PDA

View Full Version : Week 6, 2011

Oneback
09-07-2010, 09:31 PM
=============== #8 Oklahoma Sooners (4-0) ===============
Last week the Sooners were idle.
This week, the Sooners travel to Eugene to face the Oregon Ducks (2-3).
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) WR Derek Scales has committed to Miami

=============== #22 Clemson Tigers (4-1) ===============
Last week, Clemson won 49-10 against Wake Forest (2-2).
This week, the Tigers will host North Carolina (3-2).
In recruiting news, the following Clemson targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) FS Brett Chavis has committed to Wisconsin
- (****) SS Jason Smith has committed to Clemson

=============== #4 Florida State Seminoles (5-0) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 69-7 against Duke (1-3).
This week, the Seminoles travel to Winston-Salem to face the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (2-2).
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) P Donny Merritt has committed to Wisconsin
- (****) TE Kenard Robinson has committed to Florida State
- (*****) LOLB William Logan has committed to Michigan
- (*****) QB Carlos McDaniel has committed to Texas

=============== #7 Miami Hurricanes (5-0) ===============
Last week, Miami won 44-14 against Boston College (2-3).
This week, the Hurricanes will host Duke (1-3).
In recruiting news, the following Miami targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) CB Vince Lamb has committed to Miami
- (****) WR Derek Scales has committed to Miami
- (****) LE Aaron Davis has committed to Miami
- (***) TE Mark Anderson has committed to Miami

=============== #6 Michigan Wolverines (4-0) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 49-31 against Notre Dame (0-3).
This week, the Wolverines travel to Madison to face the #1 Wisconsin Badgers (5-0).
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) RT Marcus Thomas has committed to USC
- (****) LOLB Ricky Woods has committed to Michigan
- (****) DT Brandon Coe has committed to Michigan
- (****) TE Kenard Robinson has committed to Florida State

=============== #16 Ohio State Buckeyes (3-1) ===============
Last week, Ohio State won 35-17 against Michigan State (4-1).
This week, the Buckeyes travel to University Park to face the #3 Penn State Nittany Lions (5-0).
In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) MLB Craig Bell has committed to Ohio State
- (****) LE Marcus Stewart has committed to Ohio State

=============== #3 Penn State Nittany Lions (5-0) ===============
Last week, Penn State won 48-14 against Illinois (3-1).
This week, the Nittany Lions will host #16 Ohio State (3-1).
In recruiting news, the following Penn State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) P Vince Handy has committed to Penn State

=============== Texas Tech Red Raiders (0-4) ===============
Last week, Texas Tech lost 59-56 against Texas A&M (3-1).
This week, the Red Raiders travel to Austin to face the #2 Texas Longhorns (4-0).

=============== #19 USC Trojans (2-2) ===============
Last week, USC won 41-20 against Oklahoma State (1-4).
This week, the Trojans travel to Corvallis to face the Oregon State Beavers (0-4).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) DT Mike Newsome has committed to Florida
- (****) DT Brandon Coe has committed to Michigan
- (***) K Marcus Smith has committed to USC
- (****) RT Marcus Thomas has committed to USC
- (*****) HB Cory Boyd has committed to Texas

=============== #10 Virginia Tech Hokies (4-1) ===============
Last week, Virginia Tech won 38-3 against North Carolina (3-2).
This week, the Hokies travel to Louisville to face the Louisville Cardinals (1-3).
In recruiting news, the following Virginia Tech targets have announced their decisions:

=============== #2 Texas Longhorns (4-0) ===============
Last week the Longhorns were idle.
This week, the Longhorns will host Texas Tech (0-4).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) HB Cory Boyd has committed to Texas

=============== #1 Wisconsin Badgers (5-0) ===============
Last week, Wisconsin won 51-10 against Iowa (2-1).
This week, the Badgers will host #6 Michigan (4-0).
In recruiting news, the following Wisconsin targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) HB Deon Brown has committed to Wisconsin

gschwendt
09-07-2010, 09:35 PM
WOOHOOO!!! I got that Punter! A power bitches! That HB & FS are both nice signings as well... will post details later.

fsuprime
09-07-2010, 09:50 PM
damn i guess i should have spent more than 10 minutes total on him lol, im just glad i got the TE

JeffHCross
09-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Oh bloody hell ... all that and I only get two, one of which was Instant'd. This is going to suck ... big time.

Snoop, what's Wednesday night look like for you?

EDIT: The holiday has me all screwed up.

psuexv
09-07-2010, 11:31 PM
USC loses again at Oregon State for the 2nd year in a row. I know that OSU has had USC's number in the past but man does the CPU take it a little far. Barkley threw 4 INTs, 2 were about 10 yards ahead of the receiver and 2 were tipped and batted around. Add 2 fumbles and I didn't stand a chance.

Down 23-10 at the half, held them scoreless the entire 3rd and most of the 4th. Came back and took the lead 24-23 with 4:36 left in the 4th. They marched right back down the field and scored and then I fumble the 1st play of my next drive and they return it to the house. Game over

gschwendt
09-07-2010, 11:36 PM
damn i guess i should have spent more than 10 minutes total on him lol, im just glad i got the TEI won't lie... I spent an hour a week on him since the start of the season. I wasn't on his top 10 list to start the season. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't end up in a situation similar to skip with a kicker not able to hit from outside of 40.

gschwendt
09-08-2010, 12:22 AM
Oneback, when do you want to play? I'm fairly open the rest of the week except Saturday.

skipwondah33
09-08-2010, 01:07 AM
I won't lie... I spent an hour a week on him since the start of the season. I wasn't on his top 10 list to start the season. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't end up in a situation similar to skip with a kicker not able to hit from outside of 40.

I tried a kick from the 21-yard in my game just now against Louisville and it came up short. And I still think he was 5-6 yards short.

Oneback
09-08-2010, 05:36 AM
Oneback, when do you want to play? I'm fairly open the rest of the week except Saturday.

How does tonight at around 830pm central sound?

psusnoop
09-08-2010, 06:00 AM
Jeff, I can play tonight say around 10:00pm est?

I mihgt be just slightly after 10pm est but not much.

texacotea
09-08-2010, 07:21 AM
Da U pounds Duke and is getting ready for a big matchup with FSU.

gschwendt
09-08-2010, 08:46 AM
How does tonight at around 830pm central sound?
Works for me.

Oneback
09-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Works for me.

I've got a few insurgents out there to make sure Clay doesn't make it out of bed today. Huge game tonight!

gschwendt
09-08-2010, 08:51 AM
I've got a few insurgents out there to make sure Clay doesn't make it out of bed today. Huge game tonight!
He along with the offensive line are hidden at an undisclosed facility.

JeffHCross
09-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Jeff, I can play tonight say around 10:00pm est?

I mihgt be just slightly after 10pm est but not much.Let's do it. Drop me a text if plans change significantly.

fsuprime
09-08-2010, 09:29 AM
ohhh can i pray for the Kingpin v papa trifecta and advance tonight ;)

psuexv
09-08-2010, 10:13 AM
Yeah that would nice and then I could play tonight after the advance since we are leaving for Bama tomorrow evening and I won't be able to play tomorrow.

psusnoop
09-08-2010, 10:39 AM
OUCH tough loss for USC, seems the staff is having a tough time with the over inflated heads out there in So. Cal.

That would be awesome if Papa and King can battle tonight, that would be perfect for psuexv. Though I'm not sure what that means for our dynasty that you run and we are in the offseason for. Hmm......are you guys taking a laptop with you? If so I can log in as you and advance and you guys can recruit while driving down. Sounds like the perfect plan! We'll even have Mikey cornered so he can't escape or do homework! hahaha

Jeff, I'm good for tonight unless something really unseen comes up. I'll text if it does.

psuexv
09-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Though I'm not sure what that means for our dynasty that you run and we are in the offseason for. Hmm......are you guys taking a laptop with you? If so I can log in as you and advance and you guys can recruit while driving down. Sounds like the perfect plan! We'll even have Mikey cornered so he can't escape or do homework! hahaha

Jeff, I'm good for tonight unless something really unseen comes up. I'll text if it does.

We are taking a laptop and the PS3 and there will be 4 members of the dynasty there. We might be able to make it happen.

Anyone on here every tether an internet connection with a laptop to the PS3?

psuexv
09-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Looks like Prime's prayers were answered as Texas and Texas Tech just finished.

Kingpin32
09-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Another game, another loss for the Red Raiders.

Papa LoneStar
09-08-2010, 11:58 AM
The defending national champion Texas Longhorns beat the Texas Tech Red Raiders 56-19 in Austin, TX
QB Garrett Gilbert: 7-10 282 yds 5 TD 0 INT
RB Chris Whaley: 13 car 139 yds 1 TD
RB Fozzy Whittaker: 10 car 64 yds 1 TD
WR Marquise Goodwin: 3 rec 147 yds 3 TDs, 2 car 58 yds 1 TD
Longhorn defense: 6 INT
CB Ben Wells: 7 solo tackles 2 INT 3 pass deflected
OLB Keenan Robinson: 8 tackles (7 solo, 2 TFL), 1 INT
MLB Jordan Hicks: 3 TFL, 1 INT

psusnoop
09-08-2010, 02:03 PM
King, such a brutal schedule to start. Can the team rebound and run the table?

Nice numbers Papa, you CHEATER!:P

psusnoop
09-08-2010, 02:05 PM
We are taking a laptop and the PS3 and there will be 4 members of the dynasty there. We might be able to make it happen.

Anyone on here every tether an internet connection with a laptop to the PS3?

Not me, but I'm sure someone here will be able to help.

Iron Dragon
09-08-2010, 04:33 PM
"Landry rolls left.. pressured.. throws.. TOUCHDOWN to DEJUAN MILLER!", #8 Oklahoma beats heavy-blitzing, strange offensively Oregon 21-14 with TD strike with under 20 seconds to play.

Oregon's offense was really bizarre in this game. LaMichael James played TE for an entire drive.. but they had three INTs and went just 2-5 in the redzone.

We somehow managed to get 100 yards on the ground as a team as we sat at 2 yards mid-way through the 3rd. Jermie Calhoun only had 28 yards on the ground, but he was at -8 before a 17 yard run changed that. Brennan Clay had 41 yards and had a 31 yard TD.

Dejuan Miller and Ryan Broyles continued to be a recieving duo, as Miller caught 8 passes for 111 yards and 2 TDs, including the GW TD with :18 left. Broyles caught 5 passes for 79 yards.

For Oregon, Lamichael James had 148 rush yards (27 carries), and 14 rec yards.

Kingpin32
09-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Once I get fired from TTU, I'll fix up Oregon's offense.

JeffHCross
09-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Ohio State gets an Instant Commitment from #10 WR Bryson Strickland ... I mean Ken-Yon Rambo.

Oneback
09-08-2010, 09:31 PM
GG, g...Michigan gets dominated at Camp Randall in a driving snow storm. Turnovers kill any sort of momentum Michigan culd start to gain...that and the Wisconsin running game.

John Clay rushes for 258 yards and 2 touchdowns...Michael Cox breaks his collarbone and is out for 10 weeks...that pretty much sums up the game.

fsuprime
09-08-2010, 09:38 PM
ouch1

gschwendt
09-08-2010, 09:51 PM
Clay earns POTG honors for his performance against Michigan and brings his rushing totals up to 142 carries for 1384 yards with 17 touchdowns through 6 games.

psuexv
09-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Is OB advancing tonight?

Oneback
09-08-2010, 10:53 PM
Yes, I am just waiting on the PSU/OSU game to finish. Jeff is supposed to text me when they are done.

JeffHCross
09-08-2010, 10:54 PM
Ohio State manages 65 yards on five plays ... and only 1 yard on their 11 other offensive plays in the first half, including 2 INTs. Penn State takes a 20-0 lead into halftime.

On the second play from scrimmage of the second half, Pepe Pearson breaks for 69 yards and a TD. Behind Pearson's 151 second half yards and 3 TDs, the Buckeyes came back, cutting it to 23-17 going into the 4th quarter. But Penn State QB Kevin Newsome was able to lead two scoring drives, which gave the Nittany Lions just enough for a 33-24 victory.

Pepe Pearson ends the game with a ridiculous 11 carries for 187 yards and 3 TDs.

psuexv
09-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Sweet.

fsuprime
09-08-2010, 11:01 PM
advance!

psusnoop
09-09-2010, 08:10 AM
Ohio State manages 65 yards on five plays ... and only 1 yard on their 11 other offensive plays in the first half, including 2 INTs. Penn State takes a 20-0 lead into halftime.

On the second play from scrimmage of the second half, Pepe Pearson breaks for 69 yards and a TD. Behind Pearson's 151 second half yards and 3 TDs, the Buckeyes came back, cutting it to 23-17 going into the 4th quarter. But Penn State QB Kevin Newsome was able to lead two scoring drives, which gave the Nittany Lions just enough for a 33-24 victory.

Pepe Pearson ends the game with a ridiculous 11 carries for 187 yards and 3 TDs.

Once again turnovers dictate the game between us Jeff, as the early picks were just to much to overcome.

gschwendt
09-09-2010, 08:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T71k9XBXyMc

Oneback
09-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Those two late turnovers were the difference in it being 35-28 instead of 42-14...take away the fumble/TD on the kick return (which kills me how often it happens) and its 28-28 and a completely different game. As always great game.

Oneback
09-09-2010, 10:15 PM
My game just froze on me midway through the 2nd quarter...has anyone else had problems with freezes? Before now the only time I have had problems with freezing was when I was testing out playbooks while in the OD. I'd change it once, go into practice mode, get out change my playbook again and go back into practice mode and it would freeze.

fsuprime
09-09-2010, 10:17 PM
i almost had a problem with freezing when my starting QB went down for 8 weeks and my senior RB went down for the season ;)

Escobar
09-09-2010, 10:30 PM
After that one freeze I had at the end of the bowl game, I've had the game freeze only once again and that was on Tuesday. I came home from after being at this apt all weekend and both my PS3 controllers were dead, my USB headset that I don't use because the cable length is too short was plugged in, and MW2 was in instead of NCAA. So I'm like WTF and already frustrated, because that means my little cousin was on my PS3 probably AAALLLL DAAAAY. Start up my offline dynasty game, get to about halftime and it freezes. I just turned the PS3 off. Both times he had been playing the f out of my ish. So I think it's happening because of the PS3 being overheated or worn out.

Papa LoneStar
09-10-2010, 12:15 AM
Do you have your PS3 in a place where it can breathe? Stuffing it in that entertainment center shelf can cause some damage with heavy hours....which is why I keep mine elevated and in open space....lol

Kingpin32
09-10-2010, 12:20 AM
Do you have your PS3 in a place where it can breathe? Stuffing it in that entertainment center shelf can cause some damage with heavy hours....which is why I keep mine elevated and in open space....lol

What do you use to elevate it? I've tried using a book (broke college student), but I still get the loud whirring sound whenever I play for more than 30 min. Every time I hear that sound I feel like my PS3 is slowly dying. I've also tried to stand it up, but that also doesn't work.

Escobar
09-10-2010, 12:22 AM
Nah. I either keep it in the game room on a wood floor with nothing within 2 feet of it, which is where it was the first time it froze. Or in a chair, when playing downstairs where there is room for the vents to breathe.

JeffHCross
09-10-2010, 12:22 AM
I grabbed the night stand out of my bedroom and put it next to my entertainment center. Buy a small table or something similarly cheap.

I had my phat PS3 on the floor of my new apt for about 2 years, but once it started getting louder, it was getting near the end of its life. That said, I never saw the freezes Oneback is describing ... but definitely had my PS3 running hot.

Kingpin32
09-10-2010, 12:24 AM
Well I usually had it on my dresser with my TV behind it. Maybe I should scoot the PS3 up a bit away from the TV.

Papa LoneStar
09-10-2010, 12:53 AM
Only time I get a freeze is after changing playbooks and going back into practice mode....always get a freeze during the loading screen....it's been pretty consistent.

Oneback
09-10-2010, 07:31 AM
Only time I get a freeze is after changing playbooks and going back into practice mode....always get a freeze during the loading screen....it's been pretty consistent.

That's the same issue I have been having. I suspect my froze last night may have more to do with the Stadium sounds I setup for Michigan on Monday. The game seems to freeze for a split second when switching from song to song and in the 2nd quarter it finally got me. However, I replayed last night and didn't have any major issues.

Escobar
09-10-2010, 07:50 AM
I've never had a problem with stadium sounds. I have about 45 of them for about 4 or 5 teams. lol

fsuprime
09-10-2010, 08:05 AM
i feel like my ps3 is slowly dying, it takes forever to load the xmb bar from inside a game im playing to msg someone. once my next gi bill comes in im tempted to get a new one, but prbably will wait till this one dies.

gschwendt
09-10-2010, 09:07 AM
i feel like my ps3 is slowly dying, it takes forever to load the xmb bar from inside a game im playing to msg someone. once my next gi bill comes in im tempted to get a new one, but prbably will wait till this one dies.
If you're talking about inside an NCAA game, it's that way for everyone.

fsuprime
09-10-2010, 09:32 AM
ah ok,