PDA

View Full Version : Madden 16 Impressions

Pages : [1] 2

Rudy
08-13-2015, 07:45 AM
Someone at OS has the game. Hoping some of the owners here will get a copy too.

Here's a vine of new animations from Steve at OS. Youtube videos have been taken down.

https://twitter.com/Steve_OS/status/631553351218524161

Rudy
08-13-2015, 07:54 AM
Some quotes from Q&A: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/849686-madden-16-q-thread.html

Game has a somewhat different feel, still on first game so really hard to tell. QB seems to be almost rooted in the pocket if that makes sense, like they almost want to stay there, I mean when I'm controlling. Russell Wilson scrambled out of pocket at 10, thought he would eat the sack, as I closed in he jumped off one leg and found Graham over the middle for a TD. Don't think that happens in 15. I'm recording some plays, I'll try to upload when I can. Most surprising thing so far is a punt that bounced straight up in the air at the 5, really shocked me. Playing on all pro default sliders

it's gonna take time to get used to the l2 for low throw, l1 for high, double tap for touch, hold for bullet, tap for lob, then deciding which catch to use (aggressive (triangle), RAC (square), possession (X)). I like the tackling, best this gen so far by a long shot.

the ball does seem to pop up in the air more often than not. Will need more time to answer for sure. As far as pass interference, yes it is called on incompletions as well. Defensive holding seems to be called on the defender playing the intended receiver, as in I havent seen it called away from the play. Again, I have played 2 games so far, so we will see.

Assisted tackles are definitely being recorded, both games I've played I have seen defenders with more assists than solo tackles. Double digit total tackle games will be common, greatly improved. Now as far as what the game considers an assist, I have to do more research on that. Overall stats look good so far, havent had crazy sack games so far.

Game speed on normal seems a bit quicker than last year, but not by much, havent played any other speed.

Robo QB seems toned down, there were incompletions, also if you are under pressure and attempt a throw, a little red message comes up saying " under pressure ". Ive thrown multiple incompletions when this happens, and 2 ints as well. Robo kicker Im afraid still might be an issue. It appears also that cpu running is underpowered, played against Seattle and Dallas and stopping the run wasnt difficult on all-pro.

About players playing different, I noticed R. Wilson was much quicker to leave the pocket than Romo (he does say in one post that Wilson throws after scrambling too), unfortunately it seemed like Romo would at times do the madden 15 QB freeze in pocket and not move thing, a little concerning. To answer the question, yes, the 2 CPU qbs I played against played differently.

Only other player tat I've seen is Martavis Bryant's neck tat, will update if I see any others. Can confirm 3rd RB position is in depth chart

IMO there are too many one handed grabs, these are few and far between in real nfl games, at least one or more in each game I've played, aggressive catch OP in my short time w game, hope to see it even out. As far as repeating animations, I have been ok with the variety, too many deep balls w aggressive catch have wr jumping, spinning, catching. RAC on deep pass in stride is nice, avoids stutter from previous years allowing DBS to unrealistically catch up.

CPU return game sucks to put it bluntly, pretty much straight shot every time.

Haven't had a bad exchange yet, though I thought there was one out of shotgun from a video a few weeks back?

Will check weather options, pretty sure nothings changed from previous versions.

No blocks of any kind, also pretty sure at this point robo kicker alive and well.

But on a positive note, robo QB seems to have been killed, I just hope not too much. Played a half of Bills Pats and CPU Brady wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire. Also, intentional grounding hasn't been fixed, or is ever called period from what I've seen.

Playing all-pro, had 3 sacks (5 team) with Mario Williams, 6 min qtrs no acc clock. Also, I think Madden needs to start showing replays on penalties, defensive holding penalties are replayed in real games EVERY time. And it would add a nice touch for the refs to start saying the players number so you dont have to wait to find out who it was. They should also announce the full penalty and situation, " holding, offense, number 67, 10 yard penalty, still 2nd down" how cool would that be?

Rudy
08-13-2015, 07:55 AM
Simmed stats look good:
Simmed franchise to playoffs, default settings on everything.

Top 3 rbs

J. Charles 276 carries 1476 yards 5.3avg 12 tds
M lynch 249 1406 5.6 6 tds
A. Morris 312 1367 4.4 5 tds

Top 3 qbs (qbr has a bunch of 2 and 3 attempt guys at top, sorted by yards passing)

Rodgers 97.6 4755 36 tds 19 ints
Rivers 108.1 4313 28 tds 6 ints
P manning 95.5 4305 34 tds 18 ints

Top 3 wrs

R. Cobb 111 1352 14

A. Brown 102 1188 3 tds

D. Thomas 95 1254 11 tds

Tackles (total assists and solo) top six are all mlbs

Jon Bostic 145

Colin McCarthy 127

Stephen tulloch 120

Sacks

Aldon smith 21.5
Justin Houston 20.5
Robert Quinn 17.0
Honorable mention JJ watt 15.5

Ints

Corey graham 8
Patrick peterson 7
Reggie Nelson 6

jaymo76
08-13-2015, 11:28 AM
Two guys with 20+ sacks? Yikes! I suspect the LE sack bug is still in the game then???

skipwondah33
08-13-2015, 11:53 AM
Two guys with 20+ sacks? Yikes! I suspect the LE sack bug is still in the game then???Isn't Aldon Smith a ROLB? And Robert Quinn a RE? I haven't followed this bug although I have heard about it a few times on here.

jaymo76
08-13-2015, 03:02 PM
Two guys with 20+ sacks? Yikes! I suspect the LE sack bug is still in the game then???

Isn't Aldon Smith a ROLB? And Robert Quinn a RE? I haven't followed this bug although I have heard about it a few times on here.

Actually I looked up last's years stats and these sack totals are remarkably accurate.

skipwondah33
08-13-2015, 03:06 PM
Yeah I knew Houston was high up on the sack list, how many not sure. And of course I knew Watt had a high number as well with an insane season.

Rudy
08-13-2015, 05:02 PM
The le sack bug did not affect simmed stats. I did feel it was balanced last year as in the past the RE was always handcuffed in actual game stats and performance.

skipwondah33
08-13-2015, 05:15 PM
Justin Smith wrecked havoc for me when I had the Niners a few seasons back. Harrison and Tuitt have their moments for me as well.

Was this an All-Pro of CFM thing?

jaymo76
08-13-2015, 07:38 PM
The le sack bug did not affect simmed stats. I did feel it was balanced last year as in the past the RE was always handcuffed in actual game stats and performance.

Totally disagree on this one. In my 15 CFM with Oakland in THREE seasons LaMarr Woodley (LE) has amassed 67 sacks! RE's Olivier in his first season had 5 sacks. Tuck had 11 sacks in his first season, 13 behind Woodley. The left DT and LE have dissproportionate sacks as compared to the right side IMO.

jaymo76
08-13-2015, 07:50 PM
Haven't seen the videos but a few things I have heard a lot about:

1. stat banners go as fast as last year...

2. Too many one hand catches

3. QB robo accuracy is very prominent with the exception of a game here or there

4. CPU running lcogic involved going straigth forward

5. zero commentary improvements

Points 2 and 3 can probably be fixed with patches and sliders. Point 4 is dissapointing. Point 5 is no shock as Tiburon already said this wasn't a focus. Point 1 however is simply mind-boggling. How could something so easy to address and so clearly flawed not be fixed again this year?

I have heard on default there is a good chunk of peanlties which is great to hear. Also there does not appear to be repitition with catch animations which is excellent news.

PS anyone know where to find those vids since YouTube and OS pulled them? I would like to get a good look for myself. Haivngh logges several hundreds of hours with Madden 15 I will be able to spot the differences pretty quickly.

Rudy
08-13-2015, 08:06 PM
Video embargo by EA lifts next Friday I think.

skipwondah33
08-13-2015, 09:30 PM
I have a gif of a pretty nice catch by Dez

JBHuskers
08-14-2015, 12:44 PM
I've had the game for a couple weeks now and I can say I'm pretty pleased with the WR/DB interactions for the most part. They are pretty varied.

jaymo76
08-14-2015, 09:18 PM
I've had the game for a couple weeks now and I can say I'm pretty pleased with the WR/DB interactions for the most part. They are pretty varied.

I guess the real Q though, do new interactions and a new draft warrant a purchase price of $69.99 (or $79.99Cdn)? If the game still becomes "boring" after a copule weeks of CFM then is 16 worth the upgrade over 15?

JBHuskers
08-14-2015, 09:56 PM
I guess the real Q though, do new interactions and a new draft warrant a purchase price of $69.99 (or $79.99Cdn)? If the game still becomes "boring" after a copule weeks of CFM then is 16 worth the upgrade over 15?
Dynamic Drive goals and constant updates to progession towards game, season, and career goals are cool.

Outside of that I haven't dug into CFM a ton yet or gotten to the draft yet.

gigemaggs99
08-14-2015, 10:54 PM
Who says it only happens in Madden?

https://www.facebook.com/NFL/videos/10153285761876263/

Rudy
08-15-2015, 04:43 AM
That was a heck of a TD run.

Jaymo, I did the Amazon e3 deal so I'm getting the game for $56 Canadian. M15 became unplayable for me so m16 can only be better. The overly easy inside running, especially out of shotgun on every difficulty level was a game killer for me. It's supposed to be better this year. All pro is supposed to be harder. We will see. I have a feeling cpu qbs won't be good enough on all pro and I'll end up on all madden again.

Rudy
08-15-2015, 04:50 AM
Full game on all madden. This video is third quarter, looks like EA is taking these down.

https://youtu.be/FKSZ6Nz4m5s

jaymo76
08-15-2015, 05:20 AM
Full game on all madden. This video is third quarter, looks like EA is taking these down.

https://youtu.be/FKSZ6Nz4m5s

Thanks Rudy! Just watched the 2nd and 4th Q's as well. The 1st is already down. This is the first video I have seen. A lot of positives for sure and a lot of atypical Madden stuff that will drive you nuts. .

jaymo76
08-15-2015, 05:32 AM
Vid Clips overview:

PROS:
-pup-ups are actually really nice
-stat banners last a little bit longer now
-a lot more information available
-announcers comment on number of carries, catches and completions
-cpu run D looks vastly improved (up to the 59 yard TD rush by Lacy)
-crowd seems a lot more animated
-some good animations between opposing team players

CONS:
-Robo QB accuracy
-WR still runs out of bounds
-ZERO cpu run game
-terrible cpu return game
-commentary is frequently wrong... 1st play of the drive "this is the 8th play of the drive"
-only one penalty in 3 quarters (Holding)
-the Bears head coach... what a horrible animation!!! Awful!!! (shoulders, body, etc.)

Sidenotes:
-coaches are now holding Gatorade cups
-still no notification of an onside kick upcoming
-game looks faster than last year... I prefer slower speeds.

jaymo76
08-15-2015, 05:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVVc-mA8P4s

Great catch animation here. Also, Miami is wearing the throwbacks they will wear later in the season. Nice!

jaymo76
08-15-2015, 05:40 AM
Well, I watched all of this guys clips/footage tonight. I will say that I am surprised how "good" the new WR/DB animations look and play out. They really look fantastic! EA should NOT be taking these videos down. This is the type of publicity they need since their advertising campaign this year was awful!

Rudy
08-15-2015, 04:14 PM
I love the Dolphins throwbacks. Should be permanent!

jaymo76
08-15-2015, 07:09 PM
I love the Dolphins throwbacks. Should be permanent!

Yeah they look great. The teal and red just pop perfectly. I suspect within a few seasons they will move back to those unis. The new ones have no character and I am not a fan of the logo.

jaymo76
08-15-2015, 07:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQX9Q_XNqgs

skipwondah33
08-15-2015, 07:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVVc-mA8P4s

Great catch animation here. Also, Miami is wearing the throwbacks they will wear later in the season. Nice!

That was beautiful!

I've seen quite a bit of the WR/DB interactions through videos from E3 and ones recently and still have seen a lot of variety so far.

jaymo76
08-15-2015, 07:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db2jh5FwVpQ

Awesome interception! The physics look great!!!

jaymo76
08-15-2015, 07:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8EpKyCznB0

skipwondah33
08-15-2015, 07:13 PM
That was nice Jaymo.

Side note the player models look smaller and better to me than they are on Madden 15. Like that

There is more variety too. First seeing that breakup

jaymo76
08-15-2015, 07:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVj35Isbq1w

jaymo76
08-15-2015, 07:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGxdNb4EUq0

jaymo76
08-15-2015, 07:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut7RT_jH-NI

jaymo76
08-15-2015, 07:17 PM
Is it just me or do these physics look 100% better than anything Madden has ever done? Colour me impressed!

skipwondah33
08-15-2015, 08:01 PM
They are definitely improved.

The player models are much better as well.

Liking what I am seeing. Had a situation earlier where I could have had first down easily on a drag route. Except the WR is unable to catch in transition like they should. So a 9-10 yard gain was a tackle immediately by a DL. Didn't even have a chance to turn up field.

Look forward to these type of improvements. Really on the different catches and WR/DB stuff I am good

jaymo76
08-15-2015, 11:38 PM
Scary thought...

I just watched a guy play Madden 16 CFM on ALL MADDEN. Using Tim Tebow as his starting QB he crushed the Steelers 27-14 (granted it was on fantasy draft). Robo QB and AGRESSIVE CATCH all game long! Tebow had over 350 yards passing and 3 TD tosses.

The twitch feed left me nervous about Madden 16... again. I was feeling really good after those videos yesterday but didn't see any of that tonight.

Rudy
08-16-2015, 04:55 AM
I think accuracy is simply tuned too high on default. I always had my sliders no more than 10, even on all madden I believe. That can be fixed. I'm more worried about seeing separation between the CPU qbs. I want to see a much bigger difference than in the past. They all played the same with the same awareness other than scrambling.

I love how contested balls are up for grabs. In the past the DB knocked those down or picked them off every time.

skipwondah33
08-16-2015, 11:19 AM
Thankfully none of that stuff matters for me

Definitely like what I see in terms of Gameplay and the interactions

JeffHCross
08-16-2015, 12:49 PM
Have to admit, these videos are starting to make me consider a PS4 and Madden. Only just, but ...

jaymo76
08-16-2015, 05:18 PM
Have to admit, these videos are starting to make me consider a PS4 and Madden. Only just, but ...

With my EA ACCESS I will play the hell out of this game on the 20th/21st and provide a full summary. Let me know if you want me to look at anything specifically.

jaymo76
08-16-2015, 05:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC5z35P0Oo0

CFM menus...

CLW
08-17-2015, 11:53 AM
With my EA ACCESS I will play the hell out of this game on the 20th/21st and provide a full summary. Let me know if you want me to look at anything specifically.

My big issues are: (1) is there any defense in the game this year or is it still arena football; (2) how successful is just chucking it deep and aggressive catch going to be

JBHuskers
08-17-2015, 12:17 PM
My big issues are: (1) is there any defense in the game this year or is it still arena football; (2) how successful is just chucking it deep and aggressive catch going to be
My experiences so far are All Pro is pretty tough. I was even shut out one game :D

The deep pass seems to work okay for me. Works sometimes, doesn't most of the time.

jaymo76
08-17-2015, 02:51 PM
My experiences so far are All Pro is pretty tough. I was even shut out one game :D

The deep pass seems to work okay for me. Works sometimes, doesn't most of the time.

JB, as you have the inside track with the developers could you pass on the request to patch in formation subs saving from game-to-game. Since the developers will NOT add formation subs at least this option will give us the opportunity to set things how we like. #2 RB's just don't get enough work.

JBHuskers
08-17-2015, 03:23 PM
JB, as you have the inside track with the developers could you pass on the request to patch in formation subs saving from game-to-game. Since the developers will NOT add formation subs at least this option will give us the opportunity to set things how we like. #2 RB's just don't get enough work.

I'll pass it on. That's the most I can do :D

jaymo76
08-17-2015, 03:27 PM
I'll pass it on. That's the most I can do :D

Appreciate it! This is my #1 request for Madden and I am an immersion guy who desperately wants a weekly wrap up show, etc. However, we need formation subs back in any way shape or form.

Rudy
08-17-2015, 04:32 PM
Pass on a request for a Tecmo camera angle! High side scroller. I tweet at them but they just ignore me lol.

steelerfan
08-17-2015, 10:40 PM
JB, can you verify whether or not ST sliders have been separated in CFM? I know they are for Play Now but I hear that that doesn't mean they are for CFM.

Thanks.

Rudy
08-18-2015, 04:51 AM
Yet another year of an ea madden game changer program where nobody in there cares one iota about the sliders. They really need to add someone for testing since they have been so bad the last few years. Especially the run blocking and pass defence sliders.

SmoothPancakes
08-18-2015, 10:14 AM
Yet another year of an ea madden game changer program where nobody in there cares one iota about the sliders. They really need to add someone for testing since they have been so bad the last few years. Especially the run blocking and pass defence sliders.

Because these days all they care about is Madden Online. I doubt half of them even know where the sliders are located at in the game because they never worry or care about sliders since they don't get used online.

skipwondah33
08-18-2015, 10:27 AM
Because these days all they care about is Madden Online. I doubt half of them even know where the sliders are located at in the game because they never worry or care about sliders since they don't get used online.lol this definitely is me :D

SmoothPancakes
08-18-2015, 10:37 AM
lol this definitely is me :D

:D And there's nothing wrong with that! Some people, all they care about is online, whether it's Madden, NBA, Call of Duty, whatever, they buy games solely for the online. Me, I've always been a big offline player. I like single player campaigns, I like offline games, I like running one player offline dynasties. Even in games like Call of Duty, I like to play the campaigns. I just wish they still made the campaigns good like they used to, instead of the crap story afterthoughts that they've been for years now.

As for the game changers, they need to still give love to the entire game. Even if they are online only every other day of the year, still pay attention to the sliders, to the offline portions, to how the AI plays, etc, during all this stuff leading up to the release of the game.

JBHuskers
08-18-2015, 10:47 AM
I think you're mislabeling Game Changers for the community day guys. Not all Game Changers are involved. I've actually never been to a Madden community day.

I'm sure sliders have been brought up many times because there are a lot of the community day guys that run CFM's.

jaymo76
08-18-2015, 10:49 AM
:D And there's nothing wrong with that! Some people, all they care about is online, whether it's Madden, NBA, Call of Duty, whatever, they buy games solely for the online. Me, I've always been a big offline player. I like single player campaigns, I like offline games, I like running one player offline dynasties. Even in games like Call of Duty, I like to play the campaigns. I just wish they still made the campaigns good like they used to, instead of the crap story afterthoughts that they've been for years now.

As for the game changers, they need to still give love to the entire game. Even if they are online only every other day of the year, still pay attention to the sliders, to the offline portions, to how the AI plays, etc, during all this stuff leading up to the release of the game.

+1

I agree with everything you say. Rudy, you and I see it from the same perspective as "offline" or single player first. That also makes us dinosaurs, in the eyes of Tiburon.

SmoothPancakes
08-18-2015, 10:59 AM
+1

I agree with everything you say. Rudy, you and I see it from the same perspective as "offline" or single player first. That also makes us dinosaurs, in the eyes of Tiburon.

It's unfortunately the truth. Multiplayer is becoming a more and more massive portion of the gaming market, and companies are realizing that's where the time and money is being spent by the players. Slowly, games are going more and more multiplayer oriented. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see sports games and shooters almost exclusively multiplayer in 10 years. You can't really do it that much with stuff like RPGs and whatnot, but sports and shooters, I won't be the least bit surprised if that happens.

skipwondah33
08-18-2015, 11:08 AM
I've never cared for playing sports games against the CPU. Even before online modes became available it was against house rules to play against CPU in a Dynasty or Season mode because it was too easy. So as I have stated before someone else would be the opponent for the person who had a game. That way you always had a difficult game regardless if you were playing North Idaho State Community College or not. There were rarely undefeated seasons in any sports game we played. Even going back as far as Tecmo Bowl. Or Tecmo Basketball. We had some intense games every week and there was nothing like someone ruining your season and you having the chance to ruin there's down the line. It was a group of 4-5 family members

This rings true today, I'd much rather play a user than the CPU which is why I never do...unless it is mandatory (Powerhouse OD).

Now that doesn't mean I go out of my way to play a user (ie ranked play now games). I only play those if I want to absolutely try something or want to mess around, otherwise it is always a unranked game on All-Madden.

Playing the CPU simply isn't fun and the evidence in that IMO is that just to make it enjoyable you have to tweak 100 different variation of sliders just to get it there. Which still can't replicate the human element of playing a user...again IMO. Which too will get easy unless adjusted another 100 different variations

Nothing wrong with it, just two different styles. Though having a family and adding to the family will certainly make me an offline player soon :D

SmoothPancakes
08-18-2015, 01:59 PM
:D I certainly can't argue with that! Just look at how much work it takes some of us to find the "perfect" or as close to perfect as possible slider combination in NCAA, in Madden, in MLB The Show, etc., every year. It can take days/weeks and dozens of games to properly test a slider set out and fine tune any and all changes.

JBHuskers
08-18-2015, 03:57 PM
:D I certainly can't argue with that! Just look at how much work it takes some of us to find the "perfect" or as close to perfect as possible slider combination in NCAA, in Madden, in MLB The Show, etc., every year. It can take days/weeks and dozens of games to properly test a slider set out and fine tune any and all changes.

Yeah look at how many games :sf: plays on MLB and FIFA.

steelerfan
08-18-2015, 04:33 PM
I would say that, yes, it takes alot of games and tweaking and testing to get sliders to work. The amount, however, is being exaggerated in this thread. I've never used 100 variations and then 100 more or anything close to that.

I can nail most sliders down in a few games and then it becomes a matter of fine tuning the rest to get the stats I want. From there, I track my stats and make sure the numbers are staying in the ranges that I want.

A good example of how it can be is my most recent season on MLB. I didn't touch the sliders for the last 100 or so games and my stats were fantastic, there were great variations in the stats and results, it was fun and the W/L% was something that I felt was a good reflection of the quality of team that I had.

Just as easy as someone can say, "offline is no fun, sliders are a PITA, human element is missing", I can say, "online is no fun, sliders are worth it, human element means cheese, etc."

Sliders are not the great mystery that most purport that they are. The statistics will tell the story and as long as the numbers are good and you don't see anything ridiculous (including results), they're easy to work with.

Playing humans, for me, is shit.

PS Rudy, where did your statement that it's another year of sliders not being touched come from? Is there evidence of that or was it just a negative comment without basis for M16? Serious question because I'm considering getting Madden this year.

JBHuskers
08-18-2015, 04:36 PM
Just as easy as someone can say, "offline is no fun, sliders are a PITA, human element is missing", I can say, "online is no fun, sliders are worth it, human element means cheese, etc."

I'm on that side of the fence.

Rudy
08-18-2015, 07:17 PM
I would say that, yes, it takes alot of games and tweaking and testing to get sliders to work. The amount, however, is being exaggerated in this thread. I've never used 100 variations and then 100 more or anything close to that.

I can nail most sliders down in a few games and then it becomes a matter of fine tuning the rest to get the stats I want. From there, I track my stats and make sure the numbers are staying in the ranges that I want.

PS Rudy, where did your statement that it's another year of sliders not being touched come from? Is there evidence of that or was it just a negative comment without basis for M16? Serious question because I'm considering getting Madden this year.

No, I'm just guessing because no Dev talked about them, I got no info on them from anybody with EA Access and they have been shit for three years. The devs openly admitted to not touching them at all last year. I just think the current group of guys running madden don't care at all about them. The day I see new sliders like kick return blocking, CPU qb awareness, RB ability like NCAA, Etc will be the day I think we'll see real improvement here. I really hope I'm wrong and they work better thus year. I'm going to see if jpdavis can test some sliders. He got the game today I think.

And I agree fully that sliders don't have to be tested that much. It doesn't take long to get a good base set as long as there aren't any fundamental game flaws.

gigemaggs99
08-18-2015, 08:26 PM
Because these days all they care about is Madden Online. I doubt half of them even know where the sliders are located at in the game because they never worry or care about sliders since they don't get used online.

I went into the zfarls online gameplay twitch comments section last year (madden 15) I asked him about sliders and what does he suggest.

His answer was, "ummm sliders???"

:crickets:

I like playing Madden with a solid set of sliders. I've been using Smitty's Zero-Theory Simulation Sliders for the last couple of weeks and have been enjoying what seems like realistic stats.
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football-sliders/758429-smittys-zero-theory-simulation-sliders.html

Once Madden 16 comes out, hopefully there will be a good set, I don't play online much.

steelerfan
08-18-2015, 08:27 PM
No, I'm just guessing because no Dev talked about them, I got no info on them from anybody with EA Access and they have been shit for three years. The devs openly admitted to not touching them at all last year. I just think the current group of guys running madden don't care at all about them. The day I see new sliders like kick return blocking, CPU qb awareness, RB ability like NCAA, Etc will be the day I think we'll see real improvement here. I really hope I'm wrong and they work better thus year. I'm going to see if jpdavis can test some sliders. He got the game today I think.

And I agree fully that sliders don't have to be tested that much. It doesn't take long to get a good base set as long as there aren't any fundamental game flaws.
Thanks, buddy.

Please let us know, if you find anything out.

skipwondah33
08-18-2015, 08:54 PM
Fortunately I've been part of a Madden Community for past 7 years that doesn't have to worry about glitches or any if that you say people experience.

We only play unranked games type of seasons, and said abuse, glitches aren't allowed in any of the leagues

Also the "100" reference was a joke though you cannot lie or deny that there haven't been at best let's say multiple slider configurations for NCAA. And multiple is probably put mildly.

And it still isn't an exact set that can be agreed upon! Or that enhances the experience even. Now it's to the point where coaches philosophy has to be changed...and even subsititutions! But there is the recruiting immersion element which keeps people content.

I play Madden to actually strictly play the game. Not scout, draft, set ticket prices, etc, etc.

Speaking of which our Season 20 Super Bowl (Nickelbowl) is tonight at 10:30. Hopefully a good game. Steelers (me) vs Seahawks...which happens to be one of the best if not best Coaches in the league every season.

Rudy
08-18-2015, 09:01 PM
Thanks, buddy.

Please let us know, if you find anything out.

I have some questions out there right now. I remember big debates on whether one of the pass coverage sliders was reversed last year. It worked so poorly nobody could tell what it did.

As long as my guards don't blow away all DTs on inside runs on any difficulty or setting i will enjoy this game more. That ruined the game for me last year. I want to see more dynamic DTs that can make tfls on run plays.

steelerfan
08-18-2015, 10:45 PM
Fortunately I've been part of a Madden Community for past 7 years that doesn't have to worry about glitches or any if that you say people experience.

We only play unranked games type of seasons, and said abuse, glitches aren't allowed in any of the leagues

Also the "100" reference was a joke though you cannot lie or deny that there haven't been at best let's say multiple slider configurations for NCAA. And multiple is probably put mildly.

And it still isn't an exact set that can be agreed upon! Or that enhances the experience even. Now it's to the point where coaches philosophy has to be changed...and even subsititutions! But there is the recruiting immersion element which keeps people content.

I play Madden to actually strictly play the game. Not scout, draft, set ticket prices, etc, etc.

Speaking of which our Season 20 Super Bowl (Nickelbowl) is tonight at 10:30. Hopefully a good game. Steelers (me) vs Seahawks...which happens to be one of the best if not best Coaches in the league every season.

90% of what you said makes my argument for me. Online sucks (IMO) and your endless slider fiasco proves it (to me). No one is happy, nothing is settled.

I don't make sliders for 12 people to try and break. I make them for me. For me, they work. If I used them in an OD, it would likely be a different story because some people would be better than me, some worse, some cheesers, some "3rd and long exploiters", etc. The only game I ever really enjoyed playing online was NHL 14 and that was just with 3 users.

All of that said, I've NEVER played NCAA 14 but I won't "lie" - if I did, I would have a set of sliders that made ME happy within 2 weeks. And I probably wouldn't need to tweak them much beyond that (if at all).

Good luck in your Super Bowl.

steelerfan
08-18-2015, 10:46 PM
I have some questions out there right now. I remember big debates on whether one of the pass coverage sliders was reversed last year. It worked so poorly nobody could tell what it did.

As long as my guards don't blow away all DTs on inside runs on any difficulty or setting i will enjoy this game more. That ruined the game for me last year. I want to see more dynamic DTs that can make tfls on run plays.
:up:

skipwondah33
08-18-2015, 11:00 PM
You are right no one is happy that's why these threads get so much action. Always something to fix and always something terribly wrong with the game.

All I care about is EA making the Gameplay as best as possible. No other mode, feature or anything.

Pass trajectory, WR/DB interaction and the different type of catches (YAC!!!! woo) sound awesome to me. Long as they keep bettering the gameplay we both should be happy because in the end the actual playing of the game gets people to stay. If it's terrible no amount of slider work or CFM experience will keep anyone...though I'll still sludge it out because it's really the only game I play faithfully. Madden 25 was awful and played until wheels fell off

Again no one is wrong just personal preference. I don't look at offline players as a bad thing just something that I've never had fun doing against cpu

JBHuskers
08-19-2015, 12:07 AM
So I just saw the QB scramble and throw past the line of scrimmage. Just to see that happen on its own every once in a while is pretty cool.

steelerfan
08-19-2015, 12:19 AM
So I just saw the QB scramble and throw past the line of scrimmage. Just to see that happen on its own every once in a while is pretty cool.
I hope a flag was thrown.

JBHuskers
08-19-2015, 12:31 AM
I hope a flag was thrown.
Yes. Illegal forward pass. :D

steelerfan
08-19-2015, 01:14 AM
Yes. Illegal forward pass. :D
Excellent. :)

Rudy
08-19-2015, 05:08 AM
At 6:53 this chip block double ream by forte was cool.

https://youtu.be/Uu2HKF1GZG4

steelerfan
08-19-2015, 05:45 AM
Um, double ream by Forte? I don't want to watch. :smh:

:D

skipwondah33
08-19-2015, 09:02 AM
At 6:53 this chip block double ream by forte was cool.

https://youtu.be/Uu2HKF1GZG4The pass trajectory looked nice on a few of those Corner Post type throws. If that is the lob trajectory addition it looks to be huge.

On another note, CLW I needed some of that Arena football you were talking about in my game lastnight. Steelers came up short 13-10 in OT against the Seahawks

CLW
08-19-2015, 09:15 AM
The pass trajectory looked nice on a few of those Corner Post type throws. If that is the lob trajectory addition it looks to be huge.

On another note, CLW I needed some of that Arena football you were talking about in my game lastnight. Steelers came up short 13-10 in OT against the Seahawks

Well I just watched a MUT game and guys were WIDE OPEN all game long and the winning score was like 30 points (and the guys playing were not very good) and he left points out there. Streaks were money all game long.

skipwondah33
08-19-2015, 09:28 AM
Well I just watched a MUT game and guys were WIDE OPEN all game long and the winning score was like 30 points (and the guys playing were not very good) and he left points out there. Streaks were money all game long.No idea about MUT I don't play that mode, just know it's a bunch of Pro Bowl teams if not mistaken...depending on the money you spend

Also is that played on All-Madden?

CLW
08-19-2015, 09:29 AM
No idea about MUT I don't play that mode, just know it's a bunch of Pro Bowl teams if not mistaken...depending on the money you spend

Also is that played on All-Madden?

Eventually - yes but these guys have very bad teams

I think MUT is All-Pro

skipwondah33
08-19-2015, 12:37 PM
Alot of people don't care or really focus on playing D I don't think. Just pick a play and hope it works.

I focus on Defense and enjoy playing it over Offense. Not the best at it but I do put in the work to be somewhat solid.

Had plenty of low scoring games this version...10-3, 6-3, 17-0, 20-3. This on 9 minute quarters granted accelerated clock is used still gives for roughly 45+ plays per team...unless it's a pick fest. I usually can get anywhere from 2-5 interceptions a game. And drop another 2-3 :D. Again though we are playing on All-Madden so the AI is much better than on All-Pro

steelerfan
08-19-2015, 01:02 PM
2-5 interceptions per game???

:fp:

CLW
08-19-2015, 01:03 PM
2-5 interceptions per game???

it's the only defense in the game (user pick) - there are not any incomplete passes - its like tecmo bowl

skipwondah33
08-19-2015, 01:13 PM
it's the only defense in the game (user pick) - there are not any incomplete passes - its like tecmo bowlYeah I do get alot of user picks. Is that not considered defense? I don't want to play "put the controller down" or play control a defensive lineman type defense. Nothing wrong with that just prefer to be more active unless the play calls for it rarely.

But my defense is usually in place for me to click on and pick the ball off or the pressure forces my opponent to throw the ball. Alot of times I am trying to bait the person into throwing where I know they wanted to go.

Man I throw plenty of incompletions and alot are thrown against me as well.

Damn I'd have liked to have played you CLW.

If you have time, quite a few incompletions here in the video and interceptions...and dropped ones too lol. Final score was 27-7. Had a 24-3 and 13-10 in the playoff run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hyp35ckJuw

steelerfan
08-19-2015, 01:26 PM
it's the only defense in the game (user pick) - there are not any incomplete passes - its like tecmo bowl
I haven't played since 12 so I can only take an educated guess. But, even if what you say is true, sliders can artificially create incompletions by having INTs dropped. It's far from ideal but who the hell wants 2-5 INTs a game?

How anyone can think playing online and getting 5 interceptions a game is better than playing offline with sliders is baffling to me. It's a level of stupid that I don't understand. To each their own though, I suppose.

I'm going to buy 16, I think. Maybe I can't fix the game for ME with sliders (I'm guessing that I can) but I'll hold my opinion on it until it is based on more than speculation.

And don't get me wrong. I think Madden sucks and it has since PS2. I can't see that I'll ever buy it annually again (I haven't since PS2). I have no idea why anyone would buy this turd year after year. But after skipping 13, 25 and 15 I think it's time to give it a go again.

skipwondah33
08-19-2015, 02:18 PM
Well you have to consider I create majority of those. These would be completions most likely if not. This isn't the computer doing all of the work and just picking the ball off. Usually me undercutting the ball manually or guessing correctly on the intended target. No amount of sliders is going to change how I manually breakdown a play. Had I just put the controller down most of these interceptions may not even happen. And to they are considering that I will likely be in position to intercept the pass since we have played before so not to "test" my coverage area to say. Although I do mess up alot of coverages as well.

2-5 may be a stretch every game. I should have said every game against people who don't pay attention and just throw as quick as they can. Against guys who take their time I may only get 1-2 a game..if any. Hence in the game lastnight I only picked off one pass but dropped 2 other rather easy ones. I don't always catch the ones I am in position manually to pick off.

My point in all of this though is that there is Defense in the game and not the Arena score fest that I believe CLW experiences.

CLW
08-19-2015, 03:03 PM
My point in all of this though is that there is Defense in the game and not the Arena score fest that I believe CLW experiences.

I'm happy you get some defense. All I know is for the past several years now its just a score fest and the pass rush is non existent giving you all day to find the wide open receiver. In watching these idiots play - I'm seeing the same things - all you have to do is snap the ball - quickly read zone/man - throw to the receiver you know i going to be open 100% of the time against that coverage

skipwondah33
08-19-2015, 03:06 PM
I'm happy you get some defense. All I know is for the past several years now its just a score fest and the pass rush is non existent giving you all day to find the wide open receiver. In watching these idiots play - I'm seeing the same things - all you have to do is snap the ball - quickly read zone/man - throw to the receiver you know i going to be open 100% of the time against that coverageYeah and thats the problem I think people see in these All-Pro difficulty games.

These guys definitely know how to break a game. I recall a "tip" from the guys on the stream (Prima guide guys) being made about coming out in 5-wide with the Vikings, then audibling down to I-Form so Percy Harvin could be put in the backfield at RB. Then of course run a toss play.

You are right though if playing strictly Play Now ranked games...then yes the experience could be infuriating. The low number I play every version even gets to me a little

cdj
08-19-2015, 04:56 PM
Madden NFL 16 is now available for EA Access subscribers. Play up to 10 hours.

jaymo76
08-19-2015, 05:10 PM
Madden NFL 16 is now available for EA Access subscribers. Play up to 10 hours.

I am downloading it but I thought it was only pre-load. Is it confirmed to be playable now?

jaymo76
08-19-2015, 05:15 PM
As per Pasta

Madden NFL 16 is out now to download as a timed trial with EA Access on Xbox One. Subscribers to the service will get 10 hours of playtime after which it will expire. The timer is ticking down whenever the game is loaded regardless of whether it is being played, menus are being navigated through, or if there is any activity taking place at all. So make sure to exit out and close the application from the Xbox One home screen when not in use.

I better remember to close the application.

jaymo76
08-19-2015, 06:14 PM
Well, game is almost loaded and my wife is heading off to work. I have all three kids. No Madden for me until at least 9PM Pacific. :(

Rudy
08-19-2015, 06:43 PM
Um, double ream by Forte? I don't want to watch. :smh:

:D

Stupid auto correct!

Rudy
08-19-2015, 06:44 PM
Looking forward to impressions guys!

steelerfan
08-19-2015, 07:02 PM
Well, game is almost loaded and my wife is heading off to work. I have all three kids. No Madden for me until at least 9PM Pacific. :(
NyQuil Popsicles. :)

jaymo76
08-19-2015, 07:13 PM
NyQuil Popsicles. :)

:D Think the wife might divorce me over that one...

Rudy
08-19-2015, 07:50 PM
I am in Mississauga all day tomorrow. Don't think my lack of posts mean I won't be glued to this thread tomorrow night!

jaymo76
08-20-2015, 12:53 AM
Start up... download the new roster... check.

Damn load times are long at the start up.

Awesome intro... Pitt vs. Arizona.
* don't know why but super jaggy sound / kept cutting out.

4th and 7... Ben to Brown TD... Steelers win! Steelers win!

Then...

Intro from Ben...

1. Choose your fave team... Raiders
2. Choose your level... All Pro (they recommend rookie or pro)

Skills trainer is up next...

passing and catching... a lot harder than it looks and a lot more confusing!!!

jaymo76
08-20-2015, 02:02 AM
Game 1: Browns vs. Dolphins

Game start up is identical to 15.

game speed is faster. I will be switching to SLOW.

First play... I (Josh McCown) try a RAC and am intercepted!!!
Zone D stucks!
Default run game is way too strong for HUM
Lot's of one handed grabs... had an amazing one with Bowe
CPU return game is awful... straight ahead every time!
Crowd sound is a lot better!!!

Lots of tipped balls and they can ends in ints.
Beware of the neutral zone infractions
CPU QB's are very accurate
I had a 75 yard TD strike. Speed kills with the new mechanics

Halftime stats on the monolith are incorrect as compared to the game
Up until a 63 yard TD run Lamarr Miller was averaging 2.1 ypc
an encroachment call.. and the offense wasn't swt
offensive pass interference on Miami... nice!
3ints all from Y agressive tips

I lost 20-10 but it was a fun game.

jaymo76
08-20-2015, 02:07 AM
I don't have a gold membership so I cannot use draft mode or Ultimate team. I also have to play offline for CFM as I cannot use cloud.

jaymo76
08-20-2015, 02:12 AM
Load times are sooooooooooooooooooo long!!!

jaymo76
08-20-2015, 02:13 AM
Special teams sliders are NOT seperated between cpu and hum!!! Again!!!

steelerfan
08-20-2015, 02:20 AM
Fuck.

How fucking stupid can they be? The Madden team is awful. This has been an issue since AT LEAST Madden 12. Fix it already.

jaymo76
08-20-2015, 02:34 AM
CFM...

In the transaction log they have added the tile: position changed
Tweets are still in the game... they are in the league news feeed section.
Everything is more streamlined and you only get the depth if you look for it (hidden in menus)

jaymo76
08-20-2015, 02:38 AM
In CFM on the "wheel" they now have RATINGS. It provides the OVR and CONFIDENCE for your players. Nice addition!

jaymo76
08-20-2015, 02:46 AM
On your drives when you make a nice play you see a plus sign and a number... it's the xp that was gained by the player.

jaymo76
08-20-2015, 02:52 AM
Confirmed... Formation subs do not stick from week to week. Damn!

steelerfan
08-20-2015, 03:16 AM
Confirmed... Formation subs do not stick from week to week. Damn!

jaymo76
08-20-2015, 03:43 AM
I played for three hours and I have three short stream clips that I will upload later. Here it is in a nutshell.

1. Is this game better than 15? YES!
2. Is it a huge improvement from 15? NO! (with the exception of gameplay)
3. Is the gameplay a major step up from 15? YES!
4. If you have 15 should you buy 16? If gameplay is #1 to you then yes...if not it's a toss up.
5. Are the CFM improvements worth it? Probably NOT. Scouting is nice but that's about it.
6. What's the verdict on goals? At times I like them but frankly I find them annoying!
7. WR/DB interaction a good thing? YES but FYI it also involves A LOT more button mashing.
8. Legacy issues still present? YES
* AUTO SUBS doesn't do much, robo QB, weak cpu run game, poor zone D, no formation subs from week-to-week, running out of bounds, etc.
9. Is aggressive catch overdone? YES!!!! Too many one handed catches, too many tip drills and speed kills.
10. Is the audio better? YES!
11. Is presentation better? Well it's not very good but it is slightly less annoying than last year.
12. How are the facial scans? The players who have them look pretty good but the coaches don't look very good IMO.
13. How are FA ratings? Absurdly high! The FA pool is basically full of high 80's and high 70's players. It's crazy!
14. Has equipment been upgraded? NO! Nothing new in that area.
15. How well do penalties work? Fairly infrequent but definitely more than last year. (avg about 4 per game with no tweaks)

I haven't played with the sliders and have not seen any injuries at this time. am also not used to playing on XBOX so it is harder for me. That being said, it's a decent game. Is it worth $70-80 dollars? Honestly, if you enjoyed 15 then probably not but if you skipped 15 or didn't like 15 then I suspect you will like this game as the gameplay is a lot better.

I am down to about 6 hours so I need to save some time as I want to do scouting and a draft and then check out season two. I am also doing a relocation but I believe none of that changed.
12. Do stat banners last longer? YES!

jaymo76
08-20-2015, 04:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdQCibZy4sE

Not great quality as the stream kept cutting out but this is the last few minutes of my first game. I lost 20-10. on ALL PRO I had three interceptions which just killed me. Miami could not run the ball but a 62 yard rush messed up the stats. WR Bow had 2 amazing 1 handed catches. A great catch can be found around 8:35,

Rudy
08-20-2015, 05:06 AM
Fuck.

How fucking stupid can they be? The Madden team is awful. This has been an issue since AT LEAST Madden 12. Fix it already.

Totally agree. There is no excuse for this but just lends credence to the fact this current madden Dev team doesn't give a shit about sliders. Their focus is clearly on MUT and the offline gamer is told to bend over.

Jaymo, thanks for the great impressions. Sounds like I'll have to go to all madden to get a competent cpu offence. I thought they said user running was harder this year. If you have a chance can you see if you can just pound the ball up the middle on all madden too easy? That crap ruined Madden 15 for me.

And the free agent ratings have been ridiculous for a long time. If they are still free agents EA that means they suck. Almost everyone should be no higher than 70 on that list with only a handful of exceptions like Mathis.

jaymo76
08-20-2015, 05:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91UPFZgYjGw

A quick look at scouting in week three.

jaymo76
08-20-2015, 05:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0ZLKmg2_Kg

Nothing specific... just going through various menus. Notice at 10:30 with the FA list. Brutal!

Rudy
08-20-2015, 05:30 AM
Thanks for the throwback Miami game video!

jaymo76
08-20-2015, 05:31 AM
Totally agree. There is no excuse for this but just lends credence to the fact this current madden Dev team doesn't give a shit about sliders. Their focus is clearly on MUT and the offline gamer is told to bend over.

Jaymo, thanks for the great impressions. Sounds like I'll have to go to all madden to get a competent cpu offence. I thought they said user running was harder this year. If you have a chance can you see if you can just pound the ball up the middle on all madden too easy? That crap ruined Madden 15 for me.

And the free agent ratings have been ridiculous for a long time. If they are still free agents EA that means they suck. Almost everyone should be no higher than 70 on that list with only a handful of exceptions like Mathis.

Rudy I will look into the RB question tomorrow using I FORMATION and just run straight up the middle. I will try to get some footage. Based on tonight... it's pretty easy to get 5 yards at a time.

steelerfan
08-20-2015, 05:32 AM
First of all, thank you to jaymo for sharing with us. I appreciate it.

The news of the ST sliders and formation subs has me reconsidering whether I should buy this streaming pile.

I think I need to take the next few days to consider getting PES 16 instead (of course I'm buying FIFA either way). I need to educate myself on a few things with PES that I know may annoy me and weigh that against Madden because I'm positive Madden will piss me off.

jaymo76
08-20-2015, 05:32 AM
Thanks for the throwback Miami game video!

Such great unis! After that game even Cleveland's new unis are starting to rub off on me.

jaymo76
08-20-2015, 05:35 AM
First of all, thank you to jaymo for sharing with us. I appreciate it.

The news of the ST sliders and formation subs has me reconsidering whether I should buy this streaming pile.

I think I need to take the next few days to consider getting PES 16 instead (of course I'm buying FIFA either way). I need to educate myself on a few things with PES that I know may annoy me and weigh that against Madden because I'm positive Madden will piss me off.

No problem buddy. Any footage you want me to get, just let me know and I will see what I can do.

Rudy
08-20-2015, 05:35 AM
I like the new Browns uniforms. I'm leaving for work soon. I'm guessing Jaymo will be very tired today.
:)

skipwondah33
08-20-2015, 07:32 AM
I played for three hours and I have three short stream clips that I will upload later. Here it is in a nutshell.

7. WR/DB interaction a good thing? YES but FYI it also involves A LOT more button mashing.
15. How well do penalties work? Fairly infrequent but definitely more than last year. (avg about 4 per game with no tweaks)

I'm good with that...notably the Gameplay.

Glad more involvement is needed for the WR/DB interaction and not done automatically for the user. The icons likely don't show up on All-Madden for each catch I'd imagine also. Which I know you can probably turn on through settings.

Penalties? Any will be an improvement over the number I got this past version. I only got one my last game because I wasn't paying attention and ran into the punt returner :D. Other than that not much else in a huge number of games.

Good stuff Jaymo. Steelers gameplay or nothing lol

steelerfan
08-20-2015, 07:46 AM
No problem buddy. Any footage you want me to get, just let me know and I will see what I can do.
I appreciate whatever you get to. It's your money that got you early access and you should use the time as you see fit. Far be it from me to stoop to selfish requests.

Enjoy the rest of the time you have, buddy!

JBHuskers
08-20-2015, 09:12 AM

Fuck.

I could have sworn they were when I looked at them for :sf: a couple weeks ago.

JBHuskers
08-20-2015, 09:18 AM

4. If you have 15 should you buy 16? If gameplay is #1 to you then yes...if not it's a toss up.
5. Are the CFM improvements worth it? Probably NOT. Scouting is nice but that's about it.
6. What's the verdict on goals? At times I like them but frankly I find them annoying!
8. Legacy issues still present? YES
* AUTO SUBS doesn't do much, robo QB, weak cpu run game, poor zone D, no formation subs from week-to-week, running out of bounds, etc.
9. Is aggressive catch overdone? YES!!!! Too many one handed catches, too many tip drills and speed kills.
10. Is the audio better? YES!
11. Is presentation better? Well it's not very good but it is slightly less annoying than last year.
12. How are the facial scans? The players who have them look pretty good but the coaches don't look very good IMO.
13. How are FA ratings? Absurdly high! The FA pool is basically full of high 80's and high 70's players. It's crazy!
14. Has equipment been upgraded? NO! Nothing new in that area.

I haven't played with the sliders and have not seen any injuries at this time. am also not used to playing on XBOX so it is harder for me. That being said, it's a decent game. Is it worth $70-80 dollars? Honestly, if you enjoyed 15 then probably not but if you skipped 15 or didn't like 15 then I suspect you will like this game as the gameplay is a lot better.

I am down to about 6 hours so I need to save some time as I want to do scouting and a draft and then check out season two. I am also doing a relocation but I believe none of that changed.
12. Do stat banners last longer? YES!

Good stuff!

CLW
08-20-2015, 10:19 AM
watching Shop's stream now - JB when you plan on streaming?

skipwondah33
08-20-2015, 10:28 AM
Been watching it all morning.

JB if you aren't giving away games then I'm not showing up :D

jaymo76
08-20-2015, 10:57 AM
I could have sworn they were when I looked at them for :sf: a couple weeks ago.

No in CFM they are together.

cdj
08-20-2015, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the impressions & thoughts, jaymo. Appreciate it!

JBHuskers
08-20-2015, 12:00 PM
watching Shop's stream now - JB when you plan on streaming?

Around 5:30 central.

Been watching it all morning.

JB if you aren't giving away games then I'm not showing up :D

http://theaimn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Freeloaders-Tax-Paying-Meme-e1403263275744.jpg

skipwondah33
08-20-2015, 12:37 PM
Around 5:30 central.

http://theaimn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Freeloaders-Tax-Paying-Meme-e1403263275744.jpgHaha please my game is already bought at Best Buy lastnight for $29. Giveaways are just always interesting on Twitch :up:

JBHuskers
08-20-2015, 12:52 PM
Haha please my game is already bought at Best Buy lastnight for $29. Giveaways are just always interesting on Twitch :up:

:D I couldn't let that comment go ;)

jaymo76
08-20-2015, 01:58 PM
I really get the sense that ratings matter this year as weaker rated players are not very good (eg QB's and RB's). I just played Pittsburgh and they dominated me pretty good (SF). Too many INT's though. Sliders need to be adjusted re: the frequency. Big Ben threw 3 ints last game while my QB's threw 2.

skipwondah33
08-20-2015, 02:34 PM
Bradford looks to be pretty suspect throwing watching this Pasta Padre game. Also on all but 1 deep pass has been broken up or tipped.

They are using the "Play the ball" function and/or letting the CPU break up the pass

Bradford is 7-20, 45 yards and 3 interceptions. Threw a streak about 15 yards off target :D

jaymo76
08-20-2015, 06:27 PM
I find it incredibly difficult to use the icons on short passes. By the time you hit the icon the ball is already there. Most "user catches" are mid to deep range. Also, if you don't push the button it doesn't matter as the cpu catch mechanics will take over.

jaymo76
08-20-2015, 06:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtWKcDgFSGA

I really struggled against the Pittsburgh D in this game. Here is a bit of the game from kickoff to the Steelers first score.

jaymo76
08-20-2015, 06:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWUYlHVyLVg

Halftime show in the Pittsburgh vs SF game. This game was a dog. I could not run or pass the ball and BIG BEN kept throwing Ints. Rudy you will be happy to know that I rushed for 1 yard in the first half!!!

JBHuskers
08-20-2015, 07:16 PM
In my stream that's running right now, I've had a couple instances of pressure not created by me.

jaymo76
08-20-2015, 07:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CwmGTyhMYc

With a number of backups in the game, this was my only TD. Rookie QB Thompson is a 64ovr.

Rudy
08-20-2015, 07:49 PM
That was a pretty bad half Jaymo. Still seems as though cpu qbs aren't smart enough on all pro. I thought everyone said it was a lot tougher this year?

jaymo76
08-20-2015, 09:31 PM
That was a pretty bad half Jaymo. Still seems as though cpu qbs aren't smart enough on all pro. I thought everyone said it was a lot tougher this year?

QB play has not been spectacular but the QB's do go deep/long a fair amount and as such the aggressive catch interceptio is in play a lot more. Short passes they are deadly accurate. I don't know if weather was a factor in that game as Ben was awful!

Zone D isn't very strong this year... excet versus the deep ball. Man coverage is alot more effective. I am concerned about moving the cpu QB slider too much as last year if you moved accuracy to 10 or below the cpu gameplan would move to run heavy.

jaymo76
08-20-2015, 09:43 PM
Thus far on ALL PRO: A few other thoughts from today

Gameplay:
-too many interceptions hum and cpu
-too many one handed catches
-not enough non-blitz DL pressure
-really weak cpu return game
-weak zone coverage for hum and cpu
-slants and flants are often open pass zones

Presentation:
-presentation is actually somewhat better this year
-lots of new commentary
-Phil Simms far less annoying/few silly comments
-stadiums sound really good, especially with speakers!
-stat banners seem to report the correct information
^exception: the monolith stats aren't alays the same as the game stats

Unsure:
-penalties: haven't seen many
-injuries: haven't seen many
-auto-subs: have not had an RB or WR sub out yet

Overall, I am still really struggling with the new pass mechanics. It's extra buttons to mash and I have not mastered it yet. The more I play the better I will get. However, I am down to under five hours so I am trying to experience as much as I can with the time I have, hence no slider tweaks.

jaymo76
08-20-2015, 11:07 PM
I think there is an issue with the "encroachment" penalty. Three times now I have gotten an encroachment penalty when the cpu QB breaks the huddle. Nobody is set yet and then... boom... penalty on my D. A number of OS people have reported this as well.

jaymo76
08-21-2015, 02:10 AM
Had an interesting game tonight as NO vs Cincy in a snowstorm. I won 23-17 in OT, Brees was 19/43 for 342 yards 2 TD and 5 Ints. 3 of those pics were forced as I was trying out aggressive catch. I am of the opinion aggressive catch is not overpowered but I am also of the opinion that aggressive catch is smoke and mirrors... I will explain that later though.

jaymo76
08-21-2015, 02:12 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zN86YggRCE

Started a player CFM as a RB for the Rams. I used the profile of first round pick. First thing I noticed is that I am a 99ovr for injury??? Rudy, I made the player a power back and had 9 rushes to give you a sense of the run game on ALL PRO.

jaymo76
08-21-2015, 02:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg7xeAUm4hg

Here are some quick highlights and my RB's stats from the game vs. the Seahawks.

jaymo76
08-21-2015, 02:26 AM
Alright, time to stir the pot. I'm sure some (or many?) will not agree but I am of the opinion that the catch icons are more cosmetic than anything. When the icon pops up on the screen (aka X) that is the recommended catch from the cpu. However, if you do NOT hold X, the computer AI will automatically try and make that type of catch for you. If you wish to override that type of catch to A or X you can. For the last quarter of the Saints game I did NOT tap any icons and my receivers caught the all better than they have any game I have played thus far. Try it out. Don't use the icons and simply let the cpu make the catches and see if you notice any difference.

Rudy
08-21-2015, 03:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zN86YggRCE

Started a player CFM as a RB for the Rams. I used the profile of first round pick. First thing I noticed is that I am a 99ovr for injury??? Rudy, I made the player a power back and had 9 rushes to give you a sense of the run game on ALL PRO.

Those inside runs looked pretty easy. Your center was often blowing the DT 5 yards off the ball. The one DT was more stout but that was not a good video for me to see. I'd really like to see DTS shoot gaps more, even if it puts them out of position. Madden tends to make all defences a two gap, engage and shed scheme.

skipwondah33
08-21-2015, 06:37 AM
Good stuff Jaymo.

Q1 Trap was pretty unstoppable on Madden 15. Between it and Inside Zone from Shotgun. The some odd games I played online that's all people liked to run

skipwondah33
08-21-2015, 03:27 PM
Jaymo I noticed a few things on your TD drive against Steelers.

That one pass you put behind 2 defenders but essentially in front of another covering WR. That is a pick in nearly every version of Madden. Simply because the trajectory could have only been 2 ways. Straight bee-line to the WR and his spot giving the trailing defenders room to make up or simply just reach up picking it off. Or the ball would have been "under thrown" to the spot if lobbed and would have been easily picked off.

Of course a user could have clicked on and MAYBE made a play but not much can be done about that if they have to skill to do so. That deep ball too would likely have been underthrown as well or atleast enough for *** to get a hand on it. The speed discrepancy was what it should have been with *** being burnt.

jaymo76
08-21-2015, 04:43 PM
Breaking News: penalty sliders work!!! Wow!!! Do they ever work. I just played a game (Jets @ Skins) and with all penalties to 99, in 6 minute quarters there were 30 penalties!!! (17 NY 13 Was.). In the 2nd half I dropped penalties down to 60 and there were about 6 penalties.

Most common:
-facemask
-false start
-holding

Also, there is a bug with Encroachment that will need to be fixed.

jaymo76
08-21-2015, 06:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=End0fcPUzZ0

The Jets first drive... if you were worried that penalty sliders might not work, you having nothing to fear.

jaymo76
08-21-2015, 06:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGhtXBdupwc

One last look at penalties et. al.

skipwondah33
08-21-2015, 07:47 PM
Not sure if camera angle you are using but stadiums/fields look better. Have to see Heinz Field

jaymo76
08-21-2015, 08:08 PM
Not sure if camera angle you are using but stadiums/fields look better. Have to see Heinz Field

Yup stadiums, fields and players look really good. Domes obviously look a little less so but that is to be expected.

jaymo76
08-21-2015, 10:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IN7xXhaFCI

Skip here is a short clip from Heinz Field. It is a cpu vs. cpu matchup. My apologies but my stream was laggy so the quality is somewhat low.

skipwondah33
08-22-2015, 12:05 PM
Thanks Jaymo! Didn't have to do that just for me lol. Looks good.

Giants sure are an undisciplined bunch haha.

gigemaggs99
08-22-2015, 06:56 PM
Alright, time to stir the pot. I'm sure some (or many?) will not agree but I am of the opinion that the catch icons are more cosmetic than anything. When the icon pops up on the screen (aka X) that is the recommended catch from the cpu. However, if you do NOT hold X, the computer AI will automatically try and make that type of catch for you. If you wish to override that type of catch to A or X you can. For the last quarter of the Saints game I did NOT tap any icons and my receivers caught the all better than they have any game I have played thus far. Try it out. Don't use the icons and simply let the cpu make the catches and see if you notice any difference.

Is it an option to turn the catch icons/help/suggestion ON/OFF?

skipwondah33
08-22-2015, 06:57 PM
Sure it is. On other videos I've seen them not show. Assume it's just like turning off the other assists...kick arc, tackle cone, feedback

jaymo76
08-22-2015, 08:08 PM
Is it an option to turn the catch icons/help/suggestion ON/OFF?

Yes and when you turn them off the catching mechanics are identical to Madden 15. Hence why I feel that they are cosmetic in nature. If you simply play like you did last year you will have the same leve of success IMO.

gigemaggs99
08-22-2015, 08:59 PM
Cool, thanks. :up:

jaymo76
08-23-2015, 01:21 PM
Man, at least on XBOX1 the load times for this game is downright awful! It rivals The Show 14.

jaymo76
08-23-2015, 01:35 PM
CFM offseason....

8 coaches fired
huge # of stars who retire
lots of good players who are released...

jaymo76
08-23-2015, 03:18 PM
Just did a Madden 16 draft. Overall it's a lot better than Madden 15 and it's not even close. You get the combine numbers 3 weeks before the draft and are allowed to scout each of those weeks as well. I had a lot of information about players. I will still like more scouting points but it's an improvement for sure and a lot more fun IMO as you have to sue the information and make a "gut check" judgement..

jaymo76
08-23-2015, 04:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeMw1xFrgMU

Here's a clip I made looking at scouting and the combine numbers. Overall, I am really enjoying how scouting is done this year. It is streamlined and a lot more fun. In my next clip I will show off a bit the draft.

jaymo76
08-23-2015, 04:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcAvU6UISR8

Here is a clip of the CFM draft I did. I simmed to each of my picks due to time issues but you get the idea. Overall I really enjoyed the draft experience.

Rudy
08-23-2015, 06:10 PM
I really like the combine stats and the streamlined scouting will be a big hit with the average guy imo.

Dolphins Cut Brandon Albert and fired Philbin. Say it ain't so!

jaymo76
08-23-2015, 06:22 PM
Just going back over the video I love some of the names...

HB Ace Payne
LG Poppy Sims
WR Timario Flowers
LT Reggie Lumpkin

souljahbill
08-23-2015, 10:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeMw1xFrgMU

Here's a clip I made looking at scouting and the combine numbers. Overall, I am really enjoying how scouting is done this year. It is streamlined and a lot more fun. In my next clip I will show off a bit the draft.

That was a damn fine video. Extremely informative.

jaymo76
08-23-2015, 11:02 PM
That was a damn fine video. Extremely informative.

Thanks man! I don't make videos very often and frankly not a lot of people watch them when I do. But, I do enjoy creating them from time-to-time. Now that Twitch and YouTube are best friends it's so easy to stream and then upload.

jaymo76
08-24-2015, 12:41 AM
I didn't post it but I saw a video on PP that shows in year 2 of CFM, the Vikings "new" stadium is in the game. Well done EA/Tiburon!

skipwondah33
08-25-2015, 07:25 AM
Still haven't seen overpowered aggressive yet. Watched a few games lastnight of a guy who is pretty solid at manual catching. Between both teams both were 1/14 in attempts to purposely try to deep ball catch. 3 interceptions and numerous broken up passes. The only catch came after one tried to go for the interception when he was in front of the WR in a bad spot

All were against one on one coverage except 1

This was all on All-Madden

cjfranc81
08-25-2015, 04:28 PM
Does madden have super-sim like NCAA had?

I'm an NCAA guy with a ps4 and I'm getting football withdrawals. Trying to decide whether this is the year I try Madden.
Thanks

Rudy
08-25-2015, 04:31 PM
People are largely complaining about the big superstar WRs dominating the aggressive catch but that's exactly what should be happening. Single covering those guys gets you in a whole lot of trouble in real life. Guys like Megatron get doubled and still catch 5 or 6 balls for 100 yards every game. In the past I was never worried about the opposing cpu WRs since they all played the same. I'm looking forward to getting the game (hopefully mail brings it before weekend ) and checking it out.

Honestly I felt like I was one of the few people that loved impact players in NCAA 06. Yes they might have been a bit over powered but at least you had to change your gameplan and adjust for them. It made teams feel different and you were scared of players. In Madden you usually can play the same way every game and never see much personality or difference between teams. Glad to hear this isn't the case this year.

I do hope great qbs are great on all-pro and not just all madden.

jaymo76
08-25-2015, 05:00 PM
Does madden have super-sim like NCAA had?

I'm an NCAA guy with a ps4 and I'm getting football withdrawals. Trying to decide whether this is the year I try Madden.
Thanks

Yes but be warned that last year it was not good at creating accurate stats. I haven't tested this year.

jaymo76
08-25-2015, 05:26 PM
People may not want to download the tuner update. Many at OS are reporting that they cannot play the game now since downloading the tuner.

bdoughty
08-25-2015, 05:29 PM
Just got the game delivered and getting ready to install. Is there a way to not download the tuner update? Outside of disconnecting.

CLW
08-25-2015, 05:49 PM
I keep getting a message saying I do not have the most up to date rosters (I do) and I cannot play anything as it just sits at 0% for the last 2+ hours allegedly downloading the file I need.

gigemaggs99
08-25-2015, 05:58 PM
Just got the game delivered and getting ready to install. Is there a way to not download the tuner update? Outside of disconnecting.

I was able to play earlier today. No issues. This afternoon when my son got home from school we fired it up (Xbox1) and it said we needed to download the latest turner data, it kept saying it could not download/load at this time. Kept giving an "error".

I was able to click "NO" on the retry and it allowed us to play "play now" games.

Haven't tried any online or CFM stuff yet.

Ultimate team DID work.

I like the new animations, my son threw a long bomb and my CB tipped the ball I was able to switch to the FS and make a diving INT, that was new and pretty cool! :up:

I'm also liking how you can keep your HB or TE, or WR for that matter in bounds, I made some nice moves and was able to pick up the 1st, my son looked over and had the "WOW" face on, wanting to know how I was able to keep him in the field of play. :)

jaymo76
08-25-2015, 07:18 PM
I didn't check during Access but apparently for some bizarre reason, EA/Tiburon removed squib kicks from the game. Also, people at OS are reporting that the Madden 25 relocation issue is back. AKA If you move a team but keep their name and the team has it's city's name in the endzone, your new city will also have it. AKA move the Raiders to Oklahoma and keep the name. In your new stadium the endzones will read "Oakland" and "Raiders." This was fixed last year. Why is it back this year?

steelerfan
08-25-2015, 07:22 PM
Sucks.

jaymo76
08-25-2015, 07:25 PM
Some good news as per Pasta Padre...

Bugs specifically noted that will be addressed so far include the random encroachment coming out of the huddle, severe ratings regression in Franchise, ratings being boosted to absurd levels during Franchise games, broken SuperSim that gives QB’s a number of carries that rivals starting running backs, custom playbooks not always appearing, and draft classes that come in too high in certain attribute categories.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2015/08/25/patch-being-worked-on-to-address-many-madden-nfl-16-bugs

Still no ETA on a patch but it won't be "six weeks." ...

cdj
08-25-2015, 07:33 PM
The Tuner/Roster issue is fixed, per tweets from Rex & Kolbe.

steelerfan
08-25-2015, 08:47 PM
Man, wouldn't it suck to own Madden 16 and have no internet access?

gigemaggs99
08-25-2015, 08:49 PM
Man, wouldn't it suck to own Madden 16 and have no internet access?

LOL

SUCKS!

I'm one of the 0.01%.

My sons and I play, we aren't playing online. So far all we've tried is multiple Play Now games. Haven't started a CFM yet. I'm sure We'll start one with our Texans, but I haven't missed much playing offline.

I did notice they changed up the special teams menus, you have to look hard to find the QB kneel. I did notice there is a fake spike, that will be fun to try out.

steelerfan
08-25-2015, 08:58 PM
LOL

SUCKS!

I'm one of the 0.01%.

My sons and I play, we aren't playing online. So far all we've tried is multiple Play Now games. Haven't started a CFM yet. I'm sure We'll start one with our Texans, but I haven't missed much playing offline.

I did notice they changed up the special teams menus, you have to look hard to find the QB kneel. I did notice there is a fake spike, that will be fun to try out.
I was referring to having no ability to download patches etc. Not to simply playing Play Now games.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/25/26f7a42d34273810cecf5b8fa4717ef6.jpg

gigemaggs99
08-25-2015, 09:00 PM
LOL LOL

So here's a good review....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsxsKM8s7Qc

gigemaggs99
08-25-2015, 09:09 PM
I was referring to having no ability to download patches etc. Not to simply playing Play Now games.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/25/26f7a42d34273810cecf5b8fa4717ef6.jpg

It's EA day 1, you expected more?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRXxScBPTEo

jaymo76
08-25-2015, 09:15 PM
LOL LOL

So here's a good review....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsxsKM8s7Qc

Oh man... that video brought me to tears! Sam Kinnison plays Madden.

steelerfan
08-25-2015, 09:20 PM
It's EA day 1, you expected more?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRXxScBPTEo
Jesus Christ, man. You still don't get it.

IF YOU BOUGHT MADDEN AND COULD NOT DOWNLOAD PATCHES YOU WOULD BE STUCK WITH THE GAME AS IS - WITH ALL OF THE ISSUES THAT MAKE CFM BROKEN, ETC.

No one is saying they expected perfection. I just said I'd hate to be the guy who can't get the patches.

skipwondah33
08-25-2015, 09:56 PM
All I had to do was restart my PS4 and it worked fine...downloaded all of the updates it needed and that was it.

Quick impressions after a handful of games against friends on All-Madden only.

Aggressive catch isn't what all people are saying it is. In total my opponents and I combined are 8-46. Majority of those are with big WR's. We may just suck at doing it or something. I know we have picked each other off alot though...and half of the picks weren't even user picks.

Love the Gameplay additions. Get "skinny" running through hole.

Shading in coverage actually works. Love the way they tuned speed and separation.

QB throws that you can make now...notably back shoulder throw. Love the touch pass. QB's are wild with throws. Winston must have missed 10 easy passes in game just finished.

Don't have any impressions on CPU or any other mode. Gameplay is definitely nice if you are into that sort of thing.

gigemaggs99
08-25-2015, 10:03 PM
Jesus Christ, man. You still don't get it.

IF YOU BOUGHT MADDEN AND COULD NOT DOWNLOAD PATCHES YOU WOULD BE STUCK WITH THE GAME AS IS - WITH ALL OF THE ISSUES THAT MAKE CFM BROKEN, ETC.

No one is saying they expected perfection. I just said I'd hate to be the guy who can't get the patches.

Oh, I get it....I'm just saying that in the history of EA titles they are never complete day 1, heck they are usually never "complete" I'm just surprised after all this time people are still frustrated or amazed that this is front page news.

It's EA.

bdoughty
08-26-2015, 04:45 AM
Don't have any impressions on CPU or any other mode. Gameplay is definitely nice if you are into that sort of thing.

Really liking the running game and the game looks really nice on zoom level. Snow even looks better and you guys know I love my snow. There seems to be more of a depth to it. Or it could be I am getting senile. Speaking of senile, maybe I am just too old for all the new receiving stuff? I like the fact you can hold L1/L2 to throw the ball high or low. To me the receiver prompts are annoying and I am just sticking to one button (triangle) for jump. RAC? What else is my receiver going to do? I am just turning off all those prompts off and playing it like I did the old Madden games. It's not a bad thing, just seems like one too many things for me to do.

Trigger warning for gigem (gripes ahead)

Load times seem a bit longer this year to me.
Way, way, way to many dead players after being tackled. Especially on kickoff/punt returns, players just lay there frozen for far too long, far too often.

Just exhibition games until the season starts, rosters are finalized and there is another patch under the belt before starting my franchise.

* I did find out where EA Trax was, hidden up there in the messaging center for some crazy ass reason.

Hank
08-26-2015, 06:31 AM
How is the running game as far as jukes go?
I haven't really played a Madden game since 2000(?). The jukes then were on the bumper buttons and players like Sanders were awesome to control.
In the most recent games, it seems it was all stick-based and the jukes didn't feel nearly as quick or robust. It was like a subtle shift instead of a full on cut left or right.
It kind of ruined the running experience for me.

bdoughty
08-26-2015, 07:29 AM
How is the running game as far as jukes go?
I haven't really played a Madden game since 2000(?). The jukes then were on the bumper buttons and players like Sanders were awesome to control.
In the most recent games, it seems it was all stick-based and the jukes didn't feel nearly as quick or robust. It was like a subtle shift instead of a full on cut left or right.
It kind of ruined the running experience for me.

Of course it carries on the running backs abilities, how successful you can be juking. It has been R-Stick controlled for so long most of us are used to it. There are two types off jukes, a standard juke using only the R-Stick and a precision juke which requires you to hold down the left trigger while moving the R-Stick left or right. I rarely ever use the later and generally prefer to truck with my bigger backs. The standard juke really slows you down so the only time I use it is when trapped in the backfield or way down field when you have one guy to beat. The precision might make for a quicker cut but my brain never allows me to remember this combo.

skipwondah33
08-26-2015, 08:32 AM
Really liking the running game and the game looks really nice on zoom level. Snow even looks better and you guys know I love my snow. There seems to be more of a depth to it. Or it could be I am getting senile. Speaking of senile, maybe I am just too old for all the new receiving stuff? I like the fact you can hold L1/L2 to throw the ball high or low. To me the receiver prompts are annoying and I am just sticking to one button (triangle) for jump. RAC? What else is my receiver going to do? I am just turning off all those prompts off and playing it like I did the old Madden games. It's not a bad thing, just seems like one too many things for me to do.

Run game definitely looks nice. Feels better than past version as well in terms of movement. I love the get "skinny" feature. Before the RB would do that when it wasn't necessary I felt.

On All-Madden it is definitely difficult to run, especially up the middle. You can have a hole as wide as day but it will get closed quickly and backside pursuit is swarming.

Love the WR/DB interactions. I've had instances where my CB jammed or hand fought the WR so well that the QB overthrew to the spot he thought he would be by then. Speaking of which it's going to be alot of missed throws and missed throw interceptions. QB inaccuracy is definitely a factor even with the better rated QB's if you try to get cute throwing the wrong type of pass (Touch, Bullet).

Also I don't have the visual stuff show for me. On All-Madden it is off by default but you can turn all of that off in the settings if you don't want it showing. Should be under Visual Feedback. All of that is off for me as well as the tackle cone.

This is definitely a huge upgrade from the past several Madden's in terms of straight up Gameplay

Escobar
08-26-2015, 06:46 PM
Joe Horn is unstoppable in Draft Champions....smmmfffffhhhhhhh

souljahbill
08-26-2015, 07:56 PM
Joe Horn is unstoppable in Draft Champions....smmmfffffhhhhhhh

Does he get his cell phone after touchdowns?

gigemaggs99
08-26-2015, 09:05 PM
I've been playing on All-Pro. I think the RB jukes seem good. Using the right-stick they will make quick left and right jukes, LT + r-stick makes them slow down and make more agressive jukes.

The quick jukes seem faster to me, this year compared to Madden 2015, it's nice how they will make quick sharp cuts. :up:

I agree with the above on the onscreen stuff being a bit much. It will flash in red, "Under Pressure" then when you throw it, it suggests a button to press to make the catch while telling you at the same time what kind of pass you threw, touch, lob, bullet, etc...me and my son are like WHAT? did it say, and he's like, what did what say? it said 3 things at one time.

I pretty much ignore it as I'm doing my best to not get sacked and then complete a pass. I can't paint a picture with my toes while playing Madden or read a book at the same time so for this old dude it's a bit much on the sensory overload.

I am impressed with the DB tip passes that can them be caught by another defensive player, that's a cool new animation.

D-lineman are also much better, I threw a screen pass against my son and his D-lineman reached up and picked off the pass, we were both impressed. I guess that's one where I was supposed to press LT to lob it over the D-lineman.

I also like the added commentary from last year, they've put some new lines in there and some are pretty funny. I wish I could remember the one I heard tonight but it actually made me laugh.

I also like the on the fly stuff you can do w/ the QB. I was using the Miami Dolphins and was scrambling out of the pocket with Fightin' Texas Aggie Ryan Tannehill, my son was coming up to knock his head off as I was rumbling towards the First down marker, I flicked the right stick forward prior to crossing the LOS and it made his DB jump up in the air and gave me just enough time to sneak by. That was FUN!

skipwondah33
08-27-2015, 12:42 PM
Guys you can turn off the visual stuff simply turning it off in the Settings.

On a side note I just found out a nice little addition on Defense.

In the past when you had a QB Spy, the Spy would just sit back behind LOS and wait for the QB to run at them before trying to do something about it. Which usually mean't they could be outran, juked and be pretty worthless.

Now you are able to make the Spy attack the QB instead of just watching them by hitting the Right stick down. That will make the Spy defender attack the QB behind the LOS.

That is definitely nice. Continuing to be more and more impressed with the Gameplay this version.

jaymo76
08-27-2015, 03:16 PM
Lot's of people are complaining about passing mechanics. Mark my words, the devs will release a tuner patch which will destroy the pass game. Devs already said on twitter that changes are coming in wr/db interactions. :bang: Remember the solid run game on NCAA 11... then people complained and a patch killed the cpu run game. Don't give into the complainers EA!

skipwondah33
08-27-2015, 03:30 PM
Lot's of people are compalining about passing mechanics. Mark my words, the devs will release a tuner patch which will destroy the pass game. Devs already said on twitter that changes are coming in wr/db interactions. :bang: Remember the solid run game on NCAA 11... then people compalined and a patch killed the cpu run game. Don't give into the complainers EA!Seriously!

This is why I say somehow 2 different games should be made. One for the hardcore crowd that revolves around Gameplay, then one for the crowd of Freestyle/casual crowd.

Every strong version of the game gets ruined by those who can't understand, adapt or function with the game.

Not saying the game/Gameplay is perfect right now but it is very strong and I fear it's going to get watered down now. :mad:

Rudy
08-27-2015, 09:09 PM
Finally got Madden today. And after popping it in, waiting for the update and then waiting through a very long opening game sequence between Pitt and Arizona (it was cool but I should be able to skip it; load times are long) I got some gaming in. I did do a quick skills trainer on the passing game to get a quick look at the new passing and receiving controls.

I started out on All-Pro. Played a tiny bit against the Lions with Miami and got a pick 6 off of Stafford. Then shut if off since as I had to get back to work. Fired up a game later with Miami at Pitt (cpu). Roethlisberger lit me up like I couldn’t believe. At half time I was losing 35-7 as he ripped me a new one. He was 12-12, 285 yards and 4 TDs. He hit a couple bombs too as my coverage was horrid. It was actually really nice to see. I shut that game off at half and took on the Bills in Miami. This time I won 23-14 and Cassell was nowhere near as good as Big Ben. Very happy to see a separation between cpu QBs. I was also shocked that I saw the cpu QBs in some games actually throw the ball away including one time on a screen pass I covered where the QB spun out and threw the ball away. Unfortunately the pass rush is so awfully neutered on default that both QBs can read a book while sitting in the pocket. Definitely something that needs tweaking in the sliders but something that is certainly fixed offline.

I saw a few spectacular catches but more often than not these passes were not completed. My early impression is that the aggressive catch is not over powered although I haven’t used a dominant WR (although I expect a dominant WR to actually dominate). I think it’s true that you don’t have to hit those special catch buttons – I think they automatically trigger. But I do like the fact I can change them to something else. Quite a few times RAC popped up when I just wanted to secure the catch with possession. I do love the fact there is a battle in the air for the ball unlike years past where it was an automatic knockdown for the DB. I also like the options to keep my WR in bounds and this does seem much better to me.

The game itself looks fantastic in the afternoon games on the grass. The tackling looks great and realistic too. The halftime show is well done imo. But why can’t they apply that for a postgame show too? Instead we gets some highlight clips and no commentary. Nantz and Simms have similar commentary and I’m fine with them.

Special teams are still weak. No separate sliders for human vs cpu for some strange reason in franchise and you can’t even access special teams sliders in-game. CPU kick returners are never a threat and the cpu punter is terrible. The one time the punter kicked from his own 45 and I got the ball on my 41! I guess he kept it out of the end zone.

CPU clock management has changed. I don’t see the automatic timeout at 1:00 anymore. I’m guessing it’s around 45/46 seconds now. They don’t seem to burn their timeouts as fast but they also don’t use them well either. The cpu tried to squeeze in one more play before the half and the time ran out WITH a timeout in their pocket! Penalties are called more on default. I haven’t messed with those sliders but I trust everyone else that it’s much improved.

Everything feels like Madden has improved a bit or stayed the same and that leads me to my biggest annoyance – the inside running game. Overall with the running game I’ve seen some cool animations. Twice my RB seemed to spin off a tackler (without me hitting spin) and I got some extra yards including a cool long TD with Lamar Miller. The r-stick juke sucks but if you hold L2 (modifier) it’s decent although the spin is probably better.

For the last 2-3 years the inside running game has been too easy on ANY difficulty level and you could not fix this with sliders. The same appears to be the case in Madden 16. Guards and Centers routinely knock the DTs off the ball – usually by at least a yard though not always. DTs almost never seem to get into the backfield or even hold the point of attack. Despite all the cool animations in the passing game you don’t even need to see them. Just run ISOs inside or Inside Zone runs out of the shotgun and you never need to pass. Three straight runs and you get a first down as you march down the field and score. I dropped the user run blocking to 0 and the same thing happens. I then changed it to All-Madden with user run blocking and my interior OL kept knocking the DTs back as I continued to grind out first downs on the ground. I took Miami and had rushed for almost 200 yards against the Bills on All-Pro. Then in the second half with Cleveland against Philly I tried All-Madden with 0 run block and continued to stick it down their throats. It’s not like I’m running for 25 yards every time but when you can routinely pick up 3-6 yards every time it’s basically a money play. Running basic plays between the tackles should never be a money play and tackles for losses should happen more often. It makes third downs too easy to convert. I have begged EA to fix this but it’s still not. Very disappointed in this aspect of the game. This area killed M15 for me. I’m worried it will do the same for M16. If so I won’t be continuing my mistakes by buying Madden again for awhile. If they would only make the run blocking slider more powerful and tie it into the movement the OL gets I could fix this myself. But that slider still appears fairly useless. I’m frustrated.

skipwondah33
08-27-2015, 09:59 PM
Catches definitely make a difference and you have to use them. Maybe not offline or playing CPU, but All-Madden if you don't choose the right catch it's a drop, incorrect reaction or you run out of bounds by the sideline.

If you try to RAC catch in traffic it will more than likely be dropped. Also pressing Possession or RAC in a jump ball situation the WR will just try to catch it as such. He will never leave the ground. However pressing Aggressive makes them go up for the catch obviously. Tried this with every type of WR...Megatron, Antonio Brown, Mike Evans, Martavis Bryant, etc.

Possibly on the lower levels this is done for you but doesn't seem to be case on All-Madden in my number of games...sometimes the WR's will let the ball actually bounce off if you are between hitting Possession and RAC like I have done a few times. Screen plays also work better if you RAC catch. If you let the CPU decide for you it will be the delay transition upfield

jaymo76
08-27-2015, 10:02 PM
Catches definitely make a difference and you have to use them. Maybe not offline or playing CPU, but All-Madden if you don't choose the right catch it's a drop or run out of bounds.

If you try to RAC catch in traffic it will more than likely be dropped. Also pressing Possession or RAC in a jump ball situation the WR will just try to catch it as such. He will never leave the ground. However pressing Aggressive makes them go up for the catch obviously. Tried this with every type of WR...Megatron, Antonio Brown, Mike Evans, Martavis Bryant, etc.

Possibly on the lower levels this is done for you but doesn't seem to be case on All-Madden in my number of games...sometimes the WR's will let the ball actually bounce off if you are between hitting Possession and RAC like I have done a few times.

Strange. In all the time I played the recieivers will catch the ball or try for a catch regardless of what you do. Maybe all madden turns user catch on by default?

skipwondah33
08-27-2015, 10:07 PM
Oh no they will try to catch the ball of course but it will be how they decide I suppose.

I thought you guys were saying the different catch types didn't do anything or make a difference when pressed. If the AI chooses to do a RAC catch but you want an Aggressive catch you can make your WR try an Aggressive catch.

All the visual stuff is turned off for me so I don't know what the pass is calling for I just know what type of catch that I am pressing.

bdoughty
08-28-2015, 05:42 AM
So what camera is everyone using? Normally I am a zoom in guy but have gone with standard for offense and defense. I would prefer to use the defensive camera but something seems off about it compared to last year. Getting burned far too often due to how it switches. All-22 would be a great camera if they they would just let me tweak a few things. Love the camera angle but would prefer it zoomed in more.

So yeah, someone mention custom cameras for Madden 17. All the cool games are doing it.

gigemaggs99
08-28-2015, 10:11 AM
I've been using standard camera.

I wish they would add this to the up-coming patch. I like to use the X,A,Y controller configuration. I've used that for the last 2 years of Madden. In the past it would save it to my user profile. This year however, I can still change it in the settings menu and save my profile, but when I start Madden 16 up again it resorts back to the default Y,X,A configuration. I've finally quite trying to fight it and have been trying to learn the default setting.

I haven't tried a CFM yet as everyone here and other places on the net say it's messed up. Guess that will have to wait for the patch.

I also hope (sounds like they are going to address it) they resolve the encroachment penalty. When I play "Play now" games with my son user vs user we'll noticed when you come out of the huddle one defensive lineman will walk around in the offensive backfield, it's like he's lost then sometimes he'll bump into an O-lineman and it will throw the flag. These are CPU controlled players. My 7 year old gets all bent out of shape when that happens, for now we just decline the penalty.

I will say I like the new penalties, last night I was playing vs my son, Miami (me) vs Atlanta (him). I scrambled out of the pocket with Tannehill and ran out of bounds, he was user controlling his LB and light me up out of bounds. The fans started booing and they threw a flag for unnecessary roughness. That as a first and very welcomed. :up:

gigemaggs99
08-28-2015, 10:25 AM
Everything feels like Madden has improved a bit or stayed the same and that leads me to my biggest annoyance – the inside running game. Overall with the running game I’ve seen some cool animations. Twice my RB seemed to spin off a tackler (without me hitting spin) and I got some extra yards including a cool long TD with Lamar Miller. The r-stick juke sucks but if you hold L2 (modifier) it’s decent although the spin is probably better.

For the last 2-3 years the inside running game has been too easy on ANY difficulty level and you could not fix this with sliders. The same appears to be the case in Madden 16. Guards and Centers routinely knock the DTs off the ball – usually by at least a yard though not always. DTs almost never seem to get into the backfield or even hold the point of attack. Despite all the cool animations in the passing game you don’t even need to see them. Just run ISOs inside or Inside Zone runs out of the shotgun and you never need to pass. Three straight runs and you get a first down as you march down the field and score. I dropped the user run blocking to 0 and the same thing happens. I then changed it to All-Madden with user run blocking and my interior OL kept knocking the DTs back as I continued to grind out first downs on the ground. I took Miami and had rushed for almost 200 yards against the Bills on All-Pro. Then in the second half with Cleveland against Philly I tried All-Madden with 0 run block and continued to stick it down their throats. It’s not like I’m running for 25 yards every time but when you can routinely pick up 3-6 yards every time it’s basically a money play. Running basic plays between the tackles should never be a money play and tackles for losses should happen more often. It makes third downs too easy to convert. I have begged EA to fix this but it’s still not. Very disappointed in this aspect of the game. This area killed M15 for me. I’m worried it will do the same for M16. If so I won’t be continuing my mistakes by buying Madden again for awhile. If they would only make the run blocking slider more powerful and tie it into the movement the OL gets I could fix this myself. But that slider still appears fairly useless. I’m frustrated.

Agreed on the spin without me hitting the spin button thing, that is very strange and it would be nice if they'd take that out. I want to be in control of the RB.

CLW
08-28-2015, 12:24 PM
I've played a little more and God help us all if they make the deep ball agressive catch easier in the next tuning/patch. It's roughly 2/3 of the primary offense for playing these randoms in MUT and its already quite and in my opinion overly effective.

skipwondah33
08-28-2015, 01:25 PM
I use Standard camera, never even tried to get use to the Zoom.

In regards to the AI choosing to spin, I actually haven't had an instance where it had a negative impact on the run. It actually helped me on one carry though I wouldn't have chose to spin if it were up to me on the run, but that's just because I never use spin. The RB had a nice spin off the back of a blocker allowing me to break the run outside. The run was going no where up the middle.

I played one ranked game so far for giggles other night. It was funny because the guy I guess thought I didn't have any skill covering the deep ball. He badly threw 10 of them as they were off the mark often with Fitzpatrick. The others that were on target though were either picked off (he threw quite a few) or batted down. He finally was able to complete a few in the last 45 seconds of the game but it was already 24-0 at that point and I was in zero coverage Defense working on blitzes.

Rudy
08-28-2015, 04:09 PM
The auto spin has only helped me and I like it.

I use standard camera but I do like the all-22. Really wish I could have a sideways all-22 like Tecmo. That would be awesome.

And gigs, I am trying to get used to the default play calls too. After the mess up last year I figured I should just learn to adjust.

skipwondah33
08-28-2015, 06:06 PM
I was able to change and save my play call configuration

Did like I always do, first thing I change every version to make it Triangle, X, Square.

Haven't had to adjust it since day 1.

gigemaggs99
08-28-2015, 09:01 PM
I was able to change and save my play call configuration

Did like I always do, first thing I change every version to make it Triangle, X, Square.

Haven't had to adjust it since day 1.

Hmm, strange. On Xbox1 here, I've changed it and saved my user profile. It works fine until I turn off my Xbox1. Then the next day when I fire it up, it says loading user profile like normal, then when I start a game it's back to the default buttons. I can change it in the pause menu under settings and visual settings, but it gets old doing it each time I turn my machine back on, I think for now I'm just going to relearn the buttons and take what it gives me.

Rudy
08-28-2015, 09:23 PM
I thought I used to be able to upload highlights directly in game without having to save and upload to YouTube on ps4. Now I have to save a clip and do it later. Am I crazy?

Edit - realized I can edit and load to Youtube within Madden and it doesn't shut the game off like it warns.

Rudy
08-29-2015, 06:59 AM
I've had fun playing Madden 16. I really enjoy the new dynamics between WR and DB. Every time the ball is thrown the outcome isn't predictable. It adds a ton to the game which looks fantastic.

At first I thought the r-stick jukes were useless but they are actually good for subtle changes of direction in the backfield to avoid blockers. The real juke is the modifier juke though. That works nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMPMOJNujgQ&feature=youtu.be

I can't remember if I've seen any fumbles yet. Not a big deal with sliders and I've never liked them to be too high but I think default is pretty low. The commentary on QB injuries after coming back into the game is so repetitive and annoying. First time I experienced that myself this morning. After a game this morning the stats were off saying I had 3 players with 1/2 sacks. That's impossible. They have to add up to a whole number.

I've read people complain about zone coverage but I think the coverage is fairly balanced between man and zone. Both can be effective at times and both can blow coverages.

By far my biggest complaint about this game is the neutered DTs. This has been a trend the last few years and it remains my number one pet peeve. They don't shoot gaps, they get knocked off the ball, they never make tackles for loss in the run game. It's just terrible for both user and cpu. Ndamukong Suh had ZERO tackles or sacks this morning. Completely invisible. You just don't see them impact the game like they should while DEs routinely hold their ground against OTs leading to a running game that is unbalanced. Too easy to run inside compared to outside. It's just a real black eye on an otherwise good game.

Also, the cpu needs to be far more aggressive in calling plays when they are losing late in the game on defence. They sit back with 2 safeties deep when they need to be pressing and blitzing to prevent you from running out the clock. Where is the urgency on defence!

Rudy
08-29-2015, 09:13 AM
Couple other things - sideline awareness is a lot better by the WR's. A lot of that is simply the fact the receivers don't sprint to the flat on out routes. They are smarter and run it slower to help prevent that.

A couple times in the fourth quarter it looks to me as though everyone is slow. Not sure if this is just game long fatigue or just my imagination, mainly on long plays.

Onside kicks are a bit different now. The crowd sounds pretty good. I played against Miami and Tannehill was money against me. Just a sign of Miami dominance this fall!

skipwondah33
08-29-2015, 09:55 AM
Crowd yells Heeeeeeaaaath even in opposing stadiums which really happens.

Rudy I'll start saving some of the highlights of DT's hitting me for losses. Even in the 3-4 which isn't the DT's job but it happens at times.

Rudy
08-29-2015, 10:34 AM
I would love to see those DT highlights. All I see are neutered and useless players. Playing against Suh doesn't raise any concerns for me. He's a non factor.

gigemaggs99
08-29-2015, 05:42 PM
Crowd yells Heeeeeeaaaath even in opposing stadiums which really happens.

Rudy I'll start saving some of the highlights of DT's hitting me for losses. Even in the 3-4 which isn't the DT's job but it happens at times.

Agreed on the crowd noises, with the Texans when you run with Alfred Blue the crowd will yell BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUE

On a side note, it would be cool to combine the "reviews topic" with the "impressions topic" I find myself going back and forth between the 2.

skipwondah33
08-30-2015, 01:53 AM
I would love to see those DT highlights. All I see are neutered and useless players. Playing against Suh doesn't raise any concerns for me. He's a non factor.

K I'll be sure next few games I play to get them or stream so I can get the ones that don't happen to make highlight reel. I know in a game last night my DT/NT McLendon had 3 tackles, 1 tfl and 2 sacks. 6 minute quarters. Pick up game against guy in my league...he used Patriots

Rudy
08-30-2015, 05:20 AM
I played Miami vs Miami game. Both Suh players combined for two assisted tackles, 0.5 sacks. No solo tackles. That was after the game where Suh didn't even appear on the stat sheet. Maybe it's better online but offline DTs are nerfed. Looking forward to your highlights though. I want to see a DT actually impact the game.

gigemaggs99
08-30-2015, 11:06 AM
I played Miami vs Miami game. Both Suh players combined for two assisted tackles, 0.5 sacks. No solo tackles. That was after the game where Suh didn't even appear on the stat sheet. Maybe it's better online but offline DTs are nerfed. Looking forward to your highlights though. I want to see a DT actually impact the game.

I've played offline games only, usually with Dolphins or Texans, haven't seen the DT take over like I could last year. I.E. last year with JJ Watt I could blow up my son by beating guys off the LOS. This year not so much, maybe I'm not pressing the buttons properly.

I will say, he (my son) likes to blitz a lot and he is able to kill me off the LOS if I'm under center. It's usually a LB that comes untouched and flattens me before I can even get to my check down. I do better out of the Gun but he can really force me into 2nd and 3rd and long quickly.

-Side note- nice updated profile picture with Madden 16 :up:

Rudy
08-30-2015, 01:00 PM
I did see a DT TFL today. Was playing with Steelers against Ravens and was winning 19-3 in the 4th.

http://youtu.be/xM5KItngtCM

I had a really fun game with the chargers against the chiefs thus morning. You can really light up the CPU with a good passing attack. Not sure if I'm getting better or not. A great TE really helps since LBs can't cover them.

skipwondah33
08-30-2015, 01:16 PM
That's how it happens against and for me Rudy or similarly when I'm getting to run through the hole.

Especially when I need one yard or so usually.

I like covering TE's when my opponent doesn't expect it. Since no coverage calls to bump them dating back 4 versions atleast, I manually do it myself.

Just control a player on front of them and after the snap hit the R1 button to jam them and throw off the route. Since TE's are alot of people's first read it messes up quite a few offenses.

Rudy
08-30-2015, 01:29 PM
R1 is a jam button? I didn't know that. There are a ton of buttons in this game. I usually try to cover RBs or TEs but I struggle.

gigemaggs99
08-30-2015, 01:35 PM
I've noticed you can use a touch pass to lob it over the LBs head and drop in some nice passes. Since learning this I've started user controlling the MLB or the LB that I think needs to shade the wide side of the field and I sick back there and play something like a center field. I've gotten a lot of user picks, quite a few knock downs and am atleast there to make the tackle.

Another thing that's nice is they've changed up the CPU. I was playing my son, get got tired and we turned his controller off so I finished the game vs the CPU. I was up 40-21 with less than a minute to go. I took a knee and the CPU didn't take any time outs. It's like they've learned you can burn the clock and don't make you take 3 knees in a row using all 3 timeouts. :up:

Didn't know about the R1 jam button, I'll have to give that a shot.

On a side note, played at Buffalo this morning and on 3rd down when Buffalo is on Defense it plays a SWEET train horn! It plays it 2 times in a row, me and my kids loved it. :))

skipwondah33
08-30-2015, 01:39 PM
R1 is a jam button? I didn't know that. There are a ton of buttons in this game. I usually try to cover RBs or TEs but I struggle.

Yeah its been in the game since Madden 09 atleast

gigemaggs99
08-30-2015, 01:52 PM
Yeah its been in the game since Madden 09 atleast

I assume that means jam the WR correct? If you do it late (past 5 yards) do you get PI?

steelerfan
08-30-2015, 01:57 PM
I assume that means jam the WR correct?

No.

It's for this kind of jamming.

https://youtu.be/yWrfOdQG0GU

[emoji14]

SmoothPancakes
08-30-2015, 02:02 PM
That ain't how you jam. This is how you jam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcArnepkhv0

gigemaggs99
08-30-2015, 02:04 PM
No.

It's for this kind of jamming.

https://youtu.be/yWrfOdQG0GU

[emoji14]

AWESOME!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRwrg0db_zY

skipwondah33
08-30-2015, 02:40 PM
I assume that means jam the WR correct? If you do it late (past 5 yards) do you get PI?

Haven't ever tried past 5 yards. Think I tried lastnight but whiffed. Likely a PI this version for sure.

I've only tried while up close to TE at snap with a Safety behind.

Yes you can jam WR same way.

It definitely throws people off because they will more than likely overthrow the TE due to it

Rudy
08-30-2015, 05:39 PM

Check out @ClintOldenburg's Tweet: https://twitter.com/ClintOldenburg/status/638043869100249088?s=09

souljahbill
08-30-2015, 06:19 PM
Gotta love access to developers

jaymo76
08-30-2015, 08:38 PM

Check out @ClintOldenburg's Tweet: https://twitter.com/ClintOldenburg/status/638043869100249088?s=09

Rudy.... PLEASE, PLEASE. PLEASE... ask these guys to get formation subs to SAVE from week-to-week in CFM. I'm desperate!!!

Rudy
08-31-2015, 06:19 AM
Watch how ridiculously fast and impossible the cpu gets off a FG attempt at the end of the first half. The cpu Colts have NO timeouts either. They get the FG team out there, snap the ball and get the kick off in like 2 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPB_YJohewg

I was trying to test out the FG accuracy slider at 35 for both to see if it made it harder for me but it just results in the cpu missing kicks. It's still way too easy for me to make FGs. I really wish the sliders were separated in franchise mode.

One thing I've seen a few times in the game is a WR catching the ball and immediately getting hit knocking the ball out. But the game rules it a catch and fumble. With the way the NFL makes you blatantly prove you catch a pass, make a few football moves and call your momma in order to rule it a catch it stands out as a bit odd.

I am having quite a bit of fun with this game. I'd still like to see the DTs become more impactful and have the run game balanced a bit more so the outside runs are a bit easier and inside runs tougher.

steelerfan
08-31-2015, 06:44 AM
:smh:

Glad I saved my money.

skipwondah33
08-31-2015, 07:32 AM
It's still way too easy for me to make FGs. I really wish the sliders were separated in franchise mode.Rudy how do you propose making FG kicks harder for a human/user?

Unsure how you make something that a user controlled player is in control of difficult. Short of neutering the kick power, or blindfolding the kicker how can this be made difficult? Pretty sure regardless of what is done I'd be 100% from whatever spot inside of 50 yards I would be put at. That is based on my timing regardless how skinny the meter is.

Not having a meter at all and make the kick game resemble that of the golf swing on The Golf Club would be my only idea, but even still it's a routine that can be learned in a few games.

Or short of making it the kick meter from Madden 11...oh no one liked that meter at all :D. Most of that was due to the lag, though it still was tricky at first. Nothing a few games played still couldn't fix and have you 100% on them.

Only thing I could see is the occasionally blocked FG but surely hoping for a block rather than a miss is backwards. Since we are all about percentages, how many get blocked vs missed from that range?

bdoughty
08-31-2015, 07:49 AM
Numerous ways.

Have the wife do the kicking for you but only after an argument.
Close your eyes and use your left hand, keeping the right one off the controller. This will affect distance and accuracy.
Stop using a real kicker, go into the depth chart and make the worst lineman your kicker.
Never kick a field goal. Field goals are for pussies.

skipwondah33
08-31-2015, 08:04 AM
Numerous ways.

Close your eyes and use your left hand, keeping the right one off the controller. This will affect distance and accuracy.
Stop using a real kicker, go into the depth chart and make the worst lineman your kicker.
Never kick a field goal. Field goals are for pussies.lol sounds about right

PS those are the only ways, though I'm pretty sure I could catch on in 2 kicks or so for the 2nd one lol

steelerfan
08-31-2015, 08:12 AM
Playing online, with no sliders, yeah you should be 100% because EA makes it easy (because missing field goalzz iz no funn!1!!1!1!!).

I can promise you though, with working sliders the kicking game can be made appropriately challenging (it almost always was in NCAA, with sliders).

skipwondah33
08-31-2015, 08:23 AM
Playing online, with no sliders, yeah you should be 100% because EA makes it easy (because missing field goalzz iz no funn!1!!1!1!!).

I can promise you though, with working sliders the kicking game can be made appropriately challenging (it almost always was in NCAA, with sliders).It's easy regardless. Even in NCAA with various slider changes.

Neutering the power is the only thing but then you can't even get 30-yard FG's to the cross bar. (I know this because one year in Powerhouse the kick power and accuracy was low for users and I had a walk-on kicker. Missed 3 FG's due to distance but always had accuracy on point.

Regardless of what is done, a user still shouldn't miss a kick Online or offline. Unless of course their controller is messed up or they don't play often.

Not saying they shouldn't happen, but don't know you would make that difficult to the point it would actually have people missing FG's. Patterns and timing are easy to master in a video game with the number of times played.

Rudy
08-31-2015, 08:24 AM
Skip, it's really simple. You just make the R-stick more sensitive. I think NCAA 14 worked well that way. Plus separating sliders from cpu and human in franchise also helps. There is no good reason to not fix this. It's beyond easy imo. I assume that golf games using analog don't result in every swing being a hole in one or right around the cup.

EA has it all wrong. Kickers rarely miss in real life because they are short. If they miss the kick is wide.

In 2014 nfl kickers made 222 of 287 at 40-49 yards for a 77% success rate. I don't care how EA does it but a system where you make 100% of kicks is wrong, unrealistic and anticlimactic at end of games.

skipwondah33
08-31-2015, 08:36 AM
Skip, it's really simple. You just make the R-stick more sensitive. I think NCAA 14 worked well that way. Plus separating sliders from cpu and human in franchise also helps. There is no good reason to not fix this. It's beyond easy imo. I assume that golf games using analog don't result in every swing being a hole in one or right around the cup.

EA has it all wrong. Kickers rarely miss in real life because they are short. If they miss the kick is wide.Yes NCAA's work that way.....and is still easy to kick. Not sure what slider we are on for it but they are still easy. I missed a kick earlier in the season at home (BYU). Only reason I missed? Because the goal posts are white and the fan section behind the goal posts had on all white shirts so I couldn't see where I needed to kick the damn ball :D. Also tried to kick a 55 yarder and didn't get full power. That same slider also has CPU kickers shanking PAT's.

That isn't the reason why there aren't hole in ones due to the analog swing, a number of reasons even with perfect swings.

Still wouldn't expect many misses with an analog sensitive swing. Even if at 0 and a Golf Club type kick I still wouldn't expect you or I to miss many. Just IMO something that can't be made difference making difficult for a user, don't know maybe I am wrong.

Putting Ice over the meter may help....even though don't think Ice the kicker has helped me in an NCAA game yet

Rudy
08-31-2015, 08:42 AM
I actually preferred the old button meter method of the past to the R-stick.

skipwondah33
08-31-2015, 08:51 AM
I actually preferred the old button meter method of the past to the R-stick.That was the one that had people pissed lol. At first if you missed the accuracy portion by a little no telling where that thing would go. The lag certainly didn't help...even had some in offline I heard. Which on All-Madden moves at the speed of light damn near if I recall.

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/nfl/photogallery/madden_11_review_kicking.jpg

steelerfan
08-31-2015, 09:15 AM
I've never played NCAA 14 so I can't comment to how it is. Skip, I'm sorry but it is possible. The kicking sliders, beginning in like NCAA 11 or 12, became screwed up because the recruit ratings were awful.

Like Rudy said, if the right stick is sensitive enough it will work no matter how good you are.

gschwendt
08-31-2015, 09:27 AM
I make 99% of my FGs that aren't too short... that's even when I set the FG Accuracy slider to 5 and only look at a players power (not accuracy). I've never had a problem missing FGs wide, typically just short when I'm over-estimating my kicker.

To me, it should be similar to PGA TOUR. By that I mean, in NCAA, you only have to press down then up, doesn't matter what your stick does between the two. However, in PGA TOUR, it tracks your stick movement... NCAA should follow that and if you don't have a smooth down then up in a straight line, then it effects based on your kickers rating.

skipwondah33
08-31-2015, 09:36 AM
That's the thing I don't even think it's about being good, it's just muscle memory and repetition. I'm not the Madden FG guru but I play the game enough that developing a pattern isn't difficult.

In the Golf Club every swing of mine is identical in the way that I flick the analog stick. No swing feels different but at random times the result will be a mishit. Still out of 100 swings there may be 5-6 mishits tops on drives. Even less with irons. This is on Hard swing difficulty. And if you haven't played it that game takes swing sensitivity to another level.

All it took was repetition, which I assume would be the case even if kicking FG's was the same way. Maybe tying the harder you move the stick forward could be for power. Which is why I'll need a new controller just to play TGC.

Again you guys are the slider gurus, so it may be possible. Just not sure how Madden can incorporate in to make a difference out of the box. Variable slider changes every kick so you don't know the difficult beforehand maybe? Not showing the wind meter so you don't know which way it's going. Not having a meter at all. These are some of the things I did on Tiger Woods PGA to make it difficult.

I suggested to Pasta Padre 4 versions ago as he was giving some info to the Devs on adding suspense or whatever to kicking FG's in different stadiums. Said make kicking a FG in Heinz Field on the open end like the real thing. Variable wind directions without showing the wind meter is what I told him.

Rudy
08-31-2015, 10:20 AM
Hiding the wind meter doesn't make sense. Every kicker knows which way the wind is blowing. More sensitive sliders AND have ratings matter more is important. In the Show I can use pulse pitching and even though I can time it perfectly the result isn't perfect. Just give me a higher chance at success based on my ratings. EA needs to move to that. NFL kickers are great but they still miss over 20% of their kicks at 40-49 and those are all misses wide.

skipwondah33
08-31-2015, 10:25 AM
Just trying to think of some ways. None of it will still matter, outside of us using Playstation Move Cam and trying to kick the FG ourselves.

Completely neuter the sliders, ratings and you still won't miss wide.

Exaggerate the result of the slightest mishit, accuracy portion down to the tiniest nanosecond and have those hitting the tunnel section of the stadium....then FG's could be difficult.

Edit: Golfers also know the wind, but EA allowed you to turn that off so you couldn't see the severity of which it was blowing. Maybe make those goal post wind socks really mean something.

PSUEagle
08-31-2015, 02:02 PM
How's everyone doing. Bought a PS4 along with the new Madden and actually like a lot of what I've seen: I'm somewhat surprised (in a good way).

So, am I the only one who is frustrated to no end by the custom playbook feature? A million duplicate plays and formations that could be eliminated in favor of more unique formations/passing concepts, no way to order plays themselves, that star rating system that makes it virtually impossible to basically start from scratch, etc. I posted a way to fix the problem on OS, but I'm going to guess it'll fall on deaf ears.

I've got to give you guys over here props: you got the NCAA team to mostly fix the feature after NCAA 12. It wasn't 100% perfect, but it was pretty good and through a couple workarounds I found I was able to make playbooks pretty much exactly how I wanted them in a couple hours time. You would think they would let those guys port that over to Madden (and make improvements beyond that) but I guess not...

gigemaggs99
08-31-2015, 08:40 PM
Numerous ways.

Never kick a field goal. Field goals are for pussies.

LOL :up: