PDA

View Full Version : Madden NFL 16 Commercial

JBHuskers
08-21-2015, 10:36 AM
This is good :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eVF9uBbuqc&feature=youtu.be

steelerfan
08-21-2015, 12:14 PM
Only made it through 2 minutes before I checked to see how long it was and, when I saw that it was almost 5 minutes, I decided to not waste any more of my life on it. Dumb.

cdj
08-21-2015, 12:30 PM
I thought last year's 'Madden Season' was better. :( Maybe a funny concept here, but seems like they tried too hard.

skipwondah33
08-21-2015, 12:38 PM
Seems like they did, even though it's suppose to come off as hilariously not taking things too serious. Weird

JBHuskers
08-21-2015, 12:42 PM
I thought Kaepernick was good as Pacino.

CLW
08-21-2015, 01:21 PM
I don't get it but 35 y.o. life long gamers are clearly not the target demographic for any EA products.

skipwondah33
08-21-2015, 01:23 PM
I don't get it but 35 y.o. life long gamers are clearly not the target demographic for any EA products.Can't be really I guess.

We are the generation who are saying "I'm not wasting my hard earned money on this because of past issues they haven't fixed since 1993, etc"

Meanwhile 14-21 or so year olds only know the now and aren't worried about that

Difficult to cater to us..we'll never be satisfied :D

JBHuskers
08-21-2015, 01:25 PM
I love the idiot commenters saying "they have a budget for this, but not for the game". Two separate piles of money, idiots.

jaymo76
08-21-2015, 01:53 PM
What the hell was that? Did someone spike my coffee? Am I tripping out right now?

JBHuskers
08-21-2015, 02:14 PM
What the hell was that? Did someone spike my coffee? Am I tripping out right now?

:D :D

CLW
08-21-2015, 05:13 PM
I love the idiot commenters saying "they have a budget for this, but not for the game". Two separate piles of money, idiots.

Unless there are two distinct legal entities involved - no its ONE pile of money. EA just decides to use too large (IMO) a piece of that pie of money on dumb [censored] ads like this.

JBHuskers
08-21-2015, 05:22 PM
Unless there are two distinct legal entities involved - no its ONE pile of money. EA just decides to use too large (IMO) a piece of that pie of money on dumb [censored] ads like this.
It's called a budget for A and a budget for B :fp:

souljahbill
08-21-2015, 06:44 PM
I watched the whole thing. Was that even about the game?

gschwendt
08-21-2015, 06:56 PM
JB... hear it this way.

You have $100. You can spend $30 on EA Access (marketing) and have $70 to put towards buying a game (development). Or, you can spend $60 towards EA Access and only have $40 to put towards buying a game.

Either way, the choice is yours for which priority to focus on. If you spend the $30, you can easily buy Fallout 4... otherwise, if you spend the $60, you can one copy of Pure Hold'em and a couple of DLC characters for Gauntlet.

Which scenario would you prefer?

bdoughty
08-21-2015, 07:06 PM
I have taken shits more entertaining than that video.

JB... hear it this way.

You have $100. You can spend $30 on EA Access (marketing) and have $70 to put towards buying a game (development). Or, you can spend $60 towards EA Access and only have $40 to put towards buying a game.

Either way, the choice is yours for which priority to focus on. If you spend the $30, you can easily buy Fallout 4... otherwise, if you spend the $60, you can one copy of Pure Hold'em and a couple of DLC characters for Gauntlet.

Whatever scenario gets him the most achievements/gamerscores?

SmoothPancakes
08-21-2015, 07:08 PM
Whatever scenario gets him the most achievements/gamerscores.

:+1: :nod: :D

steelerfan
08-21-2015, 07:30 PM
JB... hear it this way.

Oh, damn!

This. Is. Fucking. Hilarious!

Bravo, Tommy!

:D:D:D
:clap:

gschwendt
08-21-2015, 07:52 PM
Oh, damn!

This. Is. Fucking. Hilarious!

Bravo, Tommy!

:D:D:D
:clap:
I have to admit, I was proud of that as I was typing it out.

JBHuskers
08-21-2015, 08:04 PM
Apples, oranges, blow me :D

bdoughty
08-21-2015, 08:13 PM
Fruitfucker, is that you?

http://i.imgur.com/4dqp4nN.jpg

CLW
08-21-2015, 08:51 PM

JB... hear it this way.

Exactly - a single person/entity doesn't have multiple budgets they have ONE budget and they chose how to spend their $ according to their priorities. EA prioritizes hype/marketing with idiotic commercials > paying the salaries for extra employees to improve the game.

cdj
08-21-2015, 10:40 PM
I watched the whole thing. Was that even about the game?

I'll be interested in seeing how they shorten this down to coherent 30-60 second commercials for TV because as you said, it's not really about the game.

steelerfan
08-21-2015, 11:15 PM
I'll be interested in seeing how they shorten this down to coherent 30-60 second commercials for TV because as you said, it's not really about the game.
Just saw a 30 second one. Made no sense. :fp:

"Get ready for a video game so colossal, they made a movie about it."

That commercial likely confused more people than interested them.

bdoughty
08-22-2015, 03:42 AM
"Get ready for a video game so colossal, they made a movie about it.

Hitman Agent 47? :D Currently at 7% on RT. :fp:

skipwondah33
08-22-2015, 11:58 AM
Exactly - a single person/entity doesn't have multiple budgets they have ONE budget and they chose how to spend their $ according to their priorities. EA prioritizes hype/marketing with idiotic commercials > paying the salaries for extra employees to improve the game.

Ehh...game was going to sale whether they had this commercial or not.

Commercial didn't set them back on budget allowed for making the game...same as COD's when they put out those cameo laced commercials they have.

This sounds like the ol' they "shouldn't have wasted time on making Mascot mode" argument lol.

steelerfan
08-22-2015, 01:13 PM
Ehh...game was going to sale whether they had this commercial or not.

Commercial didn't set them back on budget allowed for making the game...same as COD's when they put out those cameo laced commercials they have.

This sounds like the ol' they "shouldn't have wasted time on making Mascot mode" argument lol.
I don't know where you people think the money for commercials comes from. :fp:

CLW
08-22-2015, 04:12 PM
I don't know where you people think the money for commercials comes from. :fp:

Its epidemic in this country that too few understand even the basics of budgeting.

steelerfan
08-22-2015, 04:30 PM
Its epidemic in this country that too few understand even the basics of budgeting.
Apparently.

SmoothPancakes
08-22-2015, 05:36 PM
They just spend money like it was coming out of their metaphorical wiener.

gigemaggs99
08-22-2015, 06:47 PM
I don't get it but 35 y.o. life long gamers are clearly not the target demographic for any EA products.

Not sure what age they are going for, I watched it, thought some parts were funny but then again it doesn't show much of the actual game. Thought the coach yelling in his ear was funny.... (I'm 38).

My 7 year old watched it and said, "WHAT WAS THAT?" He wants to know if the video game is going to look like that.

My 4 year old just stood there with eyes wide open.

So I guess to answer your questions, they're targeting somewhere between 4 & 38.... :dunno: