PDA

View Full Version : NFL Fanboy Team Previews

Rudy
09-05-2015, 06:57 AM
I thought it would be fun if people posted a detailed preview and prediction for their favourite NFL team. No post season editing of posts will be allowed! Curious to see how the season will play out afterwards.

Rudy
09-05-2015, 07:18 AM
Miami Dolphins 2015 Preview: Prediction 11-5

OFFENSE
Passing Game
The Dolphins offense underwent a major change after trading, cutting or losing most of their top pass catchers outside of Jarvis Landry but this team's offense should be better in 2015. The entire offense is built around the QB and so the season really depends a lot on Ryan Tannehill's production. He should be improved in his second year in this Chip Kelly like system and has looked really good in training camp. His deep ball is better than what he showed last year and I expect a big year out of him. He needs to improve on making more big plays and at crucial times. The WRs are very deep and talented with Landry, Stills, Jennings, first rounder DeVante Parker and Rishard Matthews. Parker looked great in the spring but another foot surgery has caused him to miss most of training camp. While
this unit is very deep and talented it still lacks a true #1 WR at the moment. For 2015 it appears they have four #2 WRs. TE will be filled by Jordan Cameron and they will hope his head stays in one piece.

Offensive Line
The offensive line could be a strength if Branden Albert returns at full strength from last year's knee injury. He didn't play in any preseason games but will probably start week 1 and combine with C Mike Pouncey and RT Juwuan James as the strength of this unit. The weakness is at guard with three young players who really haven't proven themselves but have been OK in preseason. Depth is a bit shaky.

Running Game
The running game was good last year and will be good again this year. Part of that is the spread offense they run that creates running lanes that are boosted by Tannehill's ability to run the option. Lamar Miller is an underrated RB. He has very good speed and is productive although he isn't a great pass catcher and needs to break a few more tackles. Depth is OK.

DEFENCE

Defensive Line
This should be and needs to be the strength of the defense. Miami paid huge money for Suh and he has lived up to that with a dominating camp. Last year's defense was soft up the middle and got pounded on in the second half. Suh should stop that. Mitchell, second round big Jordan Phillips and Suh's former teammate Mosley in Detroit should be a solid #2 DT group. The DEs are led by Wake and Vernon with two good young backups as well. This should be a very good pass rushing line. The one concern is Wake showed some fatigue and slow down at the end of last year and is getting old. Their DEs need to be a bit better against the run as well but this unit should be deep and dangerous.

LINEBACKER
This unit lacks any great players and the depth is all young, unproven and a bit dangerous if injuries hit. They have two very solid LBs and in today's NFL you usually don't play more than that very often (discounting edge rushers). Jelani Jenkins is great in coverage and running to the ball although he needs to be covered up as he's not a thumper. Koa Misi looks to start on the outside and can play MLB as well. He covers well and is solid in all areas if he can stay healthy. That's about it though. Cast off Kelvin Sheppard will start at MLB and is decent but certainly nothing to write home about. He'll leave the field in coverage situations and needs to take better angles to the ball. Young Chris McCain disappointed in camp and the best depth may be two undrafted LBs in Zach Vigil and Mike Hull.

DEFENSIVE BACKS
The Dolphins have two good to great players in SS Reshad Jones and Brent Grimes. Jones is a great safety while Grimes is a very good but aging and small CB. With Delmas hurt FS will go to two young players in Aikens and Thomas. The other CB spot may go to Brice McCain who is battling oft-injured but talented Jamar Taylor. The secondary is really young and while talented the depth is largely inexperienced and nobody knows how they will hold up if injuries force them into extensive playing time. The Dolphins will need a good pass rush to protect some of the youth.

SPECIAL TEAMS and COACHING
Landry is a good returner and the Dolphins have young kickers. Their place kicking is a concern as Sturgis has hit under 80% of his kicks his first two years and is inconsistent, unreliable and injury prone. Playoff teams need better kickers. He's going into his third year and they are crossing their fingers for improvement. EDIT: Sturfis got cut and they are going with a rookie kicker. Same degree of shakiness.

Philbin is a well organized coach that is usually viewed as uptight and too conservative. He's tried to loosen up more this year. His gameplans are solid but his ability to lead and motivate a team of 53 men is still a big question mark. The co-ordinators are good, particularly Lazor on offense and Rizzi on special teams.

FINAL OUTLOOK

My forecast may be a bit rosy at 11-5 but I base that on Tannehill taking another step up and being a Top 10 QB this year along with an easy schedule. Their schedule is fairly easy (opponents under .500 from last year) with the first half being spent a lot on the road but with easy opponents and the tough teams down the stretch at home. The last two years this team has finished very poorly when they needed to win to make the playoffs and should have. They were mentally soft and some selfish players were dumped. I hope that will change this year. If not I expect Philbin to get fired.

souljahbill
09-05-2015, 12:07 PM
The Saints are gonna suck.

10 wins at most. But I'm thinking 9-7.

Rudy
09-05-2015, 02:10 PM
10 wins isn't exactly sucking lol.

souljahbill
09-05-2015, 05:49 PM
10 wins isn't exactly sucking lol.

10 wins max. That's being generous

bdoughty
09-06-2015, 01:30 AM
Pittsburgh Regular Season 10-6 (Wild Card Berth)

OFFENSE
Passing Game
We can pass.

Offensive Line
Fat guys, we got em.

Running Game
We can run.

DEFENSE

Defensive Line
Wins Championships

LINEBACKER
Wins Championships

DEFENSIVE BACKS
Wins Championships

Both special and both win championships!

FINAL OUTLOOK
Wild Card Entry (Script calls for this, drama to keep the suckers glued to the TV)
Super Bowl Champions (Just lucky to have the right color scheme)
Both EA Sports and RAM have confirmed the NFL script.

Red Band Trailer: The Fish that Saved Pittsburgh 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRO7Ue6CbR0

steelerfan
09-06-2015, 02:10 AM
Lol. How do you fuck up a cinematic, EA?

Brown scores the winning TD in the yellow "Steelers" end zone but he and Ben celebrate in the red "Cardinals" end zone where Peterson agonizes.

You have to be blind, retarded or lazy to let that go. You could also have a case of "I don't give a fuck" which seems to be prevalent amongst the Madden team.

:fp:

jaymo76
09-06-2015, 03:10 AM
:Oakland_Raiders: 8-8

After a slow start Derek Carr will have a breakout season and Amari Cooper will lead the team in recieving yards. Latavius Murray will go for over 1,000 yards rushing and the offense will have a real punch in the red zone.

The D will have a huge improvement as well and RE Kalil Mack will have a monster season. This will be a positive first step in returning the Raiders to greatness.

steelerfan
09-09-2015, 08:43 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers 11-5

The Steelers are off to a rough start already with Pouncey on the IR with Designation and suspensions to Bell and Bryant. Coupled with the league's toughest schedule and Tom Brady dodging suspension and not alot has gone right in the last month.

That said, Pittsburgh has the potential to hang 30 on anyone and should have a top 5 offense and could easily be #1. Of course, injuries could derail all of that but if they can stay healthy and survive without the known absences, the Steelers are poised to have the most prolific offense in franchise history.

Defense is where the questions lie. If the Steelers are at all competent on D, they'll win alot just by outscoring their opponents but I'm not sure they'll be competent.

The retirements of Troy Polamalu, Ike Taylor, Jason Worilds and Brett Keisel (not officially retired) aren't going to have as big an impact on the field as most people think.

Polamalu and Taylor both missed significant time last year and weren't very good when they did play. Worilds was going to be gone whether he retired or not and Keisel has been replaced and would not start if he were around.

Pittsburgh has a plethora of talented linebackers but it is time for someone to step up and be a playmaker besides Lawrence Timmons. If the Steelers fail to pressure the QB like last year, they will suffer with a bad secondary. The Steelers have not made splash plays on defense or forced many turnovers the last few years and that is what is separating this team from the Super Bowl.

If they can make big plays on defense, the sky is the limit. If not (which is admittedly more likely) they'll be good but not great. If they suffer through a rash of injuries, they'll be average. I think they'll win 10-12 games but will crash out in the AFC Playoffs.

Rudy
09-09-2015, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I read the steeler secondary is suspect.

skipwondah33
09-09-2015, 04:17 PM
Yeah, I read the steeler secondary is suspect.Any Secondary is suspect without pressure, big names aren't needed back there but they get exposed if the QB has time to make ham sammiches dropping back lol.

The Steelers have never truly had a dominating Secondary to my knowledge...but that wasn't noticed because usually the QB was in a hurry to get rid of the ball or was peeling himself off the ground

JBHuskers
09-09-2015, 04:20 PM
New Staff Shows Improvement, But Not Enough In Year One

Chicago Bears 8-8

The offense clicks better as Cutler responds better to the new offensive system with a career high quarterback rating of 95.2. The loss of Kevin White is probably what will keep the offense from being elite and pulling the team into the playoffs. Eddie Royal will have a resurgence in his career with an 75 catch 1000 yard 7 TD season opposite of Alshon Jeffery on the outside and also used in the slot. Forte shows some sign of getting old, but still tops 1000 yards, but has a significant decrease in pass catches. Backup Jeremy Langford also runs for 500 yards to show that the future could be bring if Forte needs to ease up on the workload.

The defense is still a mess, but show's a lot more solidarity under Fox. Unfortunately they end up ranked 25th against the pass, though an improvement from last year, it is still not good enough. The bright spots come from the young linebacking core, but it is clear that the defensive line and backs will need to be improved through the draft or free agency next year to make that next step into the playoffs.

Detroit takes a step back and Minnesota takes a step forward, and Chicago ends up in the middle for 3rd in the NFC North at 8-8, and still could be a couple years away from a run in the playoffs again.

souljahbill
09-20-2015, 03:27 PM

First part still stands. Second part is too nice.

0-16

Rudy
09-20-2015, 06:30 PM
Miami loses to the Jags. Their DL has done nothing this year and the OL is struggling too. No running game or attempt at one. One bright spot today was Tannehill. Secondary sucked, penalties and all kinds of crap. The young guards need to be better and losing Albert with a hammy wasn't good either.

steelerfan
09-20-2015, 06:37 PM
I stand by my pick.

And Bell comes back next week. :nod:

Here We Go, Steelers!

JBHuskers
09-21-2015, 10:54 AM
I stand by my pick.

And Bell comes back next week. :nod:

Here We Go, Steelers!

Bell = $$$ for me :nod:

skipwondah33
01-04-2016, 08:55 AM
Pittsburgh Regular Season 10-6 (Wild Card Berth)

OFFENSE
Passing Game
We can pass.

Offensive Line
Fat guys, we got em.

Running Game
We can run.

DEFENSE

Defensive Line
Wins Championships

LINEBACKER
Wins Championships

DEFENSIVE BACKS
Wins Championships

Both special and both win championships!

FINAL OUTLOOK
Wild Card Entry (Script calls for this, drama to keep the suckers glued to the TV)
Super Bowl Champions (Just lucky to have the right color scheme)
Both EA Sports and RAM have confirmed the NFL script.

Red Band Trailer: The Fish that Saved Pittsburgh 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRO7Ue6CbR0

Pittsburgh Steelers 11-5

The Steelers are off to a rough start already with Pouncey on the IR with Designation and suspensions to Bell and Bryant. Coupled with the league's toughest schedule and Tom Brady dodging suspension and not alot has gone right in the last month.

That said, Pittsburgh has the potential to hang 30 on anyone and should have a top 5 offense and could easily be #1. Of course, injuries could derail all of that but if they can stay healthy and survive without the known absences, the Steelers are poised to have the most prolific offense in franchise history.

Defense is where the questions lie. If the Steelers are at all competent on D, they'll win alot just by outscoring their opponents but I'm not sure they'll be competent.

The retirements of Troy Polamalu, Ike Taylor, Jason Worilds and Brett Keisel (not officially retired) aren't going to have as big an impact on the field as most people think.

Polamalu and Taylor both missed significant time last year and weren't very good when they did play. Worilds was going to be gone whether he retired or not and Keisel has been replaced and would not start if he were around.

Pittsburgh has a plethora of talented linebackers but it is time for someone to step up and be a playmaker besides Lawrence Timmons. If the Steelers fail to pressure the QB like last year, they will suffer with a bad secondary. The Steelers have not made splash plays on defense or forced many turnovers the last few years and that is what is separating this team from the Super Bowl.

If they can make big plays on defense, the sky is the limit. If not (which is admittedly more likely) they'll be good but not great. If they suffer through a rash of injuries, they'll be average. I think they'll win 10-12 games but will crash out in the AFC Playoffs.Not bad gentleman

Let's hope they finish this thing out! Will be likely relying on a 3rd string RB just like last year's playoffs. Atleast this one wasn't signed 5 days before the game though

steelerfan
01-04-2016, 10:40 AM
Not bad gentleman

Let's hope they finish this thing out! Will be likely relying on a 3rd string RB just like last year's playoffs. Atleast this one wasn't signed 5 days before the game though
Williams is having an MRI today. Let's hope for the best (at least that he can play down the line of they advance).

skipwondah33
01-04-2016, 10:52 AM
Williams is having an MRI today. Let's hope for the best (at least that he can play down the line of they advance).Definitely hoping that is the case.

Severely sprained ankles are a pain.

Rudy
01-04-2016, 02:54 PM
I was terrible.

JBHuskers
01-04-2016, 05:03 PM
New Staff Shows Improvement, But Not Enough In Year One

Chicago Bears 8-8

They ended up 6-10, but I was pretty spot on with a lot of stuff.

The offense clicks better as Cutler responds better to the new offensive system with a career high quarterback rating of 95.2.

92.3, not terribly far off. He was definitely a better QB under Fox and Gase.

The loss of Kevin White is probably what will keep the offense from being elite and pulling the team into the playoffs. Eddie Royal will have a resurgence in his career with an 75 catch 1000 yard 7 TD season opposite of Alshon Jeffery on the outside and also used in the slot.

Forte shows some sign of getting old, but still tops 1000 yards, but has a significant decrease in pass catches. Backup Jeremy Langford also runs for 500 yards to show that the future could be bring if Forte needs to ease up on the workload.

Forte had 898, Langford had 537. Forte probably won't be re-signed this year, and Langford starts in 2016.

I was off on Royal as he and Jeffrey were both hurt most of the year.

The defense is still a mess, but show's a lot more solidarity under Fox. Unfortunately they end up ranked 25th against the pass, though an improvement from last year, it is still not good enough. The bright spots come from the young linebacking core, but it is clear that the defensive line and backs will need to be improved through the draft or free agency next year to make that next step into the playoffs.

Detroit takes a step back and Minnesota takes a step forward, and Chicago ends up in the middle for 3rd in the NFC North at 8-8, and still could be a couple years away from a run in the playoffs again.

I was way off on this as the defense gelled late in the year and was 4th in the league in yards per game for the pass defense. The run defense was 10th. They did give up a good deal of points though.

souljahbill
01-05-2016, 02:53 PM

I'm dyslexic apparently.

I was right about the Saints sucking though.