PDA

View Full Version : Blog Details Madden 16 MUT Features

cdj
08-12-2015, 11:20 AM
Welcome to Madden NFL 16 Ultimate Team (https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/2015/mut-welcome?utm_campaign=mad16-social-global-ic-tw-mut-welcome-081215-mut-tw-img-site-lnch&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&sourceid=mad16-social-global-ic-tw-mut-welcome-081215-mut-tw-img-site-lnch&cid=41901&ts=1439396417278)

Written by Madden NFL 16 Producer Tom Lischke

Think you have what it takes to put together the best team in Madden NFL 16, made up of current NFL stars as well as all-time NFL greats? Then Madden Ultimate Team (MUT) is for you. It tests your team-building skills as well as your ability to take your carefully-constructed team on the field and dominate the competition. Win Solo Challenges and tough head-to-head Seasons games to earn rewards that you can channel back into your team.

Ultimate Team delivers new content constantly through the year. New players are added to the mix throughout the season and even through April at the NFL Draft. Solo Challenge game scenarios are added that provide additional opportunities to earn exclusive rewards. Whether it’s highlighting star performances from last week’s games or commemorating famous legends, you can always count on Ultimate Team reflecting what’s happening in the NFL today.

CHOOSE YOUR UPGRADE PATH

In Ultimate Team, you are given a base level starter team. You then take that team onto the field to earn Coins, Player Items, and Packs to improve your lineup. As your team improves, you can take on tougher challenges for better rewards. Looking for a specific playbook, uniform, stadium or player? Check out the Auction House to find that Item or earn Coins for players you don’t need anymore.

WIN THE SUPER BOWL IN SEASONS

Think you have what it takes to go head-to-head? Ultimate Team’s Seasons format is the most competitive way to play Madden. Rise through the ranks and get to the Super Bowl to find some of the best Ultimate Team rewards.

WHAT’S NEW IN MADDEN ULTIMATE TEAM?

Ultimate Team has a number of upgrades for Madden NFL 16. There are a lot of improvements to how established systems work, as well as some changes that will make it more fun to earn rewards and drive your team forward.

Let’s start with what may seem on the surface like the small stuff. We reached out the community to get their improvement list. These things may each seem small on their own, but they’ll add up to a better experience for veteran Ultimate Team fans.

We have given both Solo Challenges and Sets a facelift to make them easier to use and surface the information that the community told us is most important. As part of this, we’ve fixed a huge pain point. Solo Challenges will now remember where you left off and give you the option to pick up right there with a continue button.

Need to make some room in your binder? We’ve increased the batch quicksell limit from 20 to 100. These, plus a number of other changes, mean you’ll spend less time “managing” your items and more time playing with them.

EXPANDED OBJECTIVES WITH ADDITIONAL REWARDS

Talking to the community, we had a lot of people ask why the Objectives system only covered starting out in Ultimate Team. This year, that system is significantly expanded and users will be given goals to accomplish to earn additional rewards throughout the year. Instead of just touching basic onboarding, Objectives can now cover in-game challenges or winning specific Solo Challenges.

And speaking of Solo Challenges, the types of games you’ll be playing have been massively upgraded. Instead of every challenge taking place at 1 p.m. in your home stadium, Solo Challenges now have a lot more flexibility, including game times, locations, and more.

The biggest new feature is that we can now create Ultimate Moment “scenario” games that start you mid-game. If you see a game that had an exciting finish in the NFL, it is a good bet that you’ll get to take on that Ultimate Moment in MUT the following week. The content team has been working hard to create a bunch of fun scenarios for launch.

NFL JOURNEY AND THE MUT GAUNTLET

The type of Solo Challenges you play at launch will be different as well. We are building the NFL Journey into the launch content this year, giving you a chance to take on tougher and tougher games as you level up your Ultimate Team. The MUT Gauntlet is also expanded this year and will be waiting for you.

DRAFT CHAMPIONS IS A BRAND-NEW MODE

Finally, if you are looking for another great way to earn rewards for your Ultimate Team, take a look at Draft Champions. MUT provides a season-long, in-depth campaign, but Madden’s new “fantasy football in one evening” experience can unlock some terrific rewards.

I OU a Beatn
08-12-2015, 12:34 PM
Not a whole lot of changes, but Ultimate Team is a pretty fleshed out mode as it is.

I need to be strong this year - DON'T OPEN ANY PACKS. Way more efficient to just earn coins and then buy whatever you want in the Auction House. I easily blew 5+ million coins on packs in '15, and I didn't pull a single upper tier card. :D

The temptation will be tough.

JBHuskers
08-12-2015, 12:41 PM
Not a whole lot of changes, but Ultimate Team is a pretty fleshed out mode as it is.

I need to be strong this year - DON'T OPEN ANY PACKS. Way more efficient to just earn coins and then buy whatever you want in the Auction House.

The temptation will be tough.

Ditto.

skipwondah33
08-12-2015, 02:25 PM
Ehh don't play the mode but there's always alot of fuss about it lol

As always any bonus or MUT stuff that I get goes to the highest bidder.....

or a whoever says they want it

JBHuskers
08-12-2015, 03:28 PM
Ehh don't play the mode but there's always alot of fuss about it lol

As always any bonus or MUT stuff that I get goes to the highest bidder.....

or a whoever says they want it

*raises hand* LOL

skipwondah33
08-12-2015, 03:41 PM
*raises hand* LOLYou got it. Will send when I get whatever it is lol