PDA

View Full Version : Week 7, 2011

Oneback
09-08-2010, 11:03 PM
=============== #5 Oklahoma Sooners (5-0) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma won 21-14 against Oregon (2-4).
This week, the Sooners will host Cal (1-2).
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) RG Zach Prince has committed to Oklahoma
- (****) DT Mario House has committed to Ohio State
- (****) QB Sean Hall has committed to Nebraska
- (*****) FB Cody Anderson has committed to Texas

=============== #22 Clemson Tigers (5-1) ===============
Last week, Clemson won 45-24 against North Carolina (3-3).
This week, the Tigers travel to Raleigh to face the NC State Wolfpack (2-3).
In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) WR Adam Bolen has committed to Tennessee
- (****) CB Cedric McMahan has committed to Ohio State

=============== #4 Florida State Seminoles (6-0) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 35-12 against Wake Forest (2-3).
This week, the Seminoles will host #7 Miami (6-0).

=============== #7 Miami Hurricanes (6-0) ===============
Last week, Miami won 69-28 against Duke (1-4).
This week, the Hurricanes travel to Tallahassee to face the #4 Florida State Seminoles (6-0).
In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) WR Leslie Thomas has committed to Miami
- (***) LOLB Cole Ingraham has committed to Ole Miss
- (***) C Dale Jones has committed to Pittsburgh
- (****) WR Bryson Strickland has committed to Ohio State
- (*****) WR James Morales has committed to Miami

=============== #11 Michigan Wolverines (4-1) ===============
Last week, Michigan lost 42-14 against Wisconsin (6-0).
This week, the Wolverines will host Indiana (3-3).
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) C Fred Manning has committed to Michigan
- (****) WR James Ferguson has committed to Michigan
- (****) LG Greg Buchanan has committed to Michigan
- (****) LE Derrick Burgess has committed to Michigan

=============== #20 Ohio State Buckeyes (3-2) ===============
Last week, Ohio State lost 33-24 against Penn State (6-0).
This week, the Buckeyes will host #14 West Virginia (3-1).
In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) WR Bryson Strickland has committed to Ohio State
- (****) CB Cedric McMahan has committed to Ohio State
- (****) DT Mario House has committed to Ohio State

=============== #3 Penn State Nittany Lions (6-0) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 33-24 against Ohio State (3-2).
This week, the Nittany Lions will host Iowa (2-2).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:

=============== Texas Tech Red Raiders (0-5) ===============
Last week, Texas Tech lost 56-19 against Texas (5-0).
This week, the Red Raiders travel to Stillwater to face the Oklahoma State Cowboys (1-5).
In recruiting news, the following Texas Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) MLB Marques McCarty has committed to Texas A&M
- (***) ROLB Greg Johnson has committed to Texas Tech

=============== USC Trojans (2-3) ===============
Last week, USC lost 36-31 against Oregon State (1-4).
This week, the Trojans travel to South Bend to face the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (1-3).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) MLB Raymond Bonner has committed to Wisconsin
- (***) MLB Stan Porter has committed to Tennessee
- (***) P John Williams has committed to USC
- (*****) HB Jamal Strickland has committed to USC

=============== #8 Virginia Tech Hokies (5-1) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech won 42-16 against Louisville (1-4).
This week, the Hokies travel to Birmingham to face the UAB Blazers (1-3).
In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) WR Adam Bolen has committed to Tennessee

=============== #2 Texas Longhorns (5-0) ===============
Last week, Texas won 56-19 against Texas Tech (0-5).
This week, the Longhorns are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) RT Michael Guerrero has committed to Texas
- (****) FS Brian Amos has committed to Texas
- (*****) WR Ryan Mitchell has committed to Texas

=============== #1 Wisconsin Badgers (6-0) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin won 42-14 against Michigan (4-1).
This week, the Badgers travel to Minneapolis to face the Minnesota Golden Gophers (4-0).
In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) C Fred Manning has committed to Michigan
- (****) MLB Raymond Bonner has committed to Wisconsin
- (****) MLB Melvin Flores has committed to Wisconsin

fsuprime
09-08-2010, 11:06 PM
ugh, such bullshit, went from soft commit on #4 HB to texas soft commit. only recruit i really wanted this year, oh well, im sure texas will negative recruit me out of another few RBs next year!

when do u want to play Tex?

fsuprime
09-09-2010, 12:05 AM
im headed to bed soon tex, i can play tomorrow from 10 am to noon or from 3:30 est - 5 or after midnight

texacotea
09-09-2010, 05:27 AM
FSU whats friday look like. I dont get off till 5 and have a softball game @ 730pm tom. Friday im good after 3pm est

fsuprime
09-09-2010, 08:17 AM
friday workout from 445-645 pm so 3pm est or any time after 7 works, preferably 730ish

fsuprime
09-09-2010, 08:25 AM
wow clemson just dropped one to nc st...im started to get scared of playin the cpu, thats 3 losses in 2 weeks (if my math is right)

psuexv
09-09-2010, 11:53 AM
I'm assuming we will be in Week 8 sometime this weekend. I will try and get on and do my recruiting via the web. Also might try and play my game on the ride back Sunday, we are going to try and use my friend's Droid as a hot spot and connect the PS3, if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

skipwondah33
09-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Can't buy another recruit. Strange I didn't get to 6 star pretige this year

fsuprime
09-09-2010, 12:55 PM
its not automatic, you have a random chance of it happening (unless u win the title and are already a 5*)

have to win conference title for an automatic increase as well (coupled with top5 finish) there is a post somewhere in utopia or here with all the rules for being demoted or promoted from each prestige level from EA.

gschwendt
09-09-2010, 01:34 PM
its not automatic, you have a random chance of it happening (unless u win the title and are already a 5*)

have to win conference title for an automatic increase as well (coupled with top5 finish) there is a post somewhere in utopia or here with all the rules for being demoted or promoted from each prestige level from EA.
Actually it's here:
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?877-NCAA-Football-11-Understanding-Team-Pitches-in-Recruiting

gschwendt
09-09-2010, 01:37 PM
John Clay continues to dominate Big Ten defenses, this time carrying the ball 30 times for 311 yards with 3 touchdowns. His season total comes to 170 carries for 1695 yards and 20 touchdowns.

Escobar
09-09-2010, 04:14 PM
That game it seemed like the CPU had it in for me. I injured their starting QB twice, and their backup comes in and fires the ball all over the place. I had to get that run by Ellington to put me ahead with 55s left. Then of course their backup drives down the field and gets a lucky comeback route to their 5 with 3s left on 3rd down to set up the field goal.

Iron Dragon
09-09-2010, 04:20 PM
Despite fumble trouble, Oklahoma's new pistol-spread offense beats Cal 42-26.

The "Pistol-Spread" Offense debuted in a rainy day in Norman as three fumbles cost Oklahoma some points but they still beat Cal by 16, 42-26. Landry Jones had a fine day at QB throwing a 20-for-32 day with 361 yards passing and 3 TDs. Jones, on read options and options in general picked up 20 yards on the ground. Jermie Calhoun had 20 carries for 144 yards and 2 TDs, and Clay had 14 yards and a TD. Roy Finch had a 14 yard run, but every other carry he took went for negative yards putting him at 0. Jaz Reynolds had a fine day recieving with 7 catches for 122 yards. Ryan Broyles caught 6 passes for 141 yards and 2 TDs, while Dejuan Miller did not make a catch until the third and finished with 4 catches for 78 yards and a TD.

David King and Jamarkus McFarland had sacks for the OU defense. Travis Lewis forced a fumble, and DB Jamell Fleming recovered it.

At one point in the game, Cal had a 17-14 lead before a 28-9 run to end the game by the Sooners.

Next week we get #2 Texas, the first of three user-user games in four weeks.

JeffHCross
09-09-2010, 11:16 PM
wow clemson just dropped one to nc st...im started to get scared of playin the cpu, thats 3 losses in 2 weeks (if my math is right)Be afraid. Be very afraid.

I've got to go back on something I said earlier. Man Coverage is nerfed ... depending on your sliders. Me and Snoop certainly proved last night that Man Coverage still does just fine in USER games. CPU, however, is a different story.

The comeback AI is certainly back, though not nearly as pronounced as it used to be. But when the CPU starts rolling ... good luck stopping them. They won't screw you out of a win, but you'll have to play your heart out.

Ohio State wins 69-65 in 4 OTs. Yes, a 4 point win in overtime. On the final play, West Virginia's 2 point conversion attempt, Senior MLB Greg Bellasari stepped in front of the QB's pitch, and, just to add insult to a loss, ran it back all the way to gain a 4-point victory.

Ohio State HB Pepe Pearson rushes for 203 yards ... around 192 of which came before the 4th quarter. In the 4th, West Virginia suddenly gained a run defense and it was Ohio State sophomore QB Joe Germaine that had to step up. After West Virginia took the lead on a 67 yard drive that took 38 seconds, Ohio State marched down field on a scoring drive of their own, taking a 3 point lead.

Of course, West Virginia had absolutely no problem getting into FG range with only 32 seconds remaining.

Oneback
09-10-2010, 07:41 AM
The comeback AI is certainly back, though not nearly as pronounced as it used to be. But when the CPU starts rolling ... good luck stopping them. They won't screw you out of a win, but you'll have to play your heart out.

This I agree with. I was up 28-0 at the end of the half last night against Indiana then half way through the 3rd quarter I gave up a field goal to make it 28-3, from this point on you would have thought Peyton Manning was at quarterback and the 90's all-decade team was manning the reciever spots as they marched up and down the field for 20 points in the final 8 minutes of play.

I have also had the problem of my quarterback going from a 68-72% passer to a 50% passer against the CPU defense...Indiana's C+ rated defense, not to mention Notre Dame's B rated defense that completely shut down my running game 2 weeks ago.

psusnoop
09-10-2010, 08:18 AM
I recruited already and I'm going to try to play my game before I head into the bowling alley tonight. I bowl then I'm going to help out the staff there because of a big party coming at 10pm. I probably won't get home till 2am or so and I have to come into work tomorrow at 6am to get things rolling. So the latest I play my CPU game is Saturday mid morning though I'm really going to push to have mine done today between 3pm and 4pm.

Oneback
09-10-2010, 08:25 AM
I recruited already and I'm going to try to play my game before I head into the bowling alley tonight. I bowl then I'm going to help out the staff there because of a big party coming at 10pm. I probably won't get home till 2am or so and I have to come into work tomorrow at 6am to get things rolling. So the latest I play my CPU game is Saturday mid morning though I'm really going to push to have mine done today between 3pm and 4pm.

Sounds good, I believe the FSU/Miami game will be done around then as well.

fsuprime
09-10-2010, 08:26 AM
yea im good to start any time beforel 3:45pm tex

texacotea
09-10-2010, 08:55 AM
yea im good to start any time beforel 3:45pm tex

Ill try to get outta here around 3 but if not we will shoot for 7 30. PM me your number so i can text you and let you know whats going on

fsuprime
09-10-2010, 12:29 PM
not working out today, to excited for saturday so i started drinking beers, i can play whenever.

Papa LoneStar
09-10-2010, 01:29 PM
not working out today, to excited for saturday so i started drinking beers

Haha....this made me laugh HARD for some reason

Take advantage of a tipsy coaching staff, Tex!

texacotea
09-10-2010, 01:54 PM

def going to take this up. trying to leave here in a bit.

Oneback
09-10-2010, 02:07 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGUwafCcL2M

fsuprime
09-10-2010, 02:14 PM
lol, would be different if all my friends were not at work like normal people :p

fsuprime
09-10-2010, 02:25 PM
also iron dragon needs to recruit again, so if someone wants to contact him we could probably advance as soon as oneback gets home, since we will be kicking off about 4 est.

fsuprime
09-10-2010, 03:38 PM
fsu loses 35-31, FSU WRs ran wrong routes all day, wheel routes became slants for no reason, pretty bad day all around for the offense. Defense generated no rush on harris which led to linebackers just literally stopping instead of following their man across the field in man, and wide open holes in the shitty ea zones. the only thing i can think of is i need to check ea and learn some good nano blitzes cause it seems to be the only way to play zone in this game, the guy i played last night who had OU was getting alot of pressure and pretending FSUs really good Oline was not even there. Aggressive DBs is pretty fun though, i got 2 picks that were pretty bang bang lol.

also tex does usering your CB 5 yards inside of the WR help in zone coverage ?

Iron Dragon
09-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Everyone's ready to advance.

fsuprime
09-10-2010, 04:23 PM
oneback is leaving work in 40 minutes and will advance as soon as he gets home :)

texacotea
09-10-2010, 05:22 PM
also tex does usering your CB 5 yards inside of the WR help in zone coverage ?

you mean my safety? then yes, lets me cover the middle of the field. That is his zone sorta I just like to roam the middle of the field with someone. I cant believe your corner got that 2nd pick I thought for sure that I had that one caught.

fsuprime
09-10-2010, 05:28 PM
no i mean when u grabbed Reid and he would end up inside of the WR and then u would move to a different player (armstrong or the DE) at the snap. i was wondering if putting the CB inside helped out at all?

it only happened maybe 7 times so i was not sure if it was on purpose or not.

texacotea
09-10-2010, 06:54 PM
no i mean when u grabbed Reid and he would end up inside of the WR and then u would move to a different player (armstrong or the DE) at the snap. i was wondering if putting the CB inside helped out at all?

it only happened maybe 7 times so i was not sure if it was on purpose or not.

no didnt mean to at all but maybe something to look at. When i would do that i was on the wrong person and was trying to switch back........

OH WHERE OH WHERE IS ONEBACK?

fsuprime
09-10-2010, 06:55 PM
i dunno he done goofed

Oneback
09-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Sorry had a slight issue with a web proxy and people in sales couldn't get to two websites they REALLY needed access to.

I say go home...its the weekend, but no I had to update.

fsuprime
09-10-2010, 07:11 PM
lol np, figured something came up, glad it was work and not something bad

JeffHCross
09-11-2010, 08:09 AM
Sorry had a slight issue with a web proxy and people in sales couldn't get to two websites they REALLY needed access to.

I say go home...its the weekend, but no I had to update.I expect you and I left work about the same time, 'cause I got the text for us advancing while I was waiting for dinner. Ugh, what a long week.

Oneback
09-11-2010, 08:22 AM
I actually left on time...had my customary 1.5 (23 miles) hour drive home then as soon as I walked in the door I got the phone call (630p central).

JeffHCross
09-11-2010, 09:01 AM
I actually left on time...had my customary 1.5 (23 miles) hour drive home then as soon as I walked in the door I got the phone call (630p central).Ouch.

Thankfully, I'm going against traffic, so my 20 mile drive is only 30 minutes ... but if I was going the other way, it would be 1.5 or longer, sadly.