PDA

View Full Version : NBA Live 16 - Demo Impressions & General Discussion

cdj
09-15-2015, 08:43 AM
The demo is now available on XBox One and on PlayStation 4. It comes in at around 24 GB, so it may take some time to download given your connection speed.

Please post your thoughts on the demo and feedback here!

I hope to be online tonight playing LIVE Pro-Am if anyone else is up for some Summer Circuit or LIVE Run.

Rudy
09-15-2015, 06:37 PM
The controls seemed different. Took me a half to figure out how to do things. Just used the wheel play call (L2) a little. I felt I had no clue how to play defence. L2 on defence doesn't seem to do much. Are there any other tricks?

I kind of liked the default isometric and panning camera. Getting visual indicstors for how close you guard, who to guard and the percentage of the shot that was contested were things I liked. Just played a half since my son booted me to play Destiny. The half time show is detailed although Jalen Rose seems rough a bit.

May check it out later. But I need to try and play Madden if I don't fall asleep. I am not a night person and I didn't sleep well.

cdj
09-16-2015, 07:40 AM
The controls seemed different. Took me a half to figure out how to do things. Just used the wheel play call (L2) a little. I felt I had no clue how to play defence. L2 on defence doesn't seem to do much. Are there any other tricks?

For on-ball defense, that's about all you can do.

However if you play off-ball, you can deny the ball to defenders by getting close to them and holding L2 (it basically bodies them up). I've found it pretty effective and helpful.

You can also call for a double-team by holding Circle/B, but I'm in the camp that it is slow in coming over to help. I need to play with and test it some more.

This demo is 24 GB and seems to be going very slow for a lot of people, even those with fast internet. I can play the CLE-OKC Finals match-up, but it looks like the rest of the demo won't be downloaded until tomorrow night at this current rate.

Rudy
09-17-2015, 04:03 AM
This has to be the slowest download I can ever remember.

cdj
09-17-2015, 07:16 AM
Yeah, for whatever reason some PS4 guys are having it take a LONG time. I have (relatively) slow internet compared to most, so it still hasn't finished here, but should within the next hour or two.

JBHuskers
09-17-2015, 09:21 AM
Once I got into some Live Run last night, I gotta say it was great. It ran smooth.

Something I found out from the devs is after you finish a game, it puts you in a private lobby to encourage you to play with the same teammates. That is by design, but I rarely played two games in a row with the same team as I was just sitting there and ended up backing out and doing another search.

cdj
09-20-2015, 01:39 PM
I felt I had no clue how to play defence. L2 on defence doesn't seem to do much. Are there any other tricks?

When you hold L2, you need to use the right stick to move your player for 'defensive slide' to keep them in front of the offensive player. Using left stick won't help with L2.

I think my record is 8-2 on LIVE Run as of now. I have been lucky enough to have relatively good teammates. Last night I ran into an opponent who went 3-14 on three-pointers and we smoked their team 21-9, I think. He was passing up lay-ups and open teammates just to shoot.

You can tell which players have bothered to really try and learn the game versus those who just know how to shoot and that's it. My best game online I finished with 10 points, 10 rebounds, 1 assist.

The online has run smooth, so I can see myself playing this a LOT. No waiting helps as well.

Rudy
09-26-2015, 06:18 AM
The demo definitely has bugs. One guy on either team always seemed to be without a shirt and torso!

http://youtu.be/_1S-r2sN2wI

I do think there aren't enough blocks on animation drives to the basket. And inside finishes should use the glass more but it's fun. Maybe I will pick up a basketball game over Christmas.