PDA

View Full Version : FIFA 16 EA Access

jaymo76
09-16-2015, 10:29 PM
FIFA's 10 hour EA Access is now available. Post your impressions here.

steelerfan
09-17-2015, 01:37 AM
:drool:

Deuce
09-17-2015, 08:21 AM
Get to writing/playing Jaymo! ;)

jaymo76
09-18-2015, 12:16 AM
Get to writing/playing Jaymo! ;)

I can't until tomorrow night but then I will be all in for the weekend.

steelerfan
09-18-2015, 01:58 AM
I've read alot of overwhelming positives at OS. Can't wait for Monday night!

Deuce
09-18-2015, 06:52 AM

Have fun man! I'm jealous. My son and I are ready for next Tuesday.

jaymo76
09-19-2015, 08:23 PM
Man you guys are going to enjoy this game!!!

Deuce
09-19-2015, 08:32 PM
:up:

jaymo76
09-19-2015, 08:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zssr-JTAXAA

Quick start up and menus and a little on the women's cup mode.

jaymo76
09-19-2015, 08:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=743maHNg74U

Canada vs Brazil (women)

Be warned this is an awful game for me as the rust is pretty bad. My FIFA settings from 12 are synched and I am just not that good anymore.

jaymo76
09-19-2015, 09:00 PM
Intro to Career Mode... Welcome to Crystal Palace Mr. Manager!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-cMt1SzuMA

steelerfan
09-19-2015, 09:01 PM
The OVERWHELMING sentiment on OS is that the game is fantastic. I'm pumped!

Thanks for sharing, jaymo.

jaymo76
09-19-2015, 09:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MHVkmqqsA0

Finale of my first game in Career Mode 9tournament friendly).

jaymo76
09-19-2015, 09:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb4B4KKBl4A

Highlights of Chelsea and WFC

jaymo76
09-19-2015, 09:31 PM
The OVERWHELMING sentiment on OS is that the game is fantastic. I'm pumped!

Thanks for sharing, jaymo.

It really is. Part of me wishes I would have skipped Madden this year and went directly to FIFA16. So much fun!!!

jaymo76
09-20-2015, 04:19 AM
I played several hours tonight in my Crystal Palace Career.

-Went 0-1-2 in the pre-season tourney and make just over a million dollars in prize money
-put some players out on loan
-picked up Cahill from Chelsea for a cool 19.55 million transfer fee plus a hefty salary increase
-signed my first four youth squad players
-dealt with an upset player... and trying to move him as we speak

Then I started the regular season...
@Norwich City 1-1 Draw... Cahill's first game and in the 90th minute he has an own goal...:fp:
vs Arsenal... outstanding effort ended in a 1-1 Draw

This game is so much fun. The only sliders I had to touch thus far was cpu passing as the cpu will pass 100% accuracy without changes.

https://hdlogo.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/crystal-palace-fc.png?w=500

steelerfan
09-20-2015, 04:43 AM
jaymo, what skill level are you playing on? I'm playing the demo on Pro and getting competitive matches.

As for CPU passing, if you spam the turbo button and ball chase they will eat you alive.

Try being patient, playing the passing lanes, only closing down when it is smart to do so and letting your CPU teammates make some plays (don't switch constantly). The CPU will make mistakes if you let them but will carve you to bits of you ball chase.

On the demo I've been holding the CPU to passing percentages that are very similar to my own (75-85%).

Thanks for the impressions, I can't wait for Monday night!

jaymo76
09-20-2015, 04:54 AM
Yeah I am on pro as well. I changed the cpu pass accuracy (error) slider to 65 and it has resulted in less perfect passes. I find the cpu defenders get right on you with crazy pressure so you need to move the ball quickly. I find it a lot harder to score this year. Passing the ball is key and back passing in order to build up is crucial as the middle of the field is a log jam.

I hope with your sliders you can fix the card/foul situation. I have only seen 4 cards in six games thus far (6 min halves). I suspect you went digital download Steeler? Looking forward to your impressions.

steelerfan
09-20-2015, 05:11 AM
Yes, I went with digital download. I should be able to play at 11 Central, 9 Pacific, on Monday night.

I would suspect that you're going to need to play longer halves to get more fouls and bookings. There are only so many tackles in 6 minutes.

You know me, I plan to play 15-minute halves. I wouldn't be against 10 or 20 - whatever produces the numbers (typically it has been 15).

I haven't decided who I'm going to play with in Career Mode. I was thinking about Portsmouth in Football League 2 because of the addition of Fratton Park but it looks like they're going to be used by all of the YouTubers so I'm leaning against it.

Perhaps I'll start with a Football League Championship side that has an authentic ground or go outside of England. I'm not sure yet. Decisions, decisions. :)

steelerfan
09-20-2015, 10:35 AM
A couple thoughts on your Manager Mode video (thank you for posting it).

1. I would suggest using a STRICT financial budget. If you plan on playing multiple seasons, it will get too easy otherwise.

2. When setting up European competitions in year 1, do the second randomization of the clubs. It will give you realistic clubs in those competitions. In your video, Watford was in the Champions League.

3. The "Value" of a player is not his wages. It's the perceived value he has if you were to sell him. The player you commented about is not making £4,000,000.

Again, thanks for all the videos! I can't wait for tomorrow night!

jaymo76
09-20-2015, 11:39 AM
A couple thoughts on your Manager Mode video (thank you for posting it).

1. I would suggest using a STRICT financial budget. If you plan on playing multiple seasons, it will get too easy otherwise.

2. When setting up European competitions in year 1, do the second randomization of the clubs. It will give you realistic clubs in those competitions. In your video, Watford was in the Champions League.

3. The "Value" of a player is not his wages. It's the perceived value he has if you were to sell him. The player you commented about is not making £4,000,000.

Again, thanks for all the videos! I can't wait for tomorrow night!

Thanks for the feedback! Since I am limited on time I am going through things far more quickly than I would like. last night I went back in and played with training. I didn't realize at first that their is scouting for youth club talent and scouting existing teams and their talent. Once I realized that I felt pretty dumb as I realize I sent a scout to Algeria but they were not yet playing so he had nothing to do. Scouting club teams is a really nice option and keeps you very busy between games.

jaymo76
09-20-2015, 11:42 AM
Also, I'm not sure if it is new or was in last year as well but I see in order to get throwbacks, unique celebrations, different types of equipment, more money fro a rich owner, etc. you have to gain FIFA points and then buy and unlock items. Last night I unlocked billionaire owner so that I could go after Cahill. I guess it's a nice addition to keep you busy trying to get FIFA coins but in a lot of ways I would rather just have things available from the start. For example, playing Arsenal last night I could not use their throwbacks as I had not yet bought and unlocked their throwback uniforms.

jaymo76
09-20-2015, 11:49 AM
Steeler, another thing to consider is that if you don't go European... the atmosphere is somewhat lacking. The chants are less loud and less intense and outside of the big leagues the vast majority of stadiums are generic. I love playing in the authentic stadiums and hearing the "real" crowds. Now for a seasoned vet like you it probably won't matter as you know everything there is to know about the game and will probably play for a good 10 seasons so you will get to the big leagues very quickly.

I was tempted last night to go PSG in the French league but Barclays in what I think when I thing top tier.

jaymo76
09-20-2015, 11:51 AM
I will try to get to the Chelsea vs Crystal palace matchup tonight. I will also try to stream and then make a video of it. I currently have two more games to get there (one in Barclays and another in a championship series).

steelerfan
09-20-2015, 11:54 AM
It should (maybe not on Access) carry over your level from EA Sports FC rich will allow you to have access to unlock some things that aren't otherwise even available to be unlocked (they're grayed out).

If that's still the case, I'm something like Level 45 so I'm usually high enough to start unlocking all of the kits as I accumulate coins.

After I get the kits, I start unlocking the boots even though I almost never use them.

I don't care to use any cheats. ;)

I'm not sure if that applies to Access or if it is even part of 16 at all though.

jaymo76
09-20-2015, 02:35 PM
I see they took out creation centre? Was it in last year? IMO it was the best creation mode of any EA Sports title. I wonder why it was removed from next gen?

SmoothPancakes
09-20-2015, 03:07 PM
Yeah, it'll carry over your level and settings when you start things up. When I bought FIFA 14, first thing it did was carry over all of my stuff from FIFA 12. Other than that, I sort of liking having to unlock things through play. It makes you have to earn it instead of just instantly building a stacked team thanks to the billionaire owner and everything else. And the fact you unlock the stuff just by simple gameplay and leveling up instead of having to pay for it like everything else these days is nice.

jaymo76
09-20-2015, 05:49 PM
Prompted to download the day 1 patch. It comes in at 347mb.

steelerfan
09-20-2015, 06:39 PM
No, jaymo.

No Creation Centre last year, either. I'm assuming the same for next-gen 14 (I was on PS3 still).

jaymo76
09-20-2015, 07:02 PM
Just had my butt handed to me by Aston Villa. 2-0 loss but I was outshot 15-4 and they have possession for 78% of the match. Clearly a 4-4-2 was not the right matchup. I will need to take advantage of some different formations in future. That puts me near the bottom of the table...

jaymo76
09-20-2015, 11:47 PM
Not sure what the issue is tonight as I cannot stay in the game due to the signal dropping. Once the conenction goes down you cannot play Access. Xbox1 has some reported service issues but EA Access is not one of them. Is it an EA issue?

jaymo76
09-21-2015, 01:01 AM
Two things...

1. Got my first win tonight. It came @ Sheffield Wednesday in round 2 of the Capital One Cup. I won 2-1 with a goal by Gable in the 110th minute. It might have been the best through ball I have ever delivered in FIFA.

2. I see that two of my games this season needed to be rescheduled. It didn't say why but they now have new dates. I thought that was pretty cool... one of those small details.

Next up is Chelsea. Sadly Cahill is injured and will miss the game. I also have a big transfer I am working on and hope to land it before Access is up. What is so much fun about this game is trying to build up a squad that you like. I am trying to land a lot of international young and fast winger/striker talent that is on the rise to greatness. My team has way too many CAM and CDM and not enough wingers and strikers. I am strongly considering morphing into a 4-3-3 but it's all dependent on the transfers as currently my talent isn't suited for that system. It has been tough working the 4-4-2 / 4-4-2 diamond as is.

steelerfan
09-21-2015, 07:05 AM
Just fyi, jaymo. The rescheduling happens to fit in cup matches. When you advanced in the Capital One Cup, a couple dates were moved (probably by one day) to squeeze your 3rd round match between them.

jaymo76
09-21-2015, 11:50 PM
Just got crushed 2-0 by Chelsea. They just have too much talent. I could barely scratch their side of the field. Ugly!

jaymo76
09-22-2015, 01:56 AM
Just appointed to Manager of Turkey... then my time ran out. Beautiful game!!!

steelerfan
09-22-2015, 02:14 AM
Just appointed to Manager of Turkey... then my time ran out. Beautiful game!!!
Thanks again for all the info and videos. I hope you can grab the retail version soon!