PDA

View Full Version : 16-hour Madden Livestream - 8/19

cdj
08-18-2015, 09:07 PM

CLW
08-19-2015, 07:39 AM
just started the stream - always "interesting" to see devs play (they usually BLOW and/or are cheesers)

CLW
08-19-2015, 07:54 AM
these guys have ZERO personaility (and the mics keep scratching) - so far just opening up MUT packs

CLW
08-19-2015, 08:13 AM
CFM 2-4 EST

CLW
08-19-2015, 09:16 AM
just watched the 1st MUT game:

the guys playing are not very good but the passing defense was awful - guys were wide open on every play

streaks were just money - every time a guy called all streaks it was a completed deep bomb

game appears to be tweaked slightly but more of the same from Madden this year (gameplay wise)

CLW
08-19-2015, 09:21 AM
Nice little additions in MUT - (1) from your items you can just click and see what each card is currently going for on the auction block (2) you can block quick sell all those crappy cards (up to 100)

CLW
08-19-2015, 09:32 AM
these little challenges for MUT are nice - just redid the last super bowl one

CLW
08-19-2015, 09:49 AM
draft champions is interesting

CLW
08-19-2015, 10:42 AM
just opening packs over and over and over - cannot believe people actually care about who someone gets in a random pack opening

skipwondah33
08-19-2015, 10:44 AM
Haha yeah that is the feeling I got as well. That happened last Madden release too. People take this mode serious!

Wonder how much people spent that got MUT rewards?

CLW
08-19-2015, 10:49 AM
Haha yeah that is the feeling I got as well. That happened last Madden release too. People take this mode serious!

Wonder how much people spent that got MUT rewards?

Yeah I just play it for the trophies but its OBVIOUS packs are NOT the way to go - better to build your team through the auction block for people who way underprice items.

CLW
08-19-2015, 12:28 PM
Another game allot of deep throws/aggressive catches - seems overpowered IMO and defense is going to be "problematic"

jaymo76
08-19-2015, 12:29 PM
People are just ripping this game. Everyone is saying it looks identical to Madden 15. Clearly these people are casuals or don't follow closely or they would know CFM got no attention other than the draft and presentation was almost 100% untouched.

I appreciate the WR/DB interactions. They are awesome. The penalties are a nice touch too. However, the rest of the game is so dissapointing (CFM). Madden has a huge development team. What did they do???

JBHuskers
08-19-2015, 12:30 PM
Or they're 2K fanboys who can't get out of 2004.

CLW
08-19-2015, 12:32 PM
Or they're 2K fanboys who can't get out of 2004.

That's EA's fault as much as anything - they bought the exclusive rights - thus people are going to critique this game to death because EA eliminated the consumer's ability to choose an alternative product.

jaymo76
08-19-2015, 12:47 PM
I suspect Madden 16 will win a lot of awards and people will love the gameplay. Then within 2-3 weeks the backlash will come as all of the most likely unfixed CFM flaws become largely known and the repetitive nature of the game and lack of immersion is felt by gamers.

In my ea access I will sim a season and do a draft then check out the draft picks equipment, how they are announced, etc. I have heard nothing about changes AFTER the 1st season.

jaymo76
08-19-2015, 12:48 PM
Comment on sliders.... "yes sliders work. You can turn them way up. Yes."

souljahbill
08-19-2015, 12:49 PM
That's EA's fault as much as anything - they bought the exclusive rights - thus people are going to critique this game to death because EA eliminated the consumer's ability to choose an alternative product.

The exclusive rights were up for sale. They would've been idiots to decline.

CLW
08-19-2015, 12:51 PM
maybe the devs just suck (and they def don't play sim) but the pass defense AI looks really bad

CLW
08-19-2015, 12:53 PM
The exclusive rights were up for sale. They would've been idiots to decline.

If you buy exclusivity - expect people to pick your game apart and demand perfection - its just the way it works - i'm sure EA is making more $ because of it - more importantly they can go with this small incremental approach with no fears of getting blown out - however this had led a significant % of the sports gaming public to hate the company/game for it bc they feel that if 2K was still in the picture they would have a better product

jaymo76
08-19-2015, 12:54 PM
Unbelievable... they have a section on presentation and then cut it and skip the halftime show to advertise what is upcoming.... TRANSLATION... no changes have been made. That is horrible EA! People in the stream were waiting for that.

CLW
08-19-2015, 12:57 PM
Unbelievable... they have a section on presentation and then cut it and skip the halftime show to advertise what is upcoming.... TRANSLATION... no changes have been made. That is horrible EA! People in the stream were waiting for that.

yep they have spent the MOST time just opening up MUT packs

CLW
08-19-2015, 12:59 PM
judging by the focus of EA in this stream - i think its safe to say that I am no longer considered their target or even primary audience - i dont like MUT (i only play for the trophies) - i want to play offline/online CFM and i want defense (i'm tired of 56-49 scores)

jaymo76
08-19-2015, 01:01 PM
The recomendation is NOT be offline but be online and use the cloud. (EA Dev.)

jaymo76
08-19-2015, 01:03 PM
It's official... no changes to Owner Mode.

CLW
08-19-2015, 01:05 PM
these 3 morons are driving me nuts - they have spent 5 mins talking about what team and then dividing up their own responsibilities for this franchise (which will last an hour) - just show us the damn mode and what changes (if any) were made

jaymo76
08-19-2015, 01:06 PM
Dev. recommendation... play on PRO until you are comfortable. Game recommendation... skip preseason. What have they done to my game?

CLW
08-19-2015, 01:08 PM
Dev. recommendation... play on PRO until you are comfortable. Game recommendation... skip preseason. What have they done to my game?

Its for casuals and MUT now - they only care about the cash cow MUT and catering to the casual masses

jaymo76
08-19-2015, 01:08 PM
Really like the depth chart screen. Much better IMO!

jaymo76
08-19-2015, 01:11 PM
After a TRADE Tebow's confidence drops to 40... why???

CLW
08-19-2015, 01:11 PM
Really like the depth chart screen. Much better IMO!

yep looks allot better

jaymo76
08-19-2015, 01:15 PM
So if the QB is new or doesn't have a history in the league the Monolith shows Russel Wilson's feet...

Game Intros are 100% identitcal to 15.

CLW
08-19-2015, 01:19 PM
So if the QB is new or doesn't have a history in the league the Monolith shows Russel Wilson's feet...

Game Intros are 100% identitcal to 15.

yep noticed that too - looked AWFUL - and Tebow has a league history

jaymo76
08-19-2015, 01:24 PM
LOL. Kind of figured the people who developed this game would know how to play it (on pro nonetheless).

CLW
08-19-2015, 01:26 PM
I "love" how this is supposed to be CFM talk and they have literally showed us NOTHING about CFM.

jaymo76
08-19-2015, 01:29 PM
I "love" how this is supposed to be CFM talk and they have literally showed us NOTHING about CFM.

Because they have nothing new to show! The new depth chart screen was about it. Scouting doesn't start until week three. Tweets are gone and they only have a short news feed section now. You are seeing exactly what CFM is for 16. This is why I am so frustrated with the game this year... CFM is untouched!

CLW
08-19-2015, 01:33 PM
Because they have nothing new to show! The new depth chart screen was about it. Scouting doesn't start until week three. Tweets are gone and they only have a short news feed section now. You are seeing exactly what CFM is for 16. This is why I am so frustrated with the game this year... CFM is untouched!

do you know if you can actually quickly see what others have done in an online CFM (like NCAA)

CLW
08-19-2015, 01:43 PM
wow i'd love to take a baseball bat to these 3 morons heads

jaymo76
08-19-2015, 01:44 PM
do you know if you can actually quickly see what others have done in an online CFM (like NCAA)

Don't know actually as I have only ever played one online CFM and that was solo.

jaymo76
08-19-2015, 01:53 PM
Wow! Full game stats for the cpu... Alex Smith with 82 yards passing in a 25-13 win over Houston.

CLW
08-19-2015, 01:55 PM
Im giving up on this stream - these guys make me want to pull my own hair out

jaymo76
08-19-2015, 01:56 PM
Finally scouting!!!

jaymo76
08-19-2015, 02:00 PM
Okay finally somthing I like to see. The scouting looks very good. I think that will be more fun than it is now.

jaymo76
08-19-2015, 02:02 PM
Free practise is a nice addition. I could see using that from time-to-time.

steelerfan
08-19-2015, 02:04 PM
wow i'd love to take a baseball bat to these 3 morons heads
Stay classy!

jaymo76
08-19-2015, 02:05 PM
Back to scouting... the watch list is a great addition. You need to scout every week though or you lose 50% of your points.

JBHuskers
08-19-2015, 02:17 PM
yep noticed that too - looked AWFUL - and Tebow has a league history

Of being ranked 33rd in the league in passing completion %...

skipwondah33
08-19-2015, 02:26 PM
Of being ranked 33rd in the league in passing completion %......3 years ago at that. Hasn't played a meaningful game since 2012

jaymo76
08-19-2015, 02:29 PM
Reading some OS posts.... apparently the WR/DB interactions ar fantastic... BUT OL/DL line interaction has been absolutely neutered. I have seen almost no sacks in the stream.

JBHuskers
08-19-2015, 02:55 PM
Reading some OS posts.... apparently the WR/DB interactions ar fantastic... BUT OL/DL line interaction has been absolutely neutered. I have seen almost no sacks in the stream.

I've had a good amount of sacks in the games I've played. I agree with the WR/DB interactions.

CLW
08-19-2015, 02:59 PM
I agree the interactions look good - however i do not think it has ANY impact on how the game plays - i'm just not seeing any difference in the passing game/passing defense. it looks better but its the same thing (guys open every play)

i'm also not seeing any pass rush (unless its a user jump snap)

CLW
08-19-2015, 03:05 PM
HILARIOUS - after allegedly doing CFM (where they mentioned next to nothing about the improvements to the mode) they go back to MUT and begin a VERY SERIOUS conversation about all the new/improved stuff in the mode.

safe to say CFM is 100% the same as last year

skipwondah33
08-19-2015, 03:08 PM
I agree the interactions look good - however i do not think it has ANY impact on how the game plays - i'm just not seeing any difference in the passing game/passing defense. it looks better but its the same thing (guys open every play)

i'm also not seeing any pass rush (unless its a user jump snap)I think the interactions include the way the Defender can play/punch the ball and the way they defend passes. Like the ones Rudy posted of the CB's doing some pretty solid things. Simultaneous catch, pass interference, etc.

Which I think all do have a factor into Gameplay. Not just the hand jostling, but I could be wrong

JBHuskers
08-19-2015, 03:11 PM
HILARIOUS - after allegedly doing CFM (where they mentioned next to nothing about the improvements to the mode) they go back to MUT and begin a VERY SERIOUS conversation about all the new/improved stuff in the mode.

safe to say CFM is 100% the same as last year

Yeah outside of the dynamic drive, game, season, and career goals in-game, just a few tweaks here and there.

CLW
08-19-2015, 03:15 PM
Yeah outside of the dynamic drive, game, season, and career goals in-game, just a few tweaks here and there.

disappointing - i'd personally be interested in seeing the stats (im sure EA has) on how the game is played - maybe noone plays career mode anymore and I'm just a dinosaur

skipwondah33
08-19-2015, 03:18 PM
By the sounds of it, the priority list is

#1 MUT/Draft Champions (whatever that is)
#2 CFM

I would put Online play in there but there really isn't anything they can add to that is there? In terms of features or additions.

JBHuskers
08-19-2015, 03:18 PM
Shopmaster is going to do a 24 hour stream starting at midnight, I'm sure you can find the details on his Twitter - www.twitter.com/Shopmaster

I'm going to probably stream tomorrow night as well and me mic'd up for questions and take some requests.

skipwondah33
08-19-2015, 03:20 PM
I'm going to probably stream tomorrow night as well and me mic'd up for questions and take some requests.Steelers gameplay on All-Madden or nothing

Preferably against some other lucky bastard who was fortunate to have the game early lol

jaymo76
08-19-2015, 03:25 PM
No coverage on the flats or slants. I expect big human pass game numbers.

jaymo76
08-19-2015, 03:26 PM
I've had a good amount of sacks in the games I've played. I agree with the WR/DB interactions.

User controlled? OS people said blitzes or user controlled DL are the only way to get sacks. The issue was that the cpu AI players do nothing.

CLW
08-19-2015, 03:30 PM
Shopmaster is going to do a 24 hour stream starting at midnight, I'm sure you can find the details on his Twitter - www.twitter.com/Shopmaster (http://www.twitter.com/Shopmaster)

I'm going to probably stream tomorrow night as well and me mic'd up for questions and take some requests.

Cool look forward to seeing some decent guys play the game and see if I'm wrong.

CLW
08-19-2015, 03:33 PM
Yeah they spent a ton of time fine tuning MUT

souljahbill
08-19-2015, 03:51 PM
If you buy exclusivity - expect people to pick your game apart and demand perfection - its just the way it works - i'm sure EA is making more $ because of it - more importantly they can go with this small incremental approach with no fears of getting blown out - however this had led a significant % of the sports gaming public to hate the company/game for it bc they feel that if 2K was still in the picture they would have a better product

I have no problem with people being critical but the notion that EA is the reason there's no 2K is laughable. The NFL wanted exclusivity and EA got it. The NFL is all about making something "The official __________ of the NFL."

JBHuskers
08-19-2015, 03:59 PM
Steelers gameplay on All-Madden or nothing

Preferably against some other lucky bastard who was fortunate to have the game early lol

Request it in the chat on the stream :D

User controlled? OS people said blitzes or user controlled DL are the only way to get sacks. The issue was that the cpu AI players do nothing.

I'd need to pay more attention, probably more user than CPU I'd assume.

Yeah they spent a ton of time fine tuning MUT

Yeah I love the situational journeys. It's a good way to start building your team without buying packs.

skipwondah33
08-19-2015, 04:03 PM
Damn it JB lol.

Just say what time you will do it and I'll be there haha. Not trying to sit there and wait for you all night like last time :D

CLW
08-19-2015, 04:06 PM
Yeah I love the situational journeys. It's a good way to start building your team without buying packs.

maybe i'll try taking mut seriously (instead of just whoring out the trophies)

is there a guide/video that outlines all these challenges/collectibles - i.e. what do i need to start them and what i get when/if i complete them?

jaymo76
Damn it JB lol.

Just say what time you will do it and I'll be there haha. Not trying to sit there and wait for you all night like last time :D

JB... EA ACCESS on the ONE or your PS4 COPY?

JBHuskers
Damn it JB lol.

I will put you at the front of the line if you are in when I stream :D my guess would be 6 or 7 central tomorrow if I am free.

JBHuskers
JB... EA ACCESS on the ONE or your PS4 COPY?

I've had it on XB1 for a couple three weeks now. Was helping test to get it ready for EA Access.

JBHuskers
08-19-2015, 04:08 PM
maybe i'll try taking mut seriously (instead of just whoring out the trophies)

is there a guide/video that outlines all these challenges/collectibles - i.e. what do i need to start them and what i get when/if i complete them?

It's pretty self explanatory on the game.

jaymo76
08-19-2015, 04:17 PM
It's pretty self explanatory on the game.

I know it's a old argument but I refuse to do MUT/HUT etc. After dropping a good chunk of money you then essentially pay a lot more money to make a strong team to use online. This stone is out of blood.

JBHuskers
08-19-2015, 04:50 PM
I know it's a old argument but I refuse to do MUT/HUT etc. After dropping a good chunk of money you then essentially pay a lot more money to make a strong team to use online. This stone is out of blood.

I hardly play anyone online. I just go through the solo challenges and there are a shit load to do so there is always something to do.

CLW
08-19-2015, 05:52 PM
lol these guys are pissed people are worried/complaining about aggressive catch being overpowered

cdj
08-19-2015, 06:51 PM
What the heck is Rex doing on kickoff returns? He is about to lose to hoopgawd.

gigemaggs99
08-19-2015, 06:53 PM
I want to know if they fixed or updated the TE or HB momentum thing when you throw them a pass on Madden 15, they will run out of bounds instead of turning up field. Has this been addressed?

I asked on the EASPORTS live broadcast but they don't answer. Busy over there.

jaymo76
08-19-2015, 07:00 PM
I want to know if they fixed or updated the TE or HB momentum thing when you throw them a pass on Madden 15, they will run out of bounds instead of turning up field. Has this been addressed?

Considering they said it was fixed last year... I'm highly skeptical.

CLW
08-19-2015, 07:01 PM
lol that Rex guy is really pissed/angry about people questioning whether aggressive catch is overpowered

steelerfan
08-19-2015, 07:30 PM

I saw it in the 5 minutes that I've watched from a video the other day. Not fixed.

Rudy
08-19-2015, 08:05 PM

i'm also not seeing any pass rush (unless its a user jump snap)

I think the WR and DB stuff will be huge. Before deep balls were automatic knock downs and wins for dbs regardless of ratings. This will no longer be the case. And I can choose possession catch so my idiot WRs stay in bounds!

gigemaggs99
08-19-2015, 08:35 PM
This early release business must really put the hurting on things like Midnight release at Gamestop. In the past people would show up early at Gamestop to see the game, play it and then rush home at midnight to play.

Now it seems like the mentality is, yeah great, game has been out for over a week now....just give me my copy.

No?

SmoothPancakes
08-19-2015, 11:39 PM
Makes absolutely no difference to me. I hated midnight releases. Before we got a GameStop in town, I always had to go next town over (20 miles down the highway), had to leave by 11:30, lucky if I even got home by 1am, and usually had to work the next day anyways which meant I couldn't do much beyond 3am. Or even if I didn't have to work, I was usually tired as hell from being awake between 5-7am every day.

Throw in the burned gas driving there and back, standing outside with a bunch of weird ass people in the dark at 12am, usually outside a building with not the greatest lighting from the parking, I was about to start carrying a gun on me if I had to do that much longer. Some of the people out there in those lines were just straight up shady fuckers. Then you had the people who wanted to sit there telling you their whole life story in line. I'm tired, it's 12am, I'm standing in a line with a bunch of weird people in a town I'm not from, I'm not in the mood to talk about whatever inane bullshit you're talking about. Probably the reason I only did that crap maybe two or three times max before I said fuck it and never did it again.

Now, I don't even have to associate with that crap. I just simply digitally preorder the game on my console, preload it and start playing right at 12:01, while all those morons are still standing in line. Or, if I don't want to order it digitally, I just order via Amazon and will patiently wait to play later that afternoon when UPS drops it off. Skip all the bullshit, skip all the risk of standing outside in a dim lit parking lot in the pitch black dark at 12am.

skipwondah33
08-20-2015, 08:40 AM
Watching Shopmaster's stream.

Mark Sanchez is/was rather terrible. Wilson badly threw some passes as well. Unsure of the difficulty they are playing on.

Guy he was playing tried to throw a pass in the endzone to AJ Green...attempted aggressive catch and DB broke it up in endzone. Nice play that looked like a TD

skipwondah33
08-20-2015, 09:14 AM
Haven't seen but 1 actually completed. Every single one has been knocked down by either Shopmaster manually or his CPU defenders knocking the ball out or away from defender.

JBHuskers
08-20-2015, 04:32 PM
Still on track to start streaming at 5:30 central....

gigemaggs99
08-20-2015, 08:12 PM
Makes absolutely no difference to me. I hated midnight releases. Before we got a GameStop in town, I always had to go next town over (20 miles down the highway), had to leave by 11:30, lucky if I even got home by 1am, and usually had to work the next day anyways which meant I couldn't do much beyond 3am. Or even if I didn't have to work, I was usually tired as hell from being awake between 5-7am every day.

Throw in the burned gas driving there and back, standing outside with a bunch of weird ass people in the dark at 12am, usually outside a building with not the greatest lighting from the parking, I was about to start carrying a gun on me if I had to do that much longer. Some of the people out there in those lines were just straight up shady fuckers. Then you had the people who wanted to sit there telling you their whole life story in line. I'm tired, it's 12am, I'm standing in a line with a bunch of weird people in a town I'm not from, I'm not in the mood to talk about whatever inane bullshit you're talking about. Probably the reason I only did that crap maybe two or three times max before I said fuck it and never did it again.

Now, I don't even have to associate with that crap. I just simply digitally preorder the game on my console, preload it and start playing right at 12:01, while all those morons are still standing in line. Or, if I don't want to order it digitally, I just order via Amazon and will patiently wait to play later that afternoon when UPS drops it off. Skip all the bullshit, skip all the risk of standing outside in a dim lit parking lot in the pitch black dark at 12am.

LOL, we must go to the same gamestop!

I'm old, I simply pick it up the next day around 10:00AM when they open, there is zero line, I'm rested and my copy is still reserved.

SmoothPancakes
08-20-2015, 08:50 PM
LOL, we must go to the same gamestop!

I'm old, I simply pick it up the next day around 10:00AM when they open, there is zero line, I'm rested and my copy is still reserved.
That's the other great way of doing it. I've gone in at 10am the next day before, no one there, I can just stroll right in at 10 on the dot and walk out 30 seconds later. :)

steelerfan
08-20-2015, 09:34 PM
I'm a night owl so I used to do the midnight release for some games. I don't buy physical copies anymore so no more of that for me.

gigemaggs99
08-22-2015, 09:08 PM
So I'm watching the live stream of Madden 16 with the zfarls guy, how in the world does he get 60 packs to open at once?

SmoothPancakes
08-23-2015, 01:10 PM
Oral pleasure of several Madden higher ups.