PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2K16 Presents: #WINNING

cdj
08-24-2015, 10:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKcHuHmfMeE

We’re excited for the worldwide premiere of #Winning. NBA 2K16 hits the court with the most authentic and real gameplay a basketball simulation title has ever delivered. Look out for cover athletes Stephen Curry, James Harden & Anthony Davis along with a plethora of the top NBA talent. Watch it to the end and spread the word!

cdj
08-24-2015, 12:26 PM
A few things I noticed after watching a couple times:

- The 3D on-court projection imaging looks pretty cool. I had a feeling 2K would have that this year, and sure enough....There are at least three to four companies that produce this technology, so I wonder if they acquired this tech for all available teams or just a select few.

- The facial animations look great, but Westbrook and Carmelo's faces were not good in their brief appearances.

- The Harden jumpshot had such a bad hitch in it. I know that's part of their animation/shot system, but boy did it stand out in this video.

- Those jerseys look really poor as the text stretches on movement and the proportions are incorrect for text vs. number size. As player body types and faces keep improving, minor things like this really stand out more.

- The crowd/bench head-tracking are still poor, but their buzzer-beater celebrations (and presumably big moment animations) looked really good and improved.

This trailer looked really good, but I'm ready for some actual gameplay video and/or breakdowns. 2K has the presentation game on lockdown (all genres) and that continues here. Details could use some work, but presentation usually very good.