PDA

View Full Version : Madden 16 CFM Discussion

jaymo76
08-26-2015, 12:01 PM
I just heard about this this morning but I figure it's worthy of its own thread and very important to people like myself who are franchise only guys. Kolbe, creative director in charge of CFM was on Gamechangers radio last night and his advice is to NOT starting playing CFM until after the first patch.

The progression/regression bug, as I mentioned in my review is a real game killer. There are some players who have over 100 in some categories and conversely many players mostly backups who have zero in their ratings. In game goals are not supposed to impact progression but they do.

Also, the draft is borked as rookie players have significanlty better attributes than current NFL superstars.

CLW
08-26-2015, 01:27 PM
Thanks man for keeping up to date on this.

I'm going to try to get a CFM going (taking Tebow to the HOF) so I'll wait until these issues are resolved.

JBHuskers
08-27-2015, 03:13 PM
I usually don't start a CFM until the rosters are finalized for the regular season.

jaymo76
08-27-2015, 09:07 PM
Sound like the complaints have been heard. Apparently Rex Dickson was quoted as saying that CFM needs attention and will be a focus moving forwards. What that means however is anyones guess.

steelerfan
08-27-2015, 09:33 PM
Sound like the complaints have been heard. Apparently Rex Dickson was quoted as saying that CFM needs attention and will be a focus moving forwards. What that means however is anyones guess.
Hopefully, that is good news for Madden 17. I'd really like to get back into this series but the CFM shortcomings preclude that at the present time.

Do Play Now and CFM still have different settings? I know in 12 the Accelerated Clock settings were different. To play 15-minute quarters, I needed something like :17 and could go no lower than like :20 in Franchise Mode. It was infuriating and made no sense in any way.

jaymo76
08-27-2015, 09:41 PM
Hopefully, that is good news for Madden 17. I'd really like to get back into this series but the CFM shortcomings preclude that at the present time.

Do Play Now and CFM still have different settings? I know in 12 the Accelerated Clock settings were different. To play 15-minute quarters, I needed something like :17 and could go no lower than like :20 in Franchise Mode. It was infuriating and made no sense in any way.

Yes they do. The kicker is that special teams sliders are split during play now. Also during play now you can have cpu vs cpu, you can switch the cpu's uniform, you can switch control to the other team during the game, etc.

steelerfan
08-27-2015, 09:46 PM
Yes they do. The kicker is that special teams sliders are split during play now. Also during play now you can have cpu vs cpu, you can switch the cpu's uniform, you can switch control to the other team during the game, etc.
I was clear about this (sent feedback to the devs) in 12 and I'm not going back to Madden until it is corrected. Obviously, I'm not holding my breath.

I have NO IDEA how having different Settings and Sliders for Play Now and CFM makes ANY sense to anyone. To me, it's just a case of "I don't give a shit".

Rudy
08-27-2015, 10:15 PM
Some decisions are mind boggling. I really want formation subs and a custom cam too. I'd love a Tecmo cam.

jaymo76
09-04-2015, 02:30 AM
Man this mode is borked right now!

I moved Oakland to Oklahoma in my test dynasty. Currently I am playing in game 4 of the preseason vs the Giants.

Issues:

subs are borked.
-even though NY has three QB's, to start the 2nd Q Sean Weatherford (P) is the starting QB

player goals are just ridiculous
-they have no basis of reality

commentary off as usual...

flags are non stop when the subs come in as they tend to have low ratings for discipline

drive goals as modifiers... game killer until patched
-currently 17 players have +1 up to +4 ovr due to goals

jaymo76
09-04-2015, 02:33 AM
Another pet peeve. The Oklahoma Night Hawks play at Night Hawk Field yet at the start of the game, the name changes to Maitland Field aka "the campus" (I assume because Tiburon is in Maitland...). This kind of stuff just kills immersion.

jaymo76
09-04-2015, 02:37 AM
Auto subs does not work. What does work however is turning up fatigue. Currently I have it at 60 but even this will not give you realistic stats.

steelerfan
09-04-2015, 03:53 AM
What a pile of crap. CFM is a joke and offline gaming is dead for American Football.

I honestly don't know how or why you guys continue to put up with this. Until they show that they care at all about the offline gamer and the CFM experience, Madden 12 will remain my last Madden.

MUT is all they care about.

jaymo76
09-04-2015, 04:21 AM
Played my first full CFM regular season game. All Pro 11 min quarters and only changed int to 30 and cpu rb block to 60. I won the game 17-10 as Morris scored a TD with 39 seconds left. It was a rreally tough game.

Here are some stats: food for thought...

Bortles 10/27 94 yards 1 TD
Carr 13/25 130 yards 1 TD

Martin 12 carries 31 yards 2.5 ypc
Morris 24 carries 122 yards 1 TD 5.0 ypc

2 sacks for each team

T. Smith 7 solo 6 ast. 3 tfl
Lester 4 solo 4 ast. 8 tota tackles

13 pass deflections in total

Penalties
Jax: 2 for 25
Oka: 8 for 131

Possession:
Jax: 18:19
Oka: 25:41

jaymo76
09-04-2015, 04:26 AM
For the record, after one game in CFM, I now have a total of 22 players with a 99 for confidence. During the game most were at 101.

As a result players go up in ratings between 1 and 4 points overall. For exampe, my 3rd QB, Cody Fajardo is now a 65 +4 as his confidence is 92. He hasn't played a snap of the regular season but he goes up by 4 because he feels good about himself... :fp:

48 players on the team are currently imrpoved due to confidence... need I say more???

steelerfan
09-04-2015, 04:29 AM
Yeah.

No and no thank you.

bdoughty
09-04-2015, 06:55 AM
Has EA given an ETA on a patch? I would like to start my Franchise one of these days but not until some of the mess is cleaned up.

Rudy
09-04-2015, 07:28 AM
The confidence and ratings boosts are a big problem. Not starting my franchise until opening day rosters anyways. Hopefully a good patch will soon follow.

jaymo76
09-04-2015, 12:56 PM
Has EA given an ETA on a patch? I would like to start my Franchise one of these days but not until some of the mess is cleaned up.

The only thing they said was somewhat tongue in cheek... "it won't be six weeks like last year." I would suspect it's probably at least two weeks away since the certification process is so lengthy.

jaymo76
09-04-2015, 01:17 PM
The only thing they said was somewhat tongue in cheek... "it won't be six weeks like last year." I would suspect it's probably at least two weeks away since the certification process is so lengthy.

Okay well just looked at Pasta and he is reporting that the patch is "very close." He speculates next week. I still think two weeks as I suspect the goal xp glitch is a bigger issue than they are letting on.

JBHuskers
09-04-2015, 03:28 PM

What kind of problems are preventing you from starting one? I hadn't really been keeping up with the bugs and stuff as of late with being either sick or gone the better part of the past week.

bdoughty
09-04-2015, 03:56 PM
What kind of problems are preventing you from starting one? I hadn't really been keeping up with the bugs and stuff as of late with being either sick or gone the better part of the past week.

For starters, the XP glitch, which Jaymo has covered in great detail. There are a few others which are covered at the link below where the developers say not to start a CFM until the patch hits.

http://www.operationsports.com/news/851490/dont-start-your-madden-nfl-16-cfm-until-new-patch-arrives-according-to-developers/

JBHuskers
09-04-2015, 04:24 PM
For starters, the XP glitch, which Jaymo has covered in great detail. There are a few others which are covered at the link below where the developers say not to start a CFM until the patch hits.

http://www.operationsports.com/news/851490/dont-start-your-madden-nfl-16-cfm-until-new-patch-arrives-according-to-developers/

Cool, thanks!

jaymo76
09-04-2015, 05:21 PM
Not sure if it's a result of the tuner or not but game 2 of the test CFM saw significanlty improved QB play.

OKC Carr 20/30 294 yards 2 TD's
SD Rivers 14/22 197 yards 2 TD
SD Gradkowski 10/16 119 yards 1 TD

The run game however is DOA.

OKC Morris 16 carries for 57 yards and 1 TD 3.5 ypc
SD Gordon 9 carries 22 yards 2.2 ypc
* I have cpu rush block at 65... it will need to go up!!!

OKC Cooper 4 rec 104 yards 1 TD
SD Fleener 9 rec 148 yards 2 TD

Very cool to see that half sacks are now recorded!

Rudy
09-04-2015, 08:30 PM
I have cpu run block at 70 and both tackling at 40. That creates more big plays and helps.

jaymo76
09-04-2015, 09:42 PM
I have cpu run block at 70 and both tackling at 40. That creates more big plays and helps.

But do the big plays create a realistic ypc or are the rb's consistent in the ypc hence why the numbers are realistic?

jaymo76
09-05-2015, 01:31 AM
Once again, if you turn your system off and then come back later to play a CFM game, when the game compares your QB stats to last week, everything is zero for your last game. This is just so lazy. How does it get past testing... again?

jaymo76
09-05-2015, 02:50 AM
I lost my first CFM game 10-7 to Denver. The socre was flattering:

Carr 13/30 102 yards 1 TD 3 Int 43 comp %
Flynn 11/21 162 yards 1 TD

Morris 11 carries 30 yards 2.7 ypc
Anderson 22 carries 78 yards 3.5 ypc

OKC had 132 yards of total offense. maybe the confidence thing doesn't really matter???

Rudy
09-05-2015, 04:41 AM
But do the big plays create a realistic ypc or are the rb's consistent in the ypc hence why the numbers are realistic?

The bigger backs do better as they break tackles and get some longer gains. It's not perfect but I like it so far. It's hard to adjust the run blocking to a point where the CPU gets good rushing but doesn't make it impossible to stop short yardage and give automatic gains.

gigemaggs99
09-05-2015, 10:41 PM
Once again, if you turn your system off and then come back later to play a CFM game, when the game compares your QB stats to last week, everything is zero for your last game. This is just so lazy. How does it get past testing... again?

Maybe they're subscribing to the philosophy that each week is a "fresh start". :dunno:

jaymo76
09-06-2015, 03:03 AM
Getting a little frustrated about resigning logic. Sio Moore was asking for 17.1 million over 5 years. I gave it to him and he sad "no." Long story short... I am now offering him 25 million over 5 and he still says "no." He's interested but won't sign. I have given him an extra 8 million already and still nothing. What does he want???

Rudy
09-06-2015, 06:44 AM
A trade to Indy?

CLW
09-06-2015, 11:34 AM
Getting a little frustrated about resigning logic. Sio Moore was asking for 17.1 million over 5 years. I gave it to him and he sad "no." Long story short... I am now offering him 25 million over 5 and he still says "no." He's interested but won't sign. I have given him an extra 8 million already and still nothing. What does he want???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTmXHvGZiSY

jaymo76
09-06-2015, 10:14 PM
Playing against Andrew Luck and all I can say is "wow!" He was something like 22/23 for 200+ yards and 4 TD's.

souljahbill
09-07-2015, 02:20 PM
Playing against Andrew Luck and all I can say is "wow!" He was something like 22/23 for 200+ yards and 4 TD's.

Sounds like any CPU QB in NCAA '14. :D

Rudy
09-07-2015, 03:56 PM
I've had some games like that but there really is a variety. Every time I play against Bradford he gets hurt. I do have injuries at 60 but he gets hurt in first quarter all the time! And Sanchez was brutal. Held Philly to 3 points today. Default all pro is very pass friendly both in coverage and pass rush.

jaymo76
09-07-2015, 09:10 PM
I've had some games like that but there really is a variety. Every time I play against Bradford he gets hurt. I do have injuries at 60 but he gets hurt in first quarter all the time! And Sanchez was brutal. Held Philly to 3 points today. Default all pro is very pass friendly both in coverage and pass rush.

In my CFM Bradford is out for 56 weeks!!! Something with his back. As to bizarre seeings... Roethlisberger is out and Chad Henne has led Pitt to three wins out of three and has been player of the week back-to-back. What???

jaymo76
09-08-2015, 12:55 AM
I'm curious if there is some sort of homefield advantage in this game? I am currently 4-0 at home and 0-3 on the road. That never happens to me. My team just plays so much better at home.

Rudy
09-08-2015, 04:30 AM
Could be confidence? Isn't that over powered right now and buggy?

CLW
09-08-2015, 09:54 AM
So.... do we know when CFM is going to get patched to the point where it is playable (other than to sim for the easy trophies)

gschwendt
09-08-2015, 11:17 AM
So.... do we know when CFM is going to get patched to the point where it is playable (other than to sim for the easy trophies)
It was submitted to Sony/MS and EA is hopeful that it will be pushed out sometime this week if everything goes smoothly.

jaymo76
09-08-2015, 06:58 PM
Could be confidence? Isn't that over powered right now and buggy?

Possibly but all my players are at 100 or higher so it should benefit me?

Rudy
09-09-2015, 06:01 AM
I've read the third stage of scouting, true rating, is flawed and false. You are better off ignoring it.

souljahbill
09-09-2015, 06:31 AM
I've read the third stage of scouting, true rating, is flawed and false. You are better off ignoring it.

How is that even possible?

CLW
09-09-2015, 02:18 PM
So.... now that the 1st patch is out I hope CFM is at least playable - but I'll wait around to here the good word before diving in.

bdoughty
09-09-2015, 06:00 PM
So.... now that the 1st patch is out I hope CFM is at least playable - but I'll wait around to here the good word before diving in.

Ditto. I shall let the Ambiguous Canadian Duo let me know when it safe to start.

jaymo76
09-09-2015, 06:36 PM

How is that even possible?

Really? In the sense that the rating is not the correct 3rd highest attribute or that the stock in the draft is wrong?

jaymo76
09-09-2015, 06:39 PM
Ditto. I shall let the Ambiguous Canadian Duo let me know when it safe to start.

We prefer the name Bob and Doug...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssCZWBtwUTI

Rudy
09-09-2015, 06:49 PM
Really? In the sense that the rating is not the correct 3rd highest attribute or that the stock in the draft is wrong?

I am going to post some quotes from OS. True rating just tricks you. I would expect it to be more accurate, not less.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/854203-scouting-drafting-hows-your-experience.html

I really just don't understand it at this point, to be honest.

I hired the highest level scout that I could (lvl 23). When I scout people, as everyone knows, I am shown the current projected draft position, and then a true value once I complete scouting. What has me confused, is that true value seems like complete BS.

For example I had a top 5 pick and needed a WR. There was a WR projected as an 'early 1st round' pick. I completed my scouting and his 'True value' was listed as 'early first round' and it changed his little diamond green. I drafted him thinking it was safe based on his true value, and then it tells me it was a huge reach, and that he was the 53rd best player in the draft.

In the very same draft I scouted a QB projected as mid 4th round. After scouting him it said his true value was as a early 4th round pick. I selected him in the late third round, and he was an 84 overall QB, and was the 2nd best overall player in the entire draft.

Now, while it was exciting to select the QB and get a steal, what is the point in scouting for a players 'true value' if that is complete 100% BS. I mean, I'm not saying it needs to give the exact spot a player should be rated. But, if a player is the 53rd best player in the draft it shouldnt tell me the 'true value' is early first. If a player is the 2nd best player in the draft it shouldn't tell me that the 'true value' is early 4th. Something at least a little closer to the real spot would be nice. As it stand it seems like you should ignore the 'true value' metric completely.

Thats good then a cpu team took a round 3 rated wr 2 rounds Early! Lucky for you I say. If he was rated round 1 pick he would not fall to round 3 just because you scouted him correctly. Means you did not waste a round 1 pick on him.

With the small sample size I have, I think you can ignore the "true rating". I had the 4th pick in the draft and desperately needed a QB. There were 2 that were projected to go in the top 10:

QB-1
Arm Strength: B
Med Accuracy: A
Throw on Run: C
Combine numbers: Probably a statue in the pocket
true rating: high 1st

QB-2
Arm Strength: A
Deep Accuracy: B+
Throw on Run: B
Combine numbers: Not a running QB, but some mobility
true rating: mid 2nd

I felt I preferred the 2nd QB despite the "true rating". The decision was made easy when Arizona snatched QB-1 one pick before me. I took QB-2 and he came in rated 79 overall with 93 THP, 79 DAC, 81 MAC, 80 SAC. I took a look at QB-1: 75 OVR, 85 THP, 61 DAC, 85 MAC, 88 SAC.

For what I was looking for I got the right guy. Even if the analysis box that popped up told me he was the 53rd best player in the draft and I reached.

gschwendt
09-10-2015, 06:14 AM
Apparently at least two bad bugs still exist: OTs regress up to 25 points in PBK (without affecting OVR) and accelerated clock in User vs User games does not work.

Jake Stein has stated the team is aware of the accelerated clock issue; I haven't seen any comments yet in the OT issue.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

bdoughty
09-10-2015, 07:01 AM
Someone at OS said the Player likeness Add On is now available. Check the add-on section, not an automatic download.

Rudy
09-10-2015, 09:39 AM
People are claiming the tuner is screwing up the gameplay in franchise and should be deleted. I don't know how true this is. Complaints about cpu qb play mostly.

JBHuskers
09-10-2015, 10:29 AM
Started my CFM last night, but the roster isn't updated, so I may start over once that happens as I only played two games last night.

In those two games the total points were around mid-30's and neither CPU QB topped 100 yards passing.

Is anyone using a pre-existing slider set that is good?

Deuce
09-10-2015, 10:36 AM
Is CFM even playable? I've been reading everything Rudy and Jaymo have posted and it sounds like I wasted 60 bucks. I only play offline dynasty. I was hoping to get in a month of playtime before Fifa 16 drops but it still sounds like CFM is borked. Ugh.

Rudy
09-10-2015, 10:41 AM
I would hold off right now. Confidence gets out of control and the LT regression glitch is bad. I may start a test franchise when the new rosters come out tomorrow and see for myself.

Deuce
09-10-2015, 10:46 AM
Thx Rudy...that's what I thought. Once Fifa is out I'll be done with madden.

Sucks cause I do like the gameplay. Would have loved to see what NCAA looked like with this kind of gameplay. :(

Rudy
09-10-2015, 11:29 AM
I was thinking about NCAA the other day. Playing with a true spread is fun and it's hard to beat recruiting and building a program. That was always fun.

CLW
09-10-2015, 02:39 PM
I would hold off right now. Confidence gets out of control and the LT regression glitch is bad. I may start a test franchise when the new rosters come out tomorrow and see for myself.

Good lord - someday I'd like to know how the hell this stuff gets past QA or it doesn't get past QA and EA just says f it we will patch it (or not) later.

bdoughty
09-10-2015, 04:02 PM
Good lord - someday I'd like to know how the hell this stuff gets past QA or it doesn't get past QA and EA just says f it we will patch it (or not) later.

Someone in the QA caught both, I am sure of that. They either did not catch them quick enough or was a low priority and did not make it in time to be in this particular patch. With the NFL Season starting today they had to be under some pressure to get the patch to Sony/EA quick enough to pass cert before the season starts.

Rudy
09-10-2015, 07:58 PM
We let the Dev team off the hook with too much blame going to minimum wage qa testers. Some things are obscure but some are blatant and simply playing a franchise would reveal some of this. I figure most of the play testing is done head to head rather than against CPU and certainly not much playing in franchise. The core guys have to test this stuff themselves.

jaymo76
09-10-2015, 08:08 PM
We let the Dev team off the hook with too much blame going to minimum wage qa testers. Some things are obscure but some are blatant and simply playing a franchise would reveal some of this. I figure most of the play testing is done head to head rather than against CPU and certainly not much playing in franchise. The core guys have to test this stuff themselves.

What's really frustrating is that so many issues are easy to find. Hell, I found most within my 10 hours of EA ACCESS. I tell you what, give me a copy of the game two weeks in advance and I will play test it for free and ID all of the CFM issues within a few days.

bdoughty
09-10-2015, 08:10 PM
We let the Corporate Office and CEO off the hook with too much blame going to developers. Throwing buckets of money at a stupid commercial that could have been spent in manhours working on game and testing it, helping to prevent these things. Placing the needs of the shareholder over the customer.

Well I don't but too many people do.

souljahbill
09-10-2015, 08:47 PM
We let the Corporate Office and CEO off the hook with too much blame going to developers. Throwing buckets of money at a stupid commercial that could have been spent in manhours working on game and testing it, helping to prevent these things. Placing the needs of the shareholder over the customer.

I think this is really where the problem lies. That and the schedule. The schedule may be the real reason things don't work as planned.

Deuce
09-10-2015, 08:53 PM
I think it's simply their concentration on online play and MUT. I do get it...they need to cater to the majority but they really gotta make CFM at least playable.

steelerfan
09-10-2015, 08:55 PM

But they are rewarded for their limp-dick commercial with the top-selling game for the month. As long as millions of people continue to buy this POS, they'll have no reason to change the model.

The problem won't be resolved by the consumer though. Their is no way any sort of substantial number of people who are part of the legitimate costumer base will pass on the game.

I wish their were something that could be done to affect change but the Madden team has shown time and again that they simply don't give a shit. ("Restricted Free Agency is no fun".)

In my limited in-person conversations with Madden developers I explained my frustrations with the game. The ones I remember (this was prior to Madden 12) are Formation Subs and the requirement to have 3 DTs on your roster of you're playing a 3-4 defense.

The reaction I got was, "LULZ, you wouldn't buy the game because of THAT?!?!"

I NEVER got that reaction from the NCAA devs. NEVER. The NCAA team actually gave a shit and I respect them for it.

jaymo76
09-10-2015, 08:55 PM
I think this is really where the problem lies. That and the schedule. The schedule may be the real reason things don't work as planned.

Maybe... but it's not an issue for other sports development studios. Maybe it comes down to the fact that the EA/Tiburon Madden team just isn't very good. Yes they try their best but the turnover at EA/Tiburon is stunning and according to many reports the employees are worked to the bone. I mean over a decade of mediocrity... what does that tell you? I watched the 2k16 info today and almost fell off the couch. Look what can be done with an outstanding development studio.

bdoughty
09-10-2015, 09:00 PM

The schedule to an extent. One should expect by now, "three games in" that all the little hiccups should be mostly gone. Yearly sports game developers have an advantage getting to work on the same thing yearly. They are not creating new games and can spend up to ten years working on the same game/engine. Which makes this year even more puzzling as it is the buggiest in some time.

So more coders, testers and less obnoxious videos.

souljahbill
09-10-2015, 09:01 PM
Basketball isn't as complicated as football though. All 10 people on the court isn't half the people on the field in football.

bdoughty
09-10-2015, 09:08 PM
Basketball isn't as complicated as football though. All 10 people on the court isn't half the people on the field in football.

Golf is just one person and look what Tiburon did with that.

http://i.imgur.com/iIn75yn.gif

Imagine trying to make a bunch of white dudes do this.

Rudy
09-11-2015, 03:19 AM
I hate having to have a FB on the roster. The Dolphins haven't carried one in two years. You should be able to leave it blank if you want. Instead a TE always gets moved into that spot. Formation subs is a big one for me too. NCAA had it and I don't understand why Madden doesn't either. Same with special teams sliders. It's not about resources imo. It's about caring about these things and for whatever reason the Madden team doesn't care about these areas.

Rudy
09-11-2015, 04:16 AM
Guys on OS are testing out franchise mode with 32 team control. They are just using their own team and setting all the others to cpu handling of free agents, etc. This makes each game appear to be user vs user and may eliminate the drive goal and confidence stuff that are causing issues. We shall see.

On another note the Colts in Madden appear to like cutting their first rounder Dorsett. Mind boggling decisions to cut high draft picks is an issue.

JBHuskers
09-11-2015, 09:08 AM
I'm working on my own CFM now and 3 games in. This is the first time in a few years I am probably going to really dig into CFM and lay off MUT, so I'll let you know what I find out if you need anything specific. I haven't been keeping tabs on here completely, but just let me know the key things you want to see and I can do screenshots or something once I work towards the middle of the season.

gigemaggs99
09-11-2015, 10:20 AM
Roster update? You mean I can't guarantee the 3rd string punter is going to be 100% accurate?

I can't have alternate sock colors?

GAME SUCKS! :deadhorse:

Have a drink on me :sf:

On a serious note, I'm loving the game. :up:

Rudy
09-11-2015, 04:41 PM
The drive goals are over doing confidence. It's like NCAA 07 momentum meter on steroids.

JBHuskers
09-11-2015, 05:05 PM
The drive goals are over doing confidence. It's like NCAA 07 momentum meter on steroids.

Yeah 3 games in I have a lot of players on the roster with a higher overall, none of a lower.

Rudy
09-11-2015, 05:27 PM
That's because drive goals are impossible not to get and are always a big net positive to confidence. That is the biggest issue. Hopefully EA gives us the ability to reset ALL confidence levels to 50 and not just the low ones or let us turn off drive goals.

Rudy
09-11-2015, 06:07 PM
Best solution to eliminate drive goals inflating team to superstars. I think online cfms are screwed unless they are mostly human.

Actually after thinking about this some more, I'm likely to go the route of assuming control of the one coach that I'm playing against for the week, then "retiring" him (giving up control) after the game. It's a step I don't mind taking for 20-30 seconds before and after each game, I could do it as part of my weekly preparation. That eliminates the coach carousel mess at season's end, because the CPU will handle it's own business. It's entirely unnecessary to be controlling all 32 teams in the offseason if you're only worried about getting rid of drive goals during games.

For clarification: It's not exactly 32-team control that eliminates drive goals. It's two users (and perhaps only the SAME user controlling both teams at the coach level) playing each other that causes Drive goals to be inactive. 32-team satisfies that condition of course, but it's one of several paths towards meeting the same goal.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/854641-fix-setting-up-32-team-offline-cfm-instructions-5.html#post2047655009

steelerfan
09-11-2015, 07:21 PM
Drive Goals were just added this year, right?

Rudy
09-11-2015, 07:28 PM
Yes I believe. Last year they had goals outside the game and hitting them got you XP. But now they have in game drive goals that flash on screen and affect confidence. And you always get positive results which is the problem.

steelerfan
09-11-2015, 07:56 PM
Yes I believe. Last year they had goals outside the game and hitting them got you XP. But now they have in game drive goals that flash on screen and affect confidence. And you always get positive results which is the problem.
Yeah, that's really another reason why I don't like XP in sports games. I'd rather have progression and regression work behind the scenes based mostly on potential and age (with a small percentage of variance for guys who suddenly break out or fall off). I just feel like this Dungeons & Dragons garbage screws up sports games but the sad fact is that there are alot of devs who are Magic the Gathering type dorks.

The XP crap always makes progression too easy and I'm not sure the people making sports titles are able to balance it.

Progression should be mathematics based and not based on meeting goals. That, in my opinion, is how you achieve realism.

gigemaggs99
09-11-2015, 07:57 PM
Are Drive Goals connected to Player Progression? You can turn that feature (Player Progression) ON/OFF when you set up your CFM. Are they in anyway related?

jaymo76
09-12-2015, 02:28 AM
Post patch post tuner 1... cfm week 9 season 2

Atlanta @ OKC

Ryan 9/21 167 yards 1 td 1 int comp % 42
Carr 7/16 43 yards 1 td comp % 43
Stanzi 2/7 16 yards comp % 28

Both teams combined for 13 pass deflections....

Ugly, ugly game!

Rudy
09-12-2015, 05:05 AM
Are Drive Goals connected to Player Progression? You can turn that feature (Player Progression) ON/OFF when you set up your CFM. Are they in anyway related?

I don't know. I just know they lead to confidence boosts and only users get these perks which means you get massive advantages after 4 or 5 games. And the goals are dumb. It might ask the defence to hold them to three and out. One guy gave up an 80 yard TD on the first play and they got boosts! It's just very easy to earn points and they are all positive.

CLW
09-13-2015, 01:44 PM
so.... i'm assuming its still f'd up to the point there is no point starting a franchise?

jaymo76
09-13-2015, 01:56 PM
so.... i'm assuming its still f'd up to the point there is no point starting a franchise?

For user teams you will be fine as long as you use some of your xp to upgrade your pass block from time-to-time. It's a major bug no doubt, but it is survivable if you are willing to put in the time. My RT has actually given up more sacks than anyone else. Drafting a st big mauler LT early in your franchise would be a good idea. As for cpu teams... it is what it is.

PS my wife "surprised" me with Madden 16 so it all worked out. Smooth got his copy and so did I. This just goes to show you need to marry a woman who appreicates video game culture.

souljahbill
09-13-2015, 04:49 PM
Awesome, Jaymo! Glad it all worked out for everybody. I wouldn't be surprised if my wife "gifted me" Super Mario Maker just so she can play it all the time. :D

Rudy
09-13-2015, 06:22 PM
Your wife also bought you Witcher 3. Hang on to that one!

jaymo76
09-13-2015, 07:00 PM
Awesome, Jaymo! Glad it all worked out for everybody. I wouldn't be surprised if my wife "gifted me" Super Mario Maker just so she can play it all the time. :D

I might return the favour and pick her up Mario Maker. That game looks like a lot of fun!

jaymo76
09-13-2015, 07:01 PM
Your wife also bought you Witcher 3. Hang on to that one!

:nod:

cjfranc81
09-15-2015, 11:16 AM
Anybody having issues with injuries? Specifically torn acl's? I'm playing a CFM with my son through the cloud. Drew Brees got knocked out of a game with a dislocated shoulder and once the game was over I went to injuries to see how long he was going to be out. In the process of doing that, I noticed that I had about 6 guys, mostly reserves, with torn acl's and out for the year and I had just completed week 2. Out of curiosity I started looking at other teams, and I couldn't believe how many were on there. I started counting each team's and I gave about half way and the number was pushing 80 players with torn acl's. That seems like a crazy amount at that point of the season. Anybody else see anything like that or heard about it?

CLW
09-15-2015, 01:56 PM
For user teams you will be fine as long as you use some of your xp to upgrade your pass block from time-to-time. It's a major bug no doubt, but it is survivable if you are willing to put in the time. My RT has actually given up more sacks than anyone else. Drafting a st big mauler LT early in your franchise would be a good idea. As for cpu teams... it is what it is.

PS my wife "surprised" me with Madden 16 so it all worked out. Smooth got his copy and so did I. This just goes to show you need to marry a woman who appreicates video game culture.

O.K. I may give it a try - has there been any word on if/when they plan on patching the issue? Also does the issue make the CPU teams all have horrible olines so sacks become too inflated and too easy?

Rudy
09-15-2015, 03:00 PM
I haven't started one yet. Been busy and was sort of hoping EA would address horrid confidence system.

gigemaggs99
09-15-2015, 04:11 PM
I'm not sure either, been busy with work. I did start a CFM with the Texans and Rudy's All-Pro sliders. Played 1 game, got smoked by the CPU, but it was a great game. I think I lost game 1 vs the Chiefs 28-7. The sliders make it HARD, but not unrealistic, I don't mind losing, just not against ALL Madden where the CPU seems next to impossible.

Haven't seen anything w/ the confidence boosting or whatever, maybe that comes after multiple games.

Concerning the in-game goals stuff, I'm sure a lot of it is my lack of ability, but they aren't a cake walk for me on these sliders. One wanted me to complete 3 passes on 1 drive to my WR, I was lucky to get 2 passes to him prior to having to punt.

Rudy
09-15-2015, 05:58 PM
Confidence is a snowball effect in franchise since they only go up for the most part due to very easy drive goal points. You see the effect after 4 or 5 games for sure since you get boosts the CPU doesn't.

CLW
09-15-2015, 06:55 PM
Confidence is a snowball effect in franchise since they only go up for the most part due to very easy drive goal points. You see the effect after 4 or 5 games for sure since you get boosts the CPU doesn't.

welp sounds like you just bide your time until you just completely overpower everyone due to too much momentum meter/confidence. at this point, i think im just going to go for the :plat: trade it in and never buy an EA product again - since they are rental material only at best

Rudy
09-15-2015, 08:33 PM
Despite some flaws and missing features it's the best Madden in years imo. But the confidence junk screws with franchise too much.

CLW
09-15-2015, 08:59 PM
Despite some flaws and missing features it's the best Madden in years imo. But the confidence junk screws with franchise too much.

i agree its the best madden in years - but even that is only rental material - i'm already SICK of MUT and playing the randoms and CFM is basically unplayable* (or there is some ridiculously long work around that im not going to fool with just to play a franchise)

i'll probably download a 99 OVR roster tonight sim 3 years to get the CFM trophies and then just grind out the other trophies and try to get $30 back

Rudy
09-19-2015, 06:54 PM
I started a Dolphins franchise. 2-0 but had to beat Jags in OT. using the method of crating a second coach for every game for the team I play against to try and eliminate the drive goals and uber confidence. Hopefully it works.

Just did one week of scouting. Very simplified but I think the average gamer will be a lot happier as a result. I will have to wait and see. So far so good. It's more like NCAA in that you can't control what you scout. It just unlocks their top three traits in order. By seeing the first trait you can get a feel if the kid will suck if their first one is maxed at a B.

jaymo76
09-20-2015, 02:36 PM
I started a Dolphins franchise. 2-0 but had to beat Jags in OT. using the method of crating a second coach for every game for the team I play against to try and eliminate the drive goals and uber confidence. Hopefully it works.

Just did one week of scouting. Very simplified but I think the average gamer will be a lot happier as a result. I will have to wait and see. So far so good. It's more like NCAA in that you can't control what you scout. It just unlocks their top three traits in order. By seeing the first trait you can get a feel if the kid will suck if their first one is maxed at a B.

I think the scouting is actually the best part of the game, due primarily to the NCAA feel to it. I would not be surprised in the least if that came from the former NCAA team members.

JBHuskers
09-21-2015, 10:43 AM
I have restarted with the latest roster and update and all that.

Traded my 3rd round pick for Brock Osweiler to hopefully have a viable QB once I get rid of Cutler next season. Also picked up a few free agents where the OVR was lacking due to injury and etc. Even picked up old dog Charles Woodson on a one-year deal with Mundy hurt.

bacon
09-21-2015, 01:02 PM
Does anyone know when the madden roster updates usually take place? Like the injuries to tony romo and the addition of tevin McDonald to the raiders? I have a ps4 and am doing a franchise with the Rams and want to know when the updates so I can get the most up to date roster

PeteyKirch
09-21-2015, 02:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/HKfzDLt.png
http://i.imgur.com/6VUBYWs.png

Seems like Derek Jeter had some kids we never heard about and they all play football.

Rudy
09-21-2015, 03:31 PM
They updated the roster last week so I imagine we will get weekly roster updates. I can't remember the day. It is Tuesday at the earliest because of MNF and I'll guess Wednesday.

bacon
09-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Good lookin, trying to figure it out to see if my boy or some of my favorite Oregon players made the active roster or free agent pool.

souljahbill
09-21-2015, 04:52 PM
Does anyone know when the madden roster updates usually take place? Like the injuries to tony romo and the addition of tevin McDonald to the raiders? I have a ps4 and am doing a franchise with the Rams and want to know when the updates so I can get the most up to date roster

That doesn't effect your franchise unless you're waiting for the roster update to start one up.

jaymo76
09-22-2015, 04:54 PM
With 100% confidence I can tell you about another broken feature... player resigning logic. I am now offering a player 40 million more than he wants and he won't sign although he wants to and his profile says interested. If you don't sign him on your first try he will NOT sign regardless of what you do.

Be warned!!!

Escobar
09-22-2015, 10:24 PM
I created a CFM using Flazko's sliders from OS. It's me and 4 coworkers. If anyone else wants to join, let me know. The league name is Escobar.

JBHuskers
09-22-2015, 11:50 PM
I created a CFM using Flazko's sliders from OS. It's me and 4 coworkers. If anyone else wants to join, let me know. The league name is Escobar.
Can you search for his sliders in-game? Or did he just post them on OS?

gigemaggs99
09-23-2015, 01:41 PM
He posted his xbox gamertag, not sure if it has them posted there: My Gamertag on Xbox One is: > > > Flazko

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football-sliders/854417-flazkos-true-nfl-realism-sliders-all-pro.html

gigemaggs99
09-23-2015, 01:48 PM

PM sent

gschwendt
09-25-2015, 07:55 AM

JBHuskers
09-25-2015, 12:29 PM
Wonder if it's best to start over or not.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

gigemaggs99
09-25-2015, 01:19 PM
I guess it's worth seeing what they come out with, seems like we wait and wait, then they say they'll come out with another patch....I don't want to start my CFM a month after the game comes out...

In my current CFM everything seems to work fine except the progress part. I progress my team and use the Experience points, but after 6 weeks it shows my entire team progressing except for the offense, it still is at 1 red square, even if I put all my weekly time into the offense.

Rudy
09-25-2015, 04:41 PM
I've been using the coach trick but it screwed up the Jets. They wouldn't snap the ball on pass plays. So I played it normal cpu style and it was very annoying to see all the drive goal crap pop up. I want to see the real stats and not all the XP junk. I have never manually progressed a player in three years. I don't want to take over that stuff and I don't want to see it either.

Rudy
09-26-2015, 10:32 AM
If things get patched nicely I may start a new franchise with the 49 ers. I prefer the 3-4 so much more than the 4-3. Quite frankly I'm thinking of even doing that with Miami and moving Suh to LE in a Watt type role. I just find the Dolphins (and most basic 4-3) defensive play book boring.

CLW
09-27-2015, 10:51 AM
I'll wait for this patch but if CFM is still unplayable its grind out the :Plat: trade in and move on.

gigemaggs99
09-27-2015, 11:09 AM
It's funny I was talking with my wife about Madden and how it needs patches and turner updates and on and on...she said, "Hasn't Madden, or the template for Madden been out for something like 20 years? How is it that they come out with a Madden every year that is incomplete each year? Why do they have so many problems?"

I smiled and said, "Welcome to the Madden forums."

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/large/HolyGrail052.jpg

jaymo76
09-27-2015, 12:46 PM
I have been trying to get some games in with Madden recently but I am stuck at the 10 game mark of my CFM (2nd season @ the Oakland Raiders/OKC Nighthawks). The gameplay is fun... AND... the game is just so stale for single player CFM. Damn you FIFA with your amazing gameplay and crazy immersion! You have tainted my Madden enjoyment.

gschwendt
09-27-2015, 03:31 PM
Assuming the patch fixes all of the bugs in CFM, would anyone be interested in participating in a TGT CFM? It'd only be regular visitors or people recommended by regular visitors.

I'd be happy to run and organize it but would be willing to defer to someone with more experience with Madden.

CLW
09-27-2015, 03:48 PM
Assuming the patch fixes all of the bugs in CFM, would anyone be interested in participating in a TGT CFM? It'd only be regular visitors or people recommended by regular visitors.

I'd be happy to run and organize it but would be willing to defer to someone with more experience with Madden.

I'd be down (assuming the turnaround is every 48/72 hours).

Rudy
09-27-2015, 07:52 PM
I might give it another shot but I'm pretty busy right now. I don't want to disappointed guys.

JBHuskers
09-28-2015, 02:16 PM

I'd give it a shot.

Rudy
09-28-2015, 07:18 PM
Madden is getting a patch very soon. Hopefully it will clean up some things in franchise like LT regression and drive goals. I haven't been playing lately at all. Hoping for some good stuff.

bdoughty
09-29-2015, 06:34 AM
Still waiting to start my CFM. I hear a few people complaining they are losing games played when you exit out. While I know sim speed is quicker with the cloud, is it safer to go the hard drive route? I plan to play it single player and the Sim speed has never really bothered me.

CLW
09-30-2015, 10:27 AM
Welp judging from the post at OS it doesn't look like this patch fixed any of the issues with drive goals or the offensive line regression. :smh:

thatBuckeye
10-01-2015, 03:09 PM

I might be down. Depends on how quickly it moves tho.

insert generic sig

thatBuckeye
10-01-2015, 03:09 PM
Welp judging from the post at OS it doesn't look like this patch fixed any of the issues with drive goals or the offensive line regression. :smh:

OT regression appears fixed. What's the issue with drive goals?

insert generic sig

Rudy
10-01-2015, 03:21 PM
OT regression appears fixed. What's the issue with drive goals?

insert generic sig

Drive goals are very easy resulting in high confidence and over powered teams. Guys are saying it's hard to lose later in a season. So many are doing one of two work around. Either control all 32 teams or just the opposing coach during the week of your game and retiring afterwards. If they just let us reset confidence up AND DOWN instead of just up it would be an easy fix.

Plus drive goal pop ups are extremely annoying and you can't turn them off without shutting all stats off.

thatBuckeye
10-01-2015, 03:29 PM
Drive goals are very easy resulting in high confidence and over powered teams. Guys are saying it's hard to lose later in a season. So many are doing one of two work around. Either control all 32 teams or just the opposing coach during the week of your game and retiring afterwards. If they just let us reset confidence up AND DOWN instead of just up it would be an easy fix.

Plus drive goal pop ups are extremely annoying and you can't turn them off without shutting all stats off.

Ah... I only play online so that's not really an issue there for us. Yeah I have read about that offline.

insert generic sig

jaymo76
10-01-2015, 07:48 PM
Every single starter on my team is 99 for confidence. As to the LT regression being fixed... I don't think that is correct based on the people running sims from scratch. It is more random now but still appears to be an issue.

Rudy
10-02-2015, 04:41 AM
I'm 4-0 on my season. The first couple games were tough as WAS made a comeback and it took OT to beat the Jags. But the Bills got easier and I spanked the Jets. The one thing I really like is the elite QBs are WAY better than the bad ones this year. This is a HUGE improvement for Madden. Too bad my real Dolphins weren't the same. Up next is Mariotta for me. Going to try the coach method again to remove drive goals and pray I don't get the cpu no-snap bug on me like last time.

CLW
10-02-2015, 08:00 AM
So.... is it even worth trying a CFM or time tv grind out the play and trade in

jaymo76
10-03-2015, 03:12 PM
So.... is it even worth trying a CFM or time tv grind out the play and trade in

Normally I would say "yes" but at this point I am only at game 10. I should be 2-3 seasons in by now. I really can't recommend one way or another. The game plays well and lacks excitement at the same time. I guess the question is can you overlook the known issues?

Rudy
10-03-2015, 05:21 PM
I feel the same as way Jaymo. All the bugs and waiting have let the air out of the balloon. I'm only six games in.

SmoothPancakes
10-03-2015, 05:51 PM
Yeah, I've only just jumped into a throwaway CFM, only one or two games in, but I just can't get pumped up to play at will. I can jump on GTA V or FIFA 16 or, for an older game, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and literally sit there for 6 hours straight doing anything and everything and enjoying the hell out of myself.

I can still sit there on NCAA 14 for literally an entire day, morning to dead of night, playing two or three games and writing entire pages of write-ups, summaries, recaps, etc.

There's just something about Madden that I don't just feel that entertained enough to just sit down at random and fire it up at any given moment. I have to actually be in a mood for it.

Rudy
10-05-2015, 06:46 AM
I forgot all about the twitter feed and draft stories. The "things to do" tab is a good thing but the twitter feed should have stayed there. That keeps you more connected with the rest of the league. Also, the quick depth chart isn't that good. It only let's you do vertical changes. Moving a RG to LG isn't possible when I tried. I still like the traditional option. I'd really like formation subs.

gigemaggs99
10-05-2015, 08:25 PM
Yeah, I've only just jumped into a throwaway CFM, only one or two games in, but I just can't get pumped up to play at will. I can jump on GTA V or FIFA 16 or, for an older game, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and literally sit there for 6 hours straight doing anything and everything and enjoying the hell out of myself.

I can still sit there on NCAA 14 for literally an entire day, morning to dead of night, playing two or three games and writing entire pages of write-ups, summaries, recaps, etc.

There's just something about Madden that I don't just feel that entertained enough to just sit down at random and fire it up at any given moment. I have to actually be in a mood for it.

Agreed, I was playing a bunch of Madden, trying different sliders, working through a CFM, it seems like the patch and update changes things, not sure if it's for the better, just changes things.

I go out and buy Fifa, maybe it's b/c I've played a lot of Madden and not much Fifa, but I could play FIFA a lot, my kids even want to play more FIFA than Madden, probably a lot of it has to do with it's new, but FIFA is FUN.

Maybe it's a simpler game to replicate. Madden requires all this O-line vs D-line animation and then there is WR vs DB interactions. FIFA just seems to be really smooth, it looks great, controls are smooth as all get out (XBOX1 version here). I remember playing Fifa a few years back and it was not as smooth on the controls, almost delayed, now this Fifa 16 it just seems really smooth. Who knows, EA could always do an "update" and fubar everything but so far Fifa is FUN!

It seems like this years Fifa is like an NCAA or Madden of old. On Fifa I tell the guy to move left or right and it's instant, on Madden it seems delayed, almost slowed down, like a bad reaction time. If I tell a guy to juke he seems to do it after the fact or not at all. On Fifa, you do a move and it's instantaneous. :up:

SmoothPancakes
10-05-2015, 08:30 PM
Agreed, I was playing a bunch of Madden, trying different sliders, working through a CFM, it seems like the patch and update changes things, not sure if it's for the better, just changes things.

I go out and buy Fifa, maybe it's b/c I've played a lot of Madden and not much Fifa, but I could play FIFA a lot, my kids even want to play more FIFA than Madden, probably a lot of it has to do with it's new, but FIFA is FUN.

Maybe it's a simpler game to replicate. Madden requires all this O-line vs D-line animation and then there is WR vs DB interactions. FIFA just seems to be really smooth, it looks great, controls are smooth as all get out (XBOX1 version here). I remember playing Fifa a few years back and it was not as smooth on the controls, almost delayed, now this Fifa 16 it just seems really smooth. Who knows, EA could always do an "update" and fubar everything but so far Fifa is FUN!
Yep, FIFA is one of those games you can just pick up and play and it's a lot easier to get into. I know I first got into FIFA with, I believe, FIFA 10, and I know there were some issues with it, and it was very vanilla compared to all the features we have today. I didn't play FIFA again until 14, which was a great new breath of air and which I played for two years until picking up 16.

But it's just an overall fun game. I can fire it up for a quick match before work or I can sit down and spend half the day on it.

jaymo76
10-07-2015, 01:03 AM
Yep, FIFA is one of those games you can just pick up and play and it's a lot easier to get into. I know I first got into FIFA with, I believe, FIFA 10, and I know there were some issues with it, and it was very vanilla compared to all the features we have today. I didn't play FIFA again until 14, which was a great new breath of air and which I played for two years until picking up 16.

But it's just an overall fun game. I can fire it up for a quick match before work or I can sit down and spend half the day on it.

FIFA is way more immersive and enjoyable. The Madden advantages go to visuals, scouting and the draft.

CLW
10-08-2015, 03:43 PM
FINALLY got that MUT super bowl trophy (no boost thanks to that stupid patch). Are we going to do a TGT CFM? If not, I'm going to grind out the rest of these trophies and maybe start my own CFM (if its playable)

jaymo76
10-12-2015, 05:10 PM
Just played a CFM game at home to Denver. Can someone explain to me why when the cpu DB sits in zone they sit in front of the human recieiver and break on the ball in an agressive way yet when it's reversed the human DB gives a huge cushion to the WR and breaks on the ball after the catch is made?

I know I am complaining a lot today about this game but it is fast becoming one of my least liked franchise modes in several years. I can't really explain why either...

gigemaggs99
10-12-2015, 05:50 PM
Just played a CFM game at home to Denver. Can someone explain to me why when the cpu DB sits in zone they sit in front of the human recieiver and break on the ball in an agressive way yet when it's reversed the human DB gives a huge cushion to the WR and breaks on the ball after the catch is made?

I know I am complaining a lot today about this game but it is fast becoming one of my least liked franchise modes in several years. I can't really explain why either...

I can't explain it....

I will say this Madden doesn't seem like last years in terms of being able to adjust the defense according to what my opponent is doing. I'm not a psycho d-coordinator by any chance, I'm just a simple plumber and I play my 7 year old. He will wear out slants, I pick cover 3, shade inside, even double-team the intended WR. Doesn't matter, his WR makes the Y (aggressive catch no matter what I do). On Madden 15 I could shut it down.

Seems like less of a chess match and more of a last team to score wins.

I liked how on Madden 15 I could shut my son down on a certain thing (i.e. slants or deep pass to X) and he would change his attack, he would start doing something else. I felt like he was getting more of a game plan and it was fun seeing what he'd come out with next. Now it's digressed and he's back to 3 plays which work 80% of the time. It's not helping him learn to have a diverse game plan.

Rudy
10-12-2015, 05:58 PM
I need to get back into playing. Played a lot of Live lately but I will wait for opening day rosters before starting a franchise.

CLW
10-14-2015, 04:35 PM
So.... I have the :Plat: are we doing a TGT CFM? If not, is a single user CFM f'd up beyond belief to where I'm just going to run wild on the CPU?

If CFM isn't playable and we aren't doing a TGT CFM time to consider a trade in.