15
On Target 5/7
Possession 47/53
Tackles 9/15
Fouls 3/5
Yellow 0/1
Red 0/0
Injuries 0/0
Offsides 1/0
Corners 5/4

Shot Accuracy 62/46
Pass Accuracy 83/89

Goals came from James Morrison (54') and Joe Ledley (90').

steelerfan
09-23-2015, 02:21 PM
Just played with Watford at Carrow Road and lost to the Canaries, 2-0.

Norwich City 2:0 Watford

Shots 18/9
On Target 8/5
Possession 54/46
Tackles 18/11
Fouls 1/4
Yellow 1/1
Red 0/0
Injuries 0/1
Offsides 1/0
Corners 1/4

Shot Accuracy 44/55
Pass Accuracy 90/82

Alexander Tettey opened the scoring in the 22nd minute and Wes Hoolahan came off the bench to convert from the penalty spot in the 67th.

steelerfan
09-23-2015, 10:14 PM
Take a look at this thread. It may answer your question. Proper English and spelling aside, I think the majority in this thread (on the very topic you asked about) feel that the reviewers that are down on FIFA are not sim players.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=856329
Fifa 16: An Indictment against Reviewer Competency

steelerfan
09-24-2015, 10:33 AM
I absolutely love the new Player Development Training in Career Mode. Combined with 2-year loans, I can see opportunities for small clubs to take young players on loan, set a future buy fee and train the hell out of the kid for 2 years then buy him at a reasonable price.

The Training itself is fun and doesn't seem overpowered at all. Love it!

jaymo76
09-24-2015, 06:22 PM
I absolutely love the new Player Development Training in Career Mode. Combined with 2-year loans, I can see opportunities for small clubs to take young players on loan, set a future buy fee and train the hell out of the kid for 2 years then buy him at a reasonable price.

The Training itself is fun and doesn't seem overpowered at all. Love it!

I didn't play any training sessions as I didn't have the hours. I just used cpu simulated training.

bdoughty
09-25-2015, 04:44 AM
Well I guess it is ramen noodles and water for me next week. I could not hold out any longer. Will have FIFA 16 Monday from Amazon. Nothing really interests me until Fallout hits in November. Going to spend the next couple months playing this, Golf Club and Madden non-stop.

Steeler, once I get some practice in and career started, would you be interested in some Chelsea vs Man City online matchups? Never played FIFA online but would be willing to try.

steelerfan
09-25-2015, 10:57 AM
Well I guess it is ramen noodles and water for me next week. I could not hold out any longer. Will have FIFA 16 Monday from Amazon. Nothing really interests me until Fallout hits in November. Going to spend the next couple months playing this, Golf Club and Madden non-stop.

Steeler, once I get some practice in and career started, would you be interested in some Chelsea vs Man City online matchups? Never played FIFA online but would be willing to try.
If you have a slice of cheese, tear it to bits and put it in the Ramen before you nuke it.

Yes, I'll play a little online. I'm not much for that sort of thing either but ok.

bdoughty
09-29-2015, 06:28 AM
Finally got the game late last night. It was delivered to my neighbors by mistake, who happen to be out of town yet it showed to be delivered.

Went straight to the Women's International Tourney. Picked US and played a match. Draw with Canada 1-1. Need some practice on defense and a better strategy on switching players. Canada took 17 shots to my 9. They had 10 more tackles and the only saving grace was possession was slightly higher for me and we were even on pass completion. Both goals were headers on corner kicks but I had 3 of my shots hit the post. Going to take some time to back into the swing of things but once I finish the tourney, I will start the career mode.

bdoughty
09-30-2015, 05:49 AM
Any idea how to change the little red logo above the player you are controlling on defense to something more noticeable? I have been through the menus and found nothing that would be helpful on defense. Guess I could turn on the Trainer in a worst case scenario.

steelerfan
09-30-2015, 02:16 PM
Any idea how to change the little red logo above the player you are controlling on defense to something more noticeable? I have been through the menus and found nothing that would be helpful on defense. Guess I could turn on the Trainer in a worst case scenario.
There's no option to do that but it would be a good idea. It's easy to get lost on occasion.

SmoothPancakes
09-30-2015, 02:35 PM
Alright, I went ahead and bought this last night. I went with Xbox One for now simply because that's the controller I'm most used to when it comes to FIFA. Maybe if more of us pick up the game and there's future interest in reviving the TGT FC, I'll pick up a used PS4 copy down the road.

I'm hoping to do some streaming once I get settled into 16. I'm still actually playing 14 right now, despite having 16 installed overnight. I'm the middle of April of a season at Leicester City and want to finish out the season before abandoning my manager career in 14. Since I have to work late tonight and be up very early tomorrow, I probably won't get a chance to do much but finish 14 today. 16 will have to wait until tomorrow sometime.

Still not sure where I'll start. Whether I'll go my usual of starting in MLS with the Colorado Rapids and then try to jump to Europe after a season or two, or just start in one of the lower level English leagues, not sure yet.

steelerfan
09-30-2015, 02:50 PM
Alright, I went ahead and bought this last night. I went with Xbox One for now simply because that's the controller I'm most used to when it comes to FIFA. Maybe if more of us pick up the game and there's future interest in reviving the TGT FC, I'll pick up a used PS4 copy down the road.

I'm hoping to do some streaming once I get settled into 16. I'm still actually playing 14 right now, despite having 16 installed overnight. I'm the middle of April of a season at Leicester City and want to finish out the season before abandoning my manager career in 14. Since I have to work late tonight and be up very early tomorrow, I probably won't get a chance to do much but finish 14 today. 16 will have to wait until tomorrow sometime.

Still not sure where I'll start. Whether I'll go my usual of starting in MLS with the Colorado Rapids and then try to jump to Europe after a season or two, or just start in one of the lower level English leagues, not sure yet.
Have fun, man! Look forward to see what you're doing.

bdoughty
10-01-2015, 07:46 AM
Yeah, going to have to live with the Trainer on to see who I am defending with. It's not that bad and bumping up the trainer to higher levels, reminds me of all the things I should be doing but completely forget. Like sending players on runs, etc.

Steeler, I gifted you a soccer ball for the gifting trophy. Have no idea why as I really do not give two shits about trophies. Plus I have to go in and delete the images, so it is more work than anything.

SmoothPancakes
10-01-2015, 09:13 AM
I'm anxiously looking forward to digging into this today. Wrapped up my last season at Leicester City last night on FIFA 14 with a 13th place finish in the Premiere League.

I'm still debating between starting a manager career at a low or bottom level English team or in the MLS and then eventually make the jump to England or Europe.

steelerfan
10-01-2015, 03:56 PM
Yeah, going to have to live with the Trainer on to see who I am defending with. It's not that bad and bumping up the trainer to higher levels, reminds me of all the things I should be doing but completely forget. Like sending players on runs, etc.

Steeler, I gifted you a soccer ball for the gifting trophy. Have no idea why as I really do not give two shits about trophies. Plus I have to go in and delete the images, so it is more work than anything.
I saw that this morning and was like, "wtf?". :D I had no idea there was a trophy involved.

I will reciprocate. :up:

jaymo76
10-01-2015, 07:59 PM
I saw that this morning and was like, "wtf?". :D I had no idea there was a trophy involved.

I will reciprocate. :up:

Guys, I hope your are practising "safe" gifting. When you take someones trophy you're also taking all the trophies that trophy has been with... :P

jaymo76
10-01-2015, 08:00 PM
I'm anxiously looking forward to digging into this today. Wrapped up my last season at Leicester City last night on FIFA 14 with a 13th place finish in the Premiere League.

I'm still debating between starting a manager career at a low or bottom level English team or in the MLS and then eventually make the jump to England or Europe.

Two words... Crystal Palace! Go Eagles!

steelerfan
10-01-2015, 10:01 PM
Guys, I hope your are practising "safe" gifting. When you take someones trophy you're also taking all the trophies that trophy has been with... [emoji14]
I'm clean and he said he was so...

bdoughty
10-01-2015, 10:10 PM
Guys, I hope your are practising "safe" gifting. When you take someones trophy you're also taking all the trophies that trophy has been with... :P

So do not gift anything to JB? Not to mention the fact he probably played one of those Hannah Montana games.

steelerfan
10-01-2015, 11:20 PM
So do not gift anything to JB? Not to mention the fact he probably played one of those Hannah Montana games.
Yep. He has a Platinum in Hannah Montana-ing.

However, cdj is the creeper that went to the mall and bought it. "It's for my niece". Yeah, right.

JBHuskers
10-01-2015, 11:42 PM
Yep. He has a Platinum in Hannah Montana-ing.

However, cdj is the creeper that went to the mall and bought it. "It's for my niece". Yeah, right.
At least you got the story right. :nod:

Sadly Hannah Montana is better than some games out there :D

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

bdoughty
10-01-2015, 11:51 PM
Really? CDJ? Does JB have some pictures of you with a farm animal or illegal use of a cornshucker? Cornshocker? So many unanswered questions that probably should stay that way.

steelerfan
10-01-2015, 11:52 PM
At least you got the story right. :nod:

Sadly Hannah Montana is better than some games out there :D

Like the new Tony Hawk game, I presume.

And probably CFM in Madden 16 too.

JBHuskers
10-01-2015, 11:53 PM
Actually I think he got it on eBay, not the mall. :D

SmoothPancakes
10-02-2015, 12:00 AM
Actually I think he got it on eBay, not the mall. :D

Eww, sloppy seconds Hannah Montana.

JBHuskers
10-02-2015, 12:09 AM
Eww, sloppy seconds Hannah Montana.
Not the first time in history...

steelerfan
10-03-2015, 10:17 AM
I read that a title update is out on PC and should hit the consoles very soon. Today, maybe?

gigemaggs99
10-03-2015, 10:36 AM

I think you're on my friends list on Xbox1, if not, my name there is: gigemaggs99.

I bought Fifa 16 today for the Xbox1. I traded in some old games but went w/ the Xbox1 version for 2 reasons. It has the "legends" I'm not 100% sure what that means LOL, it's the Deluxe Edition with Legends.

I also have the external HD on the Xbox1, it's only 6.5% full compared to my PS4 that has maybe 5 or 6 games on the default HD and it's 95% full, so if I wanted to put Ffifa16 onto the PS4 I'd have to delete games, or pay extra for another external/HD upgrade.

So, morale of the story is, if you'd like to play a hack (me) I'd like to play some games.

Gus

SmoothPancakes
10-03-2015, 06:13 PM
I read that a title update is out on PC and should hit the consoles very soon. Today, maybe?
Any word on what it contains?

steelerfan
10-03-2015, 07:19 PM
Any word on what it contains?
No, but the PC crowd (including some that I trust) are saying that it has ironed out alot in the gameplay.

SmoothPancakes
10-03-2015, 07:55 PM
No, but the PC crowd (including some that I trust) are saying that it has ironed out alot in the gameplay.
If true, always a good thing! I'll have to dig into 16 some more tonight after the games.

gigemaggs99
10-04-2015, 05:44 PM
? can someone tell me how/where to go to find the practice field?

I find tutorials online on how to do this on the PC DEMO but not on Xbox1 or PS4 full version. I was wanting to show my kids how to play on the practice field, not in a game.

I don't know how to get to the "arena" mode.

steelerfan
10-04-2015, 06:59 PM
? can someone tell me how/where to go to find the practice field?

I find tutorials online on how to do this on the PC DEMO but not on Xbox1 or PS4 full version. I was wanting to show my kids how to play on the practice field, not in a game.

I don't know how to get to the "arena" mode.
Bottom left, under the "Play" tab.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/04/b052b0d17c5a83764a2ce9f372896283.jpg

gigemaggs99
10-04-2015, 07:03 PM
Ok, thank you sir. Smooth, thanks for the Xbox message.

So now we are able to find the practice arena. In the past you could play 11 v 11 or any other amount of players v players. I was hoping to show them how to play in that area, maybe this isn't an option on this year's game?

steelerfan
10-04-2015, 07:06 PM
Ok, thank you sir. Smooth, thanks for the Xbox message.

So now we are able to find the practice arena. In the past you could play 11 v 11 or any other amount of players v players. I was hoping to show them how to play in that area, maybe this isn't an option on this year's game?
I'm not sure. I couldn't figure that out either and I haven't seen it on current gen. I think it was removed on current gen and they've just decided the drills were good enough.

SmoothPancakes
10-04-2015, 07:24 PM
That's what I'm thinking. I was trying to figure out the same problem, but could only ever get the one on one with the Goalkeeper. It's a shame if they got rid of that ability. It was a nice way to practice some tactics and moves, as well as practice dribbling and shot approach with at least two or three defenders there.

steelerfan
10-04-2015, 10:46 PM
That's what I'm thinking. I was trying to figure out the same problem, but could only ever get the one on one with the Goalkeeper. It's a shame if they got rid of that ability. It was a nice way to practice some tactics and moves, as well as practice dribbling and shot approach with at least two or three defenders there.
I liked being able to work on set pieces. Seeing up free kicks all over the pitch and trying stuff out.

SmoothPancakes
10-05-2015, 12:27 AM
I liked being able to work on set pieces. Seeing up free kicks all over the pitch and trying stuff out.
Yeah, that came in handy. When I'm in the middle of a game, I can't use a free kick to experiment. So being able to work on set pieces and practice free kicks were a great aid.

gigemaggs99
10-05-2015, 08:28 PM
Game does NOT suck!

:up:

steelerfan
10-05-2015, 10:19 PM
Game does NOT suck!

:up:
SUCKS!

:D

steelerfan
10-05-2015, 10:36 PM
Patch is out for PS4.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/05/373d58775572ad4d6a375db511fe086e.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/05/88b8068a53d99975f7dac2c458d378c2.jpg

steelerfan
10-06-2015, 03:10 AM
Here is goal for you all to try and replicate. :)

https://youtu.be/jgt5RurzdvM

gigemaggs99
10-06-2015, 11:21 AM
here is goal for you all to try and replicate. :)

https://youtu.be/jgt5rurzdvm

very very sweet!:))

gigemaggs99
10-06-2015, 12:09 PM
So my 4 year old runs around saying random things like "yellow" and "what did you say daddy?" Xbox kinetic keeps flashing, "unknown command" while playing Fifa 16 LOL!

Then he'll say something and it will all of a sudden pop up, command recognized and start cycling through my lineup asking me how I want to sub in/out....

I guess the morale of the story is play while he's napping.

For what it's worth I did load these sliders http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-fifa-sliders/857680-tcs-fifa-16-pro-sliders-full-manual.html

The game played GREAT!

gigemaggs99
10-06-2015, 05:55 PM
2 questions:

1) has anyone else had a problem with the game freezing? I'm on Xbox1 and after a game it will say "loading...." and it just sits there, I let it sit for about 10 mins but nothing ever happens so eventually the only option I have is to shut off my Xbox 1.

2) how do you upload highlights from FUT? I had a sweet corner kick header that I scored on, I could watch the replay but never had an option to save the highlight for upload the highlight. In the regular game "kick off" I've been able to create highlights to upload.

steelerfan
10-07-2015, 12:01 AM
1) No. Never.

2) I'm on PS4 and I don't play FUT. Sorry.

jaymo76
10-07-2015, 01:00 AM
2 questions:

1) has anyone else had a problem with the game freezing? I'm on Xbox1 and after a game it will say "loading...." and it just sits there, I let it sit for about 10 mins but nothing ever happens so eventually the only option I have is to shut off my Xbox 1.

2) how do you upload highlights from FUT? I had a sweet corner kick header that I scored on, I could watch the replay but never had an option to save the highlight for upload the highlight. In the regular game "kick off" I've been able to create highlights to upload.

I can only speak for EA ACCESS but I never had a loading issue. I was impressed by how fast the game loads as compared to Madden actually. Was the freezing issue a one time thing or is it a continuing issue?

SmoothPancakes
10-07-2015, 01:01 AM
I've personally never had any freezing issues on Xbox One.

gigemaggs99
10-07-2015, 12:49 PM
I can only speak for EA ACCESS but I never had a loading issue. I was impressed by how fast the game loads as compared to Madden actually. Was the freezing issue a one time thing or is it a continuing issue?

I'm assuming so far it's a 1 time thing. I shut down my Xbox1, then loaded Fifa back up, this time it sat at the loading screen for a long time, 10 mins or so, then everything seemed fine. I started FUT and again it sat for a while, around 5 minutes, then it popped up with wanting me to create a security question and answer to manage my FUT. Since I did that every seems fine. Just seems like it took a while to get past that.

SmoothPancakes
10-14-2015, 08:59 PM
Is it just me or is there rain every damn match? This is feeling like NCAA from whatever year it was where it rained every game.

Nearly every single match thus far in my Be a Goalkeeper career has been played in rain. It's almost getting absurd.

Give me sun, give me clouds, hell, give me snow, I don't care. Anything but bloody rain.

souljahbill
10-14-2015, 09:20 PM
Is it just me or is there rain every damn match? This is feeling like NCAA from whatever year it was where it rained every game.

Nearly every single match thus far in my Be a Goalkeeper career has been played in rain. It's almost getting absurd.

Give me sun, give me clouds, hell, give me snow, I don't care. Anything but bloody rain.

It rains a ton in the South in outdoor stadiums in NCAA '14. I started instituting a 2 rain games a season rule because if I didn't, I'd play in 6 rain games easily.

steelerfan
10-14-2015, 09:25 PM
It does seem out of whack but I'm sure it will change as the season progresses to winter and spring.

Deuce
10-14-2015, 09:29 PM
I just change it before the game starts. Happens almost every game when I play at home. FC Dallas

bdoughty
10-15-2015, 05:43 AM
I just change it before the game starts. Happens almost every game when I play at home. FC Dallas

Was going to say that. You can change the weather, time, ball used in each game? Maybe not available if you are doing a franchise as a player?

SmoothPancakes
10-15-2015, 10:58 AM
Hmm, I'll have to look more into it then.

When I play my Be a GK matches, since I'm always broadcasting on Twitch by that point, I just go and turn on goal news for all matches that day and then start the match. I never go and change any settings because I have all settings set how I want, and I have nothing to change lineup wise since I'm just playing as my create GK.

They may give me the option to change weather myself, I just have never entered the pre-match settings and seen it.

bdoughty
10-17-2015, 04:12 PM
Had a blast last night playing co-op season mode with a friend. It takes getting used to as the player switching is a bit erratic but we had some good matches. Just would be nice to see people play with teams other than Real Madrid and Barcelona.

steelerfan
10-26-2015, 06:58 AM
I didn't know the game would make suggestions like this. I guess the system is more similar to The Show's Dynamic Difficulty, at least in this regard, than I thought. I thought it was just to tell you what buttons to push.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/26/a4e21f83db4b120b07931078c9164527.jpg

JBHuskers
10-26-2015, 09:49 AM
So does it do a good job at adjusting to make it more challenging?

steelerfan
10-26-2015, 10:04 AM
So does it do a good job at adjusting to make it more challenging?
AFAIK, it doesn't adjust. To my knowledge, it suggests buttons in real time and tells you when it's time to up the skill level.

It's really designed for newbs.

jaymo76
10-26-2015, 03:43 PM
Steeler and Smooth... you guys taking a break from your career modes?

SmoothPancakes
10-26-2015, 04:18 PM
Sort of unintentionally. I spent part of the last two weeks playing NBA Live because I hadn't done much of anything in it yet, and I didn't have enough time to do anything on FIFA.

Then sometime last week, I decided randomly to jump back into Assassin's Creed Unity. I hadn't played it since probably last spring, so I've dove back into that and have been playing nothing but Unity since at least Wednesday.

Right now on Sequence 12, the last Sequence. Just going around collecting chests, cockades, and doing various side missions while I try to put off the final three missions of the game for a bit.

It'll probably be a while before I get back into FIFA as Halo 5 releases tonight and that is literally all I'm gonna be playing from midnight tonight until god knows when.

steelerfan
10-26-2015, 04:22 PM
I took a break from gaming altogether for awhile but have recently gotten back on FIFA. I've just been playing Kickoff and messing with sliders.

I'm sure I'll be back on my Career soon.

Deuce
10-26-2015, 07:13 PM
Took me a while to learn how to play 16. I admit that I was a bit of a cheeser b/c I had to use speed to score in 15. I still don't have a lot of strategy but I am moving the ball down the field with a lot of passing now. Finished my first season as fc Dallas manager. Came in 3rd and lost in the first round. Moved on to QPR and currently in 7th. I haven't enjoyed a game like this since the days of ncaa 2004.

steelerfan
10-26-2015, 07:26 PM
Glad you're enjoying it, Deuce. :up:

jaymo76
11-02-2015, 02:12 PM
Don't have the pennies right now to buy FIFA 16 so I am waiting until it comes to EA Access. I figured while I wait I will download FIFA 15 from the vault and give it a go. So, having played 16 and loved it, will 15 be quite a dissapointment?

steelerfan
11-02-2015, 02:34 PM
Don't have the pennies right now to buy FIFA 16 so I am waiting until it comes to EA Access. I figured while I wait I will download FIFA 15 from the vault and give it a go. So, having played 16 and loved it, will 15 be quite a dissapointment?
It depends what you loved about 16.

jaymo76
11-02-2015, 04:46 PM
It depends what you loved about 16.

1. Career Mode
2. Gameplay
3. Presentation
4. Skill trainer

bdoughty
11-02-2015, 04:53 PM
Skill trainer was new this year. So you will not have it in 15. Pretty sure the way you train individual players in career mode is new. Pre-season tournament is new. Plenty of gameplay changes.

steelerfan
11-02-2015, 05:05 PM
1. Career Mode
2. Gameplay
3. Presentation
4. Skill trainer
1. Only big additions in 16 were Player Development and Preseason Tournaments.

2. Obviously, there are changes but the degree of changes is in the eye of the beholder. 15 is good. 16 is the best FIFA to date, imo.

3. The only presentation overhaul was in the Bundesliga in 16. Some minor changes elsewhere but nothing earth-shattering.

4. The FIFA Trainer is new to 16. If you mean Skill Games, they're in 15 (some new ones in 16, of course).

steelerfan
12-01-2015, 11:24 AM
Just downloaded version 1.04.

As far as gameplay, there are 3 improvements listed:

- Improved through ball accuracy when close to the sideline
- Improved pass receiver selection.
- Improvements made to balance sprinting dribble turns.

Other things that were addressed were for a specific crash and for FUT.

steelerfan
12-10-2015, 11:43 PM
1.05 is coming soon to consoles.

http://www.product-reviews.net/2015/12/11/fifa-16-1-05-update-notes-for-ps4-xbox-one/