PDA

View Full Version : WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011

NatureBoy
09-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Highlights for 2011.

New Physics System for weapons. Tables, ladders, chairs and other weapons can now be used with much more realism. You can do finishers from a ladder and put people through a table. You can lean ladders all over the place (on the ropes, against the side of the ring, etc.), set up a ladder outside the ring and jump onto a ladder inside the ring. You can throw weapons, do finishers onto weapons, etc. Also, you can sit your opponent on the top turnbuckle to set up another move.

Hell In A Cell Match revamped. Cell area made larger to make it closer to actual cell. Weapons are now under the ring like every other match. The Cell door was removed, so now if you want to escape the cell, you have to break out one of the walls instead.

WWE Universe Mode: The game defaults into this mode, which is basically a GM mode that can run without any input from you, or with as much input as you want to add. This mode creates matches, cards, PPVs, etc. Sets up rivalries, and evolves as you play. You can change the matches or just let it do its thing. Basically this is the replacement for exhibition mode, but you can easily bypass it if you want.

Road To WrestleMania mode revamped: RTWM mode now takes a more active form as you get to roam freely backstage, getting into conversations and confrontations with people and taking different paths down the road.

Downloadable Create-A-Wrestlers: This feature returns from 2010, but allows you to edit the ones you download. Last year you were stuck with whatever the creator put in for moves, entrances, music, etc. This year you'll be able to change things, making it infinitely better and more useful.

Create-A-Finisher: Many more moves added here, along with the ability to create finishers with your opponent in the corner (i.e. The Pepsi Plunge)

Multiple titles: You can now enter with two belts, so if you're the WWE and World Heavyweight Champion, you can carry both to the ring. Nameplates on the belts also accurately reflect the champion (and can actually be read).

Money In The Bank: You can win the Briefcase and cash it in for a title match.

Blood is still in game: Blood will be turned off by default, but you can turn it back on.

Divas: Divas can compete in just about any match type (Royal Rumble and First Blood excluded). Women still can't bleed, and still can't fight against men. But you can have Divas TLC or Elimination Chamber.

Entrance Nag Screen Killed: The screen asking if you want turn off entrances because you skip them has been removed (Finally!)

There will be 20 Total Arenas in the game (Including Superstars)

Tribute To The Troops Arena returns (Wal*Mart buyers get the code)

Undertaker will have his Wrestlemania XV Ministry Attire as an alternate (Toys R Us will give you the code if you pre-order from them)

Bret Hart (Classic not current) will be available on XBOX 360 and PS3 (If you get it at Best Buy, most likely will be DLC later on like Stone Cold last year)

Randy Orton has 3 alternate attires (Suit, Ref Shirt, Orton T-Shirt) (Amazon.com has the Code)

Tag Belts are Unified: You can't separate the tag belts this year, which wouldn't be too bad, but they didn't have a chance to animate entrances for tag teams carrying two belts, so if you are the unified tag champs your ring entrances will be separated (i.e. if DX are the champs you can't enter as DX, but Triple H and Shawn Michaels will enter separately each with 2 belts).

THQ Online Code: THQ is taking the same path as EA Sports and are including a code with the game that will be required to play online. If you buy the game used you'll have to pay $10 to get a new code. You do get the first DLC pack with this code (Includes Chris Masters, and alternate attires for Rey Mysterio and Kelly Kelly.

NatureBoy
09-08-2010, 09:18 PM
There are still 14 WWE Superstars that have yet to be revealed (and none of them are DLC, all will be in the game) which we will unveil in the coming weeks, and that's the bottom line!

RAW ROSTER

Bret Hart (Best Buy Pre-Order Exclusive) + 1 more way to be announced shortly
Sheamus (NEW)
David Hart Smith (NEW)
Tyson Kidd (NEW)
Alicia Fox (NEW)
The Miz
Triple H
Chris Jericho
Edge
John Cena
Randy Orton
John Morrison
R-Truth
Evan Bourne
Eve
Melina
Shawn Michaels
Batista
Mark Henry
Santino Marella
Ted DiBiase
Primo
William Regal
Zack Ryder
Vladimir Kozlov
Goldust
Yoshi Tatsu
Ezekiel Jackson
Gail Kim
Brie Bella
Nikki Bella
Natalya
Maryse

Smackdown Roster

Drew McIntyre (NEW)
Vance Archer (NEW)
Luke Gallows (NEW)
Kane
Dolph Ziggler
The Undertaker
Rey Mysterio
Big Show
CM Punk
Kofi Kingston
Jack Swagger
Christian
Kelly Kelly
Beth Phoenix
Matt Hardy
MVP
Chavo Guerrero
JTG
Shad
Cody Rhodes
Finlay
Michelle McCool
UPCOMING DLC

Chris Masters (Part of DLC Pack 1 + alt attire for Kelly Kelly and Rey Mysterio @ launch)

Nexus - Wade Barrett (Part of DLC Pack 2) - Holiday
Nexus - David Otunga (Part of DLC Pack 2) - Holiday
Nexus - Justin Gabriel (Part of DLC Pack 2) - Holiday
Diva - Layla (Part of DLC Pack 2) - Holiday
Legend - Lex Luger (Part of DLC Pack 2) - Holiday
Legend - British Bulldog (Part of DLC Pack 2) - Holiday

cdj
09-08-2010, 09:28 PM
I saw Marcus Stephenson post on twitter that some of the superstars not mentioned at today's reveal are wrestlers no longer in the WWE. He mentioned that Batista and Tiffany would be in, but she is a non-playable character.

The game sounds pretty deep this year. However, I don't follow wrestling like I used to, so a lot of these names are foreign to me. The 'WWE Universe' mode sounds pretty intriguing to me.

Thanks for posting all of the info here, NatureBoy!

JBHuskers
09-09-2010, 01:22 AM
yah, I'm definitely getting this one....

CLW
09-09-2010, 05:54 AM
I was a huge fan of the WWE back in the Attitude days. However, after about 02-03 I gradually stopped watching. That being said, I've always enjoyed the video games and hope to pick this bad boy up via GameFly.

SmoothPancakes
09-09-2010, 10:18 AM
Damn, I think I might just have to look into getting this. I haven't paid even a tiny, minuscule iota of attention to anything wrestling in years upon years, and my last wrestling game I played or owned was WWE Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain back in 2003.

But I remember the fun I had playing that game back in the day, and now that I am starting to expand my 360 collection to other sports besides NCAA and Madden (now have NHL, FIFA, golf (TW11), MLB, tennis and will eventually get a NBA game sometime down the road in the future), I think it might be time to look at adding wrestling back into my collection of games for the first time in 7 years.

JBHuskers
09-09-2010, 10:41 AM
The career modes have progressively gotten better year to year lately.

Nothingface
09-16-2010, 03:43 PM
I fit in the category of not watching wrestling programming but may give this game a purchase. I don't feel clueless about whats happening in the wrestling world when I can just read whats going on through many wrestling sites. You tube helps as well if something interesting happens (which isnt often). I don't even have a favorite wrestler....hmm...I wonder who i'll choose? I could just download GANGREL from somebody. Yep yep.

JBHuskers
09-16-2010, 04:29 PM
I fit in the category of not watching wrestling programming but may give this game a purchase. I don't feel clueless about whats happening in the wrestling world when I can just read whats going on through many wrestling sites. You tube helps as well if something interesting happens (which isnt often). I don't even have a favorite wrestler....hmm...I wonder who i'll choose? I could just download GANGREL from somebody. Yep yep.

Something interesting like this..... :D :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O-lVLj6E5g

Gotta love Jericho.

JeffHCross
09-18-2010, 07:17 PM
The best part was how much Jericho got cheered for talking back to Cole. Everyone in the arena is equally sick of Cole's "May I have your attention please" crap.

cdj
09-19-2010, 11:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjSmgqht8q4&feature=player_embedded

JBHuskers
09-20-2010, 08:34 AM
The best part was how much Jericho got cheered for talking back to Cole. Everyone in the arena is equally sick of Cole's "May I have your attention please" crap.

I think everyone is sick of Cole in general, both him and King are horrible.

JBHuskers
10-18-2010, 03:17 PM
New vid of a full tables match between MVP and HHH straight from the SvR11 team!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld0cx6wYANc

Coachdenz
10-21-2010, 07:51 PM
do we have to buy axxcess or is it a code that comes with the game

JeffHCross
10-21-2010, 08:27 PM
"Online Axxess is available with redemption of a single-use access code found on the back of the game manual included with original retail"

Presumably, they released it early to DLC sources so people would make that mistake.

Coachdenz
10-21-2010, 09:26 PM
"Online Axxess is available with redemption of a single-use access code found on the back of the game manual included with original retail"

Presumably, they released it early to DLC sources so people would make that mistake.

thanks, just placed the order last night for my son and just wanted to make sure he would have everything on Tuesday.

JeffHCross
10-24-2010, 01:36 PM
yah, I'm definitely getting this one....I'll be very interested in what you think of SvR. I was definitely leaning toward EA MMA until I read a little more on SvR's WWE Universe mode. My problem for the last few years of SvR has been with the career mode. That's all I really have interest in playing. So being able to create a lot of fighters and put them all into WWE Universe mode is pretty much perfect.

JeffHCross
10-24-2010, 06:18 PM
Coach D, you might want to take a look at this. I'm not totally sure if it's what was on the PS Store / XBL or not.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/30953/New_THQ_Fan_Axxess_Program_Tries_OneTime_Fee_For_O ngoing_DLC.php

JBHuskers
10-25-2010, 10:54 AM
I'll be very interested in what you think of SvR. I was definitely leaning toward EA MMA until I read a little more on SvR's WWE Universe mode. My problem for the last few years of SvR has been with the career mode. That's all I really have interest in playing. So being able to create a lot of fighters and put them all into WWE Universe mode is pretty much perfect.

There are some good CAW's and story modes were decent too last year. I didn't dig into 2010 as much as I wanted to. I'm not sure I'm getting this tomorrow yet....have to look at the finances.

cdj
10-26-2010, 06:25 PM
For anyone who has it, what are your thoughts on it? I may look into it down the line...

JeffHCross
10-26-2010, 07:40 PM
There are some good CAW's and story modes were decent too last year.The problem I had with the recent changes to Story Mode is that they were focused on just a few wrestlers. That's fun and all for fans of those wrestlers, but nine times out of 10 I play with CAWs.

Coachdenz
10-26-2010, 09:09 PM
For anyone who has it, what are your thoughts on it? I may look into it down the line...

my son loves it, I haven't got around to playing it yet, but looks like alot of fun, easy to download CAW from online, etc. etc. one thing that I have noticed is you can't have a title match during normal play only in PPV ( or normal I mean WWE Universe Mode) unless somebody knows something we don't.

1st thing I'm going to try is online royal rumble.

JeffHCross
10-26-2010, 09:23 PM
Denz, give this a read about title matches: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/wwesmackdownvsraw2011/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-56887200&pid=996718

Or this: http://www.fireproclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25834&p=563617

Coachdenz
10-26-2010, 09:29 PM
Denz, give this a read about title matches: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/wwesmackdownvsraw2011/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-56887200&pid=996718

Or this: http://www.fireproclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25834&p=563617

thanks

NatureBoy
10-27-2010, 10:00 AM
I got this yesterday from Best Buy and i'm having a blast with it so far. I was able to download a created AJ Styles, Kurt Angle, Razor Ramon, Hulk Hogan and Vader last night. The guys who did them did a great job. I was playing a Royal Rumble, the created Razor Ramon came out. Lawler and Cole both called him "The Bad Guy". I thought that was pretty cool.

If anyone gets this for the 360 and wants to play a online Royal Rumble, let me know.

JBHuskers
10-27-2010, 10:16 AM
I got this yesterday from Best Buy and i'm having a blast with it so far. I was able to download a created AJ Styles, Kurt Angle, Razor Ramon, Hulk Hogan and Vader last night. The guys who did them did a great job. I was playing a Royal Rumble, the created Razor Ramon came out. Lawler and Cole both called him "The Bad Guy". I thought that was pretty cool.

If anyone gets this for the 360 and wants to play a online Royal Rumble, let me know.

Nice...I'm hoping to get it for 360 this week possibly....

Coachdenz
10-28-2010, 08:15 AM
I played the online royal rumble, it was laggy, but still fun. While you wait for your guy to come out, it will give you questions on who you think will be the next to come out, or who you think will be the next to go over the rope and rewards you points for guessing right.

JeffHCross
10-28-2010, 07:09 PM
I thought that was pretty cool. Natch, this ought to be up your alley. I saw a video of customizing wrestlers for WWE Universe mode, and I saw that you could change the brand of the various wrestlers. What caught my eye is that it seemed like there might be a custom logo maker, but also that they had the last WCW logo as a pre-set logo.

Think you could check it out and tell me what you can do with that? I'd love to change Smackdown's roster to WCW branded or something like that if I could.

Nothingface
11-17-2010, 05:18 PM
This game is fun. However, is there anyway to go back and complete challenges after finishing the road to wrestlemania's?

NatureBoy
11-17-2010, 10:28 PM
Natch, this ought to be up your alley. I saw a video of customizing wrestlers for WWE Universe mode, and I saw that you could change the brand of the various wrestlers. What caught my eye is that it seemed like there might be a custom logo maker, but also that they had the last WCW logo as a pre-set logo.

Think you could check it out and tell me what you can do with that? I'd love to change Smackdown's roster to WCW branded or something like that if I could.Yes, it's in the pre-set. You can put your wrestlers on Raw, Smackdown, ECW and WCW. I put all of the created wrestlers I downloaded online in WCW. Pretty cool IMO.

JeffHCross
11-17-2010, 10:40 PM
Yes, it's in the pre-set. You can put your wrestlers on Raw, Smackdown, ECW and WCW. I put all of the created wrestlers I downloaded online in WCW. Pretty cool IMO.Does it change anything when you change them to WCW? Or is it just window-dressing, basically?

JBHuskers
11-17-2010, 10:52 PM
Yes, it's in the pre-set. You can put your wrestlers on Raw, Smackdown, ECW and WCW. I put all of the created wrestlers I downloaded online in WCW. Pretty cool IMO.

Yeah I was skeptical about the Universe mode at first, but I'm about two weeks into it and really digging it.

Nothingface
11-18-2010, 01:08 AM
I think ill have The Great Muta just steamroll everyone.

JBHuskers
11-18-2010, 11:55 AM
I think ill have The Great Muta just steamroll everyone.

Too bad you can't spit green mist in someone's face :D

Nothingface
11-18-2010, 01:49 PM
Too bad you can't spit green mist in someone's face :D

you can dude. the muta i d/l had the green mist.

JBHuskers
11-18-2010, 02:09 PM
you can dude. the muta i d/l had the green mist.

:-o NICE!

NatureBoy
11-18-2010, 09:16 PM
Does it change anything when you change them to WCW? Or is it just window-dressing, basically? Nah, it doesn't change a thing.

CLW
11-19-2010, 09:56 AM
I havent played a wrestling game in years but am getting that twitch. Is it a definite buy or is it better to rent (via GameFly) first?

Nothingface
11-19-2010, 10:32 AM
I havent played a wrestling game in years but am getting that twitch. Is it a definite buy or is it better to rent (via GameFly) first?

If you haven't played in years then i'd say pick it up. Howeevr, set the difficulty too hard, as normal is FAR too easy. I'm talkin squash matches in a few minutes. The Road to wrestlemania stories are fun and the inclusion of WWE Universe gives the game replay value. Download CAWS from others with the ability to edit is nice. Big roster as well but many need to be unlocked.

Nothingface
11-19-2010, 10:34 AM
This game is fun. However, is there anyway to go back and complete challenges after finishing the road to wrestlemania's?

no answer for this huh?

JBHuskers
11-19-2010, 10:52 AM

What are you meaning with complete challenges?

JBHuskers
11-19-2010, 11:20 AM
I found this on YouTube LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucQnG_D4d5k

Nothingface
11-19-2010, 04:58 PM
There are challenge matches that happen during RTWM. Win or lose....you do it once and the storyline continues. Obviously you want to win those to unlock some things. I needed to know if theres anyway to go back and complete the ones I lost at.

JBHuskers
11-19-2010, 05:35 PM
There are challenge matches that happen during RTWM. Win or lose....you do it once and the storyline continues. Obviously you want to win those to unlock some things. I needed to know if theres anyway to go back and complete the ones I lost at.

Reload the save file....it allows you to save up to 15 or 18 different saves for RTWM I think.

CLW
01-09-2011, 12:49 AM
Anyone Still playing this? Wanting to "boost" the Rumble Online trophies.

JeffHCross
01-09-2011, 08:02 AM
I'm still planning to play it, but tough to find time. I would think it would be very tough to boost the Rumble online trophies, unless you can play a Rumble with just two people.

CLW
01-09-2011, 09:15 AM
I'm still planning to play it, but tough to find time. I would think it would be very tough to boost the Rumble online trophies, unless you can play a Rumble with just two people.

Yeah that is what PS3 Trophies suggested you do play a 2 person online Rumble.

JeffHCross
01-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Yeah that is what PS3 Trophies suggested you do play a 2 person online Rumble.If you want to plan on doing that next weekend, I should be around and available. Would be fun.

CLW
01-09-2011, 05:26 PM
If you want to plan on doing that next weekend, I should be around and available. Would be fun.

LOL I selected the free 7 day trial for the game last night so it will have to be Friday night or Saturday night.

JeffHCross
01-09-2011, 06:03 PM
Ah, I thought you bought it new. I should be available Friday or Saturday though.

CLW
01-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Ah, I thought you bought it new. I should be available Friday or Saturday though.

LOL No. I dunno why but for some reason the wife is happy with me spending $40 per month for GameFly game rentals over actually buying games.

HawkFan
01-10-2011, 12:01 PM
I found this on YouTube LOL

That's awesome, I love how the Alabama coach is very feminine in the video.

JBHuskers
01-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Anyone Still playing this? Wanting to "boost" the Rumble Online trophies.

I am, but have it for 360.

CLW
01-10-2011, 03:58 PM
I am, but have it for 360.

360? What's up with dat?

Kingpin32
01-10-2011, 04:57 PM
I had to get this since it was only 20 bucks on Walmart.com. Mine should be in on Friday

JeffHCross
02-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Kingpin, let me know if you want to boost the online trophies. CLW and I didn't get a chance to play.

JeffHCross
02-07-2011, 09:55 PM
The DLC for SvR is full of fail. Having to download 9 individual add-ons (all free because I got Fan Axxess), each of which are 5 MB (inexplicably, arenas, attire, and new characters are all the same size), each of which have to connect to the PSN Store, can't be downloaded in the background, and cause the WWE Store to refresh on every install.

Sigh.

JeffHCross
05-08-2011, 08:21 PM
Sigh. After brute forcing my way through some trophies while PSN is down, I'm seeing more and more flaws in SvR.

Ugh.

JBHuskers
05-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Sigh. After brute forcing my way through some trophies while PSN is down, I'm seeing more and more flaws in SvR.

Ugh.

Definitely list them....this guy is part of the community team for SvR :)

SmoothPancakes
05-09-2011, 12:00 AM

I second the first part. I haven't played SvR a lot lately but plan on getting back into it sometime in the next month or two, after I've whittled down my list of games to play. So I definitely would like to have an idea of what flaws to look out for.

Kingpin32
05-09-2011, 12:37 AM

What community team are you not a part of? :P

JBHuskers
05-09-2011, 08:31 AM

Everything else besides this and EA Tiburon games. :D

JeffHCross
05-09-2011, 09:15 PM

Everything else besides this and EA Tiburon games. :D
Community Whore.

JBHuskers
05-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Community Whore.
:check:

JeffHCross
05-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Alright, I'll move my edit to a new thing:

The biggest thing that bugs me, JB, is all of the moves that are a set piece and require the participants to be a certain distance apart. I understand that's part of an animation engine, but it's so totally jarring to see someone be down near the corner or ropes and then see them float across the mat to be the right distance away. It completely eliminates the immersion, whatever there is. I realize that in real life the wrestlers put each other in certain in-ring positions in order to execute those moves, but there has to be a middle ground somewhere between the two.

They've come a long way, but that stuff continues to make me shake my head.

They could also go a long way with having animations blend better based on triggers. I've hit :ps3tri: for a sig or finisher, see my wrestler lean down to start a grapple, and then stand straight up and go into the finisher. Again, jarring and killing immersion.

As I mentioned on the last page, their entire process for DLC could use some help. It takes forever to download multiple pieces of DLC, thanks to the interface, the load times, and the size of the files. Using either the PS Store proper or just finding a way to allow multiple downloads at once (especially for Online Axxess members that get everything free) would be huge.

One final thing, and this is something I'm getting annoyed with by a lot of developers ... if you're going to give us ridiculous trophies that require counting, a way to check progress/status would be very welcome. I love how Transformers:WfC and Mass Effect 2 pop-up in game and tell me how many of X I've done. Usually they tell me that before I even realize it's a trophy. I wouldn't ask SvR to do that, but it'd be very nice to see a "profile" screen that tells you how many X, Y, and Z you've done.

If nothing else, it's a nice way to make sure your trophy hasn't glitched.

SmoothPancakes
05-09-2011, 10:04 PM
One final thing, and this is something I'm getting annoyed with by a lot of developers ... if you're going to give us ridiculous trophies that require counting, a way to check progress/status would be very welcome. I love how Transformers:WfC and Mass Effect 2 pop-up in game and tell me how many of X I've done. Usually they tell me that before I even realize it's a trophy. I wouldn't ask SvR to do that, but it'd be very nice to see a "profile" screen that tells you how many X, Y, and Z you've done.

If nothing else, it's a nice way to make sure your trophy hasn't glitched.

While I agree with everything else Jeff mentioned, I especially agree with this comment. Much like our resident PS3 trophy whores, I am the Xbox 360 counterpart as an achievement whore. There are games I will intentionally go out of my way to get various achievements just to try and either get a full 1000/1000 gamerscore on the game or as close to 1000 as I can on my skills. I have not been above plugging in a second controller on past NCAA Football and Madden games and doing two controller methods to get some of the more difficult achievements.

Therefore, as mentioned, with the various achievements requiring counting, I would love to be able to have a place to look up how much of this I have and how many more of that I need to do to get the achievement. I have had numerous instances in the past with tons of glitched achievements, particularly in 2K sports games (I'm especially looking at you MLB 2K), so there are some games where I am always wondering if there is going to be an achievement that might be glitched, and I would like to have a screen to look at stats and see for certain if my counting is correct and it really is glitched, or if my counting is off and I'm not to the point of unlocking the achievement yet.