PDA

View Full Version : FIFA 16 Demo is now available; Share your impressions here

steelerfan
09-08-2015, 07:38 PM
Just downloaded it. Share your thoughts.

steelerfan
09-09-2015, 12:48 AM
I've played 4 matches and I gotta say I'm much more excited for FIFA 16 than I thought I would be.

A few thoughts:

The midfield play is back and is more like the mudiness of FIFA 14.

The AI is worlds better. The CPU is much better in attack and has a more organized buildup than I've ever seen before. The CPU is taking shots from distance, using back passes, lobbed through balls and is sending crosses in their own end and in the middle third to switch the point of attack.

You can't simply contain the CPU like in previous versions because they will put the ball in the air and either switch to the opposite flank or beat you over the top.

The CPU is dangerous from all striking areas inside and outside the box and they have a formidable aerial threat as well. The CPU is scoring a variety of goals and I've seen some that I would never have seen before.

I'm seeing my teammates go harder for loose balls and covering each other better in the box.

The animations are smoother and collisions feel more natural.

The keepers are better too. Hard to explain but positioning and reactions seem much improved.

No Touch Dribbling is fun and though I'm not yet sold on its practicality it should create some real "Wow" moments.

A feature that will be a tremendous help to noobs and novices that I hadn't seen mentioned before is the in-game Trainer that shows on screen cues for buttons to use in various situations.

Overall, I'm as excited as I've ever been for a new release now. I really think the gameplay and AI has gotten a thick coat of polish and we could be headed for the best and most realistic FIFA yet. This game feels like football and should provide a good game right out of the box.

Of course, slider work will be in order for myself but I don't think that sliders are going to be needed to see good football. Instead, it will be about tweaking numbers to get stats that are realistic. I'll be thrilled if the retail game plays like the demo.

I know I'm the shameless promoter of FIFA on this site but don't just take my word for it. Look at what others are saying about the demo, play it yourself and hop on Access later this month if you are on XB1.

This should be a game that gets a good look from any sports fan and I'm happy that I preordered last week and can't wait for the 22nd!

SmoothPancakes
09-09-2015, 01:43 AM
Sounds great! I jumped on my Xbox One for the first time in probably a month Sunday night, and while reinstalling GTA V, I was looking for something to play and decided to jump on FIFA 14 for the first time since last Christmas. Ended up playing for over 6 hours while playing my manager career with Leicester City, I was having so much fun jumping back onto the pitch. I am really looking forward to FIFA 16.

steelerfan
09-09-2015, 02:35 AM
Sounds great! I jumped on my Xbox One for the first time in probably a month Sunday night, and while reinstalling GTA V, I was looking for something to play and decided to jump on FIFA 14 for the first time since last Christmas. Ended up playing for over 6 hours while playing my manager career with Leicester City, I was having so much fun jumping back onto the pitch. I am really looking forward to FIFA 16.
Yeah, it is great.

I played a couple more matches and I'm constantly stunned by how the CPU attacks and how improved their buildup play is. It's really night and day to anything I've seen in the series before.

I have seen a couple guys mention on OS that they are having an easier time scoring on XB1 than PS4 which is odd but if it's true I'm glad it's not the other way around (since I'm solely on PS4). It would be nice if you and jaymo (and anyone else with both systems) could weigh in on this.

SmoothPancakes
09-09-2015, 03:27 AM
I'll give it a whirl on XB1. I'll probably jump on tomorrow sometime anyways, so I'll give it a whirl.

I just got on the Xbox Smartglass app and "bought" the demo, so it should be downloading right now, if my One is still set to instant on with downloads while turned off.

Looking at the pre-order, I may have to go One for FIFA 16. EA Access knocks the price down to $53.99. Only $6, but still $6 less that I'd have to pay. :D

steelerfan
09-09-2015, 03:52 AM
Try it on PS4 too, to compare.

SmoothPancakes
09-09-2015, 03:55 AM
That's probably a good idea. I was going to go with Xbox One, at least first, to test out the whole easier to score thing. Jumping back and forth between the two will give me a pretty good idea of what they are claiming is true or not.

jaymo76
09-09-2015, 10:04 PM
Didn't even know this was out yet. So swamped at work but I will try to download the demo sometime befre the weekend. I passed on the last two FIFA's but I am interested in trying out 16 for sure. Steeler buddy, you need to get an XBOX1 for the EA Access! It's a damn good entertainment system.

steelerfan
09-09-2015, 11:51 PM
Didn't even know this was out yet. So swamped at work but I will try to download the demo sometime befre the weekend. I passed on the last two FIFA's but I am interested in trying out 16 for sure. Steeler buddy, you need to get an XBOX1 for the EA Access! It's a damn good entertainment system.
I would LOVE Access but I play so few games I think it would be a waste for me. I have considered it though.

bdoughty
09-10-2015, 04:23 PM
I played both demos and to me you can't go wrong with either game. Preferred the player control and jostling in PES, along with the cameras. The cutscenes and the player models looked more natural in PES. FIFA has the licenses, no touch dribbling and presentation. It felt like the FIFA game I have played for years. Always the safe bet with the licenses and extra game modes. That said I am skipping soccer for now. I am in a rut when it comes to sports games.

jaymo76
09-10-2015, 07:00 PM
Played the demo last night on XBOX1. Game looks beautiful and the presentation is somewhat improved. I only played on semi pro as I have been away from the series for a few years. I tied the first game 2-2 and scored two phenomenal goals. The 2nd game was through FUT and I won 2-1 over the Sounders. The game is a lot of fun and the cpu really challenges and pushes the ball forward.

jaymo76
09-10-2015, 09:11 PM
Forogt to mention. I scored this beautiful header off a corner. I don't thnk I have ever done that before. I wish I would have recorded it. The game is very, very fluid.

steelerfan
09-12-2015, 11:31 AM
Put together a video of a few highlights.

https://youtu.be/k5DIIi8wYBo

souljahbill
09-12-2015, 12:04 PM
Steelerfan, which sport would you say you're a bigger fan of: American football or soccer?

steelerfan
09-12-2015, 12:24 PM
Steelerfan, which sport would you say you're a bigger fan of: American football or soccer?
I don't know.

These days I watch alot more football than I do American Football, if that means anything.

I've been a fan of the Steelers since January 1980 and I haven't missed a Steelers game since 1994. That said, Chelsea plays 50-60 matches a year and I rarely miss one. Now that I work for myself, I only miss one if I over sleep or if their kickoff conflicts with a Steelers game.

I guess the real difference is that I very rarely watch a college or NFL game that doesn't involve the Steelers or Irish. I have a tough time sitting through all of the commercials.

On the other hand, I watch dozens of football matches that don't involve Chelsea. For example, I watched Chelsea at 6:45 this morning, watched Manchester City and Crystal Palace at 9 (while keeping an eye on the other 4 matches by flipping channels) and I'm watching Manchester United and Liverpool now.

I guess you could say I'm a bigger fan of football but the Steelers still take precedence over the Blues.

souljahbill
09-12-2015, 12:33 PM
This will be my last non-FIFA comment because I don't want to derail the thread but I watch any 2 random colleges play football and I can watch any 2 random teams play an NBA game but I can only watch an NFL game if the Saints are playing. The only exception to that is the Super Bowl.

steelerfan
09-12-2015, 12:42 PM
This will be my last non-FIFA comment because I don't want to derail the thread but I watch any 2 random colleges play football and I can watch any 2 random teams play an NBA game but I can only watch an NFL game if the Saints are playing. The only exception to that is the Super Bowl.
No worries on derailing. Maybe the extra posts will draw some attention here. :D